Derek Jeter & Minka Kelly Split

Derek Jeter & Minka Kelly Split

Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly have called it quits after three years together, JustJared.com can confirm.

“The split was amicable,” sources exclusively tell JJ of the 37-year-old Yankees superstar and 31-year-old actress. “But they remain friends. They still really care for each other.”

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Minka Kelly

When JJ contacted her reps, they did confirm the split.

Last month, HBO premiered Deter Jeter 3K, a documentary that chronicles Derek‘s journey of becoming the second player to reach 3,000 hits as a shortstop (the first was Honus Wagner).

Minka is busy in Miami shooting the ABC reboot of the classic show Charlie’s Angels, which is being produced by Drew Barrymore and Leonard Goldberg. Charlie’s Angels, which co-stars Rachael Taylor and Annie Ilonzeh, premieres Thursday, September 22, at 8/7c.

Credit: Chris McGrath; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Derek Jeter, Exclusive, Minka Kelly, Split

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I am so sorry to read this. They did make a cute couple. Maybe it is for better. I always thought he was stringing her along!

Didnt see that one coming

I’m glad they split – for both of their sakes. Better now than 5 years down the road with kids.

TheGR8NPwrfulOZ @ 08/26/2011 at 12:29 am

They were still together? That’s one couple who managed to stay pretty low key. Oh well. He wont have any trouble finding the next one, hell, there’s probably a line forming as we type. And I doubt she will be single too long either.

I HOPE SHE DOESN’T COME BACK WITH JOHN MAYER!

I love how every break-up or divorce is consensual and amicable, and how they still remain friends and care about each other. Because no one’s feelings ever get hurt, right?

@DANI: OMG…! I can’t believe this. This is insane…Totally, I hope she doesn’t go back to douche mayer.

They seemed like the perfect couple. 56% people agree according to isHotr match rating.

I will never see how people think she is beautiful.
Decent looking yes but not hot or sexy or beautiful and a terrible actress

I swear if this affects his game….!!!!!!

@Fabulous: He’s probably not. But it doesn’t matter either way. Gay, Straight, Bi, Tri, whatever, Jeter’s a Golden God

Congrats to them :)

Porry semmy @ 08/26/2011 at 3:05 am

Look here, I’m still a Barry Bonds fan despite the alegations of steroid use. He’s still number one to me. Why because I’m a true fan and true fans will stick with the player en las buenas y en las mala. In good and bad times.

What do you think if they split

ROBBY ROBB 2.........(BRONX) @ 08/26/2011 at 3:27 am

CANT BLAME HIM,, HE IS RICH!!!!! JUST BUILT A HUGE MANSION,,, CMON!!!!! U REALLY THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA
GET MARRIED!!!!!! THUMBS UP DJ!!!!!!!

PARTY TIME FOR HIM!! NEED A DJ FOR YOUR PARTIES?

No shock here. Jeter is a playa for life. He just wanted to hit it and quit it

Best thing Derek ever did! He needs a nice sweet girl who has no aspirations to be a movie star…he’s so nice & respectful…too good for someone like Minka…he should find a girl who is loving & not selfish…someone like my daughter!!

sunnyroberto @ 08/26/2011 at 7:48 am

How many hot chicks have been with Jeter?? He must be a first class, egotistical jerk. Maybe the girls get tired of having to call him “Mr. Jeter”.

Minka should find herself a nice accountant or construction worker who will treat her much better.

Minka = stinka.

John Mayer is single. He’d be a good rebound for her.

Although they made a nice looking couple, I never really thought it would work out. Her career has taken off, he just became a baseball God, they both have men and woman throwing themselves at them. Makes it hard to stay committed I would think. MInka is young and just starting, who wants to settle down already. Good luck to both and don’t let this affect your game Jeter!

MichelleV @ 08/26/2011 at 9:07 am

She was probably pressuring him to get married

randomvisitor @ 08/26/2011 at 9:09 am

Lots of shallow comments. Are all of you really that shallow and immature?

Minka's Stinka @ 08/26/2011 at 9:57 am

I think minka’s snatch smelled. Every since he peaced out on her the guy had been on a hitting tear. His average is upwards at .300 and he’s spraying the ball all over the field.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All