Alexander Skarsgard: Wednesday Workout!

Alexander Skarsgard: Wednesday Workout!

Alexander Skarsgard wears a black Nike top as he heads to the gym for a workout on Wednesday (August 24) in New York City.

The 34-year-old Swedish actor has made trips to the gym three days in a row this week to keep his body in shape.

Alex is currently in NYC while filming his next project, What Maisie Knew, which will be released in theaters next year.

Earlier in the week, it was announced that Alex is in negotiations to star opposite Brit Marling in The East, a thriller about a female agent infiltrating an eco-terrorism group.

FYI: Alex is wearing Persol 2999-S Sunglasses.

alexander skarsgard wednesday workout 01
alexander skarsgard wednesday workout 02
alexander skarsgard wednesday workout 03
alexander skarsgard wednesday workout 04
alexander skarsgard wednesday workout 05

Christopher Polk/Getty

He must pay the papps a fortune to follow him

PurpleSamantha @ 08/24/2011 at 5:28 pm

Much as I love him, I’m disappointed that he continues to wear Nike after their association with Michael Vick.

Mmmmmmmm :-) So sexy in black.

@Mia: very much so ….he is nothing if not consistent routine wise. No wonder paps find him so easy …lol

@PurpleSamantha: I am sure he’s had these clothes since before Nike started endorsing Michael Vick. Wouldn’t make sense to just toss them. He may not even be aware of the controversy surrounding Michael Vick. I, for one, am done with Nike. Makes me sick that they would endorse a subhuman like Michael Vick. He’s a disgrace to our kind.

i love seeing pictures of him but everyday it looks like u post the same pictures try snapping him somewhere else or give him a rest i can live a day without seeing him that’s what Google pictures are for, for those who have to look at him everyday or watch true blood

Damn, he looks hot. Love the way those shorts fit.

@Mia: ITA on the Michael Vick thing. He’s not worth the air he breathes and he never should have been forgiven by NFL but I wear Nike too so hopefully that doesn’t make me a bad person. I’m all about animal rights. I even had a great idea regarding the oil spill that still effects the dolphins. I think for every dolphin and it’s baby that has died or dies due to oil mess a BP exec should be shot in the head.

These are all staged setup pics by his publicist – wake up girls.

That bulge….

I love those shorts. He looks so good!

@Sydney: I don’t care. I still like to see him.And he has a movie deal and he’s working. Not like hayden christensen.That’s what he should have done with hisself instead of letting rachel bilson talk him out of coming back to hang with her.Hope he wake-up like Alex did.

valentina @ 08/24/2011 at 6:27 pm

he has chicken legs.

he has chicken legs

@Mia: Doesn’t Nike supply Hammarby with their unis? Perhaps that is why he wears them. Or he just likes Nike. I think with boycotting companies, occasionally exceptions are made for whatever reason.

@chelle: How about we shoot gas guzzling SUV drivers, and whichever Judge vacated the Amoco Cadiz monetary penalties into meaningless spare change first?

@mariano: I’d like a drumstick please… ;)

@Canuck: first the people who not guiltied Casey Anthony then take care of the rest …….I think I’d prefer a thigh …..yummy yummy!

@chelle: Wait and see, BP will end up paying pennies on the dollar compared to the original reserves they put aside for this. Plus, odd how nothing has been said about Anadarko who are partners with BP on this particular field.

omg, again? muscle head!

he is the new kate bosworth

@tj: Are you nuts? He hates this constant invasion of privacy. The paps stalk him ’cause he’s hot property right now.

@new kb: So desperate to get her name into ASkars posts, aren’t you? No one cares about the wowan.

Here in the EU, it’s the 25th so Happy Bday Mr. Skarsgard, may it be filled ith friends and happiness!

An audio interview Alex did today answering a bunch of questions. I can’t really make out what the lady is asking him, only what Alex is saying but maybe my laptop has crappy sound.

Apparently he has yet another project in the works, along with the East.

@Dani:
Why would they switch between English and Swedish if they were all Swedish, that doesn’t make a whole bunch of sense.

PurpleSamantha @ 08/24/2011 at 7:44 pm

@Mia: I’m the same way. I had just purchased some flip-flops from them when they made the announcement about Vick. I’d spent the money, might as well wear them.

