Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler takes his pug Lolita for a walk on Thursday (August 25) in Malibu, Calif.

The day before, the 41-year-old Scottish actor visited an office in Beverly Hills, where he was joined by Live with Regis and Kelly host Regis Philbin.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerry is reportedly being considered for a role in the reboot of the 1984 classic Romancing the Stone.

Also rumored to be possibly joining the film: Katherine Heigl and Taylor Kitsch.

Bigger pic inside

gerard butler romancing katherine heigl

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

Jesus, I don’t think I could take another film with these two bores together. Not to mention, a remake of Romancing the Stone.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/25/2011 at 7:54 pm

Love love love his hair….:)

Peace.

MPU

Stop with the remakes already! you mean to tell me there is not a single original screenplay out there or a screenwriter that can come up with a decent idea?! look at the stats…some of these remakes aren’t quite making it.

however, if anything we should see Gerry in 299…the prequel to 300.

NOOOOOOO….no remake of Romancing the Stone! Enough is enough, Hollywood!!!!!

ESPECIALLY not with this douche! He’s as bad as Reese Witherspoon about calling the paps. I think he’s seen on here five times a day. What’s up, Jared? Enough is enough on that, too.

Oh god I think I’d rather watch grass grow than watch these two together again. Oh and he looks so busted lately

Darlin, now that’s what I call bed head. Sooo Cute!!

bitchen his feet stank

bent over @ 08/25/2011 at 8:16 pm

stinkin feet

@ewww: second that! And I would add I would rather watch paint dry and smell the fumes. All of the rebooting and remaking is pathetic and just wrong.

Thoughtful @ 08/25/2011 at 8:17 pm

Well, if there weren’t so many doggone remakes coming down the pike I’d say YESSSS!

Only because I’ve been thinking along these same lines for ages – how cool it would be to see Gerry play up the adventurer-type (a la Indiana Jones or Romancing the Stone)!

He’d be perfect.

But with Heigl? Um…not so much. And this remake craze is way overdone.

Who knows. Could be decent.

@Anne: Of course there are, it’s just that most of them are indies.

Mellifera @ 08/25/2011 at 8:23 pm

Oh please no. No to the remake, no to him co-starring with Dame Heigl again, no no NO.
Jeez I didn’t even have time to look at the pics, I was in such a rush to post this.
Why does HW feel the need to remake every movie from the last 30-odd years? GRRRRR

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 8:24 pm

OMG, Gerry baby, let me run my fingers through that adorable mess!!

Mellifera @ 08/25/2011 at 8:28 pm

OK, I’ve calmed down now and had a look at the pic. It looks so nice and sunny where he is. *jealous*
And I have to say this, I do know I’m in the minority here, but…
THAT HAIR IS GONNA HAVE ITS OWN POSTCODE SOON!

Wow, those eyes can either make you melt or freeze in your tracks. They look so blue there.

Explanation @ 08/25/2011 at 8:35 pm

Er …. it’s only a RUMOUR. Not a fact.

Anna Butler @ 08/25/2011 at 8:38 pm

Just about to watch my sexy scottish hunk on new movie .can’t wait to see Gerard oh my god yay about time so happy *** LOVE LOVE LOVE…

TheGR8NPwrfulOZ @ 08/25/2011 at 8:40 pm

MIght be good as long as they leave Heigl out of it !

Maggie P.U. @ 08/25/2011 at 8:49 pm

@13…. EA….nnnnooooo!!!!! I saw him first!!!!!!!!! I’ll get you another PG subscription and a case of classic…….!!!!!

Peace.

MPU

My god…it’s amazing what make up and special camera’s can do. This is what he looks like…wowwwwww

sockpuppet @ 08/25/2011 at 8:50 pm

@Alaia: f/o stupid.

Dragonette @ 08/25/2011 at 8:51 pm

Even the SHORTS are cargo. Dayum. That’s commitment (maybe the only thing he can commit to… *raised eyebrow* j/k.)

He’s said he generally doesn’t like the idea of remakes, hasn’t he? I hope he sticks to that rule in this case. Remakes and sequels seem to be flopping left and right, e.g. the $90 million-dollar Conan The Flopbarian making $10 mill on opening day…

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 8:54 pm

@Maggie P.U.: Oh Maggie!! You can’t have him all to yourself! Seriously?? Do you really think that I would settle for a PG mag and a Coke instead of that HOT MESS of a man??? LOL Can’t we just toss his fine A$$ into the gutter and share him in a civil and peaceful manner?? I’m sure he could handle the both of us. Or maybe not. =)

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 8:54 pm