Chely Wright: Married to Lauren Blitzer!

Chely Wright: Married to Lauren Blitzer!

Chely Wright holds on tight to her spouse Lauren Blitzer in this Twitter picture posted right before their wedding on Saturday (August 20) in Connecticut.

The 40-year-old country singer and her 30-year-old love said “I do” in front of over 200 guests, according to People.

“Let’s get this party started xo cChely tweeted!

“The freedom of being out and open about who I am allowed me to find and fall in love with Lauren – the most amazing woman I’ve ever known,” Chely told People.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

chely wright married 01
chely wright married 02

Photos: Twitter
Posted to: Chely Wright

Sorry guys but I think it’s disgustng!

Congrats to them both!

Sorry but I think this is disgusting!

@nad: Well, you’re entitled to your opinions, but i think finding love is a beautiful thing always :)

It just doesn’t seem right our future kids are going to think they have 2 sposal options male & female.

@Stjr:

So it’s okay if someone finds love in little girls and boys?

who are they? congrats to them but why are they famous are they singers or actresses?

CommonSenseSays @ 08/21/2011 at 10:12 am

@Lany: they do.

Congrats…love is a beautiful thing no matter who you find it with. I never knew true love till I met the women of my dreams. Happiness and love to all…..

I think that it should not be allowed,a civil union yes but a marriage no! Marriage should be between a man and a woman PERIOD!!!!

Which ones the man?

I have no idea who these ladies are but either way, congratulations! How beautiful.

They have found happiness, caring for each other, and unforgettable love. To Nad, the person that said “I think its disgusting.” You are just jealous because you probably unhappy person because you didn’t have the chance. Wake up!!!

No one is forcing you to marry a beautiful and talented woman. And guess what? Many people can and do say “I do” with the spouse of their choice. The time is here and now. Gratz to the happy couple.

Hahaha I like the way they BOTH wore a dress. Usually one of the women will wear a tux or something manly which is saying something. I like this.

If you think its disgusting or wrong why read the article?? I’ll never understand people who do such ridiculous things. If you don’t want to see it, turn away. There are plenty of other articles to view and comment on. Don’t apologize for your opinions, just stop forcing them on people.

I think this is simply beautiful yu don’t have to b in love with a man love is love point blank no matter what the sex is..n its not for anyone to judge only god…congrats to the new couple<3

stop hating @ 08/21/2011 at 10:25 am

@whatever why do people like yourself need to always point out the most extreme points. Stop fearing what you don’t know. Your ignorance rings through loud and clear with a comment like that. Also Congrats to the couple.

billiejo dunkin @ 08/21/2011 at 10:34 am

Just beautiful! Would there be anything else to say? Congratulations. Love of. Made my heart smile to see love like that.

I love it this is something that I will do with my partner JV.Best wishes

What is wrong with you people this a sin! An for all u people that says its not, something is wrong with u’s!

Congats! Theres nothin wrong with who u fall in love with matter if its women or man face the fact same sex marriage are lastin longer than others

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS IN THE BIBLE BELT WHERE HER FANS ARE. IT LOOKS BETTER WITH A BRIDE AND A GROOM.

Wroong, so wrong @ 08/21/2011 at 10:47 am

What they both couldn’t find a man and since their clock was ticking decided to marry (no have a party to pretend their married) each other. the world is confusing the purpose of marriage! neither can a man/man or woman/woman reproduce with one another! yet, you want to convince everyone else it’s normal and you’re in love (lust). do what you will but stop trying to convince others to accept what you and everyone else know is not right!!

Love this. Everyone should have the opportunity to be happy.

www.rockinoutdjservice.com @ 08/21/2011 at 10:51 am

Apparently we need to change the lyrics to her only popular hit. Its now m4w I guess

Anorexia anyone?

I want them both in my bed every night. There hot!!!

Robert Adams @ 08/21/2011 at 10:58 am

Congratulations to both of you. Hope yall have many happy years togther

To all of the people who want to paint these people as “sinners” maybe you should remember the book and person you quote stressed “judge not test ye be judge” and “let he who is without sin cast the first stone” maybe you should loom inward before you paint such narrow minded hate.

Congrats….don’t listen to these unhappy ignorant people who don’t have a life of their own. Some people are just jealous of anothers happiness.

I think this is beautiful. I see their happiness and I agree with Hanna. It does seem like same sex marriages are lasting longer n it seems like the heterosexaul are the ones in it for the sex.

haters hate @ 08/21/2011 at 11:03 am

You can hate this all you want bible thumpers but love is love. It doesn’t need to allways need to be between a man and a woman. You talk about oh they can’t reproduce. So what! There a thousands of kids given up or tossed away because there mother and father a worthless. These women and addopt and love and take care of a child just as well or if not better than a man and woman. Seriously stop the hate. Its bible thumpers and rascist that bring this country down. Grow up! My brother and my brother inlaw are both gay and I’m proud of them both. So just grow up and move on with your lives.

