Tom Hardy: 'Warrior' Interview with Vanity Fair

Tom Hardy: 'Warrior' Interview with Vanity Fair

Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton sit down with Vanity Fair‘s Krista Smith to talk about their upcoming action flick, Warrior, in this new video interview from Comic-Con.

The 33-year-old English actor couldn’t share much about The Dark Knight Rises but talked about the crazy training schedule for Warrior!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Tom Hardy

“Two hours of open weights, two hours of jujitsu, two hours of boxing, two hours of choreography…six days a week!” Tom dished. “We did that for about ten weeks before we started shooting and then we were shooting six day weeks as well.”

Warrior hits theaters on September 9.

Tom Hardy & Joel Edgerton Talk ‘Warrior’

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

Tom Hardy and his shoe obsession will never die!!! LOL.

Jack Easton @ 08/15/2011 at 3:46 pm

I remember first being introduced to Tom Hardy in the underappreciated ‘Star Trek: Nemesis’ (2002) but the world took no notice of him until the last couple of years. He is now the first actor to appear in and play a villain in a Batman and Star Trek movie – my two favourite movie franchises. He is doing some amazing films now -

Warrior, This Means War, The Dark Knight Rises, Mad Max: Fury Road, Mad Max: Furiosa, etc.
He fought Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) in Star Trek: Nemesis.
He fights fellow Star Trek alumni Chris Pine (James Kirk) in This Means War.
He fights Christian Bale (Batman/Bruce Wayne) in The Dark Knight Rises.

Fun Devil @ 08/15/2011 at 4:51 pm

@Jack Easton: You are right, what most people don’t realize is that it takes years to be taken seriously as an actor. I’ve met hundreds of actors and I can say from experience that only 1/500 are as dedicated as him. Watch the video when they talk about training. Most actors out there would have quit the training after one hour and then got fired from the production.

All the glory that is coming Tom Hardy’s way is well deserved.

Damn, Captain Picard’s clone has put on some muscle since he played that skinny character. Check out his abs for the poster of Warrior. I have the same six pack but it’s several hundred sit-ups on the decline chair with a dumbbell on my chest. Like I said he’s fashioned himself mentally and physically to be the ultimate…

Fun Devil! @ 08/15/2011 at 4:59 pm

I got abs like his within the last four weeks!

You already have to have a thin waste. If you have a beer gut then it might be impossible. Then it’s all hard core weight lifting and pain while doing sit ups with a weight on your chest and on the decline. I love pain, it tells me I’m aliveeeeee. :)

he should do all of his interviews without shirt from now on!

I first became aware of Tom Hardy’s great acting ability when I saw him in ‘The Take’ and I have been an avid fan ever since.

Maddy Addison @ 08/15/2011 at 5:20 pm

Tommy’s smile is so contagious – he’s adorable yes but so seriously talented. He’s a treasure!!

Maddy Addison @ 08/15/2011 at 5:20 pm

Maddy Addison @ 08/15/2011 at 5:20 pm

I need that Warrior T-shirt that Tom’s putting on!!!!!