Coldplay Covers Amy Winehouse in Concert

Coldplay Covers Amy Winehouse in Concert

Coldplay pays tribute to Amy Winehouse during a concert on Wednesday (August 3) at the UCLA Tennis Center in Westwood, Calif.

The band played a bit of Amy‘s hit song, “Rehab,” before segueing into their own chart topper “Fix You”.

Wednesday’s concert, presented by Samsung AT&T Summer Krush, benefited the Grammy Foundation and its music education programs for high school students – you can learn more about their efforts at GrammyinTheSchools.com!

Celebs have been paying tribute to the late singer since her death on July 23. Amy was 27 when she passed away.

Also spotted at the concert: Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin‘s wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, hanging out backstage, Lindsay Lohan with younger sis Ali, Channing Tatum and wife Jenna Dewan, Aaron Paul, and Heidi Klum.

Coldplay Covers Amy Winehouse’s ‘Rehab’
coldplay covers amy winehouse 01
coldplay covers amy winehouse 02
coldplay covers amy winehouse 03
coldplay covers amy winehouse 04
coldplay covers amy winehouse 05

Jesse Grant/Getty

Mllllllef @ 08/04/2011 at 1:46 pm

She had many great songs, the choice is a little….how can I say that…innapropriate…weird….lame ?!

No mention of Kate Bosworthlessness. She was there too!

Who Cares @ 08/04/2011 at 2:12 pm

That is so gross. Way to jump on a gruesome popular trend. It’s not homage; it’s capitalization.

Sad choice of song considering how she died. Plus I couldn’t even recognize at first, Chris Martin’s voice to me only sounds good when playing Coldplay.

Madhatter @ 08/04/2011 at 2:13 pm

@Mllllllef:
I can see your point, but, as a closet Coldplay fan here’s the rationale:
Rehab is an instantly recognizable song of Amy Winehouse’s that shows her inner struggles, etc. and immense talent.
Playing it acknowledges and honors her memory.
Then they segued into their own song about wanting to Fix someone who is in agony and suffering.
I think it nicely depicts everyone’s regrets that we/they couldn’t help Amy and just Fix her- it is never that simple.
Life isn’t.

anonymous @ 08/04/2011 at 2:20 pm

Wonder if cheater Chris Martin blew a BIG HELLO kiss to his onetime paramour Kate Bosworth who was the audience. Wonder how that lawsuit he filed towards Star Mag is going…when Star broke the story of him of fooling around on Gwynneth with Kate he was all outrageous and screaming “Lawsuit!!! I’m filing a lawsuit!!”..he never did,…haha you can’t fight the truth. .

Mllllllef @ 08/04/2011 at 2:20 pm

@Madhatter:
I understand your point of view, but I won’t change mine…:)

Anyway, I love faaar better Kings of Leon, and most of all, my master Nick Cave.
When he dedicated the song “Into my arms” to his friend Michael Hutchence when this one died, he asks for the cameras televisions to be switched off.

But Nick Cave is soooooo more talented, sorry don’t want to insult them,I respect them, but it’s definitly not the same category, and the same kind of “hommage”.

Wonder if Gwynnie had to blow him to get tickets to the show too. Poor thing, he totally ignores her and yet she keeps hanging on. If GP wasn’t so smug I would feel sorry for her.

JJ forgot to mention (link) that Kate Bosworth was there as well!!!

@Mllllllef: exactly. should have done October song. love that one. Rehab is her worst song.

blondiecious @ 08/04/2011 at 3:02 pm

Amy is dead but he looks damn hot here!! lmfAo

SO OVERRATED @ 08/04/2011 at 3:29 pm

Blech. Wish he and his vomit-inducing wife would just go away. He is SO overrated. Blech

lafamepoma @ 08/04/2011 at 3:31 pm

That’s such a nice gift to her, remembering her songs ^^

Sheesh! They made a snooze of the song. Winehouse sung it in defiance with attitude. Their ‘tribute’ really was a cold play.

I need a thesaurus @ 08/04/2011 at 7:56 pm

He always sounds like a drowning…..Coldplay = mediocrity

I need a thesaurus @ 08/04/2011 at 7:56 pm

Pardon me. He always sounds like a drowning cat…..Coldplay = mediocrity