Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Poster!

Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Poster!

Check out Gerard Butler in the poster for his upcoming action movie, Machine Gun Preacher!

The 41-year-old Scottish actor stars as Sam Childers in the Marc Forster-directed flick, which will hit theaters September 23.

PIC: Gerard Butler in Machine Gun Preacher – First Look!

“Sam is a guy of our times,” Gerard previously told USA Today about his character, a former drug-dealer who found God and became a crusader for hundreds of Sudanese children who’ve been forced to become soldiers.

“There is more complexity in a modern-day character who’s a drug addict and a biker turned businessman, missionary, and soldier. You don’t get roles like this very often,” he added.

Bigger pic inside

gerard butler machine gun preacher poster

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

I don’t get it at all. What is it about this guy? He does nothing for me.

wow, that’s when he USED to look hot!!

YAY!! Jared referred to G as “Scottish actor” rather than “Scottish stud”! This is a good sign!

No there’s the man we know and love…

Oops… Now…. there’s the man we know and love…

Wow, looking good, GB back in the days where he looked like a stiff breeze wouldn’t knock him over. Got high hopes for this film.

The kid is cute

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 08/15/2011 at 7:38 pm

..Another bad movie.

@Huh: I ask myself the same thing. But you better watch what you say about GB on these threads. You’ll get 20 thumbs down and obese cat ladies coming after you.

This is actually supposed to be a critics’ darling – even Oscar buzz surrounding Gerard’s performance! Can’t wait! Finally, a film to capture the subtle nuances of the man and the actor! I hope the public goes to see it! Go Gerard!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/15/2011 at 8:18 pm

Manny, I’m sorry about your loss and in honor of your son, let’s call a truce. At the very least we don’t have to speak to one another. Do the memory of your son proud and stop with the all the childish zinging and berating. Deal?
Now, back on topic, love the poster! Can’t wait to see a trailer!

A trailer puleeese.

Enough Already @ 08/15/2011 at 8:24 pm

@Latesummer’s Eve: Nice of you to say this. I’m not sure why everyone needs to bicker and put others down here. It would be nice to just talk about Butler and his career for a change.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/15/2011 at 8:26 pm

@Enough Already:

That’s why we come here afterall! I totally agree!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/15/2011 at 8:30 pm

@legends:

I hope the public goes to see it too. My only fear is that many don’t agree with Sam’s prinicples and use of violence and some even say why not start by helping kids in your own back yard. Of course, there is no comparing the two situations. We’ll just have to see how it all plays out.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/15/2011 at 8:31 pm

@Sharp:

Yes they did and that’s a good thing but he’ll still always be our little Scottish stud! LOL!

MAN-FACE Pippa Middleton @ 08/15/2011 at 8:41 pm

This movie looks ridiculous. Who the hell wants to see this bag of dung?
To whomever asked…ARE you kidding me??
Truly…We are just ‘humoring’ that Brooke character LOL! None of us believe her, it’s just fun ‘getting her goat.’

I know who he’s f*cking…and it AIN’T Brooke nor her imaginary friend
….

cant wait to see this movie

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/15/2011 at 8:57 pm

Some just can’t stand it when people are congenial. LOL!

Manny and Maggie left you a post on the last thread.♥♥

He looks amazing in this photo. My biggest concern about this film is that it deals with a conservative Christian pastor, and at the moment society is not too fond of that demographic. Lets just hope that Gerry’s performance and the script make MGP a moving and worthwhile experience for people in general. I am very excited to see this film!

(in other news, I just became a first time Grandma to a baby girl! So excited!)

Swannie

Oh Lord, not another one.@Ha – well give the name or you are just going to classed the same as “the other one”.Some people really need to get out more.lol.
——————————————————————————————–
Really looking forward to seeing this movie (MGP) .
——————————————————————————————–

@Manny & @Maggie PU
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All