Tom Hardy: On Set As Bane for 'The Dark Knight Rises!'

Tom Hardy: On Set As Bane for 'The Dark Knight Rises!'

Tom Hardy takes a break while on the set for The Dark Knight Rises in full costume on Saturday (July 30) in Pittsburgh, Penn.

The 33-year-old British actor, who plays the villainous Bane, stood on top of a car while waiting for other vehicles to arrive on the scene.

Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises, which also stars Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, is set to be released in July 2012.

In a recent interview at Comic-Con 2011, Tom said he was not allowed to talk about the film, but finally admitted that “The Dark Knight Rises looks like it’s going to be an awesome, awesome movie…I saw the trailer myself and I am very excited, too.”

In case you missed it, check out the recently released teaser trailer!

tom hardy batman bane 01
tom hardy batman bane 02
tom hardy batman bane 03
tom hardy batman bane 04
tom hardy batman bane 05

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

cool can’t wait for the movie

Ewww …
Since he became fat, I didn’t like him anymore :/

Though, he used to be the hottest man I’ve ever seen !

Satan's smile @ 07/30/2011 at 7:20 pm

Tom Hardy’s future guaranteed:

1. He rises to A list status.
2. He wins an Oscar.

Why?
1. Because he’s a real actor. He could have faded away into nerdom after his role as Shinzon in Star Trek (Captain Picard’s clone). However, instead he went out of his way to play different characters who talk and have different mannerism. That takes dedication and is a life style to become an actor at that level.
2. He gains weight or puts on muscle for roles. To change your physical appearance requires strict dieting and working out. He has strong mental strength.
3. Not only that, he did it all for years which takes dedication.

There are VERY FEW actors at his level.

He deserves all the glory that is coming his way.

@Satan’s smile:
you are spot on.
This is a slap in the face though, to cover up that beautiful face with the bane mask.

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman……….LOL

Awesome!!!

Ugh, Tom Hardy sucks and Bane sucks. Couldn’t they have picked a less lame villain for this movie? And I’m so sick of all the Tom Hardy hype, all of his fans hype him to be some amazing actor when I saw Inception and he wasn’t AMAZIGN!!!!!!! at all.

Whatever, not like I really care about Nolan’s Batman movies anyways.

I love how my comment bashing Hardy gets booed, yet the comment bashing Hathaway gets approved.

Anne Hathaway is more of an actor than Tom Hardy ever will be. And at least she doesn’t look like she needs a day-long shower to look clean.

Anne Hathaway will never be even half the actor that Tom Hardy is. Count on it.

@oprah: He can act circles around nearly everyone whos apart of The Dark Knight Rises cast, including(especially) Anne Hathaway.

LOL, Oprah you clearly cannot distinguish a great actor from a mediocre one!

i can’t wait this movie because i want to know the end of the story (it’s s a real trilogy) and on the casting ,i always ‘s septical on Anne Hathaway as Selina but all i see looks great

MangerBouger @ 07/31/2011 at 4:06 am

some people are just dumb: NOOOOOO SPOILERS thank you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don’t understand the need to bash actors because you want to support your favorite actors . We all have different preferences.

I appreciate and respect the talents of both Tom Hardy & Anne Hathaway . Hardy gave an Oscar worthy performance in ” Bronson “, and he was the main highlight in ‘ Inception “. Hathaway deserved her Oscar nomination ” Rachel Getting Married ” , she was moving in ” Love And Other Drugs “, and she is easily the best female SNL host in years ( her impressions of Mary Poppins, Judy Garland, and Katie Holmes are brilliant .) .

P.S. Anne is already generating positive buzz for her Catwoman performance . She is reportedly kicking major butt with this role.

Hell Yeah……..The car is back.
This is gonna be the Best Movie of the year.

theres a difference between actor and actress

Mellifera @ 08/01/2011 at 7:31 am

I hope he brings back the hotness after this movie role. He’s too big and bald right now, lol.

I don’t know why people are comparing Hardy and Hathaway. They are two different types of actors.

That mouthpiece looks cool… i can’t picture anne hathaway as cat woman because cat woman is the sexy, vixen type be i guess i won’t judge until i see.

Pam Bailey @ 08/01/2011 at 9:20 pm

I agree with you all the way Satans Smile – as an actor, I think Tom Hardy can pull it off and I know that he will suprise people. Even tho he is only, what, 5’10″, he’s one actor that is able to create a character that will appear bigger than his physical size. I am sure that Nolan knows that, that’s why Tom got the part. Besides, it’s not all about size anyway, it’s about the portrayal. Personally, I think that it’s better that it’s realistic, rather than comic bookish, if you know what I mean.

dallas daniel hessler junior @ 08/02/2011 at 4:59 pm

BANE IS INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE

dallas daniel hessler junior @ 08/02/2011 at 4:59 pm

BANE IS INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE

Talent and Brains. And he’s so cute like karyk :)

I think he is a horrible pick for Bane. i mean where are the venom lines where are the muscles where is bane. this guy looks like a remake of hannibal. i think they could have picked some one way better for this role. there just getting lazy

Sleep ZVZ @ 07/04/2012 at 5:43 am

I can’t say I favor an anti-venom Bane, honestly it was my most favored part of the villain and in my opinion his trademark …Bane without venom is like Joker without green hair and purple suit… it just isn’t right

Now I’m not ripping on Tom Hardy by any means but he better act his butt off if he wants to save this fluked Bane role sense I doubt I’m the only old school comic fan out there a little bit pissed