Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Amy Winehouse has been found dead in her London apartment, according to multiple reports.

The Grammy-winning British singer, who battled substance abuse throughout the years and most recently checked into rehab in May, was found Saturday (July 23) in her flat, according to Sky News. She was 27.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed to the BBC that “a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.”

U.K.’s Daily Mail reports that Amy had been seen with her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, earlier in the week as the teen performed during the iTunes festival.

Monte and Avery Lipman, President and CEO, Co-President of Universal Republic Records, respectively, said this in a statement to JustJared.com: “We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer. Our prayers go out to Amy‘s family, friends and fans at this difficult time.”

John Parra/Getty

WHAT?!! This is TERRIBLE!!!

So depressing and sad.
Addiction is such a terrible thing
All that talent put to waste by drugs!!

RIP Amy

Ah DRUGS!!! so sad but not shocking!

Soooo unbelievably sad. NOT shocked at all, just sad sad sad :(

another talented artist consumed by drugs … so sad

Death by drugs.

Not shocking, but sad nonetheless. She was exceptionally talented, what a waste.

Great voice, Sad life!!!!! :((((( I hate drugs

Crap singer who was overblown in the media & went nowhere after her first album.
She lived a drug & alcohol filled life & why be shocked to hear this, knew it was coming, she has ALL THE HELP in the world but chose to ignore the pleas from family & friends, well look where it got her.

Not surprised, but so sad :-(

What a sad and horrible thing to happen to someone with talent but it’s no secret that dependency and abuse of drugs leads to death. When will people learn? 27 club…RIP.

I had hopes… =( So sad…

NO NO NO !!!!!

Oh goodness, that is truly sad and terrible.

I am very shocked. She’s been under the radar for awhile. I thought she was getting better. : (

No few days ago I was thinking about her and afraid because she was 27 like JIM, Janis, Jimy…no COME ON !! please! :(

Sadly not shocked whatsoever, but what an absolute shame & waste of a life & talent.

Really makes me sad to think how the music industry (and celebrity life in general, actors, artists etc too) still seems to have a heavy drug culture that is seen as “cool” or necessary for the “artistic process” or whatever bollocks they spout about it. Addition is sad no matter what but it should never be glorified & passed off as cool as it often times seems to be within celebrityville.

well i did see this will coming..she was very talented and sad that she wasnt able to stop drinking and use drogs..
i hope it will be a wake up call for people

So shocked. Such a shame this talent has gone. RIP Amy.

I’m not surprised, but I am still sad. This is horrible. :(

Such sad news. RIP Amy.

Richard P @ 07/23/2011 at 1:09 pm

Great voice

R.I.P Amy

Appletini @ 07/23/2011 at 1:09 pm

Is it a rule that talented singers and actors die at 27? RIP Amy.

This is so sad… She had so much talent. What a shame. Even if she made mistakes, she didn’t deserve this. Nobody does.

One of the greatest tragedies is wasted talent. Amy had talent in spades but an unsettled heart with deep insecurities will always give out too soon.

This is tragic. I really hoped she would get it together. Such talent wasted!

Michelle Prescott @ 07/23/2011 at 1:11 pm

Just so sad!

heart attack maybe…..it’s very very common among cocaine users even after they kicked the habit.
R.I.P

What a tragic waste of such a talented and gifted woman.

We knew this was coming but it doesn’t make it any easier. May you RIP Amy. Deepest condolences to your loving parents and the family.

Although this is not a huge surprise due to her drug abuse, it is a shock. And what makes me so mad at her is that she had so much talent. So very much. I know drugs are an addiction, but she could have been one of the greatest singers of our time.

dude, i just cant believe
of course we knew it was just matter of time
but i really thought that she could get over all the drug problem and come back to music

dude, i just cant believe
of course we knew it was just matter of time

It is sad that she is dead..Very talented so much so she even never realized the depths of her talents.She was struggling..She is human..She was an Artist.
Yes she died By drugs..And everyone can say Oh it is Drugs and what ever.w

But the truth is When one is an Artist.One feels alot not any more than any human being..But that as an Artist..

