Ben Affleck's New Do Explained

Ben Affleck's New Do Explained

The Internet is buzzing about Ben Affleck‘s new do that he sported over the weekend.

“I like the hair and I think he’s HOT!!” writes one JJ reader of the 38-year-old actor’s straight, long locks.

Ben looks a little bit strange with that haircut,” writes another JJ reader. “I think it would have suited him better 15-20 years ago.”

Sources tell JustJared.com that Ben‘s new hairdo is for his forthcoming movie Argo. He’ll soon be going abroad to direct, produce, and act in the film. (Ben directed and acted in the Oscar-nominated movie The Town.)

Argo, which co-stars Breaking Bad badass Bryan Cranston, John Goodman, Alan Arkin, and Michael Cassidy, is about the CIA teaming up with Hollywood filmmakers to free hostages in Iran.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Ben Affleck’s new do? Are you excited to see Argo?

Credit: Toby Canham; Photos: GSI Media, Getty
Posted to: Ben Affleck, Exclusive

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

How did he get his hair cut longer?

That’s a rug if I’ve ever seen one.

sweety pie @ 07/26/2011 at 9:36 am

that’s so cool having your comment in an article jared u should have used people’s screen names e.g a jj reader named sweety pie said ….

he could be bald, and still attractive!

Hairpiece, moron!

I knew it was for a movie Ben looks much better with shorter hair.

Read the synopsis for Argo and it sounds like it’ll be a good movie, however that “hairstyle” is DISTRACTING. If Affleck wants people to focus on the film/it’s merits then he should go with a look that’s not so peculiar. He’ll regret it once the movie comes out and all people can talk about is his hair.

Curious George @ 07/26/2011 at 9:52 am

ARE WE SERIOUS HERE. DID WE REALLY NEED A THREAD TO EXPLAIN Ben A. Hair..

I have see it all. this is beyond stupid.

wonder if his family will go abroad with him..

Just a word “AWFUL”

It makes him look 10 years older. cut it ben!

He looks like Emo Dad from Memebase.

Traded one wig for another?

laverdadduele @ 07/26/2011 at 12:00 pm

He couldn’t look stupider if the tried.

Oh great, another terrorist movie this time with Ben Affleck – now it’s definite that Hollywood has run out of ideas.

Uhh, ohh Jared has taken my comment about the hairdo looking strange, lol. But I stand by it even if it is for a movie. It would have looked better on him 10 years ago.

He’s hot and lovely…
since I saw this hair style I love it!

glad there is an explanation to this thing and that it’s not a personal choice of his. Looking fwd to this movie wrapping up haha

irene olson @ 07/26/2011 at 4:29 pm

The movie sounds exciting; better than the stupid chick flicks that are out. And his hair, as long as he does not shave his head, anything is good. Men who shave their heads look totally stupid. Naturally bald is nice.

Kyboe USA @ 07/26/2011 at 4:47 pm

Ha! Takes us back in time.

He’s a great actor with alotttt of talents.A very nice guy,I’m happy for him
way to go Ben.

It was clearly for a role…he doesn’t do much with his hair. I prefer his natural hair, in the picture on the left. Anyway, the little information given here on the plot of the movie does make me want to see it.

Dartwoman @ 07/26/2011 at 9:00 pm

Does it really matter, he wears a rug anyway?

he looks like billy ray cyrus!

It’s good to hear that this do is for his role in “Argo”. Personally, my fave look of Ben was in Venice premiering his film, “The Town”. He looked absolutely divine and I have been his fan since the “Gigli” premiere which was almost 8 years ago tomorrow. He took my breath away:)

Wish him all the best with his upcoming project and safe travels to the Congo!! Go get it, Ben!!!