Alexander Skarsgard: It Gets Better!

Alexander Skarsgard: It Gets Better!

Alexander Skarsgard is the latest celeb lending his support to the It Gets Better project.

“I believe it gets better when parents start to lead by example,” the 34-year-old True Blood star said in a new video.

“We have to teach our children that, not only through our words but also through our actions, that every single human being has equal value,” he added. “And to bully someone or for society to discriminate against someone because they have a different sexual orientation, it’s unacceptable.”

“I don’t have any children yet but the day I do, I will make sure that before they walk, before they can even crawl, know how important that is and I hope you do the same,” he said before reiterating, “It gets better.”

Alexander Skarsgard – It Gets Better

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Ah, “The Vampire Viking” of True Blood.

Oh yea, you blue eyed beauty? Then why don’t you come make it better, hop in my bed and make me a happier man?!

But seriously. This is great.

danielik25 @ 07/26/2011 at 2:35 am

It´s so good and Alex is beautiful here.

Mmmm, good looking on the outside AND the inside.

Makes me admire him that much more. Not just another pretty face but a good, caring heart.

He is such a wonderful guy. So full of love and thoughtfulness.

how is he going to do that before they can crawl? what a load of drivel

About Face @ 07/26/2011 at 3:36 am

THE PR MAKEOVER SHOW

I think I’m in love.

perfection!!

Seriously @ 07/26/2011 at 5:05 am

@please I think he was just saying that he wants to instill values in them at a very young age. Gosh don’t be so harsh.

“I have no children..yet” haha I can help him in that matter for sure!

how does he know it gets better or not when hes not gay

Everything that Skarsgard says is right, but he is in Hollywood bussiness, where “perfection” and “superiority” is a way of life through “image – making”. Where is equality’s place there?
When you want to pass a value to other people you have to be a living example of it. The last place I would look for values would be Hollywood.

@Lakas:

Exactly me point.
Gay vs straight, fat vs thin, ugly vs handsome.
It will never get any better, and Hollywood and media made sure of it.

Bring in the clowns…

@Lakas: I am straight but because of my living situation have been accused of being lesbian for years. People have assumed because I share my home with another woman we are sexual partners and not just lifelong friends. I was investigated by an overly zealous religous supervisor and hasseled until I gave up the best job I ever had. At another job was actually ask by other workers NOT to attend family company functions so they would not feel uncomfortable bringing their kids. So do not tell me someone who is not gay cannot understand!

And yes I can pledge it does get better. I brought my daughter up to accept others for who they are. The only exception is if they try to harm her or anyone else. And my daughter was a friend to many types of kids in school. And she had no problem at 14 asking me to talk one afternoon and telling me she thought she was bi-sexual. Now at 20 she counsels girls at the university she attends about coming out and has actually helped quite a few. So yes by setting and living an example for our children IT DOES GET BETTER.

That also means setting an example in all things.

@melina: Before you spread negative vibes about the project please, please read up on it. It is not just about sexual orientation. It is about teaching tolerance of difference and living an example of your teachings. If you dont have kids then teach your nieces and nephews, your godchildren, or your younger siblings. We cant change peoples minds today but with enough of us teaching and practicing It Does Get Better.

Cafélady @ 07/26/2011 at 9:01 am

True words…and an important message.
He is right, I believe too that it is important HOW a child will be raised up. And that this is the deciding factor for -may be- the whole following life of his/her. Parents are and must be the first model/example for a young human, and yes, long before they can walk or talk. But in that sense, that the parents show respect for the very own personality of their child and the rights of the child as early as possible, and not use them for anything in any sort of way what the parents need for themself. And not only to show how one should behave to other people, that’s important too, of course. But only this isn’t enough.
A child which has experienced this true love with respect for his/her true personality and for his/her whole person, will never have the wish to bully anyone for anything in the future. This is it what I really believe.
I believe the best way to teach children to have respect for other people and their rights, is to respect -as parents- the child and his/her personality rights too. And -of course- to be a example for the child with the own actions and words in general.

Thanks Alex, like I said your words are so what of true!

@About Face:
why does he need a makeover?

Um, the project is called It Gets Better. Jesus, people will rag on him for anything. He’s SUPPOSED to use that tag line, everyone who filmed a PSA for this did. Good grief. Some people will bust on him no matter what.

On another note. Check out this video of Alex and Keith leaving a party with a couple hotties. Yeah, he’s so totally single now.

JennyCraig @ 07/26/2011 at 11:03 am

Ofcourse he doesn’t have any children lol He’s gay as DAY..that’s why he made this video! It gets better Alex…after you get some **** in your mouth right? Seeexuuuaallll Oriiientation lol He would know!

@Camille: Who is Keith? Looks to me like they are going to a party not leaving one. Yeah and I agree, he’s definitely single. Thank god!

a 35 d*uchebag @ 07/26/2011 at 11:27 am

he will never have children if he continues in this way! a serious girl never want marry or have a relationship with a d*uchebag like that…from party to party…from ******* to *******! GROWN UP ALEX!

@JennyCraig:
You do realize that a lot of the TB cast made the same PSA right? It has nothing to do with being gay. Kristen Bauer made one as well.

@gina:
The video stated they were leaving a party but who knows. Keith is the black guy, he’s one of Alex’s good friends. He and Bjorne were both with Alex in San Diego.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All