Gerard Butler: Celtic Legends Match for Charity!

Gerard Butler: Celtic Legends Match for Charity!

Gerard Butler celebrates during a charity soccer match on Tuesday (August 9) in Glasgow, Scotland.

The 41-year-old Scottish stud played on the Celtic Legends XI team against a Manchester United Legends XI group at Celtic Park.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

The game benefited Oxfam’s East Africa Famine Appeal – and over 50,000 people came out for the match!

“This is a great cause and one we should all support. The charitable spirit and generosity of our supporters is well-known and we’re sure our fans will once again lend their backing to support the many thousands of people in Africa who need our help,” Celtic manager Neil Lennon said in a release.

gerard butler charity match 01
gerard butler charity match 02
gerard butler charity match 03
gerard butler charity match 04
gerard butler charity match 05

He’s looking good.

So sweet with Celtic shirt.

he is gay. He`ll get out of the closet soon.

Niknoks – How are you? Things doesn’t look good on the news.

GREAT! He looks good and is having fun. Doing what he likes helping others in need. The press always seems to underplay that.

GERRYYYYYYY!!!!… He was an “item” for good luck for Celtic Legends and…THEY WON!!!! YEAH!!!! xD

LUVYAGERRY!!! <3

He gave his respectful all. He, and everyone, should be proud. Fun times were had. He was a team-player and whether he was perfect or not, he gave his whole-hearted all. His eyes were shining, clear and very focused. He belonged. He lent his celebrity to an important cause. No one should be poking fun. Doubt anyone who did could do what he did!
~K

he looks like skeletor

@she:

Things are quiet where I am at the moment, trouble just seems to have spread elsewhere though.

I hope he is losing all this weight for a role. He’s far too skinny.. Hope hes healthy and doing well.. Hes just lost so much weight!

He is sexy and those dreamy blue eyes what a sexy body. i hope he is single *** Love Love Love

He lost WAY too much weight, makes him look sick and like he is dying of some disease.

Nice to see him home in Scotland for a change :)

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 12:14 pm

Why are people missing the point here? This was for charity. He wasn’t trying out for the team! I think Gerry’s been scratching things off of his bucket list lately so good for him, not that my comment means anything, so don’t read anything in to it.
Nik, happy to hear things have died down over there, at least for now.

@Latesummer’s Eve:

I don’t think people are missing the point, yes it was for a charity game but if GB plays in a football match watched by 50000+ in a stadium and millions at home, you have to expect that his football skills are going to be judged. I don’t get why people are getting so upset by it.
People are serious about their football here and Celtic fans are amongst the most passionate, if you have the honour of pulling on the Hoops, you have to do that shirt justice. I think that’s why he got a hard time from some fans.
Of course people aren’t going to expect him to have the skills of the former pro’s but they will compare him to the other celebs and comment on his stamina. While he he was one of the celebs that played the longest, (he didn’t play the longest, I don’t know where that particular stat came from) there were celebs that were a lot more active than he was on the pitch.
Having said that he leant his name to a great cause and fulfilled a boyhood dream in the process but as far as his football skills go, bless him, he should stick to acting. ;-p

Well, I never thought I’d see Henrik Larsson on JustJared but there he is! Love you Henke!

He needs a shower and a mirror

I do not remember seeing him so thin before, I hope he is well, perhaps for some character.

I love Gerard, but something not so good happens to him, more like Hollywood sucking the life out of him.
Gerard quit whatever bad habbit you’ve got recently. You dont look healthy.
Take care!
Peace.

Gerard quit whatever bad habbit you’ve got recently. You dont look healthy.
Take care!
Peace.

cubedweller @ 08/10/2011 at 4:42 pm

Kaiser’s take on skinny Butler:
“Gerry looks like he would wrestle me for the last lettuce leaf. And he would lose.”
Hey, good for him for playing in the match. He did something to help others, and had some fun. And the publicity never hurts, either. But seriously – if he keeps up with the weight loss, he’s going to look like a Body Worlds exhibit. Handing Butler my Starbucks card – lemon cake, dude. Eat some.

angelsrock @ 08/10/2011 at 4:43 pm

I was just watching the Coriolanus trailer and everyone’s eyes look blue except Gerry’s. Either lighting in those scenes or he’s wearing contacts.

I’m not sure why but that trailer just doesn’t stir my desire to see the movie. I’m sure I will if it’s playing near me.

I’ll admit the shirtless photo is hard to look at. It isn’t really all that attractive, not that he’s sticking out his tongue, but the skin over muscle without any softness beneath it. Even during 300 he had some flesh… all that was FOR the part. He needs to add some weight, not much, maybe 15 pounds. Everything hangs on him now!
~K
who is so glad they won!

I’m sorry but I’m not a fan of Butler now. I wonder how boney his back looks now?
What I don’t understand is what was wrong with the way this Butler looked? http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2555639/gerard-butler-shirtless-stroll-with-mystery-gal-12/
I would take June 26th Gerry over current Gerry any day.
@niknoks:
I think that as long as you don’t say that Butler saved the game or that Butler’s performance was amazing, peeps will continue to come to his honor’s rescue.
Funny, if they watched the match from the sports perspective they couldn’t rationalize anything.
Sure he was on there a long time but was tuckered out and not as active as the majority of the players on the field. Also, three people on the field are cancer survivors and one has only been out of treatment for a few weeks IIRC what the commentators were saying. To me, they were the real heroes in the game. Butler brought a name but they brought the glory IMO.
BTW John Kennedy was the one who should be receiving the notice and the applause. It is his efforts that helped make the match happen and he was the one who donated his share of the take to the appeal. He is the real star IMO…

@Verklept:
And you eat with that mouth???

