Katie Holmes: 'Suri is My Style Critic!'

Katie Holmes: 'Suri is My Style Critic!'

Katie Holmes takes a stroll with her daughter Suri on Saturday (August 6) in Los Angeles.

The 5-year-old cutie pushed one of her dolls in a baby carriage and carried a small purse. Late last month, Suri pushed another one of her dolls in a different carriage!

Katie recently told Marie Claire magazine that Suri is one of her fashion inspirations!

“My daughter has been choosing her own outfits since she was two. We go to fabric stores and sew together. Sometimes I take inspiration from Suri‘s fashion choices,” Katie said.

FYI: Katie is wearing J Brand “Love Story” bell bottom jeans in Essex.

15+ pictures inside of Katie Holmes out and about with her daughter…

katie holmes suri is my style critic 01
katie holmes suri is my style critic 11
katie holmes suri is my style critic 12
katie holmes suri is my style critic 13
katie holmes suri is my style critic 14
katie holmes suri is my style critic 15

suri’s beautiful!

“Fasion style”, “style critic”? SHE’S FIVE. At this rate she’s growing up to be a diva, well on her way to being the next Paris Hilton.

If Suri is her fashion critic than the little girl needs to see an optometrist.

pr person @ 08/06/2011 at 9:23 pm

Oh for effs sakes! Enough of the crappolla… “We sew together..” I take inspiration from Suri’s fashion”… and then this doozy… “Suri is magical when it comes to clothes.” HUH?!?! ***** Please!!! This has been hashed and rehashed and rehashed to death!!!! Really should instruct the minders to come up with something NEW and not so completely ridiculous to talk about!! It isn’t like the normal population even for a moment believes that this five year old child is the style maven/guru/talent that they keep on trying to shove down our throats.

Oh! And another ridiculous attempt at wearing a hat. What a moron!

Gag! She is five years old, and Katie is often criticized for her outfits… They are often obviously a child’s preference, not a fashion critiques.

Sometimes, I can’t quite tell whether she’s being serious. Either way, her style is terrible.

sounds like a made up article to me- taken from comments Katie has said about Suri over time and a few of their own.
cute pics!

Katie she needs more friends of her own age

Suri is gorgeous…love her style..picks out cute outfits..Katie looks great in her style also…beautiful family…

Jennica Panettiere @ 08/06/2011 at 9:54 pm

Look Suri isn’t being carried around. This proves that Katie carries Suri around when the paparazzi are too close, so you can stop your frigging whining about how Suri is this immature little spoilt brat. She’s a kid, leave her alone.

You forget she’s just a little kid until you see her with a dirty shirt and a baby doll and stroller.

At least being a famous kid and having famous parents hasn’t totally stripped away childhood for her.

Cute pretty little girl & mom =)

barf… this woman should just keep her mouth closed. she is an idiot. and all the distorted doting on this child will ultimately cripple her. i don’t want to hear any more of Katie Holmes’ thoughts.

She has Tom’s eyes.

Maybe if she stopped taking Suri’s magical fashion advice she would throw away that damn hat !!

Katie dancing on Leno @ 08/06/2011 at 10:21 pm

go to end of video:

her poor boobs

coupon lady @ 08/06/2011 at 10:44 pm

Magical? Artist? Suri? Please Katie, it is fine to be proud of your child, but you do realize with these stupid comments you have most of us rolling our eyes and choking on laughter!

Katie wins worst dressed for her red pants and gold crocheted get up on Leno hands down in E’s worst dressed for the week of 8/5.

Guess Suri better work on her “magic.”

Only 19 percent of the voters in the People fashion poll think she looks goods in those fake leather pants and horrendous gold top!

Suri needs to be fired and KH needs to hire someone who knows style and fashion. ‘Cause at 5 Suri is falling down on the job.

How’s Suri’s reading and math? Can she play a musical instrument? What happened to her dance classes? Can she talk? Is she finally use the potty?

Katie wants to be Suri @ 08/06/2011 at 10:57 pm

Katie lives vicariously through Suri. I think Katie should grow up and study acting seriously. Maybe then she’ll get nominated for a real award like Michelle and Nic. Let Suri be the child for a change.

