Taylor Lautner: The Next Leo DiCaprio & Mark Wahlberg?

Taylor Lautner: The Next Leo DiCaprio & Mark Wahlberg?

Taylor Lautner has some high profile fans – including Mark Wahlberg!

“I am sitting at a table with a gentleman who is better looking than you and is in better shape than me,” Mark told Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday (August 4) at the HFPA’s annual luncheon (via E! Online). “So, we’re both out of a job, dude. Taylor Lautner! We’re screwed.”

“It’s over, dude,” Mark added. “Titanic and Boogie Nights were a long time ago. I accept it. I had a good run and on to the next.”

DO YOU THINK Taylor Lautner will have a successful post-Twilight career?

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All

@Angela: “trying to start a thread to bring the kid down is not cool.” noo hoo hoo… maybe he should drive around with his 200,000$ car and feel better! Puh-lease! He’s completely untalented and uncharismatic, he just got lucky with that movie franchise&if these comments are harsh.. well, he can afford a shrink if he can afford such a car..

theleoanalyst @ 08/05/2011 at 1:54 am

Are you crazy? Leo ist the biggest actor of our generation and one of the biggest of all time when he retires. He has and will continue to have an exceptional career. He gets all the best movie scripts, the hottest girl at their prime, the most commitment free lifestyle, …oh by the way. Mark had his best performance as an actor in a movie with Leo….

He’d need some talent first.

Ha-ha-ha… Taylor can not act. His face is not capable to show any emotions. What career? Pattinson has huge fanbase but all of his movies failed. Taylor doesn’t have any fanbase. After Twilight will be finished he will just vanish

rocknmovies @ 08/05/2011 at 3:38 am

Help! It would be the death of cinema. I can’t stand his smug mug and over muscly body.

rocknmovies @ 08/05/2011 at 3:41 am

Robert Pattinson’s movies didn’t fail. Water for Elephants is the highest grossing drama of 2011. And Remember Me did reasonably well.

mark and leo can act, lautner can NOT

are you kidding?! … NEVER !!!!!!!!!!

More like the next big flop.

Lautner will be successful because American love to celebrate the mediocre. In fact, calling him mediocre is pushing it.

I also agree no one can do that movie over…people will see it..also no one can ever do over Cleopatra can never be Elizabeth Taylor nor Richard Burton..people will see it but wouldn’t be the same…

Umh, I think not. Well, a new sort of Mark Wahlberg, since he isn’t really a great actor and his early career was solely based on his body and looks but a new DiCaprio? No, I might not be a DiCaprio fan but even I admit that he is a good actor.

I can’t picture TL in movies like Gilbert Grape or Inception.

I’m so sure, today is not april fool’s day.

I don’t see it.

hahahahahahahha Yah in Taylor’s dreams will he ever be better then Leo or Mark.. taylors brain isnt quiet there and he looks like a porkupine!!!!!He needs a nose job as well..

alejandra @ 08/05/2011 at 4:30 pm

mmm no, he won´t

aquarius64 @ 08/05/2011 at 6:48 pm

@agronnie: agronnie, how have you been? Check my posting on the E! board with Ted’s ***** back. A major gossip site has finally challenged the TL/LC “romance”! Someone asked if TL was going to see her on SW set. Ted answered it’s odd that he hasn’t been on the set (but she lived on the Breaking Dawn set. Last part was not his answer. ) It seems Lily is the one that is pushing the relay publicity if she’s putting out her texts. She’s the one (or her PR team) that bragged on seeing TL on BD set. BTW how are you getting her texts? Is she putting them out on her Twitter acct or FB page? Geez, he needs to re-think this girl. Lily gives me the impression she won’t stick around if Lautner experiences a reversal of fortune. If God forbid he gets in trouble with the law she’ll drop him like a bad habit. But as you said, it’s his decision.

if we compare leo’s facewhen he was 20 yr old like taylor, leo is so so so beauty more! when i was looking at taylor before, i felt somehow he is look like mardk wah. when he was 20 yr old! and about acting ,as i know nobody can be leo or better than him in his generation or younger than him; it’s obvious when we are watching leo’s movies even when he was so young ! i don’t know why mark said that maybe he just wanted to encourage taylor as a young boy!

kiss it ………….u aalll………who sys no……..cuz hez jus so young………..nothin 2 compare……….long wy to go for taylorr……….luv uuu…..!!!

Hey Aquariusssssssssssssssssssss what? tell me more pleaseeee.

Some of you guys are so ridiculous. He was clearly joking and there’s nothing wrong with paying someone a compliment. Of all the weirdos in Twilight, Taylor seems like a really sweet kid. He may not be the best actor and I may not be a fan but at least he works hard and keeps out of trouble. I don’t get the hate.

@anon:
Perfect comment.
I don’t understand why people are so furious. I doubt when Leo blew up in Twilight that anyone was taking him seriously at all.

aquarius64 @ 08/07/2011 at 9:04 pm

@Iscia: Hey Iscla, long time no see. Check the E! board b______ back to see what I mean.

@aquarius64, Just fine thank you and read your posting on the E! board. As mentioned, LC’s hired one of the best agencies/publicists to keep her locations VERY quiet & her comments very benign, but her “fashion” photos and appearances are at the most current, prestigious events. Snow White is a big, serious role for her, with TL to help gain more media coverage. Interestingly, there was a publicist who quit working for TL right after BD’s move to Vancouver. Recently, TL participated at HFPA’s event in BevHills – LC’s neighborhood. He has a top agency grooming him and Summit/Temple Hill are co producers of Abduction = big $$. Watch and see what happens on the 21st in Australia when TL arrives for Abduction and who is with him. All TeenChoice Award names have common connections. No communication type is very secure – PPL talk. There have been & always will be ppl on the sets who “blog” or tweet. I wonder where he parks that Mercedes SLS AMG? anyone?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All