Brad Pitt Starring in 'The Gray Man'?

Brad Pitt Starring in 'The Gray Man'?

Brad Pitt may be starring in the upcoming drama, The Gray Man, according to multiple reports.

The 47-year-old actor is in negotiations to play a CIA operative-turned-assassin in the James Gray-directed project.

The lead character, who is targeted by a powerful multinational corporation, “must fight his way across Europe and past special forces teams from around the world in order to save the life of his handler and the handler’s family,” Deadline reports.

Brad is currently filming the zombie movie, World War Z, in England.

WOULD YOU WATCH Brad Pitt in The Gray Man?

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

happy poppa pitt!!

the pinster @ 08/15/2011 at 6:26 pm

I will watch ANYTHING he is in, ANYTHING.

good for you mr pitt.

Hideous sunnies.

lookin good anjie’s baby poppa!

keep on workin poppa…got 7 mouths to feed!!!v

yeah, i’ll see this film if Brad Pitt is in it.

time’s not kind for jolie and pitt.. so sad…. they were super hot 6 years ago.. now? not so much

Love this sexy man :)

bless his heart and his family.

Brad is so hot in demand.

no, I refuse to pay for his movies when I can watch his real life play out for free in the tabloids and blogs. his tabloids life is all a major distraction from his movie characters.

Sounds like a very interesting project. Business is a booming for the J-P’s.
Shoutout to Neleh and NAN!

If he takes the role, he will shoot three movies back to back non stop.

Jen MANASTEALIN @ 08/15/2011 at 6:45 pm

Hell yeah i will watch it ! This is Brad ‘F*cking’ Pitt we are talking about.
Bring it on !

LOVE BRAD!! HOT, HOT, HOT!~!

Lucky Charm @ 08/15/2011 at 6:50 pm

Yes, I would definitely watch this – sounds exciting. Of course, anything with Brad Pitt would get a girl excited, lol!

the pinster @ 08/15/2011 at 6:52 pm

Pass, I guess it’s his fault there are so many people like you who would rather watch him try to have any kind of life rather than go see a piece of his work. How sad.

I think he should retire already.
As an actor, he has failed way too many times.
Enough. Go raise those kids..

You might remember that Brad Pitt and James Gray were set to team up for “The Lost City Of Z,” an adventure tale excitingly billed as a “Lawrence Of Arabia”-style epic, and naturally attracted buyers and massive interest around the world. But Paramount pulled the plug late last year with rumors that the studio and Gray couldn’t come to an agreement on pay. Pitt moved on to “Cogan’s Trade” and it seemed that was it. But it looks like the pair have found something else to team up on.
Earlier this year, Gray signed on direct the assassin thriller “The Gray Man,” and he had a very unique approach to what seems on the surface to be a very ordinary run through genre material. Based on the book by Mark Greaney and penned by Adam Cozad (who also wrote the upcoming Jack Ryan reboot for Paramount), the film follows a former CIA operative-turned ultimate assassin—the part Pitt is now lining up to play—who must fight his way across Europe, and past special forces teams from around the world in order to save the life of his handler and the handler’s family after he is targeted by a powerful multinational corporation. You’ve seen that movie before right? Well, not like this. Gray plans to shoot the film from the perspective of the assassin, citing the excellent car chase sequence from “We Own The Night” as an example of what audiences can expect from the film. “Almost every shot was from Joaquin’s point of view, inside that car, and I want to make a whole movie with that POV,” Gray said in January. So yeah, that’s awesome. Gray also stressed his film would be a far cry from the run-and-gun documentary vibe of Paul Greengrass’ Bourne films.
The project is set up over at 20th Century Fox with New Regency also on board, though there’s no word yet on when this will roll. However, we guess this means the period drama “Low Life,” announced in May with Joaquin Phoenix, Marion Cotillard and Jeremy Renner set to star, is on hold for now (and considering all those stars are busy with other projects, it didn’t seem like it was close to shooting anyway). As for Pitt, he’s currently shooting “World War Z” but has an open calendar after that so we could see this rolling at the end of 2011 or early next year. [Variety]

This sounds like my kind of movie. It goes on my “must see’ list.

bizzy bee @ 08/15/2011 at 7:10 pm

Glory be to the highest, and the fool just said no one wanted to see brad on the big screen,eat your words troll. papa Pitt rule.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 08/15/2011 at 7:12 pm

..Jason Bourne?!?

