Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Brad Pitt Returns Home from the 'War'

Brad Pitt Returns Home from the 'War'

Brad Pitt walks across a polo field after flying in on a helicopter on Friday (August 12) in Richmond, London, England.

The 47-year-old actor’s partner, Angelina Jolie, was also spotted returning to their rented house earlier in the day.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Brad Pitt

On Tuesday, Brad was in Cornwall where he got back to work filming more scenes for his upcoming movie, World War Z. In case you missed it, check out the zombie flick’s official synopsis!

The poster for Brad‘s other film, Moneyball, was also recently unveiled.

brad pitt helicopter richmond 01
brad pitt helicopter richmond 02
brad pitt helicopter richmond 03
brad pitt helicopter richmond 04
brad pitt helicopter richmond 05
brad pitt helicopter richmond 06
brad pitt helicopter richmond 07

• Mandy Moore has a zoo of pets at her home- US Weekly
  • NBA player Paul George suffers horrific leg injury during a game- TMZ
  • Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy have split after five years- Gossip Cop
  • Watch Ella Henderson sing her latest single 'Ghost'- Just Jared Jr
  • Peter MacNicol will be a series regular on CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Kelly Ripa rocks a really short pair of spandex shorts for a workout- Huffington Post
  • Oscar Isaac will star in the upcoming film Show Me A Hero- Lainey Gossip
  • James Lafferty will star in Waffle Street- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Karina Jelinek and Paz Cornu shows off their bikini bodies on the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All
Sonia0404 @ 08/12/2011 at 3:34 pm

FIRST!!! Imagine how thrilled the kids will be!

Lucky Charm @ 08/12/2011 at 3:35 pm

Look at that BIG grin on his face, too! You know that he and Angelina had a some great mommy & daddy time, lol!

Sonia0404 @ 08/12/2011 at 3:35 pm

Hey, where’s my comment? Anyway, the kids will definitely be thrilled to see papa home!

It seems the filming in England is finished. Daddy is happy to be home.

Sonia0404 @ 08/12/2011 at 3:38 pm

Darn, I was not the first! However, I remember seeing Shi holding on to Angie’s leg at one time when Angie took her and Zee to the set to visit Brad.

That girl melt my heart. I do believe the kids, all 6 of them, are all so very close to their parents!,

Entertainment Weekly, August 19/26, 2011 issue

Moneyball
STARRING Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, Philip Seymour Hoffman
DIRECTED BY Bennett Miller
NOT YET RATED, SEPT 23

“It’s not a baseball movie,” says Moneyball director Bennett Miller. “Period.” Of course, it is a baseball movie—one of the most detailed and realistic takes on a game ever to hit the big screen. But to the film’s director and cast, some of whom say they’ve never been huge fans of America’s pastime, its themes reach far beyond the world of balls and strikes. Based on Michael Lewis’ 2003 non-fiction book, the movie follows Oakland A’s general manager Bill Beane (Brad Pitt) as he struggles to reinvent his cash-starved team in the early 2000s by rejecting some of baseball’s most fundamental assumptions. “To me, it’s about thinking differently,” says Jonah Hill, who plays a clever young A’s exec working with Beane. “I saw a story about people being undervalued.”

At its core, Lewis’ best-seller is a book of ideas, and turning it into a movie proved unusually tricky. “Listen, we’re dealing with economics, we’re dealing with [statistics-driven] sabermetrics, we’re dealing with things that are not necessarily dramatic cinematically and palatable for an audience,” says Pitt. “How do you get over that hurdle?” Even Michael Lewis said to us, ‘Sure, I’ll sell you the rights. I don’t know how you’re going to make a movie out of it…’ I’m not sure we did, either. We just knew that there was something there at the heart of it. It became somewhat of an obsession.”

The movie was plagued by setbacks and false starts almost from the beginning. After original director David Frankel (Marley ∓ Me) dropped out to pursue the comedy The Big Year, Steven Soderbergh (Ocean’s Eleven) signed on. But just days before shooting was set to start in June 2009, Sony pulled the plug on the project after meeting with Soderbergh about his final script revisions, which outlined a docudrama-style film including interviews with real baseball players. “Suddenly we got a balk and everything was turned upside down,” says Pitt. “It was a grim time.” Even so, Pitt refused to give up. “I’m not sure I’ll be able to explain that one until I’m on my deathbed,” he says with a laugh. “It just spoke to me on so many levels. I just couldn’t let it go.”

In search of a new director, Pitt invited Miller (Capote) to his L.A. home. They hit it off. “In that first meeting we talked about a Trojan-horse approach to making a film like this,” says Miller. “We were going to make it inside the system but try to carry a little bit of the spirit of films from the ’70s.” Miller then made his pitch to Sony and the film’s producers, emphasizing elements of Beane’s personal life that could give the movie a more traditional narrative arc (the film features Robin Wright as his ex-wife and Philip Seymour Hoffman as A’s manager Art Howe). “It made us see that his version would be inspiring,” says Michael De Luca, who produced the movie with Scott Rudin and Rachael Horovitz. Sony was convinced as well, and the project finally moved forward, with The Social Network’s Aaron Sorkin also on board (he shares the screenplay credit with Steven Zaillian).