One must confront the demons of life on a daily basis..The creativity process..The barrage of Fans..The Music industry..The media scrutiny..Everything…

Could we have cut her some slack absolutely..What she was doing was trying to numb herself and not feel..and too take away any pain that she was feeling and whatever she was dealing with….

She deserved a full life..What she does not deserve is people saying **** about her even when she is dead..
Have some degree of class and feelings People..
Have atleast some feelings for another human being who was we all knew was struggling to LIVE!!!
But Failed to fine the support and the love of people who could help her fight her battles and help her from destroying herself……

@Lisa: She had 2 great Albums, the first was FRANK and the second BACK TO BLACK, she could have done so much more, sadly she lost her way :(

Another member of “Club 27″ … so sad.

Some people are disgusting. Yes, she did drugs and drink but was exceptionally talented. This is tragic news and people making horrible comments are complete lowlifes. May she be long remembered for making incredible music. RIP Amy Winehouse, you will be missed.

Rest in peace angel x

wasn’t a fan of her music but still so sad. :( praying for her family and friends through this hard time maybe the people around her who are doing drugs too will have a wake up call from this happening.

@Ed:
I don’t understand why you would wish someone dead. -_-

drug overdose

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 07/23/2011 at 1:22 pm

@Lisa: …you’re right.

natalie richards @ 07/23/2011 at 1:23 pm

Its a real shame amy was known as a drug user but still didn’t need to be dead thoughts are with her family R.I.P amy winehouse legend to music…..!!! Xx natalie liverpool..

So sad she was so young not even lived half her life, RIP amy x

I ‘m not surprised , but its sad she had so much talent.

MangerBouger @ 07/23/2011 at 1:27 pm

OMG This was totally unexpected … but I think she wasn’t happy with her life that’s why she degraded herself in such a way … sad cause she had a unique talent, great voice !! She will surely be missed for me. Reminds me of Jeff Buckley’s story.

Take heed Lohan. Take heed.

@Ed:

You are sick.

I could just cry. Such a young woman with such a great gift…Her entire life ahead of her..now gone. How sad her songs were, did anyone not hear and help? Inevitably she did not help herself. 27…Rest in peace.

We all love u n miss u RIP

liam connolly @ 07/23/2011 at 1:35 pm

Sorry to hear of this tragic news,as Amy was very talented in her music and will be dearly missed by all her fans family n friends godbless r.i.p

@Lisa: don’t be a *****, she passed away let her rest in peace, seriously you don’t need to insult her especially after she just died. how would you feel if you died and somone talks **** about you. if you don’t like her just let it go and don’t worry about it.

@Gabbya:

Have you got nothing better to do than beg for attention? A person has died, have some respect!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

how sad. she was only 27 and had her whole life ahead of her. i hope this is a wake up call to all of young hollywood who thinks it’s cool to smoke, drink and do drugs. it’s not.

suchadavidd @ 07/23/2011 at 1:39 pm

So sad… One of the most talented singers is gone!
Will be missed
RIP Amy

@Gabbya:

I really pity you.

Knew it would happen eventually but sad all the same.

i knew that will happen!

I was reading an article about her the other day about her canceled tours, this is sad. regards to the her family*friends RIP Miss Whinehouse.

CaliWriter @ 07/23/2011 at 1:45 pm

And who in the world did not see this one coming?
Sad when these people who have just about everything end up like this.

wow she was so great and could have been amazing. Can’t say I’m surprised since she couldn’t even perform anymore. Truly sad news. I had always hoped to hear her have a fairytale story, not this….RIP.

WOW Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jimmi Hendrix. Amy Winehouse all 27! this is so sad RIP :(

Omg! I’m so sad right now …
I was really hoping for the best for her ,
I’m in shock.

I am really shocked and saddened. Her music was beautiful and innovative. We lost one of the few talented musicians out there. I will miss you Amy.

did anyone NOT see this coming? what a waste.

not even shocking, which says a lot. next up.. lindsay lohan

RIP AMY!! (And can you guys please remove that “Get the Look” pop-up when scrolling over the picture? it’s so not right)

Look what Blake did…

Back to Black one of favorite albums of all times. I’m so shocked and yet we all knew how she would end, just not this soon. Much love to her family and friends for their loss.