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 8:55 pm

I am happy Gerry’s team won. It made it that much sweeter for him I’m sure!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 8:59 pm

@Manny:
You’ve said far worse! LOL!

@Verklept:

Who the heck cares! LOL! I think it’s all just sour grapes where Butler is concerned!

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Nice to know I have a more class than to degrade women using those terms…. weren’t you the women’s lib advocate on here???
Shame on you.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:13 pm

@Manny:

Resorting to making things up again I see. I never did that and you’ve called me and plenty others some pretty bad names, especially while you coward behind another moniker! LOL!

You’re a legend in your own mind!

And if Butler doesn’t float your boat anymore, why do you bother wasting your time here? Why not just get back on your broom and go spread your good cheer somewhere else?

I’m sure a few others wouldn’t miss your type of toxic ranting and all the negative crap you bring here.

Now, make something else up about me or better yet, resort to juvenile name calling! It suits you so well! LOL!

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Who says he is not one of my favorite actors??? You???
The only toxic ranting seems to be you right now.
Again Miss Forked-Tongue… Shame on you for saying constantly that you are a woman’s advocate but condoning the use of degrading terms for women like tw*t and c*nt. Shame shame shame….

I love Gerard Butler, but he honestly looks ill. He has been looking sick for the past few months, I don’t think the weight loss agrees with him. He was much better looking with the weight.

@brenda:
I agree. Not the best look for him IMO…

I see Summer’s Eve has forgotten to take her anti-anxiety meds again… Everyone is me again. Is anyone else bored with this???

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:25 pm

@Manny:

“I have a more class than to degrade women using those terms”

LMFAO! You have class? OK! I think you’re a legend in your own mind!

If I can refer to a man as a “dck” I’m sure there are women out there that deserve the title “twat”! I’m an equal opportunity women’s libber! LOL!

The more you keep opening your mouth, the sillier you sound!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:33 pm

@Manny:

“I’m sorry but I’m not a fan of Butler now”
and then…

“Who says he is not one of my favorite actors??? You???

No, you kinda did! LOL! Don’t you remember what you just posted a few minutes ago? You say how much you dislike the man on a daily basis and aren’t a fan anymore and criticize his looks or whatever else you can latch on to negatively. Maybe you need to be on some kind of medication or perhaps therapy. You’re loosing it! LOL!

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Gee Evie the conversation was about his looks. You are terribly slow tonight…….

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:37 pm

I suppose calling me a “douche” is more “classy”? LOLOLOLOL!

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Well you picked the name and adopted it as your own. I guess that means you agree with me……..

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:40 pm

@Manny:

No, YOU added the “Summer” on it, remember? You ARE forgetful aren’t you? I came on as just “Eve” and the rest is history. I’m worried about you! LOL!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:42 pm

@Manny:

No, I agree with Verklept!

@Latesummer’s Eve:
You really are dim aren’t you? I never said I didn’t call you a d0uche but you were the one that started using Summer’s Eve not me…. like I said self-awareness is the first step to positive change Evie…..

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Verklept IS you ….. gee that was a stretch on your part…. Yawn….

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:46 pm

@Manny:

“but you were the one that started using Summer’s Eve not me…. ”

WRONG! I came on to this site as “Eve” and Eve only. YOU added the Summer’s to it. You know if you can’t win an argument, you’ll lie like rug! LOL! And you’re so lousy at it! I’ve got a much better memory then you too! Poor Manny! She’s getting flustered!

I have never used Summer’s Eve as my moniker…… gee I wonder who did……….
You even agreed with me…. “I’m this clean feeling that washes over the board……….”

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:52 pm

You don’t think you have other people that don’t like you? LOLOL! Keep on telling yourself that if it makes you feel better! It’s probably one of your so called “peeps” who’s as sick and tired of your toxic rants as I am! Have a nice night now that your negativity has turned the board in to what you want it? Having fun?

I just love the banter between you two girls, better than butler’s movies of late. jello wrestle anyone?

@Latesummer’s Eve:
I’m new to the paranoia stuff….

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 9:56 pm

Here we go with the twisting words now! LOL! I never said YOU used the name. YOU gave me the name, you idgit! You’re like a six year old!

@OFFS:
You’ll figure this all out in a bit. :)

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Like I said, you must have agreed with me calling you that because you adopted it as your moniker…

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 10:03 pm

@Manny:

“Well according to your reasoning anyone who says nasty things about me is you. Isn’t that how it works?????????”

Come again?

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Anyone that says anything negative about you is me right? Well so it goes to reason that all the others are you………

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 10:06 pm

@Manny:

“You’ll figure this all out in a bit. :)”

LOL! What’s to figure out? I don’t see any of your “peeps” coming to your defense? So I guess you’ll have to draw out a couple of your invisible friends for that!

Oh I think I have Manny, :)

@Oy your joke about Gerry being the Pipelayer, priceless. still laughing!

you can be a fan of an actor and still give Gerry a jibe or two, it won’t kill em. he’s got a sense of humour to be sure

carry on ladies….

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Oh the joke is on you. :)))

NEW THREAD!!

@OFFS:
Excellent take on it OFFS. You don’t have to have blind adulation to be a fan. :))
@Beth H.:
Oh you party p00p you….

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/10/2011 at 10:13 pm

@OFFS:

Do tell? What have you figured out? I would like to hear it.

Every party has one :)