Michelle Williams: New 'My Week With Marilyn' Still!

Michelle Williams: New 'My Week With Marilyn' Still!

Check out this new still of Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe in the upcoming film My Week With Marilyn!

The film follows a young man (Eddie Redmayne) who worked as a lowly assistant on the set of Marilyn’s film The Prince and the Showgirl.

My Week With Marilyn also stars Kenneth Branagh as Marilyn’s co-star, Sir Laurence Olivier, and Dougray Scott as Marilyn’s husband at the time, Arthur Miller.

The highly anticipated film will make its world premiere as the centerpiece selection at this year’s New York Film Festival.

Bigger pic inside…

michelle williams new my week with marilyn still

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

she is stunnig

laverdadduele @ 08/12/2011 at 7:43 pm

One of the un-sexiest actress out there playing the sexiest actress ever. WTF were they thinking?

I agree, #2. I also think she doesn’t look anything like marilyn in this picture. The mouth is totally different.

stellartes @ 08/12/2011 at 7:46 pm

haha….all the people who said she wouldn’t pull it off playing MM…..well just look at her. can’t wait to see this movie!

Scarlett Johansson would be perfect for this movie.

Michelle is a much better actress than Marilyn, thats for sure. Scarlett would have been a poor choice. She can’t really absorb a character. I think Michelle will be good if she can capture both the wide eyed innocence and sleepy eyes of Marilyn in film.

Michelle is a very good actress, but I’m not sure I can get past her complete lack of resemblance to Marilyn Monroe. Her acting and makeup will have to be stellar-let’s see if she can pull this off.

Anonymous @ 08/12/2011 at 9:49 pm

@Ann:

Scarlett was offered the role, but she turned it down. (I think that’s what happened). Anyways, I’m glad Scarlett didn’t get the role. She may have the body, but her voice is way to deep. And she’s not really a great actress either.

I forget, but did Colin Clark (Eddie Redmayne’s character) have some sort of affair with Marilyn Monroe? And is that portrayed in this film?

Marilyn Mistake @ 08/13/2011 at 12:41 am

@laverdadduele:
Michelle Williams can’t become Marilyn Monroe. This movie will fail.
The only reason this loser actress gets acting roles is because she trapped Heath Ledger.
He would still be here today if he stayed away from her.
She brought nothing but trouble into his life. Heath was once a healthy sexy guy and he never found his real soulmate.
He decided to try dating her. That’s it. She decided to trap him.
I don’t care how many acting roles Michelle gets but what jackass would pick her to play Marilyn Monroe.

Hilarious #11. How long has Ledger been dead and this is STILL why she gets acting roles? I’m sure you won’t care when she gets nominated for another Best Actress Oscar either. Guess all those stupid producers that keep hiring her, directors that keep lauding her and actors that keep nominating her just don’t get it. Thank God you do. Gotta love nutcases. They make life more interesting.

@ Anna

From what I can recall from the book, yes Marilyn & Colin did have an affair (or so he said)

Boring Actress @ 08/13/2011 at 2:58 am

@Bobby:
She is not talented and she most certainly is not beautiful.
Her boring sex scenes is what you like Bobby.
It’s time for you to find a girlfriend.

S.J. is stolen biological material, taken against will and formed to clones line 200 pieces total. Sign of dangerous criminal activity. Original Scarlett Galabekian future pediatrician doctor, pediatrician nurse license she obtained in 2008

I can’t wait to see Eddie in this! He’s brilliant actor

You say that Michelle is not beautiful and is not a good actress but I think you are mistaken with Marilyn!
Sorry but I never understood the fascination with Marilyn, she wasn’t beautiful (maybe sexy) and she was a bad actress

Stop, they need to stop trying to remaking movies of Monroe…first Michelle is so skinny Maryln was shapely and had big boobs butt etc. etc…and a tiny waist….no one looks like her or has that wispy voice give me a freaking break. MM has been portrayed so many times, and no one has been able to capture the essence of the woman.

She maybe talented but she got NO sex appeal; its like the dorky-looking Anne Hathaway bagging the role of Catwoman – damn!

Emma Watson is also in this film

I like michelle, i hope it works out good! I think Leighton Meester could have played her also if look at Leighton with blonde hair she has a kind of marilyn look but maybe she’s a bit tall and Rachel Mcadams could have also.
Just my opinion.

@Marilyn Mistake:
Actually she filmed her role in Brokeback before Hollywood knew they were dating and she was nominated for that role. She gets attention because she is a damn good actor. I met and worked around both her and Mr.Ledger, they were/are amazing,kind and generous down to earth people. Heath would be so hurt by you and everyone dissing the mother of his child. There is never any “Trapping” of men. Heath was a mature adult, he knew pregnancy can result from sex, LOL! So very stupid, that theory. Your obviously not a real Heath Ledger fan by any means.

@me:
Jealous much?

Sorry, Michelle might be very talented, but this is bad casting imo – she looks zero like Monroe. They should have at least gotten someone with a similar-ish look and figure, even if that meant casting a newcommer.

Marilyn Mistake @ 08/14/2011 at 8:28 pm

@rosah:
You obviously don’t care to admit what DETAILS were involved regarding how this sick relationship started. You also don’t want to admit what happened during the relationship and what Heath went through after he dumped Michelle. So who are you to try and justify Michelle’s place in Hollywood and also to act like she was meant for Heath Ledger.
Since when is dating someone a reason to force a commitment on them? I heard Michelle was engaged when she started filming
Brokeback Mountain. She was with that person for years but I guess
she suddenly became irresponsible after dating Heath Ledger
for maybe four months? How could he spend time with her when he was in another country filming Casanova?
Excuse me but why did his life fall apart after she came into it?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All