Gerard Butler: Surfing Lessons in Malibu!

Gerard Butler: Surfing Lessons in Malibu!

Gerard Butler hits the waves for some surfing lessons on Friday (August 26) in Malibu, Calif.

The 41-year-old Scottish actor took a dip in the ocean with two instructors before heading to the showers to rinse off.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

The day before, Gerard was spotted taking his pug Lolita for a walk around the neighborhood.

Gerard reportedly “might be in talks” for the big screen adaptation of the novel “Firing Point” retitled Hunter Killer.

The film would center around a team of NAVY Seals in a submarine sent on a mission to Russia to stop an admiral from starting war with America, according to ComingSoon.net.

10+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler taking surfing lessons in Malibu…

gerard butler surfing lessons shower 01
gerard butler surfing lessons shower 18
gerard butler surfing lessons shower 19

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

It seems Butler is going to need a surfing double… After all this time he doesn’t seem to have mastered much IMO. Reese Witherspoon looked better on a board than Butler. I wonder what she is doing next month??? Joking kiddies. :P

Have to say he really is taking this part seriously. He also is getting a skill that he can enjoy after the movie is made. Looking good!!

Good heavens I would love to help him out of that wet suit. Well I better get to packing more boxes and getting the big brute off my mind. Have a good night JJr’s enjoy those new pics of him, I know I am.
Hi Manny, have a great evening!

God Bless yoou all! @ 08/26/2011 at 6:05 pm

Mark 11:25
New International Version
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 6:11 pm

Come here Gerry baby, let me help you dry off. MAGGIE, do we have any clean yellow towels??????

I see Mr Butler is packing some heat in that wet suit! I can see it all lol

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 6:27 pm

@ Enough (7) Yep…. **runnin’ with towels!!!!*** u start at the top and I’ll do the bottom….. we’ll get him nice and dry in no time… yeah…no time…. **babbles as heads back to the gutter/spa**

MPU/”The Stone”

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 6:33 pm

@Maggie P.U.: WHAT?? There ya go again taking the BEST part! Ya gotta share the bottom Maggie!! This could be my last chance, I might blow away in the hurricane!! Give a friend a break, will ya????

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 6:41 pm

Ok Enough (10) since ya put it that way….. I will “do” the top…..but keep in mind while you are “south of the border” things may “happen” while I am taking care of the “northern parts”…. like the “raisin’ of the storm flag”-in your case..you won’t be the only one gettin’ blown away in that hurricane…. boy…u better remember this…. cuz its my turn the next time!!!! **mumbles on way back to gutter/spa to get lotion…**

MPU

Is he getting a lesson from Frosty? Sure looks like him.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 7:08 pm

@Maggie P.U.: Now that’s the kinda hurricane I wouldn’t mind being blown away in! I’ll remember that it’s your turn next time. Hope I don’t lose an eye in the raisin’ of the storm flag.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 7:11 pm

@Enough (14) nah!….doubt you will now he might :)….

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 7:12 pm

Well, that’s okay, he’s got another one he can use.

I knew this day would come. Caught showering with another man.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 7:26 pm

@Maggie P.U.: Oh for heaven’s sake, hand me a Coke, will ya?? Sheesh, I might need something stronger. LOL

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 7:36 pm

@ Enough (19)…. **passes a coke** Yeah…the rate you are goin’ ur gonna need somethin’ stronger…… tell ya what I will get ya a boy doll and you can practice…. while you are practicing…. well, think I will go surfing….. **grabs a couple of yellow towels** don’t want to miss the “wave”…..

The Noise In The Walls @ 08/26/2011 at 7:44 pm

Lookin good Gerry!! Hey.. He’s gained alittle weight back… But that’s a good thing… !!

Scottish Bath @ 08/26/2011 at 7:56 pm

GREAT. IN THE WATER IS AS CLOSE AS THIS GUY IS COMING TO ACTUAL BATHING.
HOPE YOU BROUGHT THE SOAP, GERRY!

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 7:57 pm

still too thin, see pic 13. send cupcakes…

@Truth:
He’s working with enough…not huge but not small either!

Where's That Jackasss? @ 08/26/2011 at 7:58 pm

Where’s Brooke the phannie pop-off fantasy psycho? Seems she’s been run off. Man, was she fun to laugh at!
I heard the Priyanka stories were 100% a fabrication of Priyanka’s people. I believe it. Her people wanted her career to blow up in America. Unfortunately, Americans have no need for actresses with an Indian accent.

@;-):

The question is does he know how to use what he is working with?!?!?!?

curious cat @ 08/26/2011 at 8:30 pm

My my. I’ve been absent here so long I had to sign in all over again.