Cheats her own kid @ 08/06/2011 at 11:01 pm

Since Suri is the actual mastermind behind Katie’s fashion success why isn’t it “Cruise, Holmes & Yang”?

@Jennica Panettiere @ 08/06/2011 at 11:04 pm

thanks for your believable last name. we wouldn’t want to get you mixed up with all of the other jennicas. good try annie.

What's wrong with her? @ 08/06/2011 at 11:07 pm

That stroller toy was made for a three year old!

I will finally admit that Suri is not looking too much like Tom.

She does look like she was dressed by a five year old. Her hat is from Gap Kids

crackerjack @ 08/06/2011 at 11:32 pm

Katie reminds me sort of the late Edith Bunker (All in the Family) as a dingbat. Edith was a sweet dingbat but geez…Katie is an real life annoying dingbat! Even Edith had more common sense…but, not this bimbo Katie Holmes!

Plus…saw her on the Jay Leno show and what an annoying phony person she is! Is Tom really that stupid to marry this person?????
Now, they have a brat that is probably gonna be worst than the phony airhead, Paris Hilton.

@Question: Has Suri been weaned off her bottle yet?

and her binkie?

annoying twit..that Katie!

How could or would any of us know the answers to those questions, #24?

How is she living vicariously through her and npt letting her be a kid, #25?

Romeo…who cares?

If you had a real brain….and have seen how Katie talks on talk shows like Jay Leno…..then one has all the answers! LOL

she’s the laughing stock of just about everything she gets into.

Damn!!!!!!! Suri is Gorgeous!!!!! =) Anybody who thinks different, needs glasses and bad!

Has this woman gone totally bonkers? Does she not realize how she sounds? And, sorry, but 5-year-olds don’t “sew”!

Oh for gods sake. This woman drives me nuts. I bet she has ZERO real friends and even her own family must roll their eyes when she talks if she comes out with this kind of **** all the time.

Pretentious is not classy or cool. I don’t care how much money you have.

The kid will be in rehab by the time she’s 18. She’ll probably also have an eating disorder shortly as well. People might think the life that little girl has is “blessed” but I wouldn’t want her life for a million bucks.

Jennica Panettiere @ 08/07/2011 at 2:07 am

@@Jennica Panettiere: Who the eff is Annie? If this is some type of feud you have with some other poster you are sorely mistaken. Jennica Panettiere is a name I’ve been using for a while now and I don’t post on just Suri / Kate posts. Google it, if you don’t believe me. Just because I say something that might actually be pro-Katie/Suri, people automatically jump and think I’m some rabid lunatic fan that’s posted in the past. Sheeshkabob.

Adorable, beautiful girl.

josh josh josh josh josh josh josh josh…where are you josh? Please save that little girl from camp crazy and the cult!!!!
If you’ve been waiting for Tom’s power to implode, I think the day has come. He is a laughing stock. …and what happenned to Katie’s loyalty to Dave Letterman? Maybe Dave finaly decided that even stupid dog tricks are more entertaining than 10 minutes of Katie on stage.

Shut up already Katie…the more you talk the dumber you look and sound…can’t stand looking at her or the kid and it is because of the way they talk and rise Suri and I have never not liked a child before but it is because of her crazy parents…

Katie is delusional.

Suri “sews”? Like at five you actually know how to put that darn thread in the eye of the needle? Like at five you would actually want to go to a fabric store? Please — Katie, just shut it about Suri. Yeah, yeah, we know she is an amazing kid (all parents do about their children, so I’ll give you that), but don’t think we are so stupid that we would actually believe what comes out of your half-smirking mouth.

winterwren @ 08/07/2011 at 9:35 am

This is just sad -

KATIE HOLMES WANTS HER DAUGHTER TO BE A STYLE ICON.( just like she would like to be.) I SAID IT BEFORE___– you fill her closet with expensive designer crap, she pulls at anything and no matter what she puts together is going to look GOOD… NO MAGIC BIMBO…. just an AIR-HEAD mom with a black card…kids look stylish mis-matched and if you have her mixing BONPOINT, JCREW, AND MARC JACOBS its gonna look cute on her. THIS peice of **** is so pretentious and stiff during interviews, she is trying tooooo hard to be perfection. Can’t wait till Suri is 8 and not as cute-sy and that Beckam baby is the talk of hollywood.

