Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler takes his pug Lolita for a walk on Thursday (August 25) in Malibu, Calif.

The day before, the 41-year-old Scottish actor visited an office in Beverly Hills, where he was joined by Live with Regis and Kelly host Regis Philbin.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Also rumored to be possibly joining the film: Katherine Heigl and Taylor Kitsch.

Bigger pic inside

gerard butler romancing katherine heigl

Jesus, I don’t think I could take another film with these two bores together. Not to mention, a remake of Romancing the Stone.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/25/2011 at 7:54 pm

Love love love his hair….:)

Peace.

MPU

Stop with the remakes already! you mean to tell me there is not a single original screenplay out there or a screenwriter that can come up with a decent idea?! look at the stats…some of these remakes aren’t quite making it.

however, if anything we should see Gerry in 299…the prequel to 300.

NOOOOOOO….no remake of Romancing the Stone! Enough is enough, Hollywood!!!!!

ESPECIALLY not with this douche! He’s as bad as Reese Witherspoon about calling the paps. I think he’s seen on here five times a day. What’s up, Jared? Enough is enough on that, too.

Oh god I think I’d rather watch grass grow than watch these two together again. Oh and he looks so busted lately

Darlin, now that’s what I call bed head. Sooo Cute!!

bitchen his feet stank

bent over @ 08/25/2011 at 8:16 pm

stinkin feet

@ewww: second that! And I would add I would rather watch paint dry and smell the fumes. All of the rebooting and remaking is pathetic and just wrong.

Thoughtful @ 08/25/2011 at 8:17 pm

Well, if there weren’t so many doggone remakes coming down the pike I’d say YESSSS!

Only because I’ve been thinking along these same lines for ages – how cool it would be to see Gerry play up the adventurer-type (a la Indiana Jones or Romancing the Stone)!

He’d be perfect.

But with Heigl? Um…not so much. And this remake craze is way overdone.

Who knows. Could be decent.

@Anne: Of course there are, it’s just that most of them are indies.

Mellifera @ 08/25/2011 at 8:23 pm

Oh please no. No to the remake, no to him co-starring with Dame Heigl again, no no NO.
Jeez I didn’t even have time to look at the pics, I was in such a rush to post this.
Why does HW feel the need to remake every movie from the last 30-odd years? GRRRRR

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 8:24 pm

OMG, Gerry baby, let me run my fingers through that adorable mess!!

Mellifera @ 08/25/2011 at 8:28 pm

OK, I’ve calmed down now and had a look at the pic. It looks so nice and sunny where he is. *jealous*
And I have to say this, I do know I’m in the minority here, but…
THAT HAIR IS GONNA HAVE ITS OWN POSTCODE SOON!

Wow, those eyes can either make you melt or freeze in your tracks. They look so blue there.

Explanation @ 08/25/2011 at 8:35 pm

Er …. it’s only a RUMOUR. Not a fact.

Anna Butler @ 08/25/2011 at 8:38 pm

Just about to watch my sexy scottish hunk on new movie .can’t wait to see Gerard oh my god yay about time so happy *** LOVE LOVE LOVE…

TheGR8NPwrfulOZ @ 08/25/2011 at 8:40 pm

MIght be good as long as they leave Heigl out of it !

Maggie P.U. @ 08/25/2011 at 8:49 pm

@13…. EA….nnnnooooo!!!!! I saw him first!!!!!!!!! I’ll get you another PG subscription and a case of classic…….!!!!!

Peace.

MPU

My god…it’s amazing what make up and special camera’s can do. This is what he looks like…wowwwwww

sockpuppet @ 08/25/2011 at 8:50 pm

@Alaia: f/o stupid.

Dragonette @ 08/25/2011 at 8:51 pm

Even the SHORTS are cargo. Dayum. That’s commitment (maybe the only thing he can commit to… *raised eyebrow* j/k.)

