Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Trailer!

Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Trailer!

Check out the trailer for Gerard Butler‘s newest movie, Machine Gun Preacher!

The 41-year-old Scottish stud stars in the inspirational true story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds an unexpected calling as the savior of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Earlier in the week, the film’s poster was released!

Machine Gun Preacher, directed by Marc Forster, will hit the big screen on September 23.

‘Machine Gun Preacher’ Trailer

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1031 » Show All
a question @ 08/20/2011 at 12:26 am

The subject matter, Sudanese children, is one that will certainly have the Academy’s attention. The trailers are fantastic. It speaks volumns for Gerry’s chances.

@Mellifera:
Same to you, Melli. I was really only watching when you were here before the, uh, “renovation” of Christchurch, but I always enjoyed yours, and the other regs, posts. It’s what made me start writing here. Where I live, my social network is rather limited, so I count you guys as friends – which may seem odd to most of you, but what is a social network really but a group of girls that you can gab about hot guys with? LMAO *hugs*
@Try sitting ina office allday:
I’m from the East Kimberley, up the top of Western Australia. I think I read somewhere that you’re a Melbournite, so that makes me about 4000kms from you. In the middle of bl00dy nowhere. :D
I’m not sure that we’ll get MGP – we recently had the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and I daresay we’ll have the Harry Potter movie soon-ish (else the kids will all rebel), but our drive in closes down over the wet season (October through April). If it’s released during that time, we won’t get it. But I think I could make a trip into town to watch it at an actual cinema – it’s only 500kms away.. :P

@lolita:
*Hugs* to you too, my dear.. :D

I know someone who is very excited about Butler’s star rising…they can share it together.
Besides. She isn’t the type to be scared of you ‘fans.’

CorBlimey @ 08/20/2011 at 1:49 am

@Brooke.:
I really don’t think you understand. We don’t care if Gerard has a girlfriend – in fact, most of us want him to have one. We just don’t like you and your games. Seriously. Your relentless, smug attitude about a relationship that you are not even a part of, nor are likely to be considered even remotely important by either people in the supposed relationship that you try to bait us with, is cause for real concern regarding the state of your mental health. Please go and see a professional. Thank you.

juliet of the spirits @ 08/20/2011 at 2:44 am

He raises his voice a few octaves when he is trying to do a regional American accent and THAT is what makes it obvious like he’s trying too hard. It is a very FLAT tone. G’s normal speaking voice is anything but flat! I would call it lyrical.

The scenes where he yells in the lower octaves – his natural range – such as the shouting to the bank manager, are very effective in the trailer.

Time shall tell whether he got it right.

Fans are too close to the subject. General audiences may not notice, but the critics’ will catch it if it is too far off and obvious.

Gerry’s normal way of speaking is in a very nice range and appealing for a male voice and it is not just the Scottish accent, but the masculine tone to the female ear.

juliet of the spirits @ 08/20/2011 at 3:03 am

For some reason, he has a hard time changing the normal intonation that rises and drops when he is doing an accent.

It’s hard to tell from the trailer. Maybe he has nailed it and this is all superfluous talk.

I am now of the opinion that it is not so much the Scottish showing through, but the flatness of the accent that his fans latch on to.

Perhaps he really would be well served by a good speech coach if he could sit still long enough to tackle the problem and give the American accented lines his own native wide versatile range of tone.

It is like translating the very descriptive passages of one language to another in a very literal sense and not being able to “get” the feel or the passion expressed in the native tongue and the variations of tone used to express it.

I haven’t decided what exciting me more, the film theme or Gerry’s artistic growth, it’s like turning the burden of life in to prodigy

Mellifera @ 08/20/2011 at 3:31 am

@CorBlimey: well said. I wish Gerry well in his personal life, its none of my business whether he’s single or attached but I would rather someone be happy, so I hope he is happy whatever he chooses. If he’s happier with a girlfriend, I wish him a bl00dy nice girlfriend!
I can’t believe you have to go 500kms to go an ‘actual’ cinema!! If we don’t get Cori or MGP in a cinema here, I can wait til it comes out on DVD and rent it then. Do you have a DVD rental place?

