Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler takes his pug Lolita for a walk on Thursday (August 25) in Malibu, Calif.

The day before, the 41-year-old Scottish actor visited an office in Beverly Hills, where he was joined by Live with Regis and Kelly host Regis Philbin.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerry is reportedly being considered for a role in the reboot of the 1984 classic Romancing the Stone.

Also rumored to be possibly joining the film: Katherine Heigl and Taylor Kitsch.

Bigger pic inside

gerard butler romancing katherine heigl

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All
Mellifera @ 08/26/2011 at 2:23 am

@Latesummer’s Eve: You’re right about True Grit, it was a good movie although I had a devil of a time trying to understand what the heck Jeff Bridges was muttering most of the time. My ear was right up to the TV!
But think of all the other remakes coming out that we could all very easily do without: Footloose, Dirty Dancing, The Crow, A Star is Born…oh dear, I’m weeping just thinking of how cr@p they’re going to be compared to the originals.
But I have to admit that I am being hypocritical because I am looking forward to these remakes very much: Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy (seen the trailer yet? looks soooo good) and Dambusters. Although the casting of Dambusters could make me change my mind; I love The Great Gatsby as a book but won’t be going to see Leo and Tobey ponce their way around the screen.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 3:00 am

@Mani: ugly troll.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 4:00 am

@BLIND VICE….: ah, the troll is back, talking to itself…

bystander @ 08/26/2011 at 4:18 am

Ugh, I’m in the no remake, no Heigl camp. Is Priyanka Chopra still staying with Mr Butler? Would explain ‘ just out of bed’ Gerry! If it really was just good friends wouldn’t we be seeing ‘ sexually frustrated, get out of my face ‘ Gerry?

Has Gerry got a Tattoo?. What is the mark just showing beneath his shorts ( left leg).A tattoo or nasty bruise?.

Oh,no. No more remakes!!…. doesn’t anyone in Hollywood have a creative mind anymore?….C’mon Hollyweirders…. we want something new!!… and no more stupid romcoms &2012 type stuff please!!

@bystander: Priyanka isn’t staying with Gerard , she was staying at his house in Los Feliz, while he was, and as far as I can tell by this pics , is still staying in Malibu.

angelsrock @ 08/26/2011 at 7:16 am

@gossiphound:

Oh gosh! That is the ultimate bed-head. I guess Lolita couldn’t wait for Gerry to even grab a hat! Actually I had the same thing happen this morning. Buddy just had to go so I was out back with my hair a mess and my jammies on! Hope there were no paps around!

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 8:23 am

Good Morning JJer’s! Not happy that this hurricane is still bearing down upon us–and I have to move both of my kids into their college dorms this weekend. It’s gonna be messy! Much worse than Gerry’s hair. Which is still quite the turn on I might add.
Have a great day!!

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 8:23 am

Have a great day!!

@Me2:
It’s not even confirmed that Priyanka was staying in Los Feliz. The gossip piece said she was at Gerry’s villa in Beverly Hills (which he does not have). I suspect the entire thing was made up. I’ve read gossip articles before about Gerry and Priyanka (as well as other Indian actresses) that were complete fabrications. I’ll bet this is yet another. If Priyanka is there on business (she’s supposedly recording an album) her first class accommodations would already be arranged for her ahead of time as part of her contract. She does not have to stay at a friend’s house. That’s ridiculous. It’s a b.s. story to link Gerry’s name with a Bollywood actress and silly little things like facts are rarely respected. These Bollywood stories about Gerry are notoriously inaccurate.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 9:01 am

GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING, A DOUBLE SHOT!LOL,It’s another wonderful day! another thread of Gerry, LOL. Better than expresso, LOL, OMG, I just love Gerrys sweet face and he’s with his best girl, LOL Lolita….Just love them both! He looks GREAT! Love the Hair, Green Soft Eyes, just a carefree look, I admire Gerry for his Grace and Style, Looks like another Movie Idea! Wow, guess he likes to keep the reel going. I would love to see Gerry and Kathie work together again, the on screen chemistry was JUST MAGIC!…..Well I am a happy camper after seeing this, Gerry and Lolita are to sweet!
HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU GERRY AND LOLITA!LOL…..
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

cubedweller @ 08/26/2011 at 9:17 am

If he stood on his head, he’d be a human Swiffer.

cubedweller @ 08/26/2011 at 9:26 am

I give a thumbs down to a “Romancing the Stones” reboot. But I would love to see him do another film with Heigl. I thought they had great chemistry, and were very funny together. IMO he needs a strong partner onscreen to balance his sometimes over-the-top acting. I thought she was one of the best, as far as his leading ladies go. Feel free to disagree.
Best wishes to the East Coasters. Off to FB to check on my Carolina peeps. Have a great weekend, all!