Why I hardly stop by any more–and some will call it a blessing I know–is that it has all been said ad infinitem. Why do so many peeps post comments so empty and derogatory they get hidden? And will someone please tell me once and for all why peeps here keep criticizing his HAIR? He’s a MOVIE ACTOR. His hair style usually reflects the role he is shooting or preparing for. And more, who looks like a fashion plate while walking a dog on the beach or surfing? Nobody I know.

The day is long gone when stars were studio-controlled, even to whom they married for publicity’s sake, and were always expected to show up looking glamorous, dressed to the nines, coiffed and made up, even to go to the local grocery.

For the record, re last thread, I am appalled by any rumor of a remake of Romancing the Stone. OMG. A trashy movie the first time. Wasn’t that the one in which Kathleen Turner screamed every 5 minutes?

Admittedly, I’m a snob and a highbrow about movies. Sure, I can enjoy a really clever, smart comedy, but RTS never was IMO. A producer acquaintance (not very successful) once told me my taste in movies is like that of people who eat spinach “because it’s good for you!” He never got it that some people actually LIKE spinach. Even LOVE it.

IMPO, again, I feel Hollywood is mostly run by a bevy of adolescent males (not meaning young necessarily) who keep on putting out the same schlock that sells to the lowest common denominator in audiences. Fill the seats with brainless excitement. If a film got box office once, remake it forever.

You don’t get “The King’s Speech” that often.

Shout out to the old regulars like gossiphound, manny, cubedweller and any of the old guard I forgot, for hanging in for this dumbfest.

I miss the name of old but not dead. If you come around OBND, I left a message for you on the New York Yankees baseball hat thread, a CENTURY AGO, which was quickly abandoned for new threads.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/26/2011 at 8:40 pm

@Enough Already:

Put some rum in that coke and please, stop saying “blow”. LOL!

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 8:45 pm

@Maggie P.U.: You’re killin’ me Maggie. lol

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 8:49 pm

@Latesummer’s Eve: Eve, I’ve ditched the doll and I’m making a beeline for Maggie. She’s got what I want! LOL

redOctober @ 08/26/2011 at 9:01 pm

@curious cat:

Glad to see you back , CCat. Agree with you about remakes and all the HW flim flam …though sometimes something like “The King’s Speech” happens. Thankfully.

Anna Butler @ 08/26/2011 at 9:03 pm

He is soo Handsome!! .i love him so much

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 9:20 pm

@Maggie P.U.: LOL I’ll take the top. LOL It’s better than the doll–and don’t keep him out in the water too long—he’ll shrivel and you can kiss that one eyed dragon goodbye.

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 9:24 pm

@Maggie P.U.: So many thumbs down tonight. Too many jealous people? At least give me a chance to “ride a wave” tonight. LOL Poor guy, you’re gonna wear him out.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 9:31 pm

Enough 36….ROTFLMAO!!!!! Thats where you come in real quick like and with a warm towel prevent any/all shriveling….. like emergency CPR…. just revivin’ somethin’ else using a warm yellow towel….:) oohhhh… bad thought just came over me **drags feet goin’ to the gutter/spa**

Enough Already @ 08/26/2011 at 9:33 pm

@Maggie P.U.: LOL I’m off to the gutter myself. I need a nap!!

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 9:36 pm

Yeah Enough (33) I was thinkin’ the same thing…ain’t nothin’ like goin’ red knowin’ it is cuz we ruffled some jealousy feathers….. not to mention they don’t have the imagination we do…:) So, yeah we need to go to the gutter for a bit….

sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 9:44 pm

@Where’s That Jackasss?: @Truth:

Troll alert! warning…warning…

Lord have mercy . . . that man is one beautiful specimen!!! No one compares! Word.

oldbutnotdead @ 08/26/2011 at 10:07 pm

@curious cat: Hi Curious! I probably missed your prior post; did you have a question? I read here, but I seldom post. Trolls, and infighting too aggravating… although the fighting has calmed down, the trolls are still annoying. Hate wasting my time spinning through that silliness.

I expect a percent of crazies (male and female) on any site, but when I read extremely cruel comments made between and about other women on the site, it began to be too much for me. Women should never do that to one another. Usually I am over on WO, as they are the first with good info.

I understand what you are saying about what is coming out of Hollywood. I often complain about the nonsense coming out of Hollywood. Conan has been an expensive flop, Green Lantern was disappointing; I saw Thor, and also Cowboys and Aliens, and was sorry I did, although I like both lead actors, and saw it for them alone: Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig. I hated Get him to the Greek (although I like Russell Brand), and loved The Bridesmaids.