CorBlimey @ 08/20/2011 at 4:35 am

@Mellifera:
Nope – but eBay is my best friend out here. So I want him to make good movies (no, GREAT movies) so that I’m not buying anything, well, cr@p and wasting my money.. :P

You’ll all see who is putting a smile on Gerard’s face….
She is a lucky girl, wish I could make a man that happy!
Both in bed and out!

@CorBlimey:
I hate Ebay! Sellers aren’t protected and buyers just rip you off!!!!
Crock. Try ioffer or bonanza instead for pete’s sake.
>:(

Re: WILLIAM LEVY @ 08/20/2011 at 4:47 am

HEIS NOT GAY – WINTER HAVEN. STICK to the Gerard Butler threads if you want GAY MAN.
And he isn’t jewish either. Go back to the Jesse Eisenberg threads if u want jewish.
He is Cuban and sexy like all exotics are. No plain boring white guy here!
Latina AND Lovely

@CorBlimey: I almost forgot that when you learn to deal with the sarcasem you “grow” twin sisters that pretend to be you.like 162….

CorBlimey @ 08/20/2011 at 6:07 am

@Brooke.:
If you’d like to keep a man happy, how about you try staying out of other people’s business when it doesn’t concern you and focusing on your own life’s pursuits…?? Just a thought, anyway.. :D

It seems Gerry was at a wedding yesterday.

Oops where’s the pic gone.Sorry I’ll try again.
(If it doesn’t work-It’s over on WO).

Rubyjules @ 08/20/2011 at 7:53 am

I read all these comments made & despair…why is it that fans of celebs don’t want to discuss more meaningful topics relating to celebs & their true thoughts values & beliefs to enable more brain stimulating thoughts!

Just passing through this morning but I want to thank all of you who have given Gerry the thumbs up on his performance in MGP and Coriolanus. It was about time that he got good reviews and comments on his acting abilities. I do believe we will be seeing more of his talent in future projects as well. Have a great day and wonderful weekend.
My big brute is on a roll♥

Don’t you think if Butler were really that into her (if what you say is true) he would be with her? He is full of doubt.
As a man reading this for weeks, I don’t blame him. He’s better off dating and focusing on his evolving career.

@Fact
I agree with you (If he wanted to be with her,he would be).But I thought she didn’t want to be with him (didn’t she tell him to get lost and then go back to the UK), he couldn’t force her.He was supposed to of already tried (apparently he failed) to get her back once.But now according to her who shall not be named,this person wants to get back with Gerry and he’s planning something big to win her back. I’ll use “someones” favourite line – “we’ll just have to wait and see” – if anything actually happens.I personally would like to see him in a proper relationship (as long as she makes him happy ),rather than hitting on anything that just catches his eye….less tacky and much better in the long run for his career.JMO.

trying to figure it out @ 08/20/2011 at 10:11 am

Gerry’s redemption after The Bounty Hunter.

Mr. Giggles – Good to see you around.

cubedwellers @ 08/20/2011 at 10:35 am

@Try sitting ina office allday: Just a suggestion to all the down-under fans. Perhaps if you contacted your local theater, they would be able to look up release info for your part of the world. Or put you in contact with whatever distribution company will be doing the roll-out for your region. I don’t know much about the movie biz, but movies are a product like anything else, and there has to be a distribution plan in place at some point. Good Luck!

@redOctober: Now I like this one better. I though the first poster was very graphic-novelish, accenting the action element, while this one is more thoughtful in tone. Marketing this film is surely a challenge. They want to bring in the folks who love heroic action, as well as the more spiritual-minded who love the faith and redemption aspects of the story. So truly they are selling to at least two distinct markets. Very interesting.
From the trailer it looks like the story explores the conflict between some people of faith who condemn all fighting and believe that God will protect them, and those that believe in some parts of the world, only a show of force will make an impact. I really can’t wait to see this.

cubedweller @ 08/20/2011 at 10:37 am

There’s only one of me – misspelled my own name. Clearly I need some coffee this am. Happy Weekend, JJrs!

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1031 » Show All