Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Trailer!

Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Trailer!

Check out the trailer for Gerard Butler‘s newest movie, Machine Gun Preacher!

The 41-year-old Scottish stud stars in the inspirational true story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds an unexpected calling as the savior of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Earlier in the week, the film’s poster was released!

Machine Gun Preacher, directed by Marc Forster, will hit the big screen on September 23.

‘Machine Gun Preacher’ Trailer

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 731 » Show All

The MGP trailer seems to be getting lots of hits/plays on many sites… Word must be getting around.

With my first viewing, I teared up a lot, because it looks like Gerry has a role he could sink his teeth into! After seeing several of Sam’s videos, I feel that Gerry is capturing Sam’s energy without making it too much like a caricature. For personal reasons, I know this film is going to move me, and I’m so happy that it seems to have all come together for him in this one!

Swannie

@BBB:
“He acknowledged that it has a slight Hollywood spin to it, but said he was pleased with the overall telling.”
I don’t think Childer’s one to mince words, so if he’s said it’s only a slight spin, then that is encouraging. Good praise for the movie as a whole.

What accent is he supposed to have? It’s all over the place.

@Accent:
I’m not so worried about the accent – at least he tries to adapt his strong Scottish brogue for his roles. I find movies like The Man in the Iron Mask far more offensive to my ears – Leo’s annoyingly nasal American twang up against British accents and French accents and whatever the heck kind-of-accent John Malkovich has (they were all supposed to be French). I just want to focus on the story, because I think this movie could be brilliant.

SHORTHAIRGALTHEBOUNTYHUNTER @ 08/19/2011 at 1:23 am

WELL DONE GERRY!
XOX

sockpuppet @ 08/19/2011 at 1:41 am

I think he is back in L.A.

“I just talked to Gerard Butler…I’m shaking we shook hands” http://twitter.com/#!/JillMcInnis

Not my kind of movie – the wife character and the ginger are real ugly

So nice to see him in his element. Such an amazing…man.
;)

This is so BEAUTIFUL, it Brought tears to my eyes

And the oscar goes to ……It is me or is Gerry just getting better and better……..Can´t wait to see this movie………….

CorBlimey @ 08/19/2011 at 2:09 am

@Fool X 2:
Actually, ‘she’ can stay here and you can go jump in the lake with ‘he’.. and all the rest of the trolls in here at the moment..

Or Brooklyn Deckers tallness with Beyonce’s tan.
And Beyonces butt but Brooklyn’s athletic like long legs.

CorBlimey @ 08/19/2011 at 2:15 am

@CorBullsh*t:
Awwwww.. you’re so funny.. :D

GBGAL SINCE '09 @ 08/19/2011 at 2:15 am

Hate to say this…and I know I’m going to punch myself later but….
The trolls actually add a stupid but funny dimension to the boards here that wouldn’t exist otherwise…we’d all be a big Gerard lovin, gag me with a spoon group…the trolls well…remind us that not everyone thinks he’s the bees knees. lol

CorBlimey @ 08/19/2011 at 2:30 am

@GBGAL SINCE ‘09:
I respectfully disagree. The people who frequent this place (who are not trolls) are able to criticise Gerard plenty. There are very few people here who believe that the wonderful world of Gerard is full of, as Manny says, rainbow-farting unicorns. I find very little benefit in random stupidity, or in pretending to be other posters in order to stir up trouble, or in attacking others for no reason other than the troll’s apparent boredom and/or personal issues. But that’s the great thing about being an adult in a world where there is some semblance of freedom of speech – we don’t have to agree.

CorButtlick @ 08/19/2011 at 2:33 am

@CorBlimey:
You belong on a fan board…try GALS or the pantry.

CorBlimey @ 08/19/2011 at 2:38 am

@phaggggettes:
@CorButtlick:
Why don’t you just stick to one name? It’s pretty obvious you’re all the same person. Please explain to me how a rational conversation with no name-calling makes you think I “suck a**” or “belong on a fan board” – if you can manage it… Oh, and have a lovely day, “both” of you ;D

This is from the previous blog , but a point I would like to make

The only reason I bring up the point of “alpha” is because Gerard has made it a point in a couple of interviews that Mr. Childers is, in fact, an “alpha, alpha male” and I quote, only because, I think it was a bit difficult for Gerard to have, ummm… lack of better words, step down, although, broader, taller and, all together larger than Sam, there was, no doubt, that, Sam could take him down in a New York minute, no prob! I would hope that you agree it takes a tremendous amount of mindful, inner strength and EGO to achieve what Sam has or he would be dead!
With respect to Gerard, I think ,he has, somewhat, of that, anger? Only to bring “the character” to life on the big screen. Don’t we all have a certain degree of anger we want to unleash? OT, I mean there are some peoples ass I want to kick from high school!
@CorBlimey:

@CorBlimey: When you post here you take a risk that you will get sarcastic comments, thank you for being kind, don’t feed the trolls…♥

Try sitting ina office allday @ 08/19/2011 at 4:58 am

I can’t wait 2 see this movie – so brave of GB to take on this role.
Does anyone know how I find out when this movie gets released in Australia?

Wow can’t wait to see this movie ( and Coriolanus). His accent is’nt really that bad,Bless him.I think 2012 may be Gerry’s year.
——————————————————————————————–
BTW that tweeter (Jill) managed to get a pic.
yfrog.com/kfoq5bcj

CorBlimey @ 08/19/2011 at 5:47 am

@Try sitting ina office allday:
I’ve got no idea, but if you find out, can you please post it here? Not that we’ll get it straight away anyway – we’ve only got an old drive in that shows one new movie a week! But, finger’s crossed, we get this one when it’s out..

Mellifera @ 08/19/2011 at 5:57 am

Another thread?? Well, I was kinda expecting it after the MGP trailer came to light on the last thread. I just wish we could get a good thread going without all the fly-by-night trolls posting rubbish just because the topic is on JJ’s front page. But then, I always have been a fussy b!tch, lol.
@CorBlimey: I agree with you on this one! I don’t mind if people come here to gush about Gerry like lovesick puppies, or if they have a more reserved opinion of him. But random, stupid comments about f@rting and
obvious b!tchy baiting comments are so darned tedious.
PS thanks for your comments, you pretty much always have something well-thought out to say ;-)

Try sitting ina office allday @ 08/19/2011 at 6:45 am

@CorBlimey: okay i will post on here if i find out. Which part of oz are from ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 731 » Show All