Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler takes his pug Lolita for a walk on Thursday (August 25) in Malibu, Calif.

The day before, the 41-year-old Scottish actor visited an office in Beverly Hills, where he was joined by Live with Regis and Kelly host Regis Philbin.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerry is reportedly being considered for a role in the reboot of the 1984 classic Romancing the Stone.

Also rumored to be possibly joining the film: Katherine Heigl and Taylor Kitsch.

Bigger pic inside

gerard butler romancing katherine heigl

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All
Enough Already @ 08/25/2011 at 11:36 pm

@Maggie P.U.: Okay, fair enough. I’ve always wanted to get my hands on his cell phone. I’ll erase the millions of women’s phone numbers in there and put ours in. Juice him up on Coke and I’m sure I can get him to go another round!

An adventure/romance with a slight comedy element might be a good idea for Gerard Butler. I would think it would be a different formula than the usual rom/com. With a well written script and the right female co-star…might be a winning combination. I am not sure if a remake of Romancing the Stone is the way to go. The chemistry between Micheal Douglas and Kathleen Turner was so strong, might be hard to duplicate it…much harder to surpass it. It would be risky.

justsayin'too @ 08/25/2011 at 11:44 pm

gossiphound-true there are good remakes, but they are so few and far between. True Grit was a great script and then the Coen brothers put there touch on it, plus 40 years had passed. To me making remakes from the 80′s and 90′s is just too much too soon.

Sorry for the double post. Mags and EnA are pure entertainment. It is a nice change.

Since when is looking and smelling like a bum hot? Just curious.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/25/2011 at 11:50 pm

@51 EA….ROTFLMAO!!!!! Sounds like a plan, I’ll have him down 6 before and 6 after and also give him some M/Ms……. we will make sure he remembers his visit to our gutter/spa….TRY!!! to keep it at say 2 rounds we have to make sure he can walk out on his own 2 feet…K?… we don’t want to create a scene and have paps all over the place. Would be bad for our image…..

Peace.

MPU

Maybe they should put Gerry in a movie called ‘Romancing the Bone’ Bet that would be a hit LOL.

Did someone say there was a picture of him with his dog somewhere, I don’t think so. Not here, there or anywhere.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 11:56 pm

@justsayin’too: Agreed. What is next St. Elmo’s Fire? Pretty in Pink? Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? I’m still not stoked about DiCaprio playing Jay Gatsby but hey, that was a 70s movie.

Oh right they are redoing Dirty Dancing. That’s tough if you loved the original but I can see with the popularity of all the dance shows on TV like DWTS and SYTYCD and all the Dance crews competitions, you freshen up the dance styles and make it more current it will work.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 11:58 pm

@leslie51: PSML Lolita gives it 2 thumbs up.

gossiphound @ 08/25/2011 at 11:59 pm

@Mani: Look for the Bigger Pic inside and click.

Pardon me while I puke.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:07 am

@Maggie P.U.: I don’t think I can guarantee that he’ll walk out on his own. LOL But I’ll try. LOL

@Mani: @gossiphound: Yeah it is kind of like his smoke and his wave… you have to look for it. sooo Gerard!

MarieDevereux @ 08/26/2011 at 12:16 am

Enough with the horrible comments about him and his appearance. I’m sure you ladies don’t wake up looking like you just walked out of a Sephora/M.A.C. Store, or with your hair completely gorgeously styled up. He took a shower, brushed it and just let it air dry. Let him be himself. Why are you so hung up on his looks? For his age, he still looks damn gorgeous. As for the movie, as much as I don’t want them to remake the movie “Romancing the Stone”, Hollywood doesn’t seem to be doing much with originality, since they are also remaking “The Great Gatsby.”
Ladies, please, leave the man alone with his looks. If you don’t like the way he looks, then why are you even here? Yeah, sure, leave your opinion, but do you honestly think that the fans that really like him are going to want to read the vapid things you have to say about his looks? Take your comments elsewhere, please. Gerard is a gorgeous man who is still flaunting his good looks, and I adore him, what can I say? Of course, if he ever reads these: Gerard, you’re wonderful. Please continue to do all the incredible things you do. I’ll be watching them, regardless.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:18 am

@MarieDevereux: Doesn’t matter to me what he does to his hair and it doesn’t matter to me what he wears—I still think he’s the most beautiful man on the planet.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:19 am

@69 EA (how convienent-69 get it LOL) well ok…. we can always say he got a little dizzy in the “sauna”…..

Peace.

MPU

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:26 am

@Maggie P.U.: LOL LOL 69 yesssssssssssss LOL

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:34 am

@EA…leave it to mmwah to notice it was “69″…… grabs yellow towel while headin’ back to the gutter/spa……..

Peace.

MPU

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:37 am

@ EA 74 forgot to add to my last… u can call me “The Stone”….. get it “Romancing THE STONE” HA!!!

Peace.

MPU

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 12:48 am

@Maggie P.U.: LOL Have a good night “The Stone”! LOL I’m off to have gutter dreams of Gerry’s wild hair and wrinkled clothes!!

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 12:54 am

You to EA….. ya might want to keep a yellow towel close by or wear a diaper…. knowing your “gutter dreams”

Peace.

MPU aka “The Stone”

Another thread? We were still getting the kinks worked out of the last one. Talk about just rollin out of bed, he sure has some serious bedhead going on. Love the eyes…..piercing wouldn’t you say. And his phone in his ear as usual. That’s our GB.

As far as the remake goes, I’m not sure movie-goers are ready for another one. Gossip, you’re right, are there no original scripts out there worth sinking money into? Are all the script writer on a permanent siesta? At least GB and company are trying to produce movies based on books.

To all east coasters, my prayers are with you. Stay safe!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All