I have hopes for both of G’s movies this year. Have my fingers crossed for some good action movies from him in the future.

Scots lover @ 08/26/2011 at 10:20 pm

Holy sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swoon. I’d almost rather NOT know there’s someone out there that looks that good!! He makes me WANT him . . .

I can almost feel sorry for the poor guy. I did say ALMOST. He looks at the camera as if to say, “Not you again.” He doesn’t have any privacy. But, I guess it’s all part of fame and fortune. And we wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t new threads and new pics once in a while.

It does look like Frosty. He may be training Butler so he can look realistic and professional while training Jay in the movie. He really gets serious about developing his characters doesn’t he? Okay now what are the odds on tomorrow’s thread, Butler pumps gas while getting a coffee after walking Lolita on the beach in his wet suit, his hair all fluffed out while talking on the phone while Lolita drags his cargo pants and orange laced sneakers in the sand. Does that cover his normal day? Oh, and while he winks at a bikini clad babe walking past him. That should cover it all. What’s next in the continuing story of the pap’s favorite boy?

@sockpuppet:

What do you mean?

@sockpuppet:

I just realized you were calling me a troll! Before you go calling names go and read all of my previous post in all the Butler threads. I have had nothing but positive things to say about him. I can make mention of his wet suit pic if I choose to. Just like you can and have!

The nerve of you calling folks names when you were on here acting all nice prior. Now your true colors have shown.. Grow up troll!

Hold up!!!!!!!!!!!!! That man’s body should be illegal!

cubedweller @ 08/26/2011 at 10:43 pm

Glad to see Butler is conserving water by showering with a friend.

Pure sex, that man is!

Stupid Sockpuppet @ 08/26/2011 at 10:59 pm

@Truth:
Sockpuppet is another kissa** – do not take her seriously.
Look at her name for buttlerssake…

@Truth:

Yes, Sockpuppet has shown herself to be somewhat of a hypocrite, she piously chastised both myself and Latesummers Eve for our ‘mean’ comments yet in the last few threads she has had no problem name calling, swearing and making more than a few ‘mean’ comments herself. She has one rule for herself and another for the rest of us it seems.
@cubedweller:

The man has always tried to be environmentally friendly driving hybrids and participating in Live Earth, I guess showering with friends just seems the natural next step. ;-p

I Can 'Sock' TOO... @ 08/26/2011 at 11:02 pm

I am a frequently posting REG, just wanted to say that most of you have your nerve talkig sh8t about Butler and other posters.
Most of you don’t have a man so you’ve made him your fantasy man (EVE, MAGGIE) but that doesnt make him the second-coming.
Grow up, all of you.
Thanks, back to my regular name now!

@I Can ‘Sock’ TOO…:

Okay that’s your opinion, you’re entitled to it like everyone else is entitled to theirs but why not have the guts to say that under your regular moniker?

Just a question?

@niknoks:
Talking to yourself, nik??

@.:

No, you?

How this thread opens and dies like right away. I was smart to stay away!

Maggie P.U. @ 08/26/2011 at 11:51 pm

@49 I can ….. ummm excuse me if you are going to put down then do it correctly…. that is ENOUGH ALREADY and MAGGIE P.U. not EVE, please get it right and not bring in someone who shouldn’t be… not fair to them. It is also pathetic you assume we don’t have a man so we “fantasize” (as you call it). First, how do you know we do or do not? Just because we joke around-good Lord talk about sad….. Second, usually when one assumes it is the judging party who is lacking something somewhere, like for instance in your case a life and the ability to joke around with others and have fun. But, that would make you human…and not a coward who hides behind many monikers…..

Try and have a nice evening…..

oldbutnotdead @ 08/27/2011 at 12:00 am

@Truth: I have never been partclarly nice, but I think i was aimin at someone else, not u. nuthing wrong with what you said.

sockpuppet @ 08/27/2011 at 12:03 am

damn it! I knew that would happen! LOL.

@oldbutnotdead:

Except it wasn’t OBND that said anything to Truth it was Sockpuppet. Oh dear, has someone slipped up? How are you going to walk this one back?

Maggie P.U. @ 08/27/2011 at 12:07 am

@55 Nik…. thanks. It gets pretty bad when no one can joke around without some jealous pathetic individual who has nothing better to do than throw negative comments at those who do. Then they assume because we do it is because we do not have a husband or BF…. sad…very sad…

Have a great one, Nik.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/27/2011 at 12:10 am

@Enough Already:

“Eve, I’ve ditched the doll”

What the heck were ye doing with the poor doll? Nevermind. I don’t want to know.

