Angelina Jolie Attends International Court's First Trial

Angelina Jolie Attends International Court's First Trial

Angelina Jolie watches the International Criminal Court’s landmark first trial on Thursday (August 25) in The Hague, Netherlands.

The 36-year-old actress, seated in the public gallery, was on hand for the trial of Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga, who is charged with using child soldiers during his country’s civil conflict.

“[This is] an extraordinary moment for international justice but more than that for children of the world,” Angelina said (via the Associated Press).

“It is quite striking to have a prosecutor from [the post-World War II Nuremberg trials] here today,” she added about American lawyer Benjamin Ferencz. “You see his clarity, his wisdom, his strength and his compassion for this situation which he has witnessed over the years and now he’s here to plead on behalf of these children in particular.”

Also pictured: Angelina‘s partner, Brad Pitt, filming more scenes for World War Z the same day in Glasgow, Scotland.

Angelina Jolie – Hague Trial
angelina jolie hague trial 01
angelina jolie hague trial 02
angelina jolie hague trial 03
angelina jolie hague trial 04
angelina jolie hague trial 05

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All

An amazing lady, so proud of her. Keeping it real and focusing on what is really important in life.

OMG. She’s beautiful!

Great job Brad, loving seeing him in all-action mode.

French Girl @ 08/25/2011 at 2:48 pm

Lara, how do you do that ? lol, you’re always told us there are new thread !
Love Angie and her humanitarian work ! she is amazing…
God Bless Her and Her Family !

Thank you Angelina for your grace and compassion for the children of the world!

Sonia0404 @ 08/25/2011 at 2:50 pm

Yeah!! First page!
Beautiful Angie! Love!!

Sonia0404 @ 08/25/2011 at 2:50 pm

Yeah!! First page!
Beautiful Angie! Love!!

@French Girl:
Lol, it’s just a sixth sense.

She’s always said that should there be a trial, she would be there. She always stays true to her word. That’s my gal, Angelina.

As Brad had said in a recent interview, she is one of the most serious and mature woman he has ever met. just consider what she will be doing years from now. Angle is someone that I look up to and respect.

William Bradley&The Jolie @ 08/25/2011 at 3:18 pm

First, this is just one of the myriad reasons that the hate cannot touch this woman. She has reached out into the world to help where she can. The world knows this woman and respects her. She is beyond hollywood. She functions in a sphere where the ignorant and unenlightened have no place.

Now on a personal level.

To you trolls:

Yes, I admit I went over to IUC because I was curious to see if the fre
aks were still there. And from that, you want to say I am not a fan?

You are going to have to do better than that. Or are YOU afraid that the points I made and the information I requested will just make that bitter hag look like even more of a loser?

Or make Brad even MORE OF A WINNER? And speaking of Brad, he is still a lucious speciman of a man. Now and forever.
I am still interested in any info. from the informed fans. My original post is below:

Happy B-day as well to the great PT!

Just slightly OT, but I was wondering, since Universal’s site has NO release date for WanderBS (not even a January 2012 one), could this mean they may even quitely shelve it? I would love some insight from the truly film industry savvy fans.

Also, something else I’ve been wondering about, esp., since those idiots at IUC seem to believe that Brad has money problems (some nitwit there is saying that he mortgaged his home to finance Plan B, and that the company is in the red from all of its films “losses” and that Curious Case of Ben B and IB made no profit). I remember that it was said that Brad was worth 200 million dollars at the time he divorced the X. I have always been under the impression the in addition to his income from film (salaried, producing, backend, ancillary), that there is also the value of Plan B (which I understand is in the 50-75 million range), plus his art collection, plus his residential properties. But in addition to all of that, I was under the impression that he also has investments in commercial properties, plus other investments as well. So, my rough estimate (guessing of course), is that Brad is more likely worth 300 plus million (not counting Angie’s money at all).

Am I totally wrong about this? Just want to be armed with correct info when discussing my fave couple. And it’s always good to be able to knock down haters with facts and rational deduction. Thanks in advance for any feedback

Okay, back to lurking.

ITA Angie is about following up on issues that are important to her. Also she is about” doing something” not just talking about doing something. As in the case of her writing and directing her film.I’m glad Brad and Angie are exposing their kids to some many cultures and some many important issues. When Brad wraps in the UK I think their next location will be a return to Budapest

Not this attention seeking hag again.

ANGIE MY GIRL!! ALWAYS TAKING THE TIME TO THINK OF OTHERS. HER AND BRADS CHILDREN WILL BE SO COMPASSIONATE. KEEP UP THE WORK ANGELINA

woman spanish @ 08/25/2011 at 3:21 pm

A great lady, his love for children is incredible.
I admire her more each day

Brad luvr @ 08/25/2011 at 3:24 pm

First page!!! Love the JPs!!!!!!!

Anyone who knows her or follows her knows this is something she has always been passionate about.

It is about time that the Nations of the world joined forces to bring these less than animals to justice..

brange fan from greece @ 08/25/2011 at 3:25 pm

hello JP fans.angie is really so inspiring.she is using her time in worthy causes while other vain hollywood actresses worked very hard on the gym to have the best bodies and partying here and there.she is just so admirable.love you angie.keep up the good work girl.

brange fan from greece @ 08/25/2011 at 3:27 pm

btw thank you jared.is there no pics of her on the trial?hope you post them.

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 08/25/2011 at 3:27 pm

Love her. She is not only donate her money but also her time as well. She walks the talk. Not unlike some other celebs who just write a check or only donate if there’s a RC event.

So… with other words..
No scripts are sended to her..

maybe that one
“Desperately seeking after money

brange fan from greece @ 08/25/2011 at 3:31 pm

just bought my people mag with the JP’s on the cover. i have seen those pictures here but i really like to have evry mag with them on the cover.its my collection. hope one day i can have their authograph on them . wishful thinking.it has a very nice article.

brange fan from greece @ 08/25/2011 at 3:36 pm

@GO AWAY:

jealous much???hahaha

laverdadduele @ 08/25/2011 at 3:47 pm

I don’t buy her facade. All that “humanitarian” work is BS, she’s just trying to cover her many sins, cheater, drug addict, promiscuous, home-wrecker, to name a few. She even slept with her mom’s boyfriend, she’s trash.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All