Abercrombie Will Pay The Situation to Not Wear Its Clothes

Abercrombie Will Pay The Situation to Not Wear Its Clothes

Abercrombie & Fitch is offering money to Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino – not to model its clothes but rather to stop wearing them.

“We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino‘s association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans,” the clothing brand said in a statement.

The 29-year-old Jersey Shore star has been known to wear Abercrombie & Fitch on the MTV show, most recently a pair of neon green sweatpants.

“We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino and the producers of MTV’s Jersey Shore to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response,” the press release added.

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Abercrombie & Fitch‘s offer to The Situation?

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

LOL…genius advertising!

Moral of the story: suck at something SO BADLY that someone will offer you money not to associate with them.

First World entitlement: you’re doing it right.

Hahahaha that’s funny, except that they would pay him, please don’t

Because I Can. @ 08/17/2011 at 12:59 am

“could cause significant damage to our image.” We all know douchebags like the wear Ed Hardy anyway, so no loss of revenue for you.

sourpatch575 @ 08/17/2011 at 1:08 am

Abercrombie is shizz anyway

While I despise the “Situation” and his general idiocy, I think it is wrong for Abercrombie & Fitch to do such a thing. The Situation is free to wear whatever he wants to wear.

HA! Ouch…

This is just because the situation doesn’t fit the “stereotypical” abercrombie & fitch wearer…so basically he isn’t a white male jock.

….their statement is complete rubbish

Lol soo sad on both accounts.
A. That they dont want to be associated with this loser that they are actually willing to pay you NOT to wear their clothes, how majorly offensive is that?
B. Abercrombie thinking their clothes are that special, seriously take a chill pill abercrombie, your clothes are not that special to begin with and revenue is revenue.

A&F lost it’s luster after getting sued by many non-white minorty groups for discrimination. Mike Sorentino didn’t tarnish your image A&F, YOU did!

ahhhhhhhh. I never heard of a band paying someone NOT to wear their clothes. That tells you something about BOTH parties. :I

Its like a store going out in their mall and being like ‘okay you can come in, but sorry not you’ abercrombie has issues.

customer: “hi id like to buy these”
abercrombie: “sorry I cannot sell those items to you, i dont like your look, go drop 15 pounds and get a spray tan, frost the tips of your hair, come back and we’ll see”

I am haven’t worn or shoped at A&F in 5 years plus…where’s my check ??

lovelydee @ 08/17/2011 at 1:22 am

This is way too funny.

abercrombie fan @ 08/17/2011 at 1:22 am

Thank god, as a huge abercrombie fan, I was like majorly distressed, like losing sleep distressed! Can you even believe it, like losing sleep!?

laverdadduele @ 08/17/2011 at 1:25 am

LOL no one wants to be associated with this worthless POS.

This is just absolutely crazy, no matter how much I dislike the situation.

idk what all yall are talking about, but i think that the situation and his jersey shore friends are EXACTLY the type to wear abercrombie stuff. its all trashy label abs are everything clothing– when did abercrombie get all high and mighty?

Abercrombie is GROSS. and let him wear whatever he wants.

Mrs_Fuzzybee @ 08/17/2011 at 1:53 am

That is awesome. Although I don’t think A&F has a good image to begin with this could be a start if they can get them to stop wearing their brand.

I’ll one up A&F and pay all of them to STOP BREATHING FOREVER.

A&F used to sell a t-shirt that said “The Fitchuation” on it so why the hell are they so against the Jersey Shore cast wearing their clothing now? So dumb.

rahrahrah @ 08/17/2011 at 2:01 am

UM Abercrombie and Fitch used to sell shirts that said “The Fitchuation” “Gym Tan and Laundry” and “What happens in Jersey stays in Jersey” AnF is ridiculous.

I think The Situation is a gross scumbag and would represent the company well. lol

PS. I used to work for abercrombie and I loved it because my coworkers were hilarious but the brand sucks.

@Bryony: He’s free to wear whatever he wants, BUT he’s paid to NOT to wear something he wants……I would take the latter

Excellent marketing ploy. Many will start taking more notice of this brand.

Okay, with that out of the way, can someone now please pay him to stop living in the world. Thanks.

That company is racist PERIOD..

Does anybody older than junior high students wear A & F anymore anyway?

Cant stand the Situation but…

Is Abercromboe and Fitch faltering that badly that they need this marketing ploy to garner more attention?

