Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Lea Michele Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' September 2011

Lea Michele Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' September 2011

Lea Michele wears a satin jumpsuit by YSL as she graces the cover of Harper’s Bazaar‘s September issue, on newsstands Tuesday, August 16.

Here’s what the 24-year-old Glee actress had to share:

On her career: “I don’t stop. It’s my nature. People have to tell me to slow down. I plan on playing every role on Broadway….I want to do movies, make music. Glee is only the beginning.”

On her unconventional features: “How many managers told me, ‘Get a nose job. You’re not pretty enough’? But I proved them wrong. In 3-D, my nose is going to look fabulous (laughs).”

On rumors that she’s a diva: “People have to remember this is all new for us. We’re all reasonably young, except for Cory, who’s old [FYI: He's 29]. I’ve learned some lessons. But people are going to say what they want to say. I know who I am, and I’m not perfect.”

FYI: Lea also rocked a teal belted gown by Gucci during the shoot.

For more from Lea, visit HarpersBazaar.com!

lea michele harpers bazaar september 2011 01
lea michele harpers bazaar september 2011 02

John Parra/Getty

go leaa you are so beautiful!! wish you have a long great career

Weber from Brazil @ 08/03/2011 at 9:29 am

She looks lovely
I love the way she talks… seems very mature and down to earth!
Go Lea <3

She is gorgeous and as equally talented! Love that line about her nose in 3D, it’s great to see young talent who isn’t obsessed with plastic surgery nowadays.

she is beautiful, i loved the cover.
she is adorable and talented.

she’s in one show (that i dont watch), does that really warrant a cover and spread?
i barely know who she is.

She is talented but… “I plan on playing every role on Broadway” ? Not that she can’t but she definitely sounds a little bit conceited here.

i barely know who she is.

@jessa: “he’s in one show (that i dont watch), does that really warrant a cover and spread?
i barely know who she is.” i agree. +uh oh proud of big nose convo. that’s just asking for it. watch her run get a nose job tomorrow.

Translation: She’s a diva.

“We’re all reasonably young, except for Cory, who’s old”
Cory looks like he is 15.
And he’s the one who’s going to be laughign when she is 29 and looks 39.
She needs to shut her trap.

She is so adorable and beatiful. I loved the cover page.

I don’t think its conceited. I think its having goals, dreams and aspiration and setting your mind on achieving them.

We need more of that in this world. There are not enough people who believe in themselves to set goals and stop at nothing to achieve them.

@alli:

that turquoise outfit would look so amazing on someone worthy of it. like say a jennifer connelly.

Don´t ever do a nose job Lea. That would make you a regular gal. This way is your natural an balanced way. This is you in all your splendor. Your trademark. Very mature to think beyond the moment and to aspire big things in live, Not very conceited at all. Big dreams needs much work.

She might be “in one show” but….thiis show is the best plataform for her. She can act, she can sing, she´s touring, she and her cast had cd´s, a Movie, among others things. She has “new Year´s eve” coming soon and Doroty of Oz both trailer had aired.

“except Cory, who’s old” << 24 years old is kinda old too!! at least it’s not 18 or 20.. and that’s when most young people start acting..

And she isn’t as beautiful as she thinks.. maybe she should get a noise job. :O What an annoying person. NEXT!

Singers actually CAN’T get nose jobs without risking their voices.
So, her resistance to shave down that schnozzer is really based in practicality, rather than her coming to a place of maturity & inner peace with her nose.

@alli: being ambitious means you’re conceited. it’s not like she’s saying they’re just going to hand the mall to her. sit down and be quiet you child.

@Madhatter: That’s actually, absolutely not true anymore. There are plenty of ways to do so and plenty of singers who have had a nose job without is affecting their voices at all. So in fact, she could get a nose job and keep her beautiful voice, the fact that she chooses not to speaks highly of her I think.

@hannah: and you need to take an effing joke. They joke about that all the time with one another. If you don’t know sh*t, keep your moth shut.

Lea is amazing and really beautiful and I think her nose is a part of what makes her special.

Her people should have noticed that JLo wore the white dress better on VF and the blue dress recently too with a beautiful face to boot.

commonsense @ 08/03/2011 at 10:45 am

So that’s the name of the game? We’re just going to pretend that she didn’t admit to pulling some diva $hit? How dare she blame her diva behaviour on age, she’s 25 not 15.

commonsense @ 08/03/2011 at 10:48 am

So that’s the name of the game? We’re just going to pretend that she didn’t admit to pulling some diva $hit? How dare she blame her bad behaviour on age, she’s 25 not 15.

calm down people @ 08/03/2011 at 10:56 am

calm down people and stop bashing her for something you guys don’t know.
lea and cory have an internal joke that who is older, all the time they said they are like 60 or 70 and call each other old.

Lea Michele is a WINNER …by a nose

she looks gorgeous, i met her in new york (when i went to a brodway show with my friends) a lot of people kept calling her and taking pictures, she was polite and nice to everyone.
so first hand experience she is nice and really cute, so i don’t believe the rummors .

internet amazes me how people can be so cruel with someone they don’t know.
lea michele looks beautiful, loved the cover and she saying that cory is the old one is a joke they have on the glee cast.

Nasty Piece of Work @ 08/03/2011 at 11:19 am

I watched Lea Michele be handed a pen and a pad for an autograph, she took it, looked at the fan, then threw it on the ground saying ,
” Does it look like I’m busy?” the young girl retrieved her belongings off of the ground and looked stunned.

spreading lies @ 08/03/2011 at 11:36 am

@Nasty Piece of Work: spreading lies is not nice, but hey you are creative maybe you can help the glee writers on new arc plots.
she looks beautiful.

@Nasty Piece of Work: lol I’m guessing your joking and internet sarcasm is failing for some people.

But I actually did meet her a few months ago and she was really nice to me. So nice. But then as I was walking away I looked back just in time to see her pick up a little girl who asked for her autograph by her hair and fling her into a trash can.

I’m still traumatized.

just like crappy Hollywood
no original thoughts in my head
hee

Love her!! And she is SO right and honest!! We can’t expect that all celebrities are great personas and all smiles and loving ones… that’s stupid. We all have some moments… good ones and bad ones Why they have to be perfect??? Gosh

@amber:
Is funny how you answer to yourself with a diferent name… jessa??? amber?? you are that PATETIC!!!

Lea – please don’t ever get your nose shaved down to a tiny snub like the rest of Hollywood – you are just gorgeous as is!

A round about way of saying that she is, in fact, a diva..

actually singers do run a small risk of ruining their voices by getting a nose job. I honestly think she doesn’t want a nose job. She had plenty of chances to get one and she didn’t. I think she’s comfortable with it which is why she made the joke about it being in 3-d.

Also I think people blow the diva thing out a proportion. Just because she says she wants to play every role on Broadway doesn’t mean she actually plans to play every role on broadway. She’s just showing her ambition. And I commend her on “I know who I am and I’m not perfect”. Thats not showing she’s a diva. From what I gather divas seem to think they are perfect.

She’s original and different and she makes all work! I think Lea is a very sexy person. I just hope to not see anymore spread shots in men’s magazines. Makes her seem cheap – like practically every other actress.

Bish, you are 24 YEARS OLD, you’re not a teenager anymore. Time to humble down and act like an adult.

What’s so wrong about being a diva?