@niknoks:

Yeah and why do I keep getting pulled in to these things? I’m a hater, then I’m a phannie, then a manless woman living in a fantasy. Actually, that last part doesn’t sound so bad! LOL!

a question @ 08/27/2011 at 12:12 am

I may be crazy, but those biceps and his hand in pic 16…………..fanning myself.

@oldbutnotdead: @sockpuppet:

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Enough Already @ 08/27/2011 at 12:26 am

@Latesummer’s Eve: Maggie gave me the doll while she ran off with Gerry, but we’ve ditched the doll and we’re back in the gutter with Gerry. All is okay now.

Why do people assume, that because we have some sort of fun fantasy chat about Gerry, that we don’t have a real man? Have you seen the JJ posts in the past week? Horrendous!! Trying to keep it fun and light-hearted. There is nothing wrong with talking about Gerry’s career or about how good he looks and what he does for us! It sure beats name calling and whipping out a Ouija board so we can find out who the love of his life is.

Too many people sipping on the Hatorade tonight!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/27/2011 at 12:27 am

@Maggie P.U.:

“that is ENOUGH ALREADY and MAGGIE P.U. not EVE, please get it right and not bring in someone who shouldn’t be… not fair to them”

Thank you, Maggie!

@niknoks:

” How are you going to walk this one back?”

Easy, she can cop ol’ Brooke’s excuse and say that post number whatever was not her! But I think it’s too late now! LOL!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/27/2011 at 12:31 am

@oldbutnotdead:

So all that talk about staying away cause ya just couldn’t take all the nastiness and WOMEN SHOULDN’T TALK TO EACH OTHER LIKE THAT! LMFAO!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/27/2011 at 12:33 am

@Enough Already:

“Too many people sipping on the Hatorade tonight!”

No, come to find out it’s just one! LOL!

Maggie P.U. @ 08/27/2011 at 12:39 am

@a question…(61) hey compadre’ we have extra diapers for those who not only are able to stand by Gerry but look at even a pics in the gutter/spa… that is provided Enough (Already) hasn’t used them all. Between the doll and wiping the “G” man down with yellow towels….

Also, classic coke and PlayGirl are in supply also for those “hot flashes”
(PlayGirl will calm ya down after looking at G…)

Enough Already @ 08/27/2011 at 12:40 am

@Latesummer’s Eve: Let’s hope they don’t pass it around to anyone else!!!

Enough Already @ 08/27/2011 at 12:43 am

@Maggie P.U.: Plenty of diapers and yellow towels for everyone!!!

Maggie P.U. @ 08/27/2011 at 12:44 am

@64 Imagine compadre’ if we can come up with things as we do to “do” to Gerry think of what REALLY happens when we do not fantisize….SHOW NO MERCY…. TAKE NO PRISONER…..
(**oh lawd……I am thinking those thoughts again… back to the gutter**** Enough!!! Quick my surf board…. no, my coke, no…..!!! wwwaaahhhh the doll blew up!!!!!!!***)

MPU.

Enough Already @ 08/27/2011 at 12:47 am

@Maggie P.U.: Did you have to bust up the doll?? Could’ve come in handy in between our sad manless Gerry fantasies!!!

The instructor with the light hair is Frosty Hesson. Gerard is to play him in maverick.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/27/2011 at 12:54 am

@Enough…u did it again… quit the fantasizing… (69)….. that is what twice….. 69 your lucky numbers? And in all honesty I think the doll already had a hole in it…I told you it could not handle any rough stuff or frustrations……. man…. all I did was right on Gerry’s surfboard (:))…

oldbutnotdead @ 08/27/2011 at 1:24 am

@Truth: fun while it lasted. The swearing was great.

Lawyers can lie like rugs….they just should not slip up…lol.

I liked my Arkansas persona.

oldbutnotdead @ 08/27/2011 at 1:31 am

@Latesummer’s Eve: Actually, I did not post very often as sockpuppet (surprised no one figured it out!), and seldom made any philosophical comments. Mainly posted things from WO or vids I have elsewhere, like the yellow towel.

No, women should not talk to one another in the manner in which two of the posters were doing on here, and Sockpuppet never was that unkind, just rather rude with her down home Arkansas language; there is a huge difference in being rude and being unkind or cruel.