Miller was serious about nodding toward ’70s cinema. A particular source of inspiration was All the President’s Men, another movie about two behind-the-scenes guys taking on the system with an in-depth look at how things actually work. (There’s even a quick homage to the 1976 film when Pitt’s and Hill’s characters meet secretly in a parking garage.) Beane himself was a big help in nailing Moneyball’s realism—though he seemed ambivalent about being the film’s central figure. “Billy was very gracious and open, and at the same time very uncomfortable with the idea of this kind of focus on himself, which, although I’ve chosen a business that is antithetical to that, I understand completely,” says Pitt. After seeing the almost-finished movie, Beane recently shared his thoughts with Pitt. “I think if it was a film that wasn’t about him,” says the actor, “he would be absolutely in love with it.”

He looks happy too, it must be real big love. A repeat performance tonight by the happy smiles on both their faces, lol.

Brad and Angie had hot night in Cornwall..Love to see them happy. They can enjoy and touch each other every day and night …Happy for them…passionate sexy couple

I want a relationship like Brad and Angelina’s, so romantic.

Entertainment Weekly, August 19/26, 2011 issue

ANGELINA JOLIE Q/A
The globe-trotting actress discusses her new mission as the writer-director of a tragic love story set in the former Yugoslavia

Entertainment Weekly: In the Land of Blood and Honey marks your first time writing and directing. What daunted you most about the project?
Angelina Jolie: When you’re an actor, you do think about the overall [picture], but you focus on one perspective. You are one character. So when you write something, it’s like you’re an actor playing all different parts. So you have to keep pushing your personality and write from different angles. You have to be the antagonist—and then you switch. I’ve always said other people’s words in my life. I had never written anything. So to sit down and put words on paper was terrifying, because it’s so personal. I found that much more difficult.

EW: You’ve visited many war-torn regions as a U.N. Goodwill Ambassador. What drew you to write this story about civil war in the former Yugoslavia?
Jolie: I get very frustrated with lack of intervention in the world. I’ve spent the last 10 years with a lot of people who have come out of these wars, and these wars go on for so long that it changes the society. So I was interested in this question of why we let certain crises go on for so long without proper intervention. I started to study the situation, learn about the history of a country that I felt I should educate myself on. And in the process, I put myself in a story saying, “What would I do? What would my friends do?”

EW: Did you find your own character coming through then?
Jolie: I think it’s one of those things that a therapist could tell me that I don’t yet know. [Laughs] I will say this: The thing that everybody says is the worst thing that happens in the film is my personal worst nightmare. I can’t say more. But maybe that’s my character.

EW: The movie is set in the Balkans, which is a name from the Turkish words bal and kan, which mean “blood” and “honey.” It’s an unusual title, but when you know that, it seems like such a natural fit for a bittersweet story about love in the midst of war.
Jolie: That’s right. It was actually the earliest suggestion, which I think is interesting. They you shy away from it, and you try to find all these other titles. It did seem like there was no title that fit it better.

EW: You made two versions of the film, shooting separately in English and Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian. Why?
Jolie: I personally like stories being told and lived as they actually were. At the same time, I know many people don’t go out of their way to see films if they’re subtitled. I wanted to make it as accessible as possible for people.

In the Land of Blood and Honey
STARRING Zana Marjanovic, Goran Kostic, Rade Serbedzija
DIRECTED BY Angelina Jolie
RATED R, DEC 23

For her writing and directing debut, Angelina Jolie didn’t choose something easy. In the Land of Blood and Honey, a melancholy drama set during Bosnia’s 1992-95 civil war, follows a Christian Serb man (Goran Kostic) and a Bosnian woman (Zana Marjanovic) whose lives are torn apart when violence flares between ethnic and religious groups.

“It’s about what happens to people, not just a couple,” says Jolie, who doesn’t appear on camera. “It’s a father and son, it’s sisters, mother and child, friends. What happens to all of these different relationships when you live inside [war]—even if they’re great, strong, loving, tight relationships.”

Even now, sensitivities about the conflict remain high, and Jolie almost lost her permit to shoot in Bosnia when false rumors spread about the contents of her script. (The country’s cultural ministry ultimately approved the production.)

Adding to the first-time filmmaker’s challenges, she shot in both English and the local Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian language, so two versions of the movie will be released. “I felt like I didn’t make a film about people,” Jolie says. “I tried to make a film with people from this country.”

groundcontrol @ 08/12/2011 at 3:51 pm

Love it! This man is so gorgeous and sexy.
This is one smart couple the way they manage to juggle bring great parents and lovers.
PT, check your email.

groundcontrol @ 08/12/2011 at 3:52 pm

Love it! This man is so gorgeous and sexy.
PT, check your email.

groundcontrol @ 08/12/2011 at 3:52 pm

I’m not apologizing for the double post. It needs to be said again and again! LOL!!!!

@kà simply amazing:With 6 kids he will be a grandfather one day. Thank God he got out of that Childless marriage where all he did was sun tan with X.

Brad looks great and so happy like his lady love Angelina. Both look so happy. We know why, grotto sex last night and tonight as well.

Sonia0404 @ 08/12/2011 at 3:57 pm

@Colette:
Amen to that!!

Daddy and mommy are back with their kids, I bet the kids are all excited to see their parents.

SEE Angelina went off to visit someone else. Probably Jonny lee miller.

I think they had the wrapup party yesterday. Angie had two bags full of stuff in them when she left, came back with one empty bag. I read Brad and Angie often give gifts to the cast when a film is done.

blind item time @ 08/12/2011 at 12:21 pm

This A list always movie actress says that she is crazy about her boyfriend. Loves him thinks he is the greatest. Her accolades are endless. Too bad they are not true. I think he might be surprised to know who she has been seeing other than him. More than one person. So, read all those articles and interviews with a wary eye

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All