He’s said he generally doesn’t like the idea of remakes, hasn’t he? I hope he sticks to that rule in this case. Remakes and sequels seem to be flopping left and right, e.g. the $90 million-dollar Conan The Flopbarian making $10 mill on opening day…

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 8:54 pm

@Maggie P.U.: Oh Maggie!! You can’t have him all to yourself! Seriously?? Do you really think that I would settle for a PG mag and a Coke instead of that HOT MESS of a man??? LOL Can’t we just toss his fine A$$ into the gutter and share him in a civil and peaceful manner?? I’m sure he could handle the both of us. Or maybe not. =)

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 8:54 pm

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 8:55 pm

Not sure why that posted twice. Maybe I got a little excited??

I couldn’t help but giggle….this pic is so funny….sooo Gerard! Gotta love him! He should know by now that someone is going to “catch” him and snap a photo. Without a doubt, there were a few more taken as he walked along. I wonder if those will show up online somewhere??

He is such a pig, sticking his fingers up his co stars butt, kissing women he passes on the street, full of himself and why? He looks gross.

bitchin his feet stank -

blind v-ice @ 08/25/2011 at 9:23 pm

ted c said he had a blind vi-ce i wonder ‘who’ he is….
anyone know?

grossfatpiggerard @ 08/25/2011 at 9:24 pm

was on famous hookups – saw his roster.
the guy gets around doesnt he???

THIS MAN IS HORRENDOUSLY UGLY
JUST YUCK – ‘HE LOOKS LIKE THE SWEATY HOMELESS GUY WANDERING IN THE WOODS.

@lulu:
Don’t forget the donut that he put in his ******** and back in the box for the co-stars and cast to eat.
Nasty dude. I bet his crack is hairy as fµck.

********* < that was supposed to be bµtthole.

If that dude is 41, I’m 19 and dating Taylor Lautner.
He looks every bit of 50.
SOMEONE is a lying sack of sh*t.

@Broke..forgot about that, he is just so disgusting!

Seriously @ 08/25/2011 at 9:43 pm

Leave the Romance Scripts alone, Does your Agent need to be FIRED!!!!

Sally Tomato @ 08/25/2011 at 9:44 pm

The food at Cafe Habana keep you up last night, kid?

Dragonette @ 08/25/2011 at 9:51 pm

@Broke.: They weren’t actually the same donuts. The prank was to make the guys think they were eating them.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/25/2011 at 9:59 pm

I don’t understand why people have such a problem with remakes. How about True Grit? I think it’s a smashing idea and I would love to see Gerry do Jack Colton and Heigle do Wilder. I think people are forgetting how good the first one was with the treasure map, the emerald, the chasing through the jungle. Doesn’t anyone want to see Gerry all muddy and wet in the jungle? I hope this one happens! It’s sort of like a culmination of all of Gerry’s genres, action, comedy, suspense, thriller, and romance! LOL!

For f**k sakes Gerry, get a haircut and shave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/25/2011 at 10:05 pm

Hey they’re doing a Ghostbusters 3 and having some trouble with Murray getting on board. How bout Ger as a Ghostbuster? He wouldn’t even have to use his proton ionizer. He could just stare at the ghost and they’ll be BUTLERIZED! LOL!

I love it when Gerry and his adorable pug Lolita are together. They say dogs are mans best friend. They demonstrate what love is when together.

Katherine Hiegl is a good choice to play opposite Gerry in Romancing The Stone!

sockpuppet @ 08/25/2011 at 10:24 pm

@Seriously: Same troll talkin to itself back and forth.

Gerard has so many fans, and poor troll got none! ha.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/25/2011 at 10:38 pm

@25…ok, we can toss him in the gutter BUT! I get him first…. you can play with his cell phone and since I take no prisoners and show no mercy……(in a civil and peaceful manner :) no gurantees…. I’ll have him drink a few classics to get his mojo runnin’ again if he is able and then you can have him…… So sure I’ll share!!!! Then we will see how he handles his “visit to the EAMAGs” gutter and spa (we always have a relaxin’ atmosphere…)

Peace.