It was a lot of damned work to type like that, I will tell you! Bye all!!!

oldbutnotdead @ 08/27/2011 at 1:40 am

Oh my laaawd: spectermaterial.tumblr.com/post/9442171728 // God bless whoever came up the movie Machine Gun Preacher and the woman who birthed Gerard Butler.http://twitter.com/#!/thekinseyfrench

MarieDevereux @ 08/27/2011 at 1:51 am

For him, I would literally tread water, despite the men in the Grey Suits swimming around (possibly). The man is drop dead gorgeous, and I will never stop being a fan. As to those who keep degrading him for his looks and his age, I can not stress this enough: Shut up! If all you want to do is put him down for the way he looks, then go look for an actor who is still trying to grow hair on his b alls.
Gerard is all grown up and I would not mind having a few hours with him, just picking apart his brain. I would say other things, but I’m a lady, so I would rather keep them to myself and let myself ponder said things. Gerard, you’re lovely. Please continue to make your fans love you each and every day!

She's baaaaack... @ 08/27/2011 at 2:07 am

From WO:

LC is talking about her “relationship” with him last year :

Laurie Cholewa confirmed his romance with Gerard Butler in Closer: “We had a nice history together, which lasted six months. (…) I was aware that our adventure would not work over the long term. My life and my career are in France, his being held in Hollywood. “. She continues: “It’s a good person. Gerard is very far from the image that the media give him.

It is much deeper and more wide. I met him at a time in my life when I was not going very well. I had just lost my father and was a bit scratched vive.Et Ican say that he is a man genuinely interested in others.. ” Today they are kept in touch “we give ourselves new from time to time.”

So…who posted #49 then?? which one of you regs is talking to themselves?
????

oldbutnotdead @ 08/27/2011 at 5:00 am

@.: that one is not me! I just have two monikers here.

This A list movie actor. Wait, let me stop right there. I think I should make it cusp of A list. He has been the lead in lots of movies but they don’t always do well and he is sometimes overshadowed by another. That sounds mysterious huh? Anyway, after this Real Housewife got dr*nk and started hitting on our actor, he took her home with him for the night. What he does not know though is this was like guy number three in a three night spree for the Real Housewife.

@Wake Up:
Gerard Butler and Kelly Bensimon!!!!

@curious cat: Hello Ccat – nice to see you. You summed everything up quite nicely, I think. Well said. BTW…I’ve seen OBND on WO’s Cbox lately. Have a wonderful day!
Paisley

@a question: You are most definitely not crazy. either that, or I am too! ;-D

angelsrock @ 08/27/2011 at 7:03 am

@Maggie P.U.:

You can count me in then!! Just to let you know I don’t mind getting dirty!

Buenos dias a todos,espero que todas esas personas que estan por el camino de ese terrible huracan esten a salvo,envien una pequeña plegaria por aquellos que estan en peligro para que nos les pase nada.Ahora les dejo esta cancion de ALESSANDRO SAFINA llamado LUNA………Cuantos son los cantos que escuchastes ya,cuantas palabras dichas para ti,que han surcado el cielo solo por gozar una noche en el puerto de tu soledad.Los amantes se refugian en tu luz,suman los suspiros desde tu balcon y enredas los hilos de nuestra pasion.Luna que miras escuchame(ONLY YOU CAN HEAR MY SOUL)….LUNA TU sabes el secreto de la eternidad y el misterio que hay detras de la verdad,guiame que a ti, mi corazon te oye,me siento perdido y no se…..Se que hay amores que destruyen corazones como un fuego que todo lo puede abrazar.LUNA TU alumbrando el cielo en tu imensidad,en tu cara oculta que misterio habra,todos escondemos siempre un perfil.Somos corazones bajo el temporal,angeles de barro que deshace el mar,sueños que el otoño desvanecera.Hijos de esta tierra envuelta por tu luz,hijos que en la noche vuelven a dudar.Que hay amores que destruyen corazones como el fuego que todo lo puede abrazar.Pero hay amores dueños de nuestras pasiones,que es la fuerza que al mundo siempre lo hace girar.(ONLY YOU CAN HEAR MY SOUL)…..kawaii……amorcito buenos dias,cuidate mucho….adios.

just stoppin' by @ 08/27/2011 at 9:46 am

I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . . I love him . . .

scots lover @ 08/27/2011 at 9:53 am

All I can say is . . . thank you, Margaret . . . thank you!

All I’m saying is its revealed he has a vice by Ted and now 2 women he’s been linked to are talking to the press. I’m not saying the vice is true or not, but this is PR on the move here, no question.

How do I put this...? @ 08/27/2011 at 10:38 am

@She’s baaaaack…: @PsychoB:

CLEARLY these women (LC, Piggy) *still* haven’t furthered their careers on their own “talents” after being linked to him years ago, so they have to keep whipping out their long dead fleeting summer flings with him to become/remain relevant or peddle their wares.