Jennifer MANASTEALIN @ 07/23/2011 at 2:02 pm

Hope she has found peace at last.
RIP Amy

stacy rogers @ 07/23/2011 at 2:04 pm

Amy was a awsome singer me n ma fam was a fan R.I.P we will miss you loved but left ***

It’s shocking. RIP Amy, another one gone too soon.

afowzo3000 @ 07/23/2011 at 2:16 pm

RIP Amy! Note to record label and the world: one word…. TRIBUTE

It’s so sad that she wasn’t strong enough to fight her demons. Hopefully she can be in peace now……R.I.P!!!

Jesus, thats terrible. Hardly suprising though. RIP Amy

Holy sh!t! I always thought she would make it, I always hoped she would make it, I have no words. I loved her music it sucks that it ended so soon for her. Rest In Peace, Amy.

If it’s drug related then I have no sympathy at all. She may have been an ok performer but that’s not what I will remember her for, it’ll be for the drugs.

That’s ANOTHER one at aged 27 …. Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix (Kurt Cobain, too?) Get those conspiracy theorists out!!!

Drugs, alcohol and an Eating disorder=catastrophe

Speechless…..

Rest In Peace Amy. Along with all those who lost their lives in Norway yesterday. Too many young people have died in vain. We are thinking of you. Your talent will live on forever, Amy.

@FINALLY:

you’re a disgusting pig.

juliemoon @ 07/23/2011 at 2:43 pm

I’m going to listen to Back to Black and a have a good cry today. Rip, Amy.

I saw it it coming, when she around her forties. but 27?!?!?! To young. R.I.P

I wasn’t a fan of hers by any means, but I want to say that I am sorry. I hate to hear the news of ANYONE dying. With that being said, I can’t say I’m completely shocked. We’ve all heard about her past addiction so as sad as it is, it’s not that surprising.

this is so tragic. Amy was extremely good.

One of the greatest voice of our time gone too soon. RIP Amy. I will miss you.

Brian @85 you are a self-righteous ****.

@FINALLY:

I’m sorry but did you know anything about her? Sure she was an addict, we all know that, but do you truly know the person behind all of that? She was talented and in my opinion didn’t fully know that and always cheated herself for less. If you don’t like her please don’t come here and talk **** about this women that you knew not a damn thing about. Get some help, don’t be an ****, take a look in the mirror and think if I died would I want someone disrespecting me like that? Despite what you think people actually do love her and are mourning the loss of someone so special.

I’m not sure whether this is shocking or not shocking at all. It’s kind of both. Oh, Amy, Amy.

Rest in peace Great Soul Singer !!! we will miss your voice :(

Unlike so many here, I AM SHOCKED. Of course I am shocked. This by definition, is shocking news. Doesn’t matter how “inevitable” her death was. It is always shocking when someone young succumbs to the forces of death and destruction, as it should be.

Mrs. Toth is a JOKE!!! @ 07/23/2011 at 3:05 pm

Deep demons she couldnt over come! Rest in Peace Amy!!!!

Sadness :( Addiction is horrible and devastating in so many ways. She will be very missed.

Has it been confirmed she died of a drug overdose? Or something related to drug abuse? I suppose it would have to be, 27 is too young to die of natural causes.

Rest in peace Amy.

lafamepoma @ 07/23/2011 at 3:14 pm

She had to go to rehab

lafamepoma @ 07/23/2011 at 3:23 pm

I regret so much to not like her before, I will listen her music remembering her.

I Am SHOCKED no one coudd have foreseen her death Its traggic and incomprehensible those that keep saying i am not shocked are th ignorant fools who are able to calmly pass judgment on other when they are not involved when they dont know what to fear and the struggle to stop drugs I am Trully devasted she as my favourite singer

What a waste of talent.

Jacob and Pete @ 07/23/2011 at 3:53 pm

OMG No!!! Thats horrible!!! I´m Crying so much right now.

AMY.. AMY… GOOD BYE! :( :(

F*ck, no! This cannot be true.

Loved her voice. I’m f*cking crying here. Why do all the geniuses die? Why are they so self destructive?