The movie is shooting in NYC apparently, but not sure when. Maybe right after Maisie and before The East.

@Jessie: That does seem a bit strange, why not just speak Swedish instead of switching?
As for his apparently new acting gig, where’s he going to find the time to fit this one in? Admittedly, it’s a small part, but still.

35 d*uchebag @ 08/24/2011 at 7:57 pm

now he’s a 35 d*uchebag! congratulations alex! and happy birthday!

@ladybug:
I think that some of it might be made up because that doesn’t make sense that they’d switch. The kissing thing is probably made up.

Maybe his part will only take 2-3 weeks and the Nashville one won’t start until mid to late Oct? TB usually doesn’t start filming until Dec.

@Jessie: I’m presuming he can juggle the schedule. Just a lot of work. It looks like a good ensemble cast. Perhaps one of these days he’ll get to do a comedy.

@Jessie:

Well it happens when you are in an English speaking country, maybe when the waiter came up or they just got carried away & started saying it in English then switched to Swedish lol

@ladybug:
I’d love to see him do a comedy. He seems like a really funny guy.

@Dani:
Somehow I doubt that.

Alex says he’s is shooting Maisie until mid Sept, but that he hasn’t signed anything yet for the other movies according to that audio interview so maybe he might only be doing one.

People haide in page 2 and 3 and 4

E. Norma Stitz @ 08/24/2011 at 8:52 pm

B u l g e.

Anna skarsgard @ 08/24/2011 at 8:54 pm

I love him

@Dani: Entirely possible that this happened exactly as the Daily News wrote that it happened. Though at work, when I overhear our employees who have languages in common other than English, they’ll just throw in English loan words, not do a complete switch, not when talking with each other.

@ladybug:

Then maybe they were lying or making crap up lol

@Dani: But newspapers and their ‘sources’ or ‘insiders’ never lie! :)
He’s a sociable single male in NYC, he’s been out and about having fun and will probably continue to do so. But for some reason the dialogue mentioned in this story seems off. Of course, it’s also possible that being in the presence of Alex made the women lose their ability to speak or think coherently (in English or Swedish).

I sometimes speak English and Swedish together. Most times because there isn’t a Swedish translation…or I don’t want my older relatives to understand what I’m saying ;)

@Lilla:

Yeah my mother lived in Sweden with my dad when he coached hockey for like 5 years & she ended up speaking fluently in Swedish & she would go back & forth too with people that knew that both languages she said, sometimes something in English just slipped out lol

we are getting so spoiled by having all these great new photos every day or so, sometimes two in a day. And I’m liking what i hear about both new movies, especially the East — sounds like such a meaty role there and a lead too.

I still say he needs an intelligent, witty buxom brunette to whip him into shape. He’s bee in relationships with girls, he needs a woman.

@Dani, that’s so cool, did they like living in Sweden? I don’t even realize I switch until someone looks at me funny and asks me to repeat what I said.

@chelle#8:
@Canuck#16: Wtf? I’m all about joking about killing people…but really? That kind of “animals matter more than ppl” hippy crap drives me crazy! No offense, but can we talk about Alex, not your plan to make the world a “better” place.

I’m glad he’s being so consistent with his workouts! Makes me optimistic about the future.

@sweetness: She didn’t. He got rid of her.

Do any AS fans happen to know when the Straw Dogs premiere is?

First of all – happy Birthday Alex (Europe Time ;) )

second – i love those pics – black suits him so well – good to see he still does his workouts – i am melting today – way 2 much to handle for me :D

@Rachel(): I think you completely missed my point if you’re seeing “hippyism” anywhere in what I said. No matter.

@sweetness: Didn’t you ask that earlier in the week? But for an answer, she tried very, very, very hard not to let him slip through her fingers, but Alex escaped and is now a free and happy single Swede.
Elizabeth, there is no word on a premiere.

@ladybug: Lol for that article.

I think sweetness is just trying to insert someone’s name into every Alex post. Must be desperate to keep up the Google searchability ratings.

