Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler: 'Romancing' with Katherine Heigl?

Gerard Butler takes his pug Lolita for a walk on Thursday (August 25) in Malibu, Calif.

The day before, the 41-year-old Scottish actor visited an office in Beverly Hills, where he was joined by Live with Regis and Kelly host Regis Philbin.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Also rumored to be possibly joining the film: Katherine Heigl and Taylor Kitsch.

Bigger pic inside

gerard butler romancing katherine heigl

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] Show All

@cubedweller: Cubie that’s awesome…I almost choked on my iced coffee. Thank you for that wonderfully hysterical mental image! The mop IS a tad out of control, isn’t it? But that’s what happens when he lets it grow out and doesn’t plaster it down with styling product…
(hugs)
Paisley

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 2:25 pm

@Update: another dummy with “special” knowing of celeb thinking.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 2:39 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/kamla Still trying to come to terms with Gerard Butler’s new film Machine Gun Preacher. Gritty, true story that leaves you rattled.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 3:04 pm

@Tonto:
HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU GERRY AND LOLITA!LOL…..
God Bless are East Coast people! Be Safe….
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

@gossiphound:

IMO, Leo is so wrong for Jay Gatsby (one of my fave books, btw) His voice alone is all wrong. If I had to cast someone current, to me Jim Caveizel would be the perfect choice. He has the quiet charisma that Gatsby needs, and is remarkable at emoting with his eyes. Leo is just too bland. There needs to be that hidden current of passion in Gatsby, and I think Leo’s boyishness will kill the mystery. I didn’t care for for Robert Redford’s portrayal in the role either. Too bad they can’t get it just right like they did with To Kill A Mockingbird. IMO, that’s the best book to movie ever.

Swannie

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 3:08 pm

Reply to Tonto-Nice Post Tonto- This photo is A DOUBLE SHOT!LOL,It’s another wonderful day! another thread of Gerry, LOL. Better than expresso, LOL, OMG, I just love Gerrys sweet face and he’s with his best girl, LOL Lolita….Just love them both! He looks GREAT! Love the Hair, Green Soft Eyes, just a carefree look, I admire Gerry for his Grace and Style, Looks like another Movie Idea! Wow, guess he likes to keep the reel going. I would love to see Gerry and Kathie work together again, the on screen chemistry was JUST MAGIC!…..Well I am a happy camper after seeing this, Gerry and Lolita are to sweet!
HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU GERRY AND LOLITA!LOL…..
God Bless are East Coast people! Be Safe….
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 3:09 pm

@N.: Interesting who else do we think would have chemistry with Butler

Hayek and Butler is only suggestion I got off top of head I have to muse upon this. Well Lena Headey any day. Maybe Beckinsdale in the right story.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 08/26/2011 at 3:13 pm

oops, the board is acting weird, sorry for the double post! I had many, many thumbs up and now there gone, Guess someone has an issue. Sorry if I have affended anyone I did not mean to on any level. Appi

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 3:15 pm

@Latesummer’s Eve: Eve, I’m with you on the naked thing! LOL Always nice to come back and read the posts. Such a big change from just a few days ago!

Esta cancion es muy hermosa y va para todos aquellos que buscan el verdadero amor les dejo con ALEXANDER RYBAK y la cancion se llama DOLPHIN…..Drifting along,where am I to go?the porpuse in me,sadly I don’t know,who’ll take my hand?I’m sailing in the sand.Nothing to enjoy,feeling quite drestroyed.But I know the magic dolphin,swimming above the world and in my dreams he promised me that someday I’ll find my girl.No one to love,no one to lose.All by myself,this is what I choose.Lovers everywhere,why should I even care?Will I ever change?that would sure be strange.But I know a magic Dolphin.swimming above the world and in my dreams he promised me that someone I’ll find my girl.She has the taste of summer,cute shiny eyes of love and until I find that girl of mine,I have a friend above,I friend above……. adios.

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 3:27 pm

@Latesummer’s Eve: I think the opinions on remakes are also a consideration of whether it is the the best career move for Mr. Butler right now. Whether this particular remake is a good idea. We will all have varying opinions on that.

If I were a screenwriter I’d think it would be more fun to take a book and adapt it rather than another screenwriter’s original handiwork. Of course it would be the best to adapt your own novel but one may lack objectivity to do a good adaptation.