And you KNOW Martina the Serbian Bombshell is waiting just around the corner for Coriolanus to open to revisit her “adventure” with him…

Ugh.

(**ships GB free can of Pests-B-Gone vermin spray**)

@How do I put this…?: sorry but G is using them just as much as they use him. He has an important movie coming out. And there isn’t any good vices from Ted so when Ted says he has one its not flattering. So call up the girls and make sure they say how sweet Gerry is. PR is good for both of them, and I guarantee this is more about making Gerry look good than them getting attention.

How do I put this...? @ 08/27/2011 at 11:14 am

Oh, I agree that he is culpable to a certain extent. Check the record, I have ALWAYS said no less than he has brought a lot of this on himself.

But Cholewa has a documentary airing at the end of this month and Piggy is about to drop an album.

NO ONE is sweet in this instance.

cubedweller @ 08/27/2011 at 11:18 am

@She’s baaaaack…: This needs a heaping helping of “Oh Yeah Right”, with a side of eyeroll. I’m with PsychoB on this – ever so convenient that Butler gets rave reviews from an “ex” on the heels of his Ted C vice, which, btw, Ted elaborated on yesterday. This smacks loudly of damage control. One pap-trawling “date” and a make-out session for the cameras does not a relationship make, Missy :) :) :)

More from Ted... @ 08/27/2011 at 11:25 am

in response to a fan asking about the blind, and reaffirming her undying love…
Dear Gag-Worthy Gushing:
You really do dig the dawg, babe. But even you might think twice about totally hearting the dude if you knew what his large closet of skeletons hid. That said, it’s really not that shocking of a Vice. And, for the record, it’s an older one (he’s savvier now). So hope that helps!

Ted C. is full of prunes!!! He is a nasty individual who just wants to dig up dirt on someone. I wonder what skeletons are in his closet!!

I also don’t think that Gerry does everything with strings attached. He has proven time again that he has a good heart but when provoked he can also be a force to recon with.

Who is this Ted guy? How would he know what is in someone’s skeleton closet? I hope this is not another Butler is gay thing!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely Cubie and HDIPT, its mutual PR for both.

Ted has always said G was straight.

The vice has to be after late 2009 when Ted said he didn’t have a vice. But not much after because he is already calling it older.

How do I put this...? @ 08/27/2011 at 12:12 pm

Once again, Ted is backing down when it comes to The Glaswegian Grabber (“it’s not that shocking,” “it’s an older one,” “he’s savvier now,”). That’s twice in one season now. Hmmm…

I don’t think that Butler’s *people* are so ALL-POWERFUL ((snort)) that a strongly worded letter or nasty phone calls would be so threatening, if that is what everyone is going with. Ted C has clearly said much worse about more powerful/lucrative, talented, and beloved actors than The Scottish Plunderer, and I’m SURE Comcast (E!’s parent company) always has a dedicated legal team on standby for all of the “likes the same and/or under-aged and/or freaky-deaky sex” stories he “leaks” in a week.

Maybe The Weinsteins’ having a hand in MGP is the game-changer (and there was overlap into PTF press)? What DOES whoever have on Ted C that he’s so cooperative with Butler’s camp, I wonder. If we’re running with the conspiracy theories, that is…;^)
——————————————————————————–
And I said LC is peddling her wares as well. But so no one mistakes me for all of the “insiders” (HA!) with no info/proof that post here or an over-protective phannie, here is a blip of LC’s Butler-less PR also released yesterday (poorly translated by Google Chrome):

“Host of entertainment short life again a song and Live from the world of … on France 2, Laurie Chowela is the producer of the evening ABBA broadcast Monday night on France 3.

When asked in the weekly Closer, Laurie says it is in talks with several terrestrial channels as host. And return to the antenna before the cameras will be done maybe 2 … not France.”
___________________________________________
G’day (or G’nite) all!

Maggie P.U. @ 08/27/2011 at 12:22 pm

@ 86 Angels….. the more the merrier!!!! Enough and I have plenty of room in the gutter/spa…. just push the PlayGirl and yellow towels out of the way…. since you are new bidding rights to “top” and “bottom” of the Gman are “grab what ya can”. **Please ignore the deflated doll….. Enough got carried away due to frustration because I have her studying the Cosmo on how to handle the “one eyed dragon” before she works the “top”…..*** Have a good one.