Bless her family, fans, and friends that will miss this Lil young lady, who shared her beauty and talent of music with us. It’s truly heartbreaking to see a young life taken so early. We the people of this world, must take action on substance abuse and other habits that take over a troubled soul with so much future ahead. Peace and Love to Amy*

That truly sucks. She was a great singer, and one of the few artists left who make true MUSIC.
I wasn’t a fan of soul and everything, she was the only artist that made me like it. She was great, too bad drugs and other sh*t like that will be the first thing we’ll remind of when we’ll talk about her.

R.I.P.

OMG! THIS IS SO SAD

It was expected, really.
So it goes.
R.I.P.

Much Love Amy. R.I.P Babe. So very sad. Peace Love Empathy. ***

Great singer, great soul, rest in peace Amy.

i am not surprised but i will respect her forever she was so talented and this advice for anyone who will use drugs :( to remember Amy and the others

She was such a great talent real not sophisticated or fake…she didn’t faked who she was..too bad this was waste just like that, so young may she rest in peace.

nooo oooooo wayyyyyyyy

I remember an interview of her where she was scared of death, whene someone asked her, i remember it was at the time ofHeath ledger death and she said she doesn’t want to die like this…im so sad now about her because she tries to help herself out, this f-cking addiction is really terrible and uncontrolled something that you can’t control

sowhat4555 @ 07/23/2011 at 4:55 pm

I’m glad to finally see some good news about her.

Not surprised at all @ 07/23/2011 at 5:01 pm

Addictions kill. Whether it’s food, alcohol, drugs,cigarettes. But no one ever listens and thinks “that can’t happen to me.” The morgue is full of dead people who thought like that.

@Lisa: #12
Lisa @ 07/23/2011 at 1:02 pm

***********************************************************
Thanks for the truth.

“cause of death unexplained”

HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT, WE ALL KNOW WHY…

death doesn’t know any one..it comes suddenly to steal people who we love..

Other artists on this path should take note. Such a sad ending for an outstanding talent.

OMG, R.I.P. Amy Winehouse. Thank you for the great music!

Очень жаль…

R.i.p Amy, you’ll be truly missed. I was so waiting for your musical return :(

a curse of club 27 @ 07/23/2011 at 5:56 pm

OMG PEOPLE WERE RIGHT

SHE JOINS CLUB 27 NOW

I hope Lindsey lohan sees that this could be her.

Oh - My, My @ 07/23/2011 at 6:06 pm

There was some talk to expect another Cobain situation. it’s just so sad. Her voice is in the league of Joplin, Aretha, the greats.

But it was upsetting how people were making fun of her instead of taking the steps to get her literally ‘certified’ so she could get the help she needed.

But can you believe a popular stupidmodel was making fun of her disease? For all her PR-instructed image, CINDY CRAWFORD doesn’t understand empathy – unless it applies to herself, of course. Check this
out: http://www.x17online.com/celebrities/cindy_crawford/in_case_you_missed_it_cindy_crawford_at_kate_hudsons_big_halloween_bash-10272008.php

A little insensitive, non? Possibly sociopathic.

When will people learn. Such a waste of a life! It saddens me when I read about people like Amy. She was immensely talented and so young. As a mother, I hurt for her parents. Amy’s life is over but her parents will have to bear the burden of her death for the rest of their lives. As a child, my mother told me not to touch a hot stove as I could get burned. I didn’t need to touch the stove to know the wisdom of her warning. Why can’t people see the hot stove in drugs? You shouldn’t need to be hit over the head with a two by four to know that drugs are extremely bad for you and you should NEVER get involved with them. RIP Amy. May God watch over you and your family.

kevin McCluskey @ 07/23/2011 at 6:13 pm

At the age of 27, just like:

Jimi
Janis
Keitth
Jim

Too weird!

People not only on this sight, but on other sites and on YT are sick, sad and pathetic people to be happy some one is dead. She was a person with feelings and emotions, she was a person who had family, friends, and fans who loved and cared for her and were rooting for her during all the hard times. I was one of them and never did stop defending her. When people said they couldn’t wait till the b***ch was dead because it would make the world better, I felt for her and defended her.