Is it just me, or is he starting to look a little rough around the edges. Usually father time is kind to men, but in his case, i”m not so sure.

He’s evolved to become a great actor (ie.. TCCBB, and Tree of Life) and has picked some interesting projects since he’s been with Angelina. This will be Brad’s 3rd movie in a row. It’s nice how they accommodate each other, if one person wants to do less movies or the other person has a movie that needs to get filming in sooner. I would love to see Angelina star in more roles (actually, it would be awesome for them to star in one more film together before their career run ends), but she did say in her recent interview with Financial Times, that acting is less important in her priorities now and she’s slowing down. Family, humanitarian goals, and other forms of artistic expression (ie… writing, directing) seem to be more her focus now. Brad, at least, is still actively taking on roles in front of the camera for us fans to watch and he’s got interesting mix of movies coming out soon. They are so talented and have so much to offer. Wish them the best!

bizzy bee @ 08/15/2011 at 7:16 pm

BRAD PITT IS THE MAN!!!!!!

Jen MANASTEALIN @ 08/15/2011 at 7:21 pm

@ JPS.
Totally agree.
Since he has been with Angelina, Brad who was a pretty boy, a popular actor with a great physique, has added STATURE.
He is becoming iconic, choosing better , more mature projects than his contemporaries like Tom Cruise or even Johnny Depp whose best projects were in the 90′s.
I like Brad’s career path. He makes movies that will go down as classic and he is a great producer, choosing great projects, again to produce. I think he is very smart.

angelina needs to get back to work! let her make a movie :)

@the pinster: it was his choice to date and marry famous women, sell photos to mags, and basically live very public relationships. when i try to watch one of his films on TV all i see is brad pitt. He never even changed his mannerisms. It’s annoying and distracting and bad for movie fans that want to get lost in a character/movie. Angelina has the right idea with directing. her fame was a distraction from her character movies too. glad to see Cleopatra seems to be off of her to do list.

poor jolie. he obviously is not on the same page as her doing fewer movie.
What happened to his “not playing until i’m 80 and there are many things i like to do beside acting”
is he running away from those 6 kids?does he remember he has kids too?

THE American flag flutters in the breeze and the street sign reads “JF Kennedy Boulevard”. The parked taxis are bright yellow and the draped posters promote the Philadelphia Philanthropic Foundation.
A quiet revolution was under way in Glasgow’s George Square yesterday – but the nasal whine of one spectator remained pure Clydeside: “Oi, where’s Brad?”

The news that Brad Pitt was coming to Glasgow to film scenes from his £120 million movie World War Z, in which he endeavours to save the world from an onslaught of flesh-eating zombies, has sparked the interest of much of the city, including Jane Taylor, who although disappointed that he had not yet arrived, is now relishing the prospect of Mr Pitt swaggering through the streets of her home town.

“Aye cannae wait, Here in Glasgow, him? Fantastic. I’ll be here on Wednesday morning to see him.”

Unfortunately Ms Taylor, 59, a former nanny, said she’d have to see him in the flesh as she would be too frightened to watch the finished film. “It’s a horror movie, with zombies, first I’d need to get myself a big strong man to cuddle up to.”

Yesterday, the transformation of Glasgow’s George Square and the surrounding streets into a cinematic representation of Philadelphia was under way. American street signs were erected, American cars driven in and a series of US-style pedestrian crossings painted in place.

Over the next two weeks a major sequence of the movie will be filmed in which the citizens of Philadelphia flee from a rampage of zombies.

A series of car crashes are set to take place at the corner of George Square and Brad Pitt’s character, Gerry Lane, a UN expert seeking an antidote to the zombie epidemic, will flee for his life.

The film, which is directed by Marc Forster, who made Quantum of Solace, is expected to pour more than £2m into the local economy with hundreds of local people brought in as extras for the crowd scenes, when filming begins tomorrow morning.

Among the many members of the public taking the opportunity to pose for pictures beside the American automobiles were Rosie McClune and Nicola Mason, both 25 and musicians.

Leaning against a black and white Philadelphia police car emblazoned with the motto: “Honor, Integrity, Service”, Ms McClune said: “It’s so exciting, it reminds me of when we went to New York.”