MPU

justsayin'too @ 08/25/2011 at 10:39 pm

As a screenwriter having attended several conferences lately, it’s all about the advertising budget and audience recognition. If a movie has a $40 million budget, the advertising budget is at least 20- 40 million. I had the pleasure of sitting with the writer and both directors of crazy stupid love and I asked this very question about remakes. This was the answer, if a movie already has an audience from a book, TV, graphic novel, etc… they don’t have to spend as much on advertising. That’s why so many new movies are indie. Studios want a sure thing, but hopefully they are seeing the public is SICK of remakes. Please no Romancing the Stone remake and not with GB and Heigel. The only way great scripts will be made into great movies is if the paying audience demands it. I say we boycott any remake or rehash of an old movie.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 10:42 pm

Okay now that hair is a mess. Cargo pants are hot, according to my Walmart flyer. Like I said boy need pockets apparently.

A romcom remake? Granted a superior romcom before romcoms got SOOOO boring and predictable. So why ruin a romcom classic. Walk away Gerry just walk away. You want to do something with Heigl, do something original.

Are there no decent original scripts in Hollywood. Surely there are thousands of good novels that could be adapted into something interesting.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 10:49 pm

Ha Lolita looks like, “I’m not with him, really”

Just kidding. She’s not a little girl anymore is she?

I hate wading through the muck and mire postings that are on the first few pages of a JJ Gerard Butler thread. It is always nice to see familiar posters’ names.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 11:29 pm

@justsayin’too: I see your point but it’s all a matter of timing, the quality of what you are remaking and how well you adapt the premise to make the story seem fresh.

True Grit was a great movie to start and far enough removed from the memory of most current moviegoers combined with a great cast and great tweaking.

Romancing the Stone is still too fresh in the minds of many moviegoers, judging by the people on Facebook and Twitter saying ixnay on this emakeray.

Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 11:36 pm

@Maggie P.U.: Okay, fair enough. I’ve always wanted to get my hands on his cell phone. I’ll erase the millions of women’s phone numbers in there and put ours in. Juice him up on Coke and I’m sure I can get him to go another round!

An adventure/romance with a slight comedy element might be a good idea for Gerard Butler. I would think it would be a different formula than the usual rom/com. With a well written script and the right female co-star…might be a winning combination. I am not sure if a remake of Romancing the Stone is the way to go. The chemistry between Micheal Douglas and Kathleen Turner was so strong, might be hard to duplicate it…much harder to surpass it. It would be risky.

justsayin'too @ 08/25/2011 at 11:44 pm

gossiphound-true there are good remakes, but they are so few and far between. True Grit was a great script and then the Coen brothers put there touch on it, plus 40 years had passed. To me making remakes from the 80′s and 90′s is just too much too soon.

Sorry for the double post. Mags and EnA are pure entertainment. It is a nice change.

Since when is looking and smelling like a bum hot? Just curious.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/25/2011 at 11:50 pm

@51 EA….ROTFLMAO!!!!! Sounds like a plan, I’ll have him down 6 before and 6 after and also give him some M/Ms……. we will make sure he remembers his visit to our gutter/spa….TRY!!! to keep it at say 2 rounds we have to make sure he can walk out on his own 2 feet…K?… we don’t want to create a scene and have paps all over the place. Would be bad for our image…..

Peace.

MPU

Maybe they should put Gerry in a movie called ‘Romancing the Bone’ Bet that would be a hit LOL.

Did someone say there was a picture of him with his dog somewhere, I don’t think so. Not here, there or anywhere.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 11:56 pm

@justsayin’too: Agreed. What is next St. Elmo’s Fire? Pretty in Pink? Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? I’m still not stoked about DiCaprio playing Jay Gatsby but hey, that was a 70s movie.

Oh right they are redoing Dirty Dancing. That’s tough if you loved the original but I can see with the popularity of all the dance shows on TV like DWTS and SYTYCD and all the Dance crews competitions, you freshen up the dance styles and make it more current it will work.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 11:58 pm

@leslie51: PSML Lolita gives it 2 thumbs up.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 11:59 pm

@Mani: Look for the Bigger Pic inside and click.