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 9:33 am

Reply to 80:***- Hey there ***, No that is just pull string, if you look on the right you will see another as well. Most of the Cargo Pants have a draw string on them. Appilonia G. MontiNegro

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 9:48 am

@MarieDevereux:
Yea you said it SISTER, LOL, I just love Gerry the way he is. Pretty close to perfect in my eyes. lol, I love to watch Gerry work, Gerry and Alan have a few projects that they are going to produce, I CANT WAIT, Did you see LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, WOW, Gerry brought it home, and I just know that MGP is going to bring a smile on that sweet face wihen he walks up to get his OSCAR! You know I have thought about remakes and Gerry, If he does them, I would like to see him make a revision of RIFFLE MAN! Gerry holding that Gun and walking down the street, only you know boost it up alittle, add a couple of guys next to him. Or Yea , Perry Mason!, I think he would be great! Gerry is so versitable with his work, I believe these 2 oldies would be BLOCKBUSTERS for everyone…..I also would love someone to write a Western for Gerry, You know a action pack, soga! Like Lonesone Dove but Better, You know put a spin on it, Silverado, but mostly the story needs to be REALLY DIFFERENT! Gerry would be great! LOL, I guess I will have to wait my turn. Appilonia G. MontiNegro

@.: Priyanka was friends with Butler until he goofed with her that he wanted fwb. Indian women usually want monogamy. So after his much flirtations she figured out after a visit to LA a year or so back “never consider someone a priority when you are only a option. And she ran back to India to her ex.

@Update: She was on a film shoot at the time in Arizona. She left after all that.

MGP costs $40 million to produce. Wow that’s a lot of dough for an indie and especially opens with limited release.. Here is hoping MGP will start slow and snowball to a monster of a success like King’s Speech, The Fighter, True Grit and Black Swan.

He looks so adorable with that mop of a head. Blue color of the shirt really does bring out his eye color. Amazing. I noticed in the MGP trailer his eye color is darkened to match Sam’s.

Gerry needs a strong actress to counteract him and not to be intimidated by his presence. Rather to err on choosing someone the rough side than picking skinny dainty dames.

Hola a todos les dejo esta cancion muy romantica de Nat King Cole……Besame,besame mucho,each time I Cling to your kiss,I hear music divine…Besame mucho…..Holding my darling and say that you’ll always be mine.This joy is something new my arms enfolding you.Never knew this thrill before.Whoever thought I’d be holding you close to me.Whispering “IT’S YOU I ADORE”…Dearest one…if you should leave me each little dream would take wing and my life would be through……Besame mucho…..love me forever and make all my dreaam come true….BESAME,MUCHO….BESAME,MUCHO…. GUTEN MORGEN ….ADIOS.

@CHOLITA: CHOLITA, QUANDO VAS A HABLAR ENGLES? NO ONE HERE LIKES YOU TO POST THIS WAY, YOU ARE DISHONORING GERRY,! EVERYONE OF YOUR POSTS ARE STUPID! MUY STUPIDA’! Appi

@.: Yeah.. you’re probably right. I didn’t think of that.

Gerry honey…if this “opportunity” comes your way, don’t do it! I’m one of the minority – I loved TUT & thought that Gerry and Katherine had pretty good chemistry together, as opposed to him and JA. That’s only my opinion. Believe it or not, I also actually liked the original RTS – I thought it was a hoot in a slapstick sort of way. HOWEVER, I think remaking it in the same light-hearted tenor as the first one would be a complete disaster, Now, if they wanted to rework it to make it edgier, darker and sexier, I just might be willing to go along for the ride. :-)
Peace everyone!
Paisley

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/26/2011 at 1:42 pm

@justsayin’too:

I’m a screenwriter too and I love the challenge of making a remake of an older version of a classic in to a more modern and updated take on the story.
I think RTS as a remake would be excellent, especially if Gerry is in it and I DO like remakes. If you don’t like them then don’t go see them but don’t make such a big deal out of it as if everyone doesn’t like them. Speak for yourself. LOL!

@Enough Already:

“Doesn’t matter to me what he does to his hair and it doesn’t matter to me what he wears—I still think he’s the most beautiful man on the planet.”
Yeah, me too. I’m hooked but everytime I look at him, no matter what he’s wearing, I just see him naked! LOL!

@Mellifera:
A Star Is Born has already been remade once. The first one was with Judy Garland, the second with Babs and now the new one.

“If Priyanka is there on business (she’s supposedly recording an album) her first class accommodations would already be arranged for her ahead of time as part of her contract. She does not have to stay at a friend’s house. That’s ridiculous. It’s a b.s. story to link Gerry’s name with a Bollywood actress and silly little things like facts are rarely respected. These Bollywood stories about Gerry are notoriously inaccurate.”
Absolutely. Besides, Indian women are bound by strict religious beliefs and sexual and relationship protocol and staying in a man’s house while she’s there is probably taboo anyway. I’m doubting the entire story.

@lolita: Hi Lolita! When my Scorpio hubby gets that same gleam in his (brown) eyes, I call it the “hairy eyeball o’ death”…
;-D
((hugs))
Paisley

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 1:51 pm

@cubedweller: mean! but funny. ha

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All