Congrats….don’t listen to these unhappy ignorant people who don’t have a life of their own. Some people are just jealous of anothers happiness….

god created every one, even ga @ 08/21/2011 at 11:06 am

Some people do not want to reproduce or can’t…….does that make them gay/wrong. It sickens me that people who are “christians” think they have the right to judge ANYONE! There is only one that can judge and that is GOD…SO GET A GRIP ON UR OWN LIFE, WORRY ABOUT UR SELF AND DON’T JUDGE OTHERS BECAUSE ITS NOT UR JOB.

Bob kessler @ 08/21/2011 at 11:09 am

Good luck

Bob kessler @ 08/21/2011 at 11:09 am

Good luck

Congrats to the couple**

Disgusting , -.-

Can I watch the garter be removed

That is Soo wonderful! Congratulations! !

yum…lesbian love?…
Apple bout to launch new iPhone & for their 50th anniversary.. http://goo.gl/RbL1T so they giving out iPhone 5..i got 2…ahha

Aw this is so cool, congrats to them, i hope they have a happy great life!

awesome dude @ 08/21/2011 at 11:26 am

I want to see the scissoring pictures!

I just do not understand same sex love and marriages. I know God loves everyone the same but He does not love sin. And this is one he hates. Homosexuality is a sin. God created Adam and Eve to be together. This union of two women, He does not approve.

Those spewing hate have no sense of world history and show how small-minded their words show them to be. I wish a life filled with happiness, long talks and wonderful memories to thus new couple. Best wishes from across the centuries from the Golden Orchid Society, China.

I’m no religious but this is not right not for religion or love, but for society and kids.
Can you invent something different?

this is really just not normal. it makes me lol to see it.

Congratulations and enjoy healthy happy life.
For the one about pit in hell, you must be in one or going to one. What do you know of joy and happiness and LOVE?

Congratulations and enjoy healthy happy life.

Chris McCauley @ 08/21/2011 at 11:42 am

I hope they decide to be a artificially inseminated and have a boy. How many other mammals are gay?Bad CHOICE

@collin:

And when did God appoint you her judge, jury, and jail? Whatever these women have or do is between them and their God. Not yours. Shame on you for setting yourself up as God.

I’d like to let everyone know not all Bible thumpers are against gays. I’m a Bible thumper but I’m happy to see 2 Christian woman exercise their rights and get married. Congrats!

When the novelty wears off and record sales continue to plummet, Chely will go back; just like Anne Heche did. It’s just a matter of time. Then all the gays who complimented her will get their panties in a wad and attack her. When it happens, remember who said so.

people like them make me sick

Not my business.

IT’S NOT A CHOICE IT’S SOMETHING YOU’RE BORN WITH
Please stop saying the bible says this, the bible is a veeery old book and a lot have changed since. Women are more equal to men and so on so come on. It’s 2011 and everybody who doesn’t approve. Who are you to judge?
For me God is someone who loves everybody for who they are and that includes EVERYBODY!

Whatever @ 08/21/2011 at 10:11 am

what you are lacking in intelligence you more than make up in stupidity.

wow first time I’ve seen 2 fems getting hitched. usually its both 2 nasty butches. The pretty fems are usually in men’s adult films.

Wroong, so wrong @ 08/21/2011 at 10:47 am

a brain dead squirrel on life support is more intelligent than you are. since you obviously understand so little i’ll educate you. now, you pay attention here. it is no longer necessary to have marriage between a man and woman to create a child. there are other means of having children. now be a good little squirrel and go back to your cage.

gross. Great, Here come more tornados,famines,earthquakes,tsumami’s,and disease. Which are at an all time high, just like God predicted in the Bible ages ago,because of increased immorality.

ppl like this were abused as children. they were “touched” and have issues becuae of it. they were not born like this it was pervs who screwed their heads up and confused them.

@nad:

You say, sorry once. Otherwise you’re a sorry person.
By the way we white men are getting concerned. We are supposed to be the ‘godsends’ of this planets. We take this intermingling of the races and genders as an affront to our rightful, privileged, place at the front of the line. (Mommy, I’m frightened!)

Congratulations!!!!! I respect their human rights.

@Chris McCauley:

Actually you would be surprised at the number of ‘gay’ like behaviour to be found in other mammal species.

This is fantastic! Congrats Chely & Lauren!!