Pardon me while I puke.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:07 am

@Maggie P.U.: I don’t think I can guarantee that he’ll walk out on his own. LOL But I’ll try. LOL

@Mani: @gossiphound: Yeah it is kind of like his smoke and his wave… you have to look for it. sooo Gerard!

MarieDevereux @ 08/26/2011 at 12:16 am

Enough with the horrible comments about him and his appearance. I’m sure you ladies don’t wake up looking like you just walked out of a Sephora/M.A.C. Store, or with your hair completely gorgeously styled up. He took a shower, brushed it and just let it air dry. Let him be himself. Why are you so hung up on his looks? For his age, he still looks damn gorgeous. As for the movie, as much as I don’t want them to remake the movie “Romancing the Stone”, Hollywood doesn’t seem to be doing much with originality, since they are also remaking “The Great Gatsby.”
Ladies, please, leave the man alone with his looks. If you don’t like the way he looks, then why are you even here? Yeah, sure, leave your opinion, but do you honestly think that the fans that really like him are going to want to read the vapid things you have to say about his looks? Take your comments elsewhere, please. Gerard is a gorgeous man who is still flaunting his good looks, and I adore him, what can I say? Of course, if he ever reads these: Gerard, you’re wonderful. Please continue to do all the incredible things you do. I’ll be watching them, regardless.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:18 am

@MarieDevereux: Doesn’t matter to me what he does to his hair and it doesn’t matter to me what he wears—I still think he’s the most beautiful man on the planet.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:19 am

@69 EA (how convienent-69 get it LOL) well ok…. we can always say he got a little dizzy in the “sauna”…..

Peace.

MPU

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:26 am

@Maggie P.U.: LOL LOL 69 yesssssssssssss LOL

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:34 am

@EA…leave it to mmwah to notice it was “69″…… grabs yellow towel while headin’ back to the gutter/spa……..

Peace.

MPU

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:37 am

@ EA 74 forgot to add to my last… u can call me “The Stone”….. get it “Romancing THE STONE” HA!!!

Peace.

MPU

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:48 am

@Maggie P.U.: LOL Have a good night “The Stone”! LOL I’m off to have gutter dreams of Gerry’s wild hair and wrinkled clothes!!

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:54 am

You to EA….. ya might want to keep a yellow towel close by or wear a diaper…. knowing your “gutter dreams”

Peace.

MPU aka “The Stone”

Another thread? We were still getting the kinks worked out of the last one. Talk about just rollin out of bed, he sure has some serious bedhead going on. Love the eyes…..piercing wouldn’t you say. And his phone in his ear as usual. That’s our GB.

As far as the remake goes, I’m not sure movie-goers are ready for another one. Gossip, you’re right, are there no original scripts out there worth sinking money into? Are all the script writer on a permanent siesta? At least GB and company are trying to produce movies based on books.

To all east coasters, my prayers are with you. Stay safe!

Mellifera @ 08/26/2011 at 2:23 am

@Latesummer’s Eve: You’re right about True Grit, it was a good movie although I had a devil of a time trying to understand what the heck Jeff Bridges was muttering most of the time. My ear was right up to the TV!
But think of all the other remakes coming out that we could all very easily do without: Footloose, Dirty Dancing, The Crow, A Star is Born…oh dear, I’m weeping just thinking of how cr@p they’re going to be compared to the originals.
But I have to admit that I am being hypocritical because I am looking forward to these remakes very much: Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy (seen the trailer yet? looks soooo good) and Dambusters. Although the casting of Dambusters could make me change my mind; I love The Great Gatsby as a book but won’t be going to see Leo and Tobey ponce their way around the screen.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 3:00 am

@Mani: ugly troll.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 4:00 am

@BLIND VICE….: ah, the troll is back, talking to itself…

bystander @ 08/26/2011 at 4:18 am

Ugh, I’m in the no remake, no Heigl camp. Is Priyanka Chopra still staying with Mr Butler? Would explain ‘ just out of bed’ Gerry! If it really was just good friends wouldn’t we be seeing ‘ sexually frustrated, get out of my face ‘ Gerry?

Has Gerry got a Tattoo?. What is the mark just showing beneath his shorts ( left leg).A tattoo or nasty bruise?.

