George Clooney & Ryan Gosling: 'Ides of March' Poster!

George Clooney & Ryan Gosling: 'Ides of March' Poster!

Check out Ryan Gosling and George Clooney in this poster for their upcoming movie, The Ides of March!

The drama centers around “an idealistic staffer for a newbie presidential candidate [who] gets a crash course on dirty politics during his stint on the campaign trail.”

George recently revealed that he initially had planned to begin production on the film back in 2007.

“I remember sitting in a restaurant with [co-writer] Grant [Heslov] when Obama won and we both realized we couldn’t make this movie right now. Everyone was so hopefully and happy. Now, the cynicism has come back around, so it’s time,” the 50-year-old actor told USA Today.

“The major issues are some of the major issues we face every day, including questions of morality,” he added. “We’re not trying to be polarizing.”

Bigger pic inside

ryan gosling george clooney ides march poster

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

it is sounds very good…..i can not wait
btw ryan rocks :-)

I could care less about the film but the poster is awesome.

the cover poster looks good. I used to think Ryan Gosling was a stupid boy toy until I saw ‘Half Nelson’ He is a brilliant actor and I think doing a movie with Clooney will heighten his popularity.
I have high hopes for this movie.

@Creed: its the opposite for me. i used to love the guy but his personality in interviews is a bit..i dont know how to explain it. but i still enjoy his acting.

LEONARDO DICAPRIO FAN @ 07/27/2011 at 3:15 am

They both rockI think Ryan Gosling does make good movies worth seeing, and is not just another meaningless eye-candy.
And, by the way George Clloney is a really smart guy, who makes intelligent movies. I might not like him private but as an actor he is great.

I love Ryan Gosling — he is a phenomenal actor and a very sexy man. George Clooney is obviously very talented as well, and he’s a aging better than anyone in the world.

LEONARDO DICAPRIO FAN @ 07/27/2011 at 3:36 am

@lila:
Just curious- what do you mena about his personality in interviews? You feel the vibe he is pretending to be cooler than he actually is (like he plays the”nerd”,the nice weirdo, but he is an a “” h o le with big self esteem in real life?)
I am curious because sometimes I get this feeling too (like he is pretending to be something he is not). Nevertheless, he is a smart actor and does make incredible movies, so I guess the rest doesn’t really matter – I mean I can enjoy his movies and charakter isn’t really my business… but I was just curious to hear what others think.

I’ll see anything with Ryan Gosling!

I smell Oscars!

Barbie Kate @ 07/27/2011 at 4:25 am

Everyone loves him but his movies are not hits

Is this some movie about a guy born in Ireland who wants to be president of the USA, so he has a fake birth certificate made? Like the one at:

And then some right wing nut tries to take a shot at him?

Wow that is a coool poster

WOW Poster! :) Intelligent, neat, awesome! :) OK… so the list is long :)))))

I like george’s eyes more than Ryan’s

i also love the poster!

George Clooney says it all @ 07/27/2011 at 7:18 am

Grant Heslov is his business partner o.k! Smokehouse is the name of his production company since 2004!

George has several movies coming out from his production company.
And one with Sandra Bullock.No his not a lousy actor, he is a triple
Oscar winner!

Love love love the poster. And Ryan. And George. I’m really looking forward to seeing this. Ryan Gosling keeps getting better and better and George is …well…George.

cool poster!

really well done.
george looks better than ryan on the poster,but in real life ryan looks better imo.
but both are cool guys
hope this is a good movie,haven´t seen a good movie in a looong time.

The above movie poster is about how a forgery creates optical illusions. Hence the artwork’s layers theme. George Clooney is no naive dummy.

Stray Cat @ 07/27/2011 at 7:55 am

I’m drawn to the half on the right. Clooney’s face just oozes manly sex appeal. Age difference isn’t even an issue.
Broader face, deeper eyes, prominent chin.
Definitely prefer Clooney.
Ryan is cute in a preppy way.

Graphic Artist @ 07/27/2011 at 7:57 am

It’s such a clever poster.
Very eye catching.
Kudos to the designer.
Makes you stop and compare… and think… and wonder what the film is about.

The two eye colors are a mixed race Obama reference. The word play line ‘This Fall’ is about the fall of no.44. Google the historic phrase ‘Ides of March’.

Hmmmm LOL @ 07/27/2011 at 8:12 am

George plays the same character in every single film. Take any character he has played and switch the movie and you get the same.

He has fooled a lot of people. the man has no range whatsoever. He chooses these kinds of films to hid behind that fact.

There is nothing to wonder about. The write up tells you it all. We know that Ryan is the Idealist. George’s character will have him questioning his morals. In the end Ryan walks away to keep his integrity. Just another play on the first Wall Street or something else.

interesting poster – i like!

That’s a cool poster!