Ms Mason auditioned along with her boyfriend for one of the hundreds of roles, either as a lurching, brain-famished zombie, or a terrified commuter, but failed to secure a role as an extra, which is reportedly paying £150 per day.

“It’s a pity, it would have been great, but we’re still going to come down to see Brad.” The girls’ favourite Brad Pitt movie was Thelma & Louise – “Anything as long as he gets his top off.”

In an e-mail exchange with The Scotsman, Max Brooks, the author of the novel on which the film is based, said it was creepy to see Glasgow transformed into what started as a figment of his imagination. “Creepy to say the least. I started writing about zombies because they scare the hell out of me. Now my nightmares are coming to life? Weird.”

Mr Brooks, who will be flying into Scotland to watch the filming later this month, said he had fond memories of the country from previously working on a BBC documentary about the mountain rescue service.

“I remember how friendly the Scots were, and how nothing feels as good as a shot of scotch.”

He joked that sending Brad Pitt to the city was “the least I could do” and when asked what characteristics he thought a Scottish zombie would possess, replied: “I wouldn’t want to tangle with one, I can tell you that.”

The arrival of a big budget Hollywood movie has also delighted local businesses. At Fressh in Cochrane Street, the owner Nigel Glover said: “Everyone has just been so polite and helpful.” While round the corner at the Metro sandwich bar the staff have already invested in Brad Pitt T-shirts that declare: “We love Brad” and created a new sandwich in his honour.

Gillian Anderson, the owner, explained it was a panini with cheddar and chorizo sausage with salsa. “It’s hot and spicy, just like Brad,” she said.

So much for taking turns to work, i guess angelina is the one to sacrifice career for family

Brad chooses great projects. BRAVO Brad.

…’bourne’, ‘salt’, ‘the american’…always a day late…

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 08/15/2011 at 7:41 pm

..Ethan Hunt?!?

What about The Mission with David Russel? Brad has gotten too many offers. I will see any film he is in.

hey fug,

…yeah, him too…pitt fans don’t see other peoples film…they even think he invented fire…hahahahahahahahaha…

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 08/15/2011 at 7:48 pm

@cook: ..LMFBAO

I am looking forward to this film. It looks good.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 08/15/2011 at 7:55 pm

@awwww: ..”It looks good” ..LOL Have you already seen the trailer, set photos, or something?! ..Hahahahahahaa

Love Them @ 08/15/2011 at 7:59 pm

Love him, his films and his family.

Passing Through @ 08/15/2011 at 7:59 pm

Don’t do it, Brad! Unless there’s a role in it for Angie, too…that’d be pretty cool but too close to M&MS. Besides, this flick sounds like a variation on the Bourne movies Brad turned down 12 years ago. If this turns out to be true it may be because he just wants to work with James Gray and they can’t do anything with Lost City of Z unless Paramount puts it into turn-around and someone else picks up the rights and makes the movie.

You do understand that Brad doesn’t have to be a pretty boy anymore, right?
He’s becoming a real and great actor now, more like a super guide to lead his audience to a remarkable journey.

I cannot wait for MoneyBall to hit the theater!! It’s a great story about math! How the manager learned to us correlation to find promising players to win the game! Don’t want to tell you what I do for living, but really, this is the episode that ‘change the game’!

And I think all my colleagues would appreciate Brad for bringing this ‘nerdy’ aspect to the young audience!

soar to the great heights JPs.all good!

No I would not.
I want to see Brad stretch his abilities and play a vampire.

Jen MANASTEALIN @ 08/15/2011 at 8:13 pm

@ 46
He already did it 20 years ago with Cruise, in case you didn’t noticed !

i like see angie and brad together ?
I love her and he

I read Angie’s project is delayed, David Fincher is busy in other projects. Cleopatra won’t start until Fincher schedule is clear.

Jeez , Brad is in a real rutt isn’t he.

first and last post @ 08/15/2011 at 8:23 pm

Hey cook,
did you thumb down #43 PT’s post…naughty…I’m thumbing her back up because I was thinking the same thought…this could be a sequel to Mr&Mrs. Smith with a twist…different than the rest…a metaphoric comedy on a bickering assassin couple…none of the ones you mentioned were comedies.

who needs a pretty boy Brad, when Brad THE REAL MAN is the MAN!

first and last post,

…nah, not me…I don’t mess with those thumbs…

Just Sayin @ 08/15/2011 at 8:40 pm

He usually doesn’t repeat roles, he played assassin in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I guess the script must be really good.