Oh,no. No more remakes!!…. doesn’t anyone in Hollywood have a creative mind anymore?….C’mon Hollyweirders…. we want something new!!… and no more stupid romcoms &2012 type stuff please!!

@bystander: Priyanka isn’t staying with Gerard , she was staying at his house in Los Feliz, while he was, and as far as I can tell by this pics , is still staying in Malibu.

angelsrock @ 08/26/2011 at 7:16 am

@gossiphound:

Oh gosh! That is the ultimate bed-head. I guess Lolita couldn’t wait for Gerry to even grab a hat! Actually I had the same thing happen this morning. Buddy just had to go so I was out back with my hair a mess and my jammies on! Hope there were no paps around!

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 8:23 am

Good Morning JJer’s! Not happy that this hurricane is still bearing down upon us–and I have to move both of my kids into their college dorms this weekend. It’s gonna be messy! Much worse than Gerry’s hair. Which is still quite the turn on I might add.
Have a great day!!

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 8:23 am

Have a great day!!

@Me2:
It’s not even confirmed that Priyanka was staying in Los Feliz. The gossip piece said she was at Gerry’s villa in Beverly Hills (which he does not have). I suspect the entire thing was made up. I’ve read gossip articles before about Gerry and Priyanka (as well as other Indian actresses) that were complete fabrications. I’ll bet this is yet another. If Priyanka is there on business (she’s supposedly recording an album) her first class accommodations would already be arranged for her ahead of time as part of her contract. She does not have to stay at a friend’s house. That’s ridiculous. It’s a b.s. story to link Gerry’s name with a Bollywood actress and silly little things like facts are rarely respected. These Bollywood stories about Gerry are notoriously inaccurate.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 9:01 am

GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING, A DOUBLE SHOT!LOL,It’s another wonderful day! another thread of Gerry, LOL. Better than expresso, LOL, OMG, I just love Gerrys sweet face and he’s with his best girl, LOL Lolita….Just love them both! He looks GREAT! Love the Hair, Green Soft Eyes, just a carefree look, I admire Gerry for his Grace and Style, Looks like another Movie Idea! Wow, guess he likes to keep the reel going. I would love to see Gerry and Kathie work together again, the on screen chemistry was JUST MAGIC!…..Well I am a happy camper after seeing this, Gerry and Lolita are to sweet!
HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU GERRY AND LOLITA!LOL…..
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

cubedweller @ 08/26/2011 at 9:17 am

If he stood on his head, he’d be a human Swiffer.

cubedweller @ 08/26/2011 at 9:26 am

I give a thumbs down to a “Romancing the Stones” reboot. But I would love to see him do another film with Heigl. I thought they had great chemistry, and were very funny together. IMO he needs a strong partner onscreen to balance his sometimes over-the-top acting. I thought she was one of the best, as far as his leading ladies go. Feel free to disagree.
Best wishes to the East Coasters. Off to FB to check on my Carolina peeps. Have a great weekend, all!

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 9:33 am

Reply to 80:***- Hey there ***, No that is just pull string, if you look on the right you will see another as well. Most of the Cargo Pants have a draw string on them. Appilonia G. MontiNegro

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 9:48 am

@MarieDevereux:
Yea you said it SISTER, LOL, I just love Gerry the way he is. Pretty close to perfect in my eyes. lol, I love to watch Gerry work, Gerry and Alan have a few projects that they are going to produce, I CANT WAIT, Did you see LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, WOW, Gerry brought it home, and I just know that MGP is going to bring a smile on that sweet face wihen he walks up to get his OSCAR! You know I have thought about remakes and Gerry, If he does them, I would like to see him make a revision of RIFFLE MAN! Gerry holding that Gun and walking down the street, only you know boost it up alittle, add a couple of guys next to him. Or Yea , Perry Mason!, I think he would be great! Gerry is so versitable with his work, I believe these 2 oldies would be BLOCKBUSTERS for everyone…..I also would love someone to write a Western for Gerry, You know a action pack, soga! Like Lonesone Dove but Better, You know put a spin on it, Silverado, but mostly the story needs to be REALLY DIFFERENT! Gerry would be great! LOL, I guess I will have to wait my turn. Appilonia G. MontiNegro

@.: Priyanka was friends with Butler until he goofed with her that he wanted fwb. Indian women usually want monogamy. So after his much flirtations she figured out after a visit to LA a year or so back “never consider someone a priority when you are only a option. And she ran back to India to her ex.