SORRY HATERS – TOO LATE – YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACCEPT SAME SEX MARRAIGE OR GO BACK TO THE HILLS. YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. LOL

Hot lez showdown. Bust out the jello or pudding!

Wow, what’s with all the bigots posting today? These aren’t JJ regulars. Was this article linked to some Michelle Bachmann fansite or the Sludge Report? There sure are a lot of hateful and judgmental so-called “Christians.” Sorry folks, nothing wrong with love between two consenting adults. You’re on the wrong side of history and the more you spew your venom, the more uneducated and bigoted you sound. Heck, even Laura Bush and Cindy McCain support gay marriage!

It is amazing to me when people choose to be ignorant over empowered. Anyone using the bible to support your bigotry – you should actually READ the BIBLE. There are a lot of laws listed out in the bible that no on honors today, not even people in the bible belt. So, the fact that people pick and choose what “laws” to fit whatever crazy thinking they entertain is not an act of honoring God but is, instead, an act of honoring the ego (the opposite of God).

It is amazing that this woman had the courage to follow her heart and honor how GOD MADE HER. Perfect just like the rest of us.

Our children will be more compassionate, empathetic and happy – because of people like Chyle.

Jesus was not a bigot. In fact he was murdered for being so compassionate. So, if you claim to be a Christian – don’t you think you should be like Jesus instead of like the fear-filled, ego-filled preachers that tell you to be exactly the opposite of Jesus?

God is Love. That’s it. So be loving always.

hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa………….

I take it as a badge of honor that I got thumbed down 18 times. What a lot of humorless, narrow-minded, cretins posting today. By the way there is more than one anon posting here, and I like his posts.

whoever find his/her love of their lives is blessed person… I hope someday I will find that special someone ….

Santabomber @ 08/21/2011 at 1:06 pm

Love is never wrong!

Jen MANASTEALIN @ 08/21/2011 at 1:14 pm

I am not for same sex marriage but i will never fight against that right as i think it’s a personal decision and i respect that.
They are two women who love each other. even if you don’t agree with their decision, it’s theirs and doesn’t infer your own existent. let them be and respect it !
It’s not up to you to criticize it,especially when ironically talking about the bible. If you arer a so called christian practicing your faith, you should not criticize. It’s between them and the lord. In the meantime, congrats to them and let love live forever and ever.

It doesn’t matter if you’re for or against same sex marriage, if they pay taxes they’re entitled to the same rights as heterosexuals. Let GOD judge and worry about yourself!

@Lany: They’re not just thinking it, they DO if that’s the way nature made them.

Love the shoes @ 08/21/2011 at 2:28 pm

Something so incongruent about that pic. Not bashing, just at first view I thought it was indeed a bride and her “bridesmaid.” I don’t get the wife and wife or husband and husband ring of it all but best wishes to them both and a sincere desire for a happy joyful life together.

InTheIndustry @ 08/21/2011 at 2:33 pm

May you find many years of bliss!
Congrats to you both!!!

@Chris McCauley:

Most of them are gay, do some research before typing…

Talk about ridiculous..

@Stjr: There’s nothing wrong with love, but EVERYTHING is wrong with THIS travesty.

@nad: Not sorry, @nad, but I think you are the one that’s disgusting.

Good luck to them. Anytime 2 people find happiness and love in this crazy world it us a blessing.

What a beautiful couple! Best wishes & contatulations

Mrs. Toth is a JOKE!!! @ 08/21/2011 at 3:41 pm

Let me try this again……

CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU! Screw all those negative comments from ignorant people.

I find it SO STUPID that the postive stuff is being red arrowed and the nasty ass comments are being green arrowed.

ALL you HATERS STFU!!!! Your going to hell for judging not these two!

Look at all the homophobes… that’s what’s truly wrong here. Their marriage doesn’t hurt anyone, so be quiet and give them the rights that they deserve. They’re such a beautiful couple, and I wish them the best~ :)

Everyone is getting married, it seems!

InTheIndustry @ 08/21/2011 at 3:54 pm

WOW UNBELIEVABLE!

I come to this sight often and I have never seen SO MANY, judgemental, ignorant, bigot, hating people all on one site!
First time ever that I had 13 thumbs down!

WELL EVERYONE< GET USED TO IT! GAY,LESBIANS,BI-SEXUALS AND TRANSGENDERS ARE HERE TO STAY!

They deserve the same respect, equality and love as any HETRO!

No one is GOD or whatever your belief is on here so stop judging!

No wonder this world is so effed up!