@Joyce: I agree with you totally. I hope he is smart enough to stay away from Ms Poison. There is something about her that I have never been able to put my finger on but i don’t trust her. Enough said about her. Happy Birthday Sweeheart Love You Alexander!!!!!!!!! Lookin good !!!!!!!

Thepomafame @ 08/25/2011 at 7:53 am

Happy birthday Alex! I’m gonna say it in Swedish:
Lycklig årsdag
The more you grow up, the more gorgeous you are…
I wish you have a great day. I really hope you get more roles, if they can be comediesit would be fabulous ^^
Today our Swedish boy is turning 35, but he’s so hottttttt!
We love ya!

I hope Alex has a great birthday. Though it sounds like he keeps it low key, I hope he’s able to get together with some buddies and have dinner and a great time. He deserves it with how busy he’s been and is about to be.

I see that Alex has allready gotten some “eco” fans… LoL funny if they are going to use him as the face of eco-war, now that would really be batcrazy fans.

WHAT DID SWEETNESS WRITE? There are a bunch of answers but no comment..was it removed?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXANDER:)

@Ria: Why remove sweetness’ post? It wrote the same stuff it did earlier in the week, about how could KB let AS slip through her fingers?
Except someone apparently ‘talked’ to the Enquirer and is claiming she dumped him (article to be taken with an Everest-sized grain of salt:

Hahaha, KB’s people put out a totally BS story about the break up. As if anyone believes a word of this is true. Not only that, but it’s in the ENQUIRER! Yes, because they are a beacon of truth. *facepalm*

Hahaha, KB’s people put out a totally BS story about the break up. As if anyone believes a word of this is true. Not only that, but it’s in the ENQUIRER! Yes, because they are a beacon of truth. Yeah, Alex has looked so heartbroken all right. Uh huh. Not only that, but it totally happened before July 4th. *facepalm*

@ladybug:
LMAO! Looks like we had the same thoughts Ladybug. Totally BS!

@Jessie: It’s repeating the same bs about them living together and him wanting to propose marriage. And being all broken up about the end of the relationship. Which is why he looks soooo unhappy.

I’m guessing the reason for the article in the Enquirer is that KB has given up the stalking because it doesn’t work and now she’s trying to save her face with this way-too-obvious piece of poorly written pr crap. EVERYONE can see that Alex is very far from brokenhearted so I really wonder who she expects to believe that crap? Or is she simply so disturbed in her head that she believes her own pr??

@Tanter: I’m going with your last sentence.

@Tanter: I doubt she’s doing it for the general public, more likely for her fans who probably would prefer to believe she dumped him.

Thanks ladybug for the links :)

kb dumping askars? really? nice try – try again!

OMG that Enquirer piece is hilariously terrible. First of all, if you want something to look believable, don’t put it in that publication. Secondly, make sure “Mr. Brokenhearted” actually LOOKS brokenhearted. Pffff! Alex has looked nothing but relaxed and happy for months now. Especially the past two months or so. Good lord, how can anyone actually believe such nonsense? He’s currently staying with a friend in LA? Really? Because he’s currently been in Sweden for two weeks, and then San Diego, and then NYC for the past month. Bunk!

Hahaha, who wrote that thing? Obviously it was put out by KB. She hasn’t been in the news lately and wants more attention. Kind of weird though because she looks like a douche for being a cheater and whatnot. Then again, she doesn’t care if she gets negative attention, she just wants someone to talk about her. I bet we’ll see pics of her out and about pretty soon. Nice that it came out on his b’day too, Camille is totall spot on about that. Just like she she flashed her tatters when his trailer for Melancholia came out. She wants to steal the spotlight.

@Camille: Good point. Although he’s probably rolling his eyes at the pathetic-ness of it all.

@Canuck:
I’m sure he is. The fact that only the Enquirer picked it up, when it was probably shipped out to other soures says something, just like that stupid report back at Christmas last year that Alex wanted to think about settling down and might move in with her. Right. Nobody picked up on that, and it died the quick death that it should have. The staying with friends thing just invalidates it even more because he hasn’t been in LA since early July.

@Camille: Wouldn’t it have been slightly more classy for her to have dragged her latest victim off to a meal at the Chateau Marmont so she could get papped? Instead of planting this delusional drivel?
Canuck, while I do believe that he avoids knowing about most gossip, this is so over the top I wonder if someone in his posse will let him know, if only for entertainment purposes and the relief that he’s free of her.