@Update: She was on a film shoot at the time in Arizona. She left after all that.

MGP costs $40 million to produce. Wow that’s a lot of dough for an indie and especially opens with limited release.. Here is hoping MGP will start slow and snowball to a monster of a success like King’s Speech, The Fighter, True Grit and Black Swan.

He looks so adorable with that mop of a head. Blue color of the shirt really does bring out his eye color. Amazing. I noticed in the MGP trailer his eye color is darkened to match Sam’s.

Gerry needs a strong actress to counteract him and not to be intimidated by his presence. Rather to err on choosing someone the rough side than picking skinny dainty dames.

Hola a todos les dejo esta cancion muy romantica de Nat King Cole……Besame,besame mucho,each time I Cling to your kiss,I hear music divine…Besame mucho…..Holding my darling and say that you’ll always be mine.This joy is something new my arms enfolding you.Never knew this thrill before.Whoever thought I’d be holding you close to me.Whispering “IT’S YOU I ADORE”…Dearest one…if you should leave me each little dream would take wing and my life would be through……Besame mucho…..love me forever and make all my dreaam come true….BESAME,MUCHO….BESAME,MUCHO…. GUTEN MORGEN ….ADIOS.

@CHOLITA: CHOLITA, QUANDO VAS A HABLAR ENGLES? NO ONE HERE LIKES YOU TO POST THIS WAY, YOU ARE DISHONORING GERRY,! EVERYONE OF YOUR POSTS ARE STUPID! MUY STUPIDA’! Appi

@.: Yeah.. you’re probably right. I didn’t think of that.

Gerry honey…if this “opportunity” comes your way, don’t do it! I’m one of the minority – I loved TUT & thought that Gerry and Katherine had pretty good chemistry together, as opposed to him and JA. That’s only my opinion. Believe it or not, I also actually liked the original RTS – I thought it was a hoot in a slapstick sort of way. HOWEVER, I think remaking it in the same light-hearted tenor as the first one would be a complete disaster, Now, if they wanted to rework it to make it edgier, darker and sexier, I just might be willing to go along for the ride. :-)
Peace everyone!
Paisley

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/26/2011 at 1:42 pm

@justsayin’too:

I’m a screenwriter too and I love the challenge of making a remake of an older version of a classic in to a more modern and updated take on the story.
I think RTS as a remake would be excellent, especially if Gerry is in it and I DO like remakes. If you don’t like them then don’t go see them but don’t make such a big deal out of it as if everyone doesn’t like them. Speak for yourself. LOL!

@Enough Already:

“Doesn’t matter to me what he does to his hair and it doesn’t matter to me what he wears—I still think he’s the most beautiful man on the planet.”
Yeah, me too. I’m hooked but everytime I look at him, no matter what he’s wearing, I just see him naked! LOL!

@Mellifera:
A Star Is Born has already been remade once. The first one was with Judy Garland, the second with Babs and now the new one.

“If Priyanka is there on business (she’s supposedly recording an album) her first class accommodations would already be arranged for her ahead of time as part of her contract. She does not have to stay at a friend’s house. That’s ridiculous. It’s a b.s. story to link Gerry’s name with a Bollywood actress and silly little things like facts are rarely respected. These Bollywood stories about Gerry are notoriously inaccurate.”
Absolutely. Besides, Indian women are bound by strict religious beliefs and sexual and relationship protocol and staying in a man’s house while she’s there is probably taboo anyway. I’m doubting the entire story.