Addiction is a disease as much as people want to deny it and it can happen to anyone close to you or you. I know this and the pain her family must have felt because I’m dealing with it with a family member. My cousin is addicted to drugs with one of them being sherm. I pray for her and pray she finds her way because I would hate to hear something such as death Amd feel the pain in which Amy has felt.

Rest in Peace Amy and I hope you find happiness wherever you are and I will pray for her family, her goddaughter, and close friends who lost a person close to them due to drugs. I will also pray for the people with the rude comments on her so that they will never experience a family member with a drug problem or a death due to drugs.

she deserved a better end…

27….Damn! I’m not really surprise though. She try to make a come back, but she just didn’t have it anymore, because of the heavy usage of drugs.

R.I.P Amy.

Great voice but look like a man in drag !

Very sad but no surprise. I hope she finds the peace that never came to her in this life.

they tried to make me go to rehab and i said NO NO NO

She was so talented! this is sad :C but it wasn`t surprise :/

Charles Bronson @ 07/23/2011 at 8:01 pm

Lisa you sound like She stinks.You probably are.Go talk aboutJlo. This Lady is dead.

Hayley Harper @ 07/23/2011 at 8:34 pm

Such a sad waste of enormous talent & beauty. Rip Amy xxxx

sowhat284 @ 07/23/2011 at 8:41 pm

And this is bad news because?

So tell me something new @ 07/23/2011 at 9:08 pm

AND THE DEATH WINNER IS………AMY WINEHOUSE!!!

Not surprised.
Between Amy Winshouse,Britney Spears, Lyndsay Lohan, it was at one time a 3-way race.
Britney will be ok as long as she stays on her meds and her father has conservatorship over her.
I think Lyndsay is coming up next.She is barely hanging on.
She is still a drug addict, alcoholic.

Well,Amy had it all with a strong talent, something a lil different than what is out there now. She could have had it all.

Take note to others, DRUGS=dancing with the devil.You might win one day and you migbht not win one day.
ALSO, drugs/alcoholism IS NOT an illness or a disease.
A disease,illness is something that befalls you like a 6yr. having Luekemia. Saying it is a disease or illness is just something people say today to make themselves feel better. Same goes for overeating, sex.shopping,lying, etc. CHOICES, not diseases.

Drugs/alcohol is CHOICE. It is addicitve. Some people can handle alcoholand some can’t. No one can handle drugs.

While she had some talent and could have gone somewhere and grew ,changed, AMY WINEHOUSE did not change the music scene or do anything significant like that.
Sorry folks.

So tell me something new @ 07/23/2011 at 9:13 pm

@kevin McCluskey:
No, not weird.
It is called Drugs =Dancing with Devil.Some peoplewinand some don’t.
keith Richards won, but he had many,many cost.
it was a free ride and it a few decades.
the list of folks you did not win.
It is ok,really,in that most people don’t win against drugs, and if they can’t handle alcohol, then that too.

Sad thing is ,if you have somebody with this addiction, put them away. Tuff love. No communication with you. get them to a rehab or mental hosptial.
If not, well, go see them eventually at their grave.

I don’t really want to be mean but I can’t say I’m shocked… she did refuse to go to rehab. Anyway, a sad loss RIP

RIP
… maybe she is more be happier up there

So tell me something new @ 07/23/2011 at 10:08 pm

AND her dasd ,formerLondon cab driver, no trying to be aspiring jazz singer , was in NEW YORK CITY!!!!
Umm, his dughter was an entertainer,when she was sober enough to perform, and he, like Lohans’ parents, ws trying his hand at shobiz.

Umm,he should have put Amy in a car one day, or given her a knock out pill and sent her off to the crazy hopsital and rehab for ohh,a year or two.

Rehabisnot like Lohan and Sheens three day thing.

It is sad,not get me wrong, that Winehouse had a young age, some talent that could have been developed, but it is not surprising.
It was a matter of time.

amy i love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu …. don´t forget you T_T

offtheproperty @ 07/23/2011 at 10:20 pm

There will not be another one of her.

They all die and 27.

