Fantasia: I'm Pregnant!

Fantasia: I'm Pregnant!

Fantasia has announced that she is expecting a child!

The 27-year-old American Idol winner sang at a charity event over the weekend for the opening of the Riverview Apartments in Jacksonville, Florida, when she announced the news.

“You are the first persons that I share this news with,” Fantasia said. “And I share this with you because I can relate to you. And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you I don’t live my life for folk.”

“This child that I’m carrying, God has given me this child. And I don’t have to hide it from none of y’all,” she added.

Fantasia already has a 9-year-old daughter, Zion, who will celebrate her tenth birthday next week.

Pictured inside: Fantasia performing in London just weeks before her announcement.

Fantasia Announces Her Pregnancy

fantasia pregnant 01
fantasia pregnant 02
fantasia pregnant 03
fantasia pregnant 04
fantasia pregnant 05
fantasia pregnant 06
fantasia pregnant 07
fantasia pregnant 08

Jesse Grant/Getty

sourpatch575 @ 08/01/2011 at 12:53 am

First of all, who the daddy?
Second of all, I feel sorry for every kid that was ever been conceived by this monster!

Really? For real? You just couldn’t wait to add fuel to the fire. What did you gain from this? How will this info help to make you or Miss Barrino any better? You are so disrespectful. She shared something wonderful & you’re trying to taint it. She was releasing what she shouldn’t be ashamed of. You should do all you can to lift our black women up. Its not like we have a lot who are like Fantasia & Monica.

Be proactive not reactive!!
Protect the good role models. How many sins have you committed today?

So, would it be better to abort the child? I think not you comment is laughable. Do yourself a favor & me while your at it hush yo face and kick rocks with an opened toe shoe. Her child are really none your concern nor responsibility so chill out, man.

@sourpatch575:
It is probably by the married man she was messing with not too long ago…but then again, that’s none of my business so let me stop and not be too quick to judge her. As long as the child is healthy and taken care of, that’s all that matters.

WhatATool @ 08/01/2011 at 1:50 am

Poor Fantasia, not a smart thing to do again, I feel sorry for her because she doesn’t seem to bright.
“LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE”

loserbunny @ 08/01/2011 at 1:57 am

It seems like her life is so unstable. I think she wants to love someone unconditionally but children need someone who not only loves them but also are mature enough to raise them to be sensible citizens of this world.

Yes, children are a gift but it does take two people to create them AND two to raise them right.

I wish her and her family well, though.

Sourpatch took the words out of my mouth. Who is the father? That married guy she was sleeping with?

James Francos #1 fan! @ 08/01/2011 at 2:18 am

Ohhh, so she’s not going to abort this one? Big surprise.

Although I am NOT a fan of hers by any means, let her be.

Just look at how many women/men in show biz have kids out of wedlock all of the time. It has become almost the norm.

Sadly, however, too many young people have started to think it is cool.

What? I live in Jacksonville, Florida and never once heard of her coming here. Not that I would have attended, but not one word on any of out local channels &/or websites, I just took a look.

BLACKS IN LATIN AMERICA @ 08/01/2011 at 6:21 pm

DOMINICAN HOMEWRECKER!!

Jerri horton @ 08/02/2011 at 11:51 am

I’m so happy for u and u cnt worry bout wat d folks say,lol as u cn say.Bt u gotta live for u and nt nobody else,so congrats um happy for u may god b wit u and bless u every step of d way

shaneka curry @ 08/12/2011 at 9:00 am

Congrads on fantasia new gift of life. Every child is a blessing and no matter how much we wish some people would change and not judge us just look at the bright side your beauty, happy,already a wonderful proud parent, and a great artist so whatelse can u ask for hunny you are to blessed to be stressed..

shaneka curry @ 08/12/2011 at 9:01 am

Congrads on fantasia new gift of life. Every child is a blessing and no matter how much we wish some people would change and not judge us just look at the bright side your beautiful, happy,already a wonderful proud parent, and a great artist so whatelse can u ask for hunny you are to blessed to be stressed..

Hi fantasia have fun doing your pregnant love fantasia for audrey =) =)

@audrey: @audrey: @audrey: @audrey: @audrey: hey tasia do like the rest of them get pay girl friend i am not mad at you zion need a brother or a sister god bless you baby.he will be a great father. you just get out there in sang for me know matter what choice you make in life it is you and god.he do not make know mistake tasia i love you sherrie darcelle if it is a girl name her darcelle it mean love and be your self.

Leatrice Small @ 08/31/2011 at 2:58 am

Hi Fantasia, I’ve loved u since american idol n I just want to tell u that it doesn’t matter wat ppl think or say about u and ur situation its wat God thinks about u be proud of this blessing and don’t be afraid show the world how good God is because he is the gift of life. Be blessed and keep doin wat u doin.

I thnk u shuld name her jazel or gabriel (name he a exoicte name lik zion name) ima name my lil gurl dat love u though watchn ur mvie nw (zion is d plce wer the disciple go to pray)on d part wer u havng ur baby ight bye tasia

Fantasia, Please do not worry the world says, you can not control who you love even if it is wrong.

ALL BABIES THAT COME IN THE WORLD IS A BLESSING AND ESPECIALLY YOURS. LOVE THEM BABY NO MATTER WHAT. GOD WILL BLESS YOU THROUGH LIFE EVEN WITH THIS SITUATION , ALSO BE TRUE TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS. NEVER LET ANYONE BRING YOUR SPIRIT DOWN.

YOU ENJOY THE ADDITION TO THE FAMILY AND HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A GOOD NEW YEAR.