@PsychoB
If you read Ted’s column further you will note that he now says the ‘vice’ is not all that shocking. I don’t believe he has anything on Gerry. Before this, whenever he was asked anything TC had nothing at all ‘vicey’, or even of much interest, to ‘reveal’ about Gerry, except that he uses bad pick up lines LOL. Now all of a sudden G is more in the media spotlight with 2 upcoming movies and TC hints at what he claims is a ‘juicy’ vice for him. Except then he responds to a fan saying it’s not really that juicy or shocking? Give me a break!

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/27/2011 at 12:37 pm

I didn’t think LC and GB were together that long. And how do you justify a relationship as “together” when you’re not together the majority of the time? It’s like I said. G’s “relationships” are by cell phone with the occasional hook up. The first time I saw them together was in March in Paris last year and the last time was when he was in Mich filming MGP. Was that six months? No matter.
I do believe that the women are “using” Gerry right now and it’s going to get worse before it gets better, especially if he gets an Oscar nom or wins one! They’ll be coming out of the woodwork! And I don’t think he and PC ever hooked up really. Just friends.
I wouldn’t believe everything this Ted guy says although they say that rumor has an element of truth in it. He has a blind vice, it’s an “old” one, amongst all the other “skeletons” in the closet, and it’s not that big of a deal and he’s more savvy now, meaning he’s better at hiding whatever it is.
I would venture a guess that it’s just his smoking. And that could turn more than a few women off to him. I hate it myself but I’d just make him quit…..period…. even if I had to borrow a cancerous lung in a jar of formaldehyde from a hospital and place it in front of him every time he lit up! LOL!

Can'tGetEnough @ 08/27/2011 at 12:51 pm

@Maggie P.U.: We should probably dispose of the doll at this point, unless Angels can find a good use for it.

Decided to change my name since “EnoughAlready” was rather derogatory and in response to “you know who” on the previous threads. This new one is much more appropriate, don’t you think Maggie?? Of course, I’ll leave it up to you to decide what I can’t get enough of.

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/27/2011 at 1:03 pm

I was wondering if we’ve ever seen Gerry standing straight up and hanging ten yet? I’ve got a feeling that it’s not important that he become a really good surfer but just able to get up on the board so they can pan back to a stunt double who’s a pro. They could probably use a wave simulator like the ones on cruise ships and shoot in front of a green screen.
Usually, insurance companies won’t allow actors to get too risky with their stunts and it’s obviously not like he’s real good at it (better then me, LOL). Seems like he was doing better before the groin pull. He’s probably nervous about re-injuring it now.

Maggie P.U. @ 08/27/2011 at 1:11 pm

@104…yeah like the “new one” better… especially in your case LOL…

MPU

No one can fill out a wet suit quite like the Butler *sighs*

Definately think the french chick suddenly talking about the relationship she had with  GB is a mutual PR for their up and coming projects.  Particularly for GB who wants to find a deflective answer to all those relationship and girlfriend questions which he’s about to confront. As for the Ted C comments –  he’s definately gonna have some big ole scary skeletons in his cupboard.  He’s a good looking man, who’s now in his forties, who’s been single more than coupled up, parties like a twenty year old, and is extraordinarily almost obssesively ambitious. And also when you look at some the company he keeps.  Especially in the states. Well. The mind boggles  at what things he and his slippery looking male friends who look more like hangers on get up to.  It’s always a relief when you see in the company of someone like Paul Haggis. You know what they say, you lay down with dogs…

so gullible @ 08/27/2011 at 1:35 pm

@she:

Well there are so many ****** Real Housewives and so many actors on the cusp of A list.

Pryianka has been using Gerry to further her career since Day 1. Nothing new there. She is especially anxious to crack Hollywood.

The most,likely vice is the Adam Pounce-Pr#ck one. It follows with his personality. If he had a sig GF I would say King Schl#ng. Nothing we wouldn’t think twice about. But not a flattering story none the less.

I agree Oh Dear, his friends seem sleazy. But doesn’t Haggis have his own reputation with sl/utty behavior.

She's baaaaack... @ 08/27/2011 at 1:49 pm

Meh.

He’s looking for an Oscar (MGP).
PC’s looking for listeners (signed w/ record co).
LC’s looking for a job (supposedly “in talks”).
Ted C sometimes posts purposely misleading crap to get more hits.
They’re all adults.
And all players in the same game.
Whatever.

Looking forward to MGP. Bump the rest.

gossiphound @ 08/27/2011 at 1:51 pm

@How do I put this…?: Quel faux pas. Weinstein Company actually is distributing Coriolanus. Weinstein’s current enemy, Relativity Media is distributing MGP in North America. Weinstein is suing Relativity Media so I assume they are not on friendly terms.