AND JUST LIKE PARIS HILTON, the HYPE ends and she’s just a bimbo…. I life how we know NOTHING about Apple Martin b/c her mom refuses to put her out there. Her mom is way more famous and there are only a few obtainable pictures of that child… GOOD GOING GWYN!

Magical? Oh God, here we go again. I think she was “magical” last year when she was 4 and could still hold her baby bottle without help.

She wants people to be jealous of her, that is so disgusting. I have been seeing her bragging and boasting about Suri and Tom for years. Would take it with a grain of salt b/c the media can exaggerate, but know seeing her in Jay Leno and a few other interviews , I am so grossed out. This lady is BEYOND despicable … can’t stand this woman. She would not be making news- worthy stories if she was not married to Tom. She is also more manipulative than she comes off, she knew she would be NOTHING great w/ out Tom… She doesn’t have that STAND OUT appeal. So she uses her daughter and marriage CONSTANTLY.

Are “magical” and “amazing” the only two words she knows?! Suri must be using black magic on Katie’s outfits, because she certainly never looks “amazing”!

Is it magical how she coordinates her /pacifier/Binky/ dummy with her outfit?!!! AT 5???!!!!!

If one of my friends/family used the word MAGICAL to describe their child or child’s talents I would PERMANENTLY disown them!

What? Another stroller show? Isn’t it getting old now?
And next time, the Zombie and her PR staff should pick a park as the background to stage, not a parking lot.

What;s even better, this Magical Prop aka a Strong Woman at the age of 2, should wear a fake belly to push the stroller, sure to bring back some fond memory for her Zombie mom.

Suri is such a good model to show people all over the world what’s the age limit for certain behaviors to look cute.
She’s too big and too old to be carried, which makes her look like a Dummy for ventriloquist.
She’s too old to suck on a baby bottle, which makes her look desperate.
She’s too old to be wrapped in baby blanket, which really shows how insecure she is.
Now she’s too tall and too old to push the stroller on outings. It was an OK show when she first started in NYC, now she looks behind and special with a stroller.

That’s amazing!

Maybe Katie thinks its ok to brag about Suri compensate off the fact their is some sort of developmental disorder or “specialness” going on with her…

so many young ladies are jealous with your life katie, look their comments here..

so many young ladies are jealous with your life katie, they’re admit it with their comments here.. LOL

NO Zohrah… just made a nice comment about Gwyneth Paltrow and she live a DREAM life… and I would do the same for A. Jolie or Reese Witherspoon as well…great privileged ladies! this person is the most narcisistic -shallow braggart who has nothing going on imo… NO JEALOSY just setting it straight.

I wish someone who interviews would flat out ask her if she actually brags as much as the media implies she does… that would be classic.

@zohrah if i don’t like with someone, I’ll don’t care what they’re wearing or something,, i don’t want wasting my time just to wrote something negative to someone else

coupon lady @ 08/07/2011 at 12:48 pm

In the InStyle interview Katie says she does not troll the Internet to see what is being said about her. But she does get briefed. So if her handlers are being honest, surely she knows her parenting is universally (and not just on JJ) criticized, her fashion sense is considered to be a zero. Her singing and dancing lukewarm to savage reviews by critics and the general population. And she must know her movies are tanking big time.

Guess Suri isn’t telling her the truth!

?? she’s taking up space in the entertainment ind.. she’s everywhere and it’s annoying BIG TIME

Jessica Simpleton @ 08/07/2011 at 1:01 pm

Tired of hearing this brain-dead, simple-minded woman talk. Katie is as stupid as she sounds, and Suri looks slow. She must get it from her mom.

Jessica Simpleton @ 08/07/2011 at 1:03 pm

Of course, Katie also looks slow.

Why are there so many negative ratings on comments that compliment suri’s looks? What do you all have against this little angel? You all are MORONS!!!!!!!

“Suri is magical when it comes to clothes – she’s quite an artist”
Is she freaking kidding?! The girl is five yrs old!

I feel sorry for Suri,she looks so uncomfortable in these pics the whole thing looks staged right down to the dirty shirt she has on,is that katies lame attempt to make her look like a normal kid?Why is it that Tom & Nicole’s other children were very rarely photographed while poor Suri is shoved down evryone throat?Possibly because Tom & Katies carreers are on the down swing?I think they are selfish people who are not considering what’s best for her.If I was Katie I would take a few years off,move to Montana,be a stay at home mom so she doesn’t have to drag that little girl all over the place & then make a big come back.That being said I can’t wait till Suri releases her tell all book when she gets older!

Katie is narcissistic and Suri will grow to become a Histrionic and shallow person because she is getting too much support all the time from her parents. Too much of something is bad enough. It seems like they don’t keep her grounded. They are way too superficial and materialistic.

I think Katie is telling Suri to look down and give a dead eye look like she always does…Katie is thinking she’s a great mother for teaching her this stuff. You can tell… unless Suri is really that lifeless and detached. Violet and all the other kids always react to the cameras… suri looks desensitized and zombie-ish.

Katie may not troll the Internet but someone from their camp does because every time the media/tabloids say something about them they react for example story about “Tom and Katie breaking up” the next thing you know their photograph together, “Suri has no friends “ next thing Katie taking about having Suri friends over for her b-day party, story saying “Tom and Katie never see each other” next thing Katie taking how they never apart more than 3 days when they’ve been photograph on the same day weeks at a time in different states and countries and a year ago Katie saying that their ok with both working at the same time and being apart for a long time and then the tabloids saying that they “spend millions on Suri clothes” the next thing you know Suri is in kid friendly play clothes. Everything is just a little too convent and if Katie wanted to take Suri for a walk why not do it in their gated neighborhood were the paparazzi would not bother Suri or at a park where she could play unless they wanted to be seen.

Agree totally with you. They pimp this child out for photo ops.

Wow, Suri’s doll looks exactly like she did as a baby. Did they make a Suri doll baby?

What a ****** mother. Dress your kid. You are the adult.

Just somepoints @ 08/07/2011 at 11:39 pm

“My daughter has been choosing her own outfits since she was two. We go to fabric stores and sew together. Sometimes I take inspiration from Suri’s fashion choices,” Katie said.

“Suri is my style critic. I know I look good when Suri asks if she can have my outfit when she’s older. Suri is magical when it comes to clothes – she’s quite an artist,” she added.

That says it all.Have you ever heard of something so stupid? That says why Kaite looks so stupid all of the time.
Kaite Holmes needs to see a head shrink.She hasTom ruling her.then she has the Sciencifiction church ruling her and per them,this 5 yr. old rules her. Sad.

So, that’s why Katie’s outfits look so bad all the time. Time to fire that little stylist.

Sounds like mom is forgetting that Suri is just a child, a 5 year old child and should not be telling mom what to wear and being a critic to any clothes mom is wearing. Who is parenting who here? Seriously. She is 5 year old child.

@amy:

She sure is beautiful, I see a stunning teen, look at her eyes and features, along with hair color. So much for everyone raving about other children being the most whatever. This is it. And she’s ALL Girl,dressed as a girl should be dressed!

love them @ 08/08/2011 at 7:18 am

Love, LOVE Katie and Suri….love Katie’s look,she’s a classic beauty.Who can wear jeans when the time calls for it. You don’t see her in a black dress and heels taking the kid out.
Suri is a little doll, so pretty,looks adorable pushing her doll carriage.
if only we could see a certain blonde little girl dressed like this pushing a doll , never happen, and wondering why. A girl should be a girl, end of story. This is normal! Not frigging boys pants and shirts carrying a sword!!!!!!!!!

5 year olds deciding @ 08/08/2011 at 7:26 am

@Kathleen:

Exactly, 100% right.a 5 yr old should not. In Katie’s case I think she’s just being ‘cute’. I doubt Suri dresses her…maybe picks some stuff out..she’s a little fashionista…soo pretty too.
The same then should be said for Shiloh no?? Why is a 5 yr old deciding she wants a boy hair cut and all boys clothing? Do you really think a 5 yr old should decide she will buy ALL BOYS clothes? Really? If anyone does, they are just not saying what they really think. Angie told VF last year “Shiloh wants to be a boy”. Really?
This is why Chaz Bono brought this up on tv. I wasn’t surprised. Shiloh is not a BOY, and something is weird here. But, on JJ, it’s ok, she’s just 5. Yeah and so is Suri.But they forget that, they hate everyone but you know who.

What a complete stupid, brainless twit.

QUIT IT W/ the FASHIONISTA @ 08/08/2011 at 10:07 am

Everyone says my kid is a fashionista too… and everyone elses little girl is a fashionista as well… its not hard to make your little girl look stylish these days w/ inexpensive stylish specialty stores like Gap dressing 99.9 percent of the 4-5 yr olds out there… yada yada yada… people need to get out more if they think this kid is more unique or stylish then the next. I buy all those brands that suri wears for my 3 yr old too, I like shopping… I love fashion… but I don’t go around thinking she’s magical and better..I probably could save some $$$ a hit the gap b/c my kid gets the same complements as all the other little girls in Old Navy and Gap, its pretty funny.

suri’s so girly, love that

QUIT IT W/ the FASHIONISTA @ 08/08/2011 at 10:19 am

and Suri is a very pretty kid… but I have to say, not at all stand-out wow like everyone claims… its kind of lame how adults are making comments about this kids looks… its pathetic actually.I think that’s why their is such a negative response to the Suri is beautiful comments….People. ALL KIDS are cute… especially when they are walking down the street w/ cute props… Suri is always made to do something cute for camera, thats KH’s thing… and the kid doing adult things pics always get the best responses in my world and pictures as well… add $$ clothes and a sheet of dark brown hair always in her face, she looks like a little “model” Its so sad its like Suri is on stage with PROPS constantly. KH is bat-**** crazy.

why do people like to worship? @ 08/08/2011 at 10:51 am

like everyone, certain angles are better… most kids are look great in photos… and certain angles of Suri are unfortunate.. I don’t like making these comments but the sad folks on here are celeb-child-worshiping… SAD!… you put people on pedestals, you will always get disappointed. Remember, these of PROFESSIONALS taking the photos, (remember your wedding pics ladies!)… of course w/ great cameras and equipment ppl look phenomenal. Stop the Suri WORSHIPING… its adding fuel to the craziness fire.

coupon lady @ 08/08/2011 at 11:51 am

@love them:

Don’t be an idiot. A kid should be a kid. Suri is being raised as a little diva. Normal little girls don’t run around in heels, make up, with ten thousand dollar bags, and a closet full of designer clothes. They alternate between jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses and if they have brothers–often their brother’s t-shirts, shorts etc. The “other” child is gorgeous and she is a tom boy. Who cares. Suri is average looking and very girly. Who cares.

many girls at this age like clothes and care how do they look like but this obsession is kinda pathetic. Little Suri is a fashion guru for Katie, I ber when she gets older she will be like mother to Katie because probably what Suri says Katie does. Katie must be quite silly, everything what she says is and she has no idea about it.

@Romeo:
Poor creature!!!No brain cells!!!!

@love them:
at least that LITTLE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE GIRL is very happy and experiencing a real childhood (oops,,should i say MORE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BLONDE GIRL) than this little robotic girl!!!!

about their mom????this lady who wears black and heels is just an effortlessly beautiful and INTELLIGENT unlike your idol who looks awkward with the dresses she wears!!!!!hahaha

SAD REALITY FOR YOU eh?????BUT THAT’S THE TRUTH!!!!!!LOL

@love them:
and i forgot,,,,this little beautiful blonde girl does not push a doll bcoz she is holding her siblings hands!!!!!!!so sweet right?????hahaha
SJP ROCKS!!!!!!