Gerard Butler: 'Coriolanus' Poster

Gerard Butler: 'Coriolanus' Poster

Check out the just released poster for Gerard Butler‘s upcoming film Coriolanus.

Here is the synopsis (via THR): The film follows Caius Martius “Coriolanus” (Ralph Fiennes), a powerful Roman general, who is at odds with the city of Rome. When he seems the esteemed position of Consul, he lacks the votes and love of the public needed to win the title. His anger at the public’s dislike of him causes a riot that leads to his expulsion from Rome. Coriolanus is forced to turn to his sworn enemy, Tullus Aufidius (Butler), for the help he needs to take revenge on the city.

In case you missed it, check out the trailer for Coriolanus, which also stars Jessica Chastain, Vanessa Redgrave, and Brian Cox.

Bigger poster pic inside…

gerard butler coriolanus poster

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All

I will watch this for everyone else but Gerry. I just hope he doesn’t ruin it.

Swannie

The trailer looks good, but I’m not digging this poster.

Drive Bye @ 08/17/2011 at 9:29 pm

I’m not sure if that’s the most enticing poster. It certainly conveys that these two men will confront each other. What I am impressed with is that Oscar Winner Fiennes has put Butler on the Poster as a shared billing. Very generous that.

I actually really like this one. It’s stark and bold at the same time. Very dramatic.

it looks similar to the deathly hallows poster with him and daniel randcliffe.

Waaaaah can we stop with the “3 new Gerry threads a day”?? I can’t keep up!
Meanwhile, I am REALLY looking forward to this movie…

The Noise In The Walls @ 08/17/2011 at 10:09 pm

@Sharp..I have to agree…#4..
From an artistic view..Yes…I like that it’s bold and stark…:)

My list of “must-see movies” gets longer. I’ve liked Ralph Fiennes since Schindler’s List.

Ever notice how they always cast British actors to play Romans and Ancient Greeks, but never any actual Italians or Greeks?

too bad...... @ 08/17/2011 at 10:22 pm

……..no one will see it except his fans

too bad...... @ 08/17/2011 at 10:22 pm

……..no one will see it except his fans

too bad...... @ 08/17/2011 at 10:22 pm

……..no one will see it except his fans

voldemort vs gerard butler

Poster is good, trailer is great can not wait to see it

dumb gerard @ 08/17/2011 at 11:01 pm

gerard looks like he’s going to snog ralph
which i am sure he’d (gerard) love

this movie will stink and sink like the other crocks of whole raw sh*t this fool is in this coming movie season.
F-Lister = Gerard Butler
~Pais

Fornicate with Models Only GB! @ 08/17/2011 at 11:06 pm

@Winter Haven: a novel:
ITALIANS AND GREEKS ARE 400% HOTTER than any English man or woman could ever be on their best day.
English/Irish/Scottish people are generally very UGLY/basic-looking.
I mean we are talking about people who think Pippy and Kate Middleton (2 manfaces with no a&&) are attractive.
I have Greek and Armenian background. I have very exotic looks. I lucked out in that department.

Stinky P.U. @ 08/17/2011 at 11:21 pm

He is holding in a farting in that picture haha

@Paisley:
As opposed to ‘cooked sh*t?’ I presume?

@Swansong:
Gerry will ruin it. I’ll be watching for Ralph: someone who can actually ACT.
~Pais

Passing Through @ 08/17/2011 at 11:27 pm

Hmm…reading the posts…I thought this guy had a lot of fans? Guess not.

@ Winter Haven : The Novel…its the accent that the british have that win them these types of roles…but I agree..its a Greek story..the Greeks should be used…its like the old westerns from years ago….the English, Scottish, Italians and the Irish settled the old west but the roles mostly went to american speaking actors so that their speech patterns could be understood by everyone..I’m quite sure that the people that immigrated to American did not all start talking in a american accent as soon as they hit the shores of America..

postwatcher @ 08/18/2011 at 12:01 am

Who was the idiot that cast Gerry. He is going to spit and spittle his way thru the dialogue and ruin the movie.

I like this poster too! It has gotten my attention.You can tell that their is some tension between them.

juliet of the spirits @ 08/18/2011 at 12:25 am

Fiennes may have thought it was good marketing for the story or he was given a push by the producers/distributors.

Gerry will pull in the general audience that Ralph can’t for this type of movie. That is why he is on the poster and gets that kind of billing. Others in the cast are just as central to the story, but their names above the title do not bring in the $$$ Gerry potentially can.

Some younger male fans will look at that and say, oh good, action movie. I might see that!

Having said that, hopefully G will make the most of his part in this. He certainly looks good in all the photo releases .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All