Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Trailer!

Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Trailer!

Check out the trailer for Gerard Butler‘s newest movie, Machine Gun Preacher!

The 41-year-old Scottish stud stars in the inspirational true story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds an unexpected calling as the savior of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Earlier in the week, the film’s poster was released!

Machine Gun Preacher, directed by Marc Forster, will hit the big screen on September 23.

‘Machine Gun Preacher’ Trailer

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 731 » Show All

Wow. Just wow. Now I REALLY want to see it.. :D

Mr. Giggles @ 08/18/2011 at 10:39 pm

Hell …… even I’m impressed !!!!!

men of God don’t kill.

GerryLover @ 08/18/2011 at 10:43 pm

Excellent!!

sounds like he uses his natural accent

@CorBlimey: The JJ Gerard Butler threads have been buzzing. I left you reply on the last thread.

cubedweller @ 08/18/2011 at 10:56 pm

Stunning trailer – can’t wait for the film. He’s really got a strong cast in this, and it looks like it all came together. Congrats, Butler.

@campbell:
I hope that comment was tongue-in-cheek. You do realise that more wars have been started over religion than anything else, don’t you???
@LLL:
Thanks, LLL!! I’ll go and have a look. Here’s hoping that you are having a good day? :D

cubedweller @ 08/18/2011 at 10:59 pm

@scottish: He’s actually using Sam’s rural multi-state accent. If you google Sam, you can find film where he speaks. His grammar is quite interesting :P.

@cubedweller:

Thank you, I was trying to figure out what he was using.

The Noise In The Walls @ 08/18/2011 at 11:08 pm

The trailer looks awesome!! Congrats to the cast and crew!! Gerry’s performance looks great!!

Campbell #3..
I hate to say this but..take a look at
David and Goliath…. the Giant
Moses and the parting of the Red Sea and all the Eqyptains that drowned..
The Bible has many killngs…

@LLL:
“What a treat…nice to come home and see Gerard!!!..right?? Well…see Gerard Butler in the “Machine Gun Preacher” movie preview. I hope you had a great/fun holiday.”
Well, you know, it would be nice to come home and see Gerard all the time – *winks* – but I’ll settle for a trailer for the new movie. My holiday was lovely and relaxing, thank you – just what I needed. :D
¬¬¬¬¬
I’m hoping it is as good as Hotel Rwanda in laying out just how horrific the situation is over there. Last year, I had four months off between jobs to do some volunteer work, and really wanted to go the Sudan, but because I’m a younger female, I was advised against it. I went to Cambodia instead. I know that this is Hollywood’s version of the story, but if it gets enough people interested and, well, angry that this kind of thing is happening, then it can only be good for the situation. George Clooney and most of the fellas from the Ocean’s Eleven movie created NOOW (Not on our watch), and then John Prendergast has the Enough project as well – both very interesting causes to support, or even just join up on the mailing list for regular information on what’s happening over there. Just in case anyone is interested…

i cant wait cant wait cant wait he looks great and he sounds a little southener wow he looks good and the trailer looks awesome did i say I CANT WAIT to c this movie

With a quick glance at the picture, I thought it was David Arquette. My bad.

i will be watching this for sure !

@kelly:
LMAO.. just a wee bit excited there, Kelly? I hear you, mate! :P

Maggie P.U. @ 08/18/2011 at 11:30 pm

Just watched the trailer for MGP…NOW!!! this is what I am talkin
about!!! This is the type of movie Gerry needs to do…no comrom’s down and out from the heart REAL movies….. LAC, 300 and now MGP and Corinalous (sp). Just keep doin’ it G….. don’t change the formula!!!

Peace.

MPU

sockpuppet @ 08/18/2011 at 11:38 pm

and his early ones: One More Kiss, The Jury (British mini-series), Shooters, and Dear Frankie.

@CorBlimey: Yeah… a lot of fan excitement about MGP on the threads. My vote goes to GFW for most enthusiastic post…

“GFW @ 08/18/2011 at 7:57 pm OhMYGod what a trailer! (read: just placed at my blog) That is arm-chair gripping f’n incredible. It is. So watchable. So engaging. So compelling. So necessary. So WELL ACTED. This is unbelievably amazing. Whoever put this together, they have Gerry’s best interests at heart. Someone did help him…. when you cry out like that it gets heard. It does. ~K”

This is her post from the previous JJ Gerard Butler thread. I could feel her excitement jumping right off the printed page. She was really cute and funny.

I am very excited about this movie…looks like Gerry does a wonderful job as Sam. He’s got that dropping ‘g’ and ‘cha’ thing down pat…goin’, fishin’, get cha. lol

DOGGIE DO PARTY HAHA @ 08/18/2011 at 11:46 pm

VAN HELSING HAS DOGGIE DOO ON HIS SHOES!!!!!!!! HAHAHA

LOVE,
WATCH!!!!!! HAHAHAHAA FUNNY!!!!!! HAHAHA

Maggie P.U. @ 08/18/2011 at 11:48 pm

@18 Socks- oh yeah especially Dear Frankie…Love Love LOVED IT!!!

Peace.

MPU

@Maggie P.U.: It is pretty great…isn’t it? It is nice to see the posters in one accord. All in all, the Gerard Butler Fan Clan is pretty much a great bunch. When in comes down to it…we all want to see to see Gerard doing well and making great films.

AWESOME! Tears in my eyes, heart racing, gotta see this movie!!!!
And this shite is still going on!

Childers himself first watched the movie Thursday afternoon. He acknowledged that it has a slight Hollywood spin to it, but said he was pleased with the overall telling.

“To be honest with you, I was satisfied with what they did,” Childers said. “The truth was shown enough to make everything all right.”

His son-in-law, Justin Wirick, said the film struck a chord with him because he has visited the Sudan orphanages on mission trips several times during the past six years.

“Some of the parts really hit you. I teared up a couple of times just because the stuff in the movie has actually happened and I’ve seen pictures of it,” Wirick said. “They portrayed everything in the movie very well.”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 731 » Show All