Who wears Abercrapie anyway, other than broke white trash folks who can’t afford real clothing? LOL, like Abercrombie has any sort of positive image amongst those with sense and style. Gross.

Abercrombie & Fitch? Hahahahah

Havent heard of that label in forever!! Reminds me when I was in junior high, in flyover country!

I wouldnt be caught dead wearing that crap anymore.

@abercrombie fan: LOL I just feel off my chair… does no one else get the sarcasm?

Heheh :)

Naughties @ 08/17/2011 at 4:19 am

Really really stupid move from A&F … this only makes them look worse.

Really stupid from a&f.

@anon12:
if abercrombie preferred their customers to have spray tan, be overweight, and frost their hair then they WOULD want the kids of jersey shore to wear their clothes (especially snookie)
=)

That’s what I call desperate advertising from A&F. You can’t select who to wear your clothes and who not to. If you don’t want to be available for EVERYONE then just close your stores. Only huge designers can select who to design to and who not, and yet they can’t tell anyone not to buy from their regular stores. A&F needs to learn a lot about respecting their clients.

this is just too funny to even be taken seriosly.

Very good points, sorry situation maybe just take more steriods and wear white trash instedad of abercrombie

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 08/17/2011 at 9:07 am

..That’s so funny and fcuked up on so many levels. Hahahahahahaaaaa..

happybdayddub @ 08/17/2011 at 9:24 am

interesting.

A&F REALLY mad a bad call. Mike, Wear thier Crap Every chance you get, Don’t take the Money, I will watch your show, and Never buy One thing from A&F gain, Ever.

Me thinks Abercrombie just wants attention and using Mike to get it.

@lacey:

That person did say DROP 15 pounds…

it’s stupid. by the situation wearing their clothes on TV it makes them money, because for whatever reason he has fans. so if they see him in a&f they’ll want it too. it’s really a win/win for their brand because of the exposure.it’s really distasteful for the brand to show apparent prejudices. even if the cast members completely suck. money is money & as long as they’re getting theirs it shouldn’t be a problem.

Are they kidding they are such a trashy brand, remember the catalogue which contained pics of nude teens (which is against the law I thought) they’re advertising is and always has been based in sex that’s why I would never where it, the situation is exactly the type of person who likes them so I hope he and everyone on Jersey shore where’s them they fit like a glove.

@ brandon ‘where’ its ‘wear’, but nice try. Tool

Markymark2112 @ 08/17/2011 at 12:16 pm

I think they are just doing this to get more advertising for free, I bet they take back their offer and are just doing this for free publicity

While I hate Jersery Shore and think they need to be dropped off on a secluded island never to be seen again, I highly doubt them wearing this brand is going to impact sales.

Hey A+F!! Why don’t you take the little girl’s push up bra off the shelves bc that’s why your sales are going to go down. That’s tent imes more offensive then some meathead wearing your brand.

@Murray: A tool is someone who likes A&F sounds like you loser, hope there are no spelling mistakes or furry murray will have a conniption

A+F are on the same level as Ed Hardy

Douchewear but for white people!

ABERCROMBIE & BITCH @ 08/18/2011 at 12:35 am

boycott the co

ABERCROMBIE & BITCH @ 08/18/2011 at 12:50 am

@LOL:
@Bryony: Let them change it to Abercrombie & *****

ABERCROMBIE & BITCH @ 08/18/2011 at 12:50 am

@LOL:
@Bryony: Let them change it to Abercrombie & *****

ABERCROMBIE & BITCH @ 08/18/2011 at 12:51 am

@Bryony: Let them change it to Abercrombie & *****

ABERCROMBIE & BITCH @ 08/18/2011 at 12:51 am

@Bryony: Let them change it to Abercrombie & *****

ABERCROMBIE & BITCH @ 08/18/2011 at 12:51 am

@Bryony: Let them change it to Abercrombie & *****

A&F is the most disgusting clothing store in America and Jersey Shore very well could be the worst TV show.
How do we get to the place where this store with its filthy marketing tactics and its wierdo CEO are a major topic anyways? exploiting young girls and promoting ONLY their look of metrosexuality among extrememely skinny, petite, boyish figures. As a parent I prohibit anything from this store from enetering my home. A happy day will be when AF is out of business.

very very crazy…………………………….ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this is stupid. wear whatever the hell you want, shut up A&F we can think for ourselves.