AGAIN- MAY MRS. AND MRS. BLITZER-WRIGHT HAVE MANY MANY MANY YEARS OF BLISS!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

By that I mean 2011 seems to be the year of celebrity weddings and pregnancies.

greysfang @ 08/21/2011 at 4:06 pm

You cretins do realize that the site you’re posting on and probably visit daily is owned by a gay man?

@Dwayne: it’s their sin to pay for not yours. Isn’t it also a sin to judge?

Wow. Look at all the low class, redneck, white trash HICKS from Texas posting!!
Your parents were related, obviously. Ever go to the bathroom in the house?
Get off the internet and stop commenting on things you don’t understand.

This might be a superficial comment, but it’s nice to see two women getting married who actually look feminine and beautiful on the big day. Congrats!

have a happy life u two

Sue Denim @ 08/21/2011 at 5:34 pm

So glad all the homophobes are getting shot down on here!

Sonia0404 @ 08/21/2011 at 5:35 pm

@Alicia: Same here.
Don’t know who they are, but the 2 of them are so beautiful!

@InTheIndustry: Do you know what’s more urgent than fighting for gay rights on this “sight” (as you called it)? – Literacy. You should work on THAT.

@Eslay: I didn’t know you had a direct line with your God, how can you possibly know what he considers a sin ?
The Bible was written by men not by God.

to those people that are sending hate to this couple that is married…you are really ridiculous and you aren’t god so you can’t judge them oh and YES I SUPPORT GAYS AND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED.

hate all you want on me but everyone should have equal rights and gays shouldn’t be treated differently.

@kelli: Normal’s overrated.

@screwups: It’s not difficult to see that you have no knowledge whatsoever of human psychology. You don’t become gay because you’ve been raped as a kid, that’s absurd.

Congratulations to both of them. May they have a blessed life.

Good Lord, so many haters here. They have no idea what love means. And I’m sure Lord aproves love between these beautiful girls. He made them that way. Congrats!

Lou you’re a dumbass

Jenny lou @ 08/21/2011 at 7:49 pm

So what that she is the first to come out in country at least she has the balls to be herself instead of hiding behind rumors or others expectations! I pray her and Blitzer have a beautiful life together and multiply the earth :)

Congratulations to you both!!! You both look Beautiful!!!
It’s refreshing that parts of America are waking up (and growing up) and overcoming ignorance and stupidity.

Peaceful Eve @ 08/21/2011 at 7:54 pm

AWW I’m so happy for them:)
I wish them many happy years together:)
God is Love not hate:)
*PEACE AND LOVE Y’ALL*

Congratulations to Chely Wright: and Lauren Blitzer! I wish them the very best in their future lives together.

Perhaps my invitation to the wedding was lost in the mail?

I am glad Chely found happiness, but I am disappointed in how she treated Brad Paisley both during their relationship and in her book. He deserved better than that and he really loved her. For her to put their personal business out by claiming, she cried during their love making is so wrong when all he was doing is being natural, while she was being a liar to him and herself.

I’m very happy for them both. The pictures are beautiful. To those that criticize I can only say she’s an artist and art is self expression, it’s very personal. So if you’ve never been through a coming out process you have no idea how huge an event it is. How freeing. Being gay or straight is a core level of one’s identity. You only difference is our society is aimed at straight people, most people weren’t raised knowing that they are one or the other or a mix. They are assumed straight until they say they aren’t so obviously it’s a bit of a trial to get through. It makes perfect sense to me that someone who believes in something strongly (like tolerance) and has something to say would say it when they are able.
Cheers Chely and Lauren!

InTheIndustry @ 08/21/2011 at 8:56 pm

@ #106—-No idea what you are talking about me needing to work on literacy but okay. Sounds like your just a BIG A$$HOLE!!!! But even A$$HOLES like you need to be treated equally, like the GAY COMMUNITY!!!!

Guess Who @ 08/21/2011 at 9:01 pm

CRAZY AND REALLY STUPID COMMENTS ON THIS TREAD!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!!!

@KOKOLO——I HOPE YOUR RIGHTS GET DENIED FOR BEING AN A^^HOLE! DONT THINK A^^HOLES SHOULD HAVE ANY RIGHTS!!!

This is disgusting to me. i know it’s not their faul, they were born like this but this is forever disgusting to me

home town girlz @ 08/21/2011 at 9:33 pm

Have known Chekhov since childhood, think she awesome! I am straight as they come but have numerous gay and lesbian friends! Totally awesome people and love them all. My God strick you all down for the hate u feel for these beautiful people. Love ya Chely and congrats to u both!

home town girlz @ 08/21/2011 at 9:33 pm

Love&Justice @ 08/21/2011 at 9:35 pm

Kudos to them both for being themselves and having love in their lives!
Their love is not hurting anyone so the nasty comments are truly uncalled for!
But is takes all kinds to make this world go around even the judgmental, hate filled, ignorant, racist, bigot folks are being judged by a higher being so when it comes your turn to meet you maker and they leave your a$$ outside of the gate, just go back to this day!

WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE *****!

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!

THE GAY COMMUNITY WILL CONTINUE TO PERSEVERE UNTIL WE GET THE SAME EQUALITY AS THE REST OF THIS WORLD HAS!

Beautiful Chely. She looks happy. She is such a beautiful and graceful person. I just hope this girl really makes her happy and has her same values. Her partner did look beautiful too, must admit I was impressed.

No wonder God created the Gucci knock-off suitcase A-Bomb.

I like that they both wore gowns, how beautiful is that! No idea who they are(not into country) but congrats! Finding someone special is a rare and beautiful thing in life.

Wow very beautiful ladies!

laverdadduele @ 08/21/2011 at 10:45 pm

Makes me want to puke.

Congratulations!!
LOVE IS LOVE!!

The Ugly Truth @ 08/21/2011 at 11:17 pm

MEN, I mean BOYS are just pi.ssed because they won’t get a shot with EITHER of these gorgeous women…haha
Congrats to you both!!

what a beautiful couple.

Pity on the two of you….what a future??????….

All of you anti-gay people who say you have a “right to your own opinion” and how “gay marriage is not accepted in the Bible” need to open your ignorant eyes. Sorry, but the Bible doesn’t play a huge part in everyone else’s lives like it does yours. Quit being blind. And if you’re gonna have a “right to your own opinion” at least back it up properly. Like wtf? “Marriage is only proper between a man and a woman.. ” – SAYS WHO?! Unless a homosexual relationship causes some serious damage to society then I suggest you shush up, and congratulate this beautiful couple.

Chance Windham @ 08/22/2011 at 1:02 am

@Lany:
They do have the option regardless of what they are shown or told……idiot

@anon:
It’s plane to see you are not intelligent enough to come up with this on your own, so please inform us as to who is telling you such misinformed bias with no factual proof.

I just can’t believe some of the comments here. Where does all this hate come from? All you people who call yourself christians, what in the world are you thinking? The Lord proclaims love, not hate. It’s not up to us to judge. Love (between consenting adults) is a beautiful thing and should always be treasured.

@Come on!: christians believe that God’s definition of love can be expressed towards human kind equally, but what is there to love about homosexuality when God first created Adam and Eve, and that He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19) because of all the evil it had, and that evil being homosexuality.

@Joey: I fully believe in the Lord. But I don’t put much faith in the bible since the bible is written by men from that era who, I believe, wrote down their own view of things.

Congratulations and my you have many years of love and happiness together. Remember to live everyday like you are still on your honeymoon.

@Wroong, so wrong:

Who the F are you to judge wether people are allowed to be together or not? I’m not gay either but I still think they deserve to get married and celebrate their love just the same!
ALL LOVE is equal, therefore we all should have equal rights! If you wanna be bitter take it somewhere else where none of us open minded loving people have to read about it! So sick and disgusted by people like you! Intolerance like yours turns people into scum bags!

To all haters get off if u domt like it

congratz love is beautiful and we should all celebrate :)

and people still wonder why so many celebrities just don’t come out… *sigh* Thanks to JJ for sharing such a beautiful moment

no big deal. live and let live. the right wing religious fanatics are too concerned with the lives of others.

What makes me wonder is, if God hated gay people and didn’t think they were right for society. Why did he make them?

@Hannah: “He” made no mistake when “he” made them. However, what “they” are doing with this pretend-heterosexual bride/bride and groom/groom parodies IS ridiculous. For people who take “pride” in being different and even have annual parades to prove so, “they” seem desperate to actually be like everybody else, in the most ridiculous way(s).

Sprmcandy @ 08/22/2011 at 2:37 pm

Two gorgeous girls.

It is truly amazing how ignorant people are. You are soooo bored with your lives and have to say negative **** about something that has nothing to do with you. Look in your own closet, ********! God loves Everyone! Congrat girls!

I just LOVE how all these people speak for God. Jesus hung out with only men and a prostitute. He must have been gay. Maybe God loves everyone, since he supposedly made them all.

“Every man did what was right in his own eyes”

who are you to say what is wrong or right? i am Bi sexual and i have a beautiful child.. marriage is between two people it doesnt matter if it is male/male or female/female.

The point is THAT THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!

God did not creat gays, stop blaming god, for people who claim to be Christian, you are all petty ignorant, God created SIN for a reason!!