Passing Through @ 08/15/2011 at 8:46 pm

I’m LMAO at this Deadline story on a new Jason Bateman project. I can’t beliieve he didn’t hold out for Ticky! How ironic is it that Jason Bateman can get movies greenlighted and Ticky can’t? BBBBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy Team For ‘The ID Theft’
By MIKE FLEMING | Monday August 15, 2011 @ 8:30pm EDT
BREAKING: Jason Bateman is attached to star with Bridesmaids’ Melissa McCarthy in the Universal comedy The ID Theft. Bateman is producing the comedy with Scott Stuber. Script’s by The Pursuit of Happyness scribe Steve Conrad with Craig Mazin rewriting. The premise was originally for a guy who gets his identity stolen by another guy, and it was written for Bateman and another actor. That changed after Bateman saw McCarthy’s scene stealing role in the summer hit Universal comedy Bridesmaids and he pushed for her to be the identity thief. This is meant to be McCarthy’s first film when Mike & Molly goes on hiatus, shooting in April 2012. Bateman has become an increasingly industrious producer, most recently setting up a movie deal for Under the Banner Of Heaven, the drama based on the Jon Krakauer non fiction book.

vickifromtexas @ 08/15/2011 at 8:47 pm

he is so sexy. his grin is so hot.

seriously @ 08/15/2011 at 9:04 pm

Brad’s career is hotter than ever.

Should Be Good @ 08/15/2011 at 9:13 pm

Whatever Brad does, the odds are it will be great- at least for me. I’ve really enjoyed almost every project he’s been involved in over the years, more so than any other artist- Angie is also in this category. Years back, I felt like that about Russell Crowe and a few others, but I’ve found that very few actors make “trustworthy” choices* in material as consistently as Brad & Angie. AOJJBTCRF was not just another western, IB was not just another ww 2 movie, TOL was not just another coming of age story, and the list goes on & on…thus, I agree that if Brad does an assassin/spy movie, it will be very special.

*of course, IMO- I’m not one who is 1st in line for the next Transformers, etc. I will also watch (on dvd) a bad movie if John Malkovich, PS Hoffman, or Sir Anthony are in it- just fast forwarding to the “good parts!

where angie?

Of course – I love spy films, and I’d watch anything Pitt does. I appreciate the choices he makes. And his family – fabulous!

just finished watching Brad in Snatch. Not the type of movie I would normally watch but Brad was great in it. Soo good, I think Damon said Brad should have won some awards for that movie, and I agree.

Braahhhhd @ 08/15/2011 at 9:59 pm

my little nephew has the same grin when he drops a fresh warm batch into his diapers

I’ll watch anything Brad Pitt is in. The only time I watched Friends was when Pitt guest starred.

love me some MR. PITT! i have seen every movie he and angie have been in since they have been together!!!!!

first and last post @ 08/15/2011 at 11:55 pm

OT for Orchid, and cook, skip if not interested.
re: #22 Orchid @ 08/15/2011 at 6:59 pm
“This sounds like my kind of movie. It goes on my “must see’ list.”
++++++++
my list too, Orchid. The director’s slant according to post #29 aka Variety, “Gray plans to shoot the film from the perspective of the assassin,” will make this movie very different from movies of the same genre.
Gray’s movie directing style sounds similar to Tom Clancy’s Sam Fisher Splinter Cell series books. They keep the reader on edge because it’s all from the characters POV aka what’s going through his mind when he’s hiding on a beam and enemy assassins are hunting him below or how he plots out his death by drowning in a car while being tracked by enemy special ops from above water.

