Gavin DeGraw Hospitalized After Assault

Gavin DeGraw Hospitalized After Assault

Gavin DeGraw is recovering in a NYC hospital after he was assaulted early Monday morning (August 8), according to his reps.

The 34-year-old singer was “beaten by a pack of thugs” around 4:30 a.m. in Manhattan and then hit by a taxi as he stumbled away, according to the NY Post.

Gavin “was taken to the emergency room at Bellevue Hospital by ambulance. He is currently under observation,” his reps said in a statement.

Police sources said Gavin, who has been on tour with Train and Maroon 5, suffered a broken nose and cuts on his face.

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

That is awful!!!!! Poor thing.

James Francos #1 fan! @ 08/08/2011 at 11:29 pm

Wow that is really terrible. I hope he makes a quick recovery.

what a bunch of ****. I met this guy last Sunday when he performed with Maroon 5 and Train in Mt. Pleasant. He’s such an amazing performer and seems like a great guy. I hope justice is served and he recovers ASAP!!

WTF????????
why would someone do that to him ?????
sick ppl

was it because his music sucks? regardless, it shouldn’t have happened. get better, boo!

Get well soon Gavin :( So sad to hear about this. I’ve seen Gavin live a couple times and met him before more than once and he’s always been such a sweet guy haha and always calling you ‘darlin’ when you’d talk to him which always stood out to me. I really hope they get the guys who did this and Gavin gets better asap

his music sucks? wow. you either are deaf or plain stupid. let me guess you listen to talented people like Britney spears? haahah what a joke. The man can sing. He’s got more talent than a lot of main stream artists

Oh wow, I hope he’s OK. Sick people.

love him and his music! Poor guy, hope he is alright.

hihihihihi @ 08/09/2011 at 12:08 am

i obviously don’t know him personally, but he seems like a sweet guy! he is also so so talented, i’ve been listening to “not over you” on repeat. i hope he recovers fast! those guys are idiots.

hihihihihi @ 08/09/2011 at 12:08 am

Maybe he shouldn’t have been out by himself at 4:30am?

Aww I just met him at a meet & greet. One of the nicest guys! I wish him a speedy recovery!!

Read black thugs of course.

Brandon Hilton @ 08/09/2011 at 12:27 am

Artists should have security with them at all time! This is sickening to here, and THEN hit by a taxi on top of it… WOW!!

I hope he gets better soon.

@FFer: Racist loser.

Disco #20: Pray that your flight not be in winter.

This is so awful, I love Gavin and his music (especially the Chariot album). A few years ago he performed at my university and was amazing. Then afterward he hung out at a local bar with a bunch of students. I didn’t get to meet him but he seems like a nice, regular guy. Here’s wishing him a speedy recovery.

OMG that’s horrible! I hope he recovers soon! He’s such an awesome singer and performer.

Madhatter @ 08/09/2011 at 2:04 am

Thugs at 4am in Manhattan. Hmm, I think there is more to this story. Get well soon Gavin

@FFer: You have some serious issue and your comment was uncalled keep your bigots comment to yourself you sad pathic miserable races pig and thugs as you called it comes in all different races

I hope Gavin get wells I saw him in concert and he was amazing

that is REALLY sad, i feel so bad for him. did the thugs know who he was or was it a random assault?

and the taxi… was that a separate accident? how stupid

Vanessa; Ignorance is a form of wilfull bigotry, i.e. narrow mindedness. For example, people who believe that Obama was born in Hawaii. Or reporters who write stories about black gangs ["youths"] attacking white people at the Wisconsin state fair, but never mention the races involved. I recommend that you read anything by George Orwell. If you can read.

Gavin, mention please the race of those thugs. If they were black, then no wonder. And Im sure they were.

Oh no! Hope for a speedy recovery!

@Thai: Oh Thai…how ignorant to do you sound right now? They could have been Asian. hmmm… I’m sure they were. idiot!

MacThis; Yeah, they could have been Asian. American jails are just full of Asians.

@Madhatter:
Ah, #24, why did you steal my screen name?
Only one person can officially sign up a name with email.
So, this tells me that this person is one of the first 23 posts and just changed the name before posting.
Also, this confirms what I have suspected, that this website is full of the same people reposting over and over under different names.
ps. There should be a comma before Gavin.