@Camille: @ladybug: I’d be very surprised if some of the PO’d at the pap pix weren’t the result of planted questions such as asking him about things like proposing, moving in with her etc. Especially if she had been dropping hints to him, and then getting her pap buddies to badger him on the same subjects. Sadly for him, he’s probably far too much of a gentleman to call her on these sorts of stories although in the end some people may believe that she dumped him, most probably won’t and he’s still a way hotter ticket than she’ll ever be.

@Canuck: Wasn’t it there the pap shot in March, the blue hoodie/smurf one I think, where the pap was asking him if he was engaged? Which is funny now, because I suspect he’d probably ended it by then, but he still had this hunted look on his face.

knackered giraffe @ 08/25/2011 at 8:01 pm

So, Alex has the sads after KB dumped him, eh? I can tell by the ear to ear perma-grin he’s had plastered to his mug for the past month or so. I know. That’s just a mask to hide the tear stains and snot factory his face has become since KB walked out on him. Uh huh. Wait. I can’t even begin to muster the amount of sarcasm necessary for this bit of intel. Hate to break it to KB, but Alex wasn’t the one riding the starvation train to 80 lbs-ville or dunking his head in a toilet full of tidy bowl in a fit of post-break-up blues either. I know it’s all kindsa hard, KB honey, but do the math. It really does help if you’re at least in the parking lot of the ballpark, if you’re going to try to run with a story like this.

LOL, I love how my comment about it being suspicious that this story came out on his b’day was removed. It obviously hit a note. I mean it’s so transparent that she planted it to try and make him feel crappy on his birthday. That sh*t is designed to be hurtful by making him look like a lovelorn puppy, which was pretty obviously untrue.

@Camille: That’s weird, it is gone. Someone flag it? Unprovoked personal attacks don’t get removed, but questioning kb’s timing, bad? She should be happy, at least she still has some highly susceptible followers.

@ladybug:
That’s why I’m assuming that there was something to that statement, otherwise why remove it? It doesn’t violate anything in terms of posting, so there’s really no reason unless someone doesn’t want us thinking that sort of logic. LOL! Too bad it’s totally obvious. She’s so stupid that way.

He is so sexy!!

@Camille: I’m presuming this is coming from her, or a close ‘friend’, and not Robin Baum (it doesn’t sound like Robin B), but the timing is about a month off. Either the Enquirer is making everything up, or someone is still having issues with the end of the relationship. Even though she’s moved on to another bf.

@ladybug:
Yeah, no way it lasted until July 4th weekend. He wasn’t even around then, he was in San Diego and she wasn’t with him. Then like 5 days after he was in Sweden so I seriously doubt the validity of everything in it. I suppose someone though this would get the most impact by releasing it today.

@Camille: Their own publicist puts out a statement that the relationship had been over for some time and that was the 3rd week of July. The weekend of the 4th doesn’t really fall into the ‘some time’ period, so that does sound very false. The article doesn’t make any sense, either the Enquirer is completely making things up on their own, or printing delusion drivel from a certain someone. Who apparently doesn’t really understand how delusional this appears.

@ladybug:
Well if she’s nuts enough to stalk ex boyfriends then she’s delusional enough to believe her drivel. I mean, we’re supposed to believe it lasted until July when they were last seen together at Coachella, and he avoided every usual hangout of his other than the gym after that? Uh huh.

@ladybug: Yes, I remember that video.

Odd that your comment about the timing of the Enquirer article was deleted.

@Canuck: So everything else we write about her is ok, except about the curious timing of the release of the article? Strange.

Yep, it was totally deleted. Must have been true and someone didn’t want it out there. LOL!

@ladybug: @Camille: Seems you struck a nerve;)

@Canuck:
Exactly because there is no other reason to delete that comment. It didn’t violate any rules for posting.

I don’t believe this Enquirer article. Alex has looked entirely too happy for too long. Although I would believe KB was getting close with the new guy during filming. But I think Alex and KB were over by then (after Coachella). Maybe this ‘source’ was somebody on the Big Sur set?