Lindsay Lohan , you’re next :)

a curse of club 27 @ 07/24/2011 at 1:20 am

@kevin McCluskey: whos keith?
you mean Heath!he was 28 he died from the crow curse just like brandon lee

It’s very sad new. I never be Amy fan, but I know than she has unique and amazing voice. Then I heard this shocking new I can’t believe, but now I believe, then Amy Die. It’s Very Very SAD…:(

You will be missed<3 You were so talented. Rest in peace.

Wow that’s so shocking

so sad rest in peace

so sad rest in peace

Rest in heaven angel, now you can finally rest in peace Amy, you will be greatly missed :-)

You’ll be missed Amy. You were such a great talent with a unique amazing voice. My favorite Amy performance ever: ‪Amy Winehouse ‘Valerie’ Live‬ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSKVv6YO8g RIP Amy, your fans, friends, and family will always remember you.

also at 27…whats up with that age, all the great die at that age….

LOL FOREVER that everyone couldnt STAND her on friday and now its all “OMGZ SO MUCH TALENT WASTED!!” she was a washed-up, no-good, no talent druggie, and deserves what she got.

only thing i dislike about this is people talking about the 27 club but NEWSFLASH!!!! YOU ACTUALLY GOTTA HAVE TALENT TO BE IN THAT.

I truly pictured her with a bright future. I’d thought she’d overcome her drug addiction and release a new album. I am really heartbroken.

you will be saddly miss but not forgotten R.I.P to Amy Winehouse

Letisha Malcolm UK @ 07/24/2011 at 7:09 am

R.i.P to Amy Winehouse

***********, you pit of **** druggie

Man, I feel SO bad for her Dad – they were very close and I can’t imagine how hard this will be for him. You can tell Amy’s parents really loved and accepted her and did everything they could to save Amy – but in the end a person has to want to get better and I get the feeling that in the end Amy just lost the will to live. People say that Britney might not have made it if not for her dad, but in reality Britney must deep down have really wanted to change herself.

Amy, Amy, rest in peace girl :( Gone too soon & too young, you still could have brought world so much with your talent! So so sad :( But maybe inevitable. Hope things are brighter for you now. RIP

They told to “Scandalous Magazine” the reazon of the death: http://www.meadd.com/blakebr >> Read more.

Waste of Space @ 07/24/2011 at 11:45 am

Isn’t CHELSEA HANDLER dead yet???????????????

@Alena: honestly I pretty much ignored all news about her because it was sad watching her perform when she was obviously under the influence. Her enablers shouldn’t have let that happen.

allah rahmet eylesin ..

Amy succumbed to her “demons” – addiction of drugs & alcohol.
At least her talent was recognized worldwide (5 Grammies).
She’s better off now whereever it is. RIP

Beautiful piece on Amy Winehouse by Russell Brand who was a friend of Amy’s and a fellow addict. It takes a while to load but it is worth it.

Baby Girl is gone........ @ 07/25/2011 at 12:06 am

I wish for Amy peace and love in the afterlife. Despite all the naysayers she brought joy through her singing. She will be gratly missed and she was a monster talent.

Sleep well little flower……. Peace be with you. YOU ARE LOVED!!!!

One could almost argue, the real art that this young woman had created wasn’t necessarily the music she had created, but the strange and obscene performance art piece she called her daily life. One can only wonder what type of morbid fascination the public had watching this woman again and again sink into self oblivion. But that perhaps was part of the appeal and expectation that one has of their stars. The idea that it can ultimately lead to a kind of capricious public death, or martyrdom hardly registers until we see the dead woman’s casket being hauled down the street and the world suddenly turns around and grieves violently as the final curtains of this woman’s life, performance comes to a close.

A very bitter close indeed…

Joaauin floees @ 07/26/2011 at 4:14 pm

We will miss you . Dallas tx

Meeghan Brundage @ 08/17/2011 at 8:42 am

The first time i herrad about Amy was only 5 traes ago when a Friend had relates My Lyrics And “writing style” to Ms. Winehouse. Had no clue who se was but when I finally found her on the internent I was flattered!!! Amy I love you!!! You have never let me down as far as giving me hope to believe in Love • Heartach • &Hope!! Please guide me. I feel the need to connect to your Fans and continue on your Beautiful Intentions and Loving Ways..