re: 35 cook @ 08/15/2011 at 7:39 pm -20.
“…’bourne’, ’salt’, ‘the american’…always a day late”
+++++++
not so “cook”…I know you are being scathingly anti BP in your typically jealous seething mode and you do bore easily but find the positive, my friend…consider this…
Hunt works with a team only, Salt works inside the US, Bond’s era is the Cold War, Jack Ryan’s CIA active storyline spans late sixties to the turn of the century at age 49, the amnesiac Bourne IMO is a boring character, not edgy enough. (I’ve read all the Bourne books, liked them but the movies were blah…maybe it’s Damon with his boyish but uninteresting face.) Court Gentry, a.k.a. “The Gray Man,” is ex-CIA turned international assassin…and he works alone with current day situations including international political government coups and international corporate corruption meanwhile trying to evade special ops from different countries. (Note Greaney stole Clancy’s Sam Fisher’s master of Krav Maga idea…bummer.) In fact Greaney’s Court Gentry character is very similar to the Clancy Sam Fisher character.
I highly recommend Clancy’s Splinter Cell books…they are wonderful…can’t put down intrigue.
A professional writer friend once told me anyone can write but what makes a skilled writer a good writer is taking a boring subject matter and turning it around in how you write it and from what perspective to make it interesting for the reader…that makes a successful writer…ditto for movie directors. My point being…it’s all in the perspective and angle…narratives as in the Splinter Cell book series goes inside what the agent is thinking at any given moment…makes for intense reading and if Gray is planning this movie from the perspective of the assassin, this movie will be different from others. Just that perspective could make this a good movie.

hell yeah!Brad,cia assassin storyline this will be kickass!

heck I even watched the oceans film, with clooney and roberts in it because of brad including the mexican flick I think I it’s obvious that I will watch a movie w brad in it….lol

so tara weird got hitched after all….wonder who’s next?lol

This sounds cool. I’ll definitely see it. Don’t think we have seen Brad do anything like this yet.

The yummiest of yumm yumm .. Poppa Pitt .. I will watch Him in anything
Grey .. Red,, Pink .. Blue..,Yellow .. Green … A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G… as long as poppa Pitt …. ;-))))
Selamat malam … Blessings to all JPs fans around the World.

dark angel @ 08/16/2011 at 2:47 am

I only became a fan of Brad when he hooked up with Angie.

Anyways, good luck to the love of Angie’s life and the father of the bunch!

@Passing Through:

Melissa is HOT right now.. and everyone and their brother that does comedy would love to be in a film with her. Jason is a nice guy and all but he had a big FLOP with his film with Ryan. I like Jason, but I don’t go see films just because he is the lead.

Good that he is going into Producing. Funny how some people with a YEARS old Production Company doesn’t seem to be acquiring any new projects that I have seen.

Regarding Brad.. well Brad has not had a miss step career wise since he and Angie got together. Every single film has been an A+.. He has come into his own. Never repeating himself. I love how diverse the roles are. I love how he is not afraid to do something different. And the people he has been working with are all Amazing actors/directors.

so the hags need to check their STUPID at the door. Brad is doing amazing work on screen.

Yeah…the hags can talk about a lot of people being a hasbeen.. well that word is not adequate for out Brad..

@Passing Through: @busted:
>>>>>>>>>
LOL! I read what PT posted too and the best part of it was:
” Bateman is producing the comedy with Scott Stuber. Script’s by The Pursuit of Happyness scribe Steve Conrad with Craig Mazin rewriting. The premise was originally for a guy who gets his identity stolen by another guy, and it was written for Bateman and another actor. That changed after Bateman saw McCarthy’s scene stealing role in the summer hit Universal comedy Bridesmaids and he pushed for her to be the identity thief. ”
So, Bateman is producing the movie and presumably has some say over the casting. And he chooses to cast McCarthy because she is a scene stealer in Bridesmaid!.

——————————New Thread——————————-

brange fan from greece @ 08/16/2011 at 9:03 am

you can thumb me down but honestly, i am so disappointed with thid news.this means that angie will not be doing any movies this year so we cannot see her on the big screen next year also.no angie on the big screen for two years.i can’t take it.the biggest movie star on the planet ,forbes highest earning actress and most powerful actress no movies for 2 years.its really depressing.i thought they are taking turns, why is it that brad is making four movies in a row and angie zero.angie only made the tourist because its a gap of brad movie moneyball.i just hope brad should take a break now.its time for angie to do a movie.she has taken a long break already.have mercy on your fans angie please do a movie.i also love brad but i miss angie so much on the big screen.

no brad stop working! NEED: RETURN OF ANGELINA

i agree with #76 about wanting angelina to make a movie,but remember she is taking a break. and we know the public forget when she is breaking,we must remind them.

Ella Mcwan @ 08/20/2011 at 10:09 pm

He’s filming in SCOTLAND. Not in England.

Quite an important distinction.

Ella Mcwan @ 08/20/2011 at 10:09 pm

He’s filming in SCOTLAND. Not in England.

Quite an important distinction.