@lolita: Hi Lolita! When my Scorpio hubby gets that same gleam in his (brown) eyes, I call it the “hairy eyeball o’ death”…
;-D
((hugs))
Paisley

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 1:51 pm

@cubedweller: mean! but funny. ha

@cubedweller: Cubie that’s awesome…I almost choked on my iced coffee. Thank you for that wonderfully hysterical mental image! The mop IS a tad out of control, isn’t it? But that’s what happens when he lets it grow out and doesn’t plaster it down with styling product…
(hugs)
Paisley

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 2:25 pm

@Update: another dummy with “special” knowing of celeb thinking.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 2:39 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/kamla Still trying to come to terms with Gerard Butler’s new film Machine Gun Preacher. Gritty, true story that leaves you rattled.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 3:04 pm

@Tonto:
HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU GERRY AND LOLITA!LOL…..
God Bless are East Coast people! Be Safe….
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

@gossiphound:

IMO, Leo is so wrong for Jay Gatsby (one of my fave books, btw) His voice alone is all wrong. If I had to cast someone current, to me Jim Caveizel would be the perfect choice. He has the quiet charisma that Gatsby needs, and is remarkable at emoting with his eyes. Leo is just too bland. There needs to be that hidden current of passion in Gatsby, and I think Leo’s boyishness will kill the mystery. I didn’t care for for Robert Redford’s portrayal in the role either. Too bad they can’t get it just right like they did with To Kill A Mockingbird. IMO, that’s the best book to movie ever.

Swannie

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 3:08 pm

Reply to Tonto-Nice Post Tonto- This photo is A DOUBLE SHOT!LOL,It’s another wonderful day! another thread of Gerry, LOL. Better than expresso, LOL, OMG, I just love Gerrys sweet face and he’s with his best girl, LOL Lolita….Just love them both! He looks GREAT! Love the Hair, Green Soft Eyes, just a carefree look, I admire Gerry for his Grace and Style, Looks like another Movie Idea! Wow, guess he likes to keep the reel going. I would love to see Gerry and Kathie work together again, the on screen chemistry was JUST MAGIC!…..Well I am a happy camper after seeing this, Gerry and Lolita are to sweet!
HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU GERRY AND LOLITA!LOL…..
God Bless are East Coast people! Be Safe….
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 3:09 pm

@N.: Interesting who else do we think would have chemistry with Butler

Hayek and Butler is only suggestion I got off top of head I have to muse upon this. Well Lena Headey any day. Maybe Beckinsdale in the right story.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 3:13 pm

oops, the board is acting weird, sorry for the double post! I had many, many thumbs up and now there gone, Guess someone has an issue. Sorry if I have affended anyone I did not mean to on any level. Appi

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 3:15 pm

@Latesummer’s Eve: Eve, I’m with you on the naked thing! LOL Always nice to come back and read the posts. Such a big change from just a few days ago!

Esta cancion es muy hermosa y va para todos aquellos que buscan el verdadero amor les dejo con ALEXANDER RYBAK y la cancion se llama DOLPHIN…..Drifting along,where am I to go?the porpuse in me,sadly I don’t know,who’ll take my hand?I’m sailing in the sand.Nothing to enjoy,feeling quite drestroyed.But I know the magic dolphin,swimming above the world and in my dreams he promised me that someday I’ll find my girl.No one to love,no one to lose.All by myself,this is what I choose.Lovers everywhere,why should I even care?Will I ever change?that would sure be strange.But I know a magic Dolphin.swimming above the world and in my dreams he promised me that someone I’ll find my girl.She has the taste of summer,cute shiny eyes of love and until I find that girl of mine,I have a friend above,I friend above……. adios.

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 3:27 pm

@Latesummer’s Eve: I think the opinions on remakes are also a consideration of whether it is the the best career move for Mr. Butler right now. Whether this particular remake is a good idea. We will all have varying opinions on that.

If I were a screenwriter I’d think it would be more fun to take a book and adapt it rather than another screenwriter’s original handiwork. Of course it would be the best to adapt your own novel but one may lack objectivity to do a good adaptation.

Can’t wait to hear how John Logan adapted Coriolanus for screen. A few reviewers are thinking Ralph with John’s skill may just have made a Shakespearean adaption that may be accessible to more than just the Shakespearian crowd.

