Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Amy Winehouse has been found dead in her London apartment, according to multiple reports.

The Grammy-winning British singer, who battled substance abuse throughout the years and most recently checked into rehab in May, was found Saturday (July 23) in her flat, according to Sky News. She was 27.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed to the BBC that “a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.”

U.K.’s Daily Mail reports that Amy had been seen with her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, earlier in the week as the teen performed during the iTunes festival.

Monte and Avery Lipman, President and CEO, Co-President of Universal Republic Records, respectively, said this in a statement to JustJared.com: “We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer. Our prayers go out to Amy‘s family, friends and fans at this difficult time.”

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » Show All
Mrs. Toth is a JOKE!!! @ 07/23/2011 at 3:05 pm

Deep demons she couldnt over come! Rest in Peace Amy!!!!

Sadness :( Addiction is horrible and devastating in so many ways. She will be very missed.

Has it been confirmed she died of a drug overdose? Or something related to drug abuse? I suppose it would have to be, 27 is too young to die of natural causes.

Rest in peace Amy.

lafamepoma @ 07/23/2011 at 3:14 pm

She had to go to rehab

lafamepoma @ 07/23/2011 at 3:23 pm

I regret so much to not like her before, I will listen her music remembering her.

I Am SHOCKED no one coudd have foreseen her death Its traggic and incomprehensible those that keep saying i am not shocked are th ignorant fools who are able to calmly pass judgment on other when they are not involved when they dont know what to fear and the struggle to stop drugs I am Trully devasted she as my favourite singer

What a waste of talent.

Jacob and Pete @ 07/23/2011 at 3:53 pm

OMG No!!! Thats horrible!!! I´m Crying so much right now.

AMY.. AMY… GOOD BYE! :( :(

F*ck, no! This cannot be true.

Loved her voice. I’m f*cking crying here. Why do all the geniuses die? Why are they so self destructive?

Bless her family, fans, and friends that will miss this Lil young lady, who shared her beauty and talent of music with us. It’s truly heartbreaking to see a young life taken so early. We the people of this world, must take action on substance abuse and other habits that take over a troubled soul with so much future ahead. Peace and Love to Amy*

That truly sucks. She was a great singer, and one of the few artists left who make true MUSIC.
I wasn’t a fan of soul and everything, she was the only artist that made me like it. She was great, too bad drugs and other sh*t like that will be the first thing we’ll remind of when we’ll talk about her.

R.I.P.

OMG! THIS IS SO SAD

It was expected, really.
So it goes.
R.I.P.

Much Love Amy. R.I.P Babe. So very sad. Peace Love Empathy. ***

Great singer, great soul, rest in peace Amy.

i am not surprised but i will respect her forever she was so talented and this advice for anyone who will use drugs :( to remember Amy and the others

She was such a great talent real not sophisticated or fake…she didn’t faked who she was..too bad this was waste just like that, so young may she rest in peace.

nooo oooooo wayyyyyyyy

I remember an interview of her where she was scared of death, whene someone asked her, i remember it was at the time ofHeath ledger death and she said she doesn’t want to die like this…im so sad now about her because she tries to help herself out, this f-cking addiction is really terrible and uncontrolled something that you can’t control

sowhat4555 @ 07/23/2011 at 4:55 pm

I’m glad to finally see some good news about her.

Not surprised at all @ 07/23/2011 at 5:01 pm

Addictions kill. Whether it’s food, alcohol, drugs,cigarettes. But no one ever listens and thinks “that can’t happen to me.” The morgue is full of dead people who thought like that.

@Lisa: #12
Lisa @ 07/23/2011 at 1:02 pm

Crap singer who was overblown in the media & went nowhere after her first album.
She lived a drug & alcohol filled life & why be shocked to hear this, knew it was coming, she has ALL THE HELP in the world but chose to ignore the pleas from family & friends, well look where it got her.
***********************************************************
Thanks for the truth.

“cause of death unexplained”

HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT, WE ALL KNOW WHY…

death doesn’t know any one..it comes suddenly to steal people who we love..

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » Show All