Can’t wait to hear how John Logan adapted Coriolanus for screen. A few reviewers are thinking Ralph with John’s skill may just have made a Shakespearean adaption that may be accessible to more than just the Shakespearian crowd.

So where is that Citizen Kane remake, Rosebud. Actually I did enjoy the movie that looked behind the scenes of Citizen Kane with Liev Shreiber, not bad for a made for TV movie.

I just love his hair like this. It’s so wild and free! Good to see “little Lita” teamed up with her dad again. I’m biting my tongue on the no leash thing. With that said, she’s much like her dad… she can spot the cameras too. Good to see him. He looks terrific!
“Gerry is reportedly being considered for a role in the reboot of the 1984 classic Romancing the Stone.”
Being considered is nothing, but well, being considered. It’s just something for people to talk about so people can get feed back on the idea. No, better ideas are out there… and Gerry knows that.
~K

The pictures are so funny. The man looks like a crazy tramp. Even his pug dog doesn’t want to walk to close to him. Ole GB must be smelling at bit ripe.

@gossiphound: IMO Lena is one of the few co-stars he had who can look him in the eyes and act in a calm way without resorting to shrillness like Aniston and Heigl. Maria Bello is great too. Gerry is all man and I can see some actresses just don’t know how to act around his uber masculinity.

Poor old pug. She hardly ever sees her owner. When she does she always has a slightly forlorn look about her when she’s with him. I bet most of his FWBs have a similar expression.

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 4:48 pm

“ChrisSurratt: Got to see a premier of the movie “Machine Gun Preacher” this morning. Very intense and very good.

“Darren Tyler Just got back from the screening of Machine Gun preacher. Uh.. wow ”

“mescea Totally blown away by Machine Gun Preacher screening today (http://t.co/eN67D6B)… Can’t wait to read Another Man’s War. #fb “

Wouldn’t be surprised if the poor old chubby pug is on bad doggy antidepressants.

dargabriel @ 08/26/2011 at 5:02 pm

@CHOLITA: cholita, you are a Beautiful soul and I really hope you keep posting your wonderful words, I know that if Gerard saw what you posts he would be moved, Gerard adores heart felt things, most of the time it brings him to tears. Cheers to Gerard in his very busy life much happiness and joy. Love and light, dargabriel

New thread with some nice surfing pics.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
No more romcoms with Heigl. PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Watched Life as We Know It and Heigl had as much chemistry with Josh Duhamel as Aniston had with Butler in Booty Hunter. Nada.
Doesn’t anyone in HW have an original bone in their body?
I disagree with Eve, Butler should stay ten miles away from a remake of Romancing the Stone. Sorry but everyone will be comparing him to Michael Douglass who was so perfect in that role. I would definitely vote with the others… ixnay on the emakray…
Gossiphound and Justsaytoo enjoyed the industry talk. Other than that the thread has been a little too sacchariny for me. I just don’t find Butler to be the end-all-be-all any more in the looks department. Maybe when he quits the ciggies and trying to be a manorexic poster boy I’ll get that loving feeling back.
Butler looks homeless in the above photos. I guess that is one way to keep peeps away. Look like a true bum and no one will want to get near for fear of the smell. :)))

Be Gone Manny @ 08/26/2011 at 6:22 pm

@Manny: You obviously enjoy his “smell” or you won’t be back for the seconds. Your hypocrisy shows as always.

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 7:39 pm

Sometimes I wonder if studios/directors/producers drop these rumours as trial balloons, to gauge the reaction.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/26/2011 at 7:49 pm

@gossiphound:

As far as determining whether doing a remake is a good career move for GB is really not our call. I’m sure he’ll know if it’s right for him or not. I’m sure he doesn’t want to get stuck in doing just serious stuff all the time either and RTS has a proven track record.
I think remakes are great and give new generations a chance to see good stories retold with new fresh actors. I don’t think it’s done because they’ve run out of ideas. I wish they’d remake Gone With The Wind, All About Eve and A Place In The Sun. The owners to the rights to AAE say it will never happen though.

gossiphound @ 08/26/2011 at 7:53 pm

Well duh of course it is not our call but this is a gossip and discussion board where people discuss things and if you don’t agree that is one thing but don’t be trite and condescending.

I guess Lolita couldn’t wait for Gerry to even grab a hat! Actually I had the same thing happen this morning. Buddy just had to go so I was out back with my hair a mess and my jammies on!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] Show All