So where is that Citizen Kane remake, Rosebud. Actually I did enjoy the movie that looked behind the scenes of Citizen Kane with Liev Shreiber, not bad for a made for TV movie.

I just love his hair like this. It’s so wild and free! Good to see “little Lita” teamed up with her dad again. I’m biting my tongue on the no leash thing. With that said, she’s much like her dad… she can spot the cameras too. Good to see him. He looks terrific!
“Gerry is reportedly being considered for a role in the reboot of the 1984 classic Romancing the Stone.”
Being considered is nothing, but well, being considered. It’s just something for people to talk about so people can get feed back on the idea. No, better ideas are out there… and Gerry knows that.
~K

The pictures are so funny. The man looks like a crazy tramp. Even his pug dog doesn’t want to walk to close to him. Ole GB must be smelling at bit ripe.

@gossiphound: IMO Lena is one of the few co-stars he had who can look him in the eyes and act in a calm way without resorting to shrillness like Aniston and Heigl. Maria Bello is great too. Gerry is all man and I can see some actresses just don’t know how to act around his uber masculinity.

Poor old pug. She hardly ever sees her owner. When she does she always has a slightly forlorn look about her when she’s with him. I bet most of his FWBs have a similar expression.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 4:48 pm

“ChrisSurratt: Got to see a premier of the movie “Machine Gun Preacher” this morning. Very intense and very good.

“Darren Tyler Just got back from the screening of Machine Gun preacher. Uh.. wow ”

“mescea Totally blown away by Machine Gun Preacher screening today (http://t.co/eN67D6B)… Can’t wait to read Another Man’s War. #fb “

Wouldn’t be surprised if the poor old chubby pug is on bad doggy antidepressants.

dargabriel @ 08/26/2011 at 5:02 pm

@CHOLITA: cholita, you are a Beautiful soul and I really hope you keep posting your wonderful words, I know that if Gerard saw what you posts he would be moved, Gerard adores heart felt things, most of the time it brings him to tears. Cheers to Gerard in his very busy life much happiness and joy. Love and light, dargabriel

New thread with some nice surfing pics.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
No more romcoms with Heigl. PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Watched Life as We Know It and Heigl had as much chemistry with Josh Duhamel as Aniston had with Butler in Booty Hunter. Nada.
Doesn’t anyone in HW have an original bone in their body?
I disagree with Eve, Butler should stay ten miles away from a remake of Romancing the Stone. Sorry but everyone will be comparing him to Michael Douglass who was so perfect in that role. I would definitely vote with the others… ixnay on the emakray…
Gossiphound and Justsaytoo enjoyed the industry talk. Other than that the thread has been a little too sacchariny for me. I just don’t find Butler to be the end-all-be-all any more in the looks department. Maybe when he quits the ciggies and trying to be a manorexic poster boy I’ll get that loving feeling back.
Butler looks homeless in the above photos. I guess that is one way to keep peeps away. Look like a true bum and no one will want to get near for fear of the smell. :)))

Be Gone Manny @ 08/26/2011 at 6:22 pm

@Manny: You obviously enjoy his “smell” or you won’t be back for the seconds. Your hypocrisy shows as always.

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 7:39 pm

Sometimes I wonder if studios/directors/producers drop these rumours as trial balloons, to gauge the reaction.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/26/2011 at 7:49 pm

@gossiphound:

As far as determining whether doing a remake is a good career move for GB is really not our call. I’m sure he’ll know if it’s right for him or not. I’m sure he doesn’t want to get stuck in doing just serious stuff all the time either and RTS has a proven track record.
I think remakes are great and give new generations a chance to see good stories retold with new fresh actors. I don’t think it’s done because they’ve run out of ideas. I wish they’d remake Gone With The Wind, All About Eve and A Place In The Sun. The owners to the rights to AAE say it will never happen though.

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 7:53 pm

Well duh of course it is not our call but this is a gossip and discussion board where people discuss things and if you don’t agree that is one thing but don’t be trite and condescending.