Quel awkward for Gerry as they are both gunning for Oscar noms for their films.

My sense is for the most part the French media are so not terribly interested in Cholewa that without a mention of Butler with anything she has to pimp it would get even less attention.

Does the article in Closer mention she is or was dating her boss at Direct 8. He got fired, around the time one of her shows got cancelled. Gee dating your boss I guess that one worked a bit better career wise until he got fired. She seemed to be cavorting for the paparazzi in a bikini in Miami at Xmas time and they mentioned Gerard again of course but um looked like the boss boyfriend was with her too, which was conveniently omitted. I guess there were no offers pouring in from US Entertainment news show.

And we wonder why Gerry is so paranoid.

I’m with the poster who finds it odd the LC (so last year) “story” comes out… now. Just as Machine Gun Preacher and Coriolanus are due out with both garnering Gerry with critical acclaim. Might she want those contacts increased by way of putting her “feelings” out publicly now she’s in a better place? LOL Really think Gerry’s smarter than all that.
Likin’ these photos even if his mouth says it all in some of them. He really does have a sharp eye for cameras!
Once upon a time, not so long ago, the impulsive more aggressive part of his core personality, now managed well by him, would have flipped the photographer the international symbol of how he was really feeling. And he thinks nothings changed? It has. It’s called a growth ring. The kind that strengthens the tree unseen from within. Only seen if the tree is felled. Which this one won’t be for a very long time. The change isn’t noticed by the tree, but by others as its able to withstand more yet flexible enough to withstand high winds. Trees bend so branches don’t have to break.
~K

so gullible @ 08/27/2011 at 1:59 pm

@PsychoB: The problem with that is that same vice could just as easily be Jason Segal. The clues all fit him too. Which I would have to say very clever of whoever writes those things.

so gullible @ 08/27/2011 at 2:06 pm

What Gerry needs to do is ignore the paps like Leo DiCaprio used to and even purposely ruin the photos until Leo conveniently fell in love this summer with Weinstein’s protege Blake Lively and suddenly he’s caught smiling all the time. Of course this is assuming Gerry is actually surprised the paps are there. Notice the photos are coming from 2 different photo agencies. Does Gerry look less annoyed in the second set for a reason?

God Bless yoou all! @ 08/27/2011 at 2:17 pm

Prov 16:16
New International Version
How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver!

I see LC’s back to her old ticks again. Who cares if she was with Gerry for 6 months, more than a year ago?…. I mean seriously. I doubt bringing up the past is gonna help her career much. If she had real talent, then she wouldn’t need to use Gerry or anyone else to get attention . For some reason I don’t think its a mutual PR thing. I’m sure Gerry has people way better than LC to use for PR purposes.BTW… love the surf pics!

I meant “tricks” not ticks …JJ ,edit button please.

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Don’t forget that within two weeks of that roll with Liar Chowchow Butler was porking Martina the Mouth. Six months, my ass. Chowchow is just desperate for another chance at a show/work. Will she still be doing this in ten years to get work???
@Latesummer’s Eve:
My point exactly. We have yet to see Butler succeed at surfing. It seems it is something he is not mastering easily. I thinnk the producers have brought in the surfer-whisperer in Frosty.
@Oh dear: & @PsychoB:
ITAWY… if we took a real hard look at the situation, Terd Crapablanca probably does have some dirt just not entertaining dirt. That is why he is hedging IMO. So Butler one-night-stands, BFD. More entertaining if he were married, gay or whatever… it is all about the shock value in Terd’s business.
@so gullible:
Piggy Chops and Liar Chowchow are neck and neck in the PR wh*re race IMO… Kind of pathetic that they lack enough talent to be able to carry their own careers so they need to coattail on Butler’s.
@so gullible:
Since it is the same two photo agencies it smacks of PR motivated tipoffs IMO.
@gossiphound:
I don’t know that it will be hard for Butler when it comes to the Oscar nods and PR… yeah he will help fill the seats but Ralph’s cast is so deep with award-winning actors that they will probably roll out them instead of Butler to up the ante on the highbrow Oscar snob club. If Butler happened to be nominated for both that is the only way I see any kind of conflict and I don’t think the Academy will be that generous to Butler especially with the competition out there this year.
@Me2:
ticks works for me… or should we say fleas when it comes to Liar Chowchow…
Happy Saturday JJers!

@oldbutnotdead
It’s a shame that you lacked the courage to just speak your true feelings under one moniker instead of socking. Not only did you prove yourself to be a liar, you proved to be a total chicