Katie Holmes: 'Suri is My Style Critic!'

Katie Holmes: 'Suri is My Style Critic!'

Katie Holmes takes a stroll with her daughter Suri on Saturday (August 6) in Los Angeles.

The 5-year-old cutie pushed one of her dolls in a baby carriage and carried a small purse. Late last month, Suri pushed another one of her dolls in a different carriage!

Katie recently told Marie Claire magazine that Suri is one of her fashion inspirations!

“My daughter has been choosing her own outfits since she was two. We go to fabric stores and sew together. Sometimes I take inspiration from Suri‘s fashion choices,” Katie said.

Suri is my style critic. I know I look good when Suri asks if she can have my outfit when she’s older. Suri is magical when it comes to clothes – she’s quite an artist,” she added.

FYI: Katie is wearing J Brand “Love Story” bell bottom jeans in Essex.

15+ pictures inside of Katie Holmes out and about with her daughter…

katie holmes suri is my style critic 01
katie holmes suri is my style critic 12
katie holmes suri is my style critic 13
katie holmes suri is my style critic 14
katie holmes suri is my style critic 15

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] Show All

Sounds like mom is forgetting that Suri is just a child, a 5 year old child and should not be telling mom what to wear and being a critic to any clothes mom is wearing. Who is parenting who here? Seriously. She is 5 year old child.

@amy:

She sure is beautiful, I see a stunning teen, look at her eyes and features, along with hair color. So much for everyone raving about other children being the most whatever. This is it. And she’s ALL Girl,dressed as a girl should be dressed!

love them @ 08/08/2011 at 7:18 am

Love, LOVE Katie and Suri….love Katie’s look,she’s a classic beauty.Who can wear jeans when the time calls for it. You don’t see her in a black dress and heels taking the kid out.
Suri is a little doll, so pretty,looks adorable pushing her doll carriage.
if only we could see a certain blonde little girl dressed like this pushing a doll , never happen, and wondering why. A girl should be a girl, end of story. This is normal! Not frigging boys pants and shirts carrying a sword!!!!!!!!!

5 year olds deciding @ 08/08/2011 at 7:26 am

@Kathleen:

Exactly, 100% right.a 5 yr old should not. In Katie’s case I think she’s just being ‘cute’. I doubt Suri dresses her…maybe picks some stuff out..she’s a little fashionista…soo pretty too.
The same then should be said for Shiloh no?? Why is a 5 yr old deciding she wants a boy hair cut and all boys clothing? Do you really think a 5 yr old should decide she will buy ALL BOYS clothes? Really? If anyone does, they are just not saying what they really think. Angie told VF last year “Shiloh wants to be a boy”. Really?
This is why Chaz Bono brought this up on tv. I wasn’t surprised. Shiloh is not a BOY, and something is weird here. But, on JJ, it’s ok, she’s just 5. Yeah and so is Suri.But they forget that, they hate everyone but you know who.

What a complete stupid, brainless twit.

QUIT IT W/ the FASHIONISTA @ 08/08/2011 at 10:07 am

Everyone says my kid is a fashionista too… and everyone elses little girl is a fashionista as well… its not hard to make your little girl look stylish these days w/ inexpensive stylish specialty stores like Gap dressing 99.9 percent of the 4-5 yr olds out there… yada yada yada… people need to get out more if they think this kid is more unique or stylish then the next. I buy all those brands that suri wears for my 3 yr old too, I like shopping… I love fashion… but I don’t go around thinking she’s magical and better..I probably could save some $$$ a hit the gap b/c my kid gets the same complements as all the other little girls in Old Navy and Gap, its pretty funny.

suri’s so girly, love that

QUIT IT W/ the FASHIONISTA @ 08/08/2011 at 10:19 am

and Suri is a very pretty kid… but I have to say, not at all stand-out wow like everyone claims… its kind of lame how adults are making comments about this kids looks… its pathetic actually.I think that’s why their is such a negative response to the Suri is beautiful comments….People. ALL KIDS are cute… especially when they are walking down the street w/ cute props… Suri is always made to do something cute for camera, thats KH’s thing… and the kid doing adult things pics always get the best responses in my world and pictures as well… add $$ clothes and a sheet of dark brown hair always in her face, she looks like a little “model” Its so sad its like Suri is on stage with PROPS constantly. KH is bat-**** crazy.

why do people like to worship? @ 08/08/2011 at 10:51 am

like everyone, certain angles are better… most kids are look great in photos… and certain angles of Suri are unfortunate.. I don’t like making these comments but the sad folks on here are celeb-child-worshiping… SAD!… you put people on pedestals, you will always get disappointed. Remember, these of PROFESSIONALS taking the photos, (remember your wedding pics ladies!)… of course w/ great cameras and equipment ppl look phenomenal. Stop the Suri WORSHIPING… its adding fuel to the craziness fire.

coupon lady @ 08/08/2011 at 11:51 am

@love them:

Don’t be an idiot. A kid should be a kid. Suri is being raised as a little diva. Normal little girls don’t run around in heels, make up, with ten thousand dollar bags, and a closet full of designer clothes. They alternate between jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses and if they have brothers–often their brother’s t-shirts, shorts etc. The “other” child is gorgeous and she is a tom boy. Who cares. Suri is average looking and very girly. Who cares.

many girls at this age like clothes and care how do they look like but this obsession is kinda pathetic. Little Suri is a fashion guru for Katie, I ber when she gets older she will be like mother to Katie because probably what Suri says Katie does. Katie must be quite silly, everything what she says is and she has no idea about it.

@Romeo:
Poor creature!!!No brain cells!!!!

@love them:
at least that LITTLE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE GIRL is very happy and experiencing a real childhood (oops,,should i say MORE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BLONDE GIRL) than this little robotic girl!!!!

about their mom????this lady who wears black and heels is just an effortlessly beautiful and INTELLIGENT unlike your idol who looks awkward with the dresses she wears!!!!!hahaha

SAD REALITY FOR YOU eh?????BUT THAT’S THE TRUTH!!!!!!LOL

@love them:
and i forgot,,,,this little beautiful blonde girl does not push a doll bcoz she is holding her siblings hands!!!!!!!so sweet right?????hahaha
SJP ROCKS!!!!!!