Jordin Sparks Covers Demi Lovato's 'Skyscraper'

Jordin Sparks Covers Demi Lovato's 'Skyscraper'

Jordin Sparks performs on stage at the Energizer/VH1 Save The Music Event held in the middle of New York City’s Times Square on Thursday (July 28).

The 21-year-old singer recently sang a beautiful cover of Demi Lovato‘s new song “Skyscraper” in her hotel room.

“I am sitting here just thinking that I haven’t done a song in a long time, so I figured that this would be a good one. Demi Lovato put out a song called “Skyscraper”… and it’s amazing. Demi did an amazing job with it. And I’d like to put my spin on it for you guys,” Jordin said.

FYI: Jordin is wearing a Rebecca Taylor dress.

Jordin Sparks Covers Demi Lovato’s “Skyscraper”

10+ pictures inside of Jordin Sparks performing in Times Square…

jordin sparks covers demi lovatos skyscraper 01

• Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Rafa Lover @ 07/28/2011 at 4:05 pm

she killed it!!! lovee jordin

it is hurt becuze shes crying in the video :(

que lindo , adoreei voce e a demi lovato são minhas diva *–*

Why would you cover a Demi Lovato song? Stupid bint.

1st, skyscraper has super cheesey lyrics. it’s not really that good of a saong, imo.
2nd, she cant get hits of her own so she constantly has to cover other people’s shizz. seriously, she did covers when i saw her open for NKOTBSB too.

LOVE her cover. And I wish I knew she was in Times, I totally would’ve gone to see her! She’s fantastic and extremely talented.

WOW, WALK OFF A CLIFF @ 07/28/2011 at 5:32 pm

I fuc*ing HATE her fat as*.

jordinfan1 @ 07/28/2011 at 5:41 pm

@kelsey:

ummmm she actually had the song before demi and gave it to demi to record bc it “spoke to her” it so back off

I MET HER THERE TODAY!!!!! :D

She’s a good girl.

She’s a good girl.

I’m glad she gave it to Demi. Jordin is great but Demi had the best voice for this. It’s crackly and tender and powerful where it should be and high at the end and you know she relates to it personally. Love Jordin but I’m glad Demi recorded it.

Oh Really? @ 07/28/2011 at 6:56 pm

Jordin can sing that self-cutting, drug addict Demi under the table any day of the week.

@Oh Really?: dont forget she is also violent.

@Oh Really?: and has an ED.

Nice girls like Jordin never make it as big in the music industry as the girls who prance around half naked on stage. Jordin has one of the best voices of all the singers in her age group but stupid people make fun of her because she believes in abstinence of sex until married. She has a right to believe that if she wants.

@callie: she has erectile dysfunction? -.-

@nkenk: well. she does look manish sometimes.

wow, this is really good.

Effin Love JordinSparks @ 07/29/2011 at 2:37 am

why dose ppl have to be so negitave ? wtf did jordin ever do ? show some respect stop putting her down please

It was so effortless for her. Even Demi (who sounds awesome singing it), sounds like she’s struggling with some of the notes. Jordin bring out an album!!

Wow…I love her version. I think she sounds better in fact:-)

she is the most annoying person ever
and i hate her version

justsayinsodonttake @ 08/03/2011 at 4:24 am

1. Jordin DIDN’T give anyone the song – It was and is not her song to give. Did you really think that Jordin actually gave a song to Demi? Please, let’s not be so naive ppl!!! Producers, suits and wallets dictate who gets to “sing” and preform the song – not a “Jordin”.

2. I think, possibly Jordin wanted to do the song, she ends up singing back-up vocals, thanks Demi for keeping her bac-up vocals on the track. – Okay, read the last line from #1. Demi did not decide whether or not Jordin’s back-up vocals got to remain on the track – it was producers, suits and wallets.

3. My opinion – Jordin is stealing a little bit of thunder – raining on someone else’s parade. A bit narcissistic if you ask me. If she really respected Demi’s song, she would’should have just offered up a congrats. But instead – says, Demi did a great job, tweeted – thanks demi for keeping my back-up vocals, then covers the song from her hotel room and posts it on youtube. – oh me me me, I sang back up and now here’s me singing MY version, MY spin, MY song.

I’m embarrassed for Jordin.

Before all you Jordin fans start bashing and breakin on this post – Here’s a question:

Do you see Selena Gomez covering this song? Do you think she would something like this? Do you think it may be strange if Katy Perry covered a Avril song from her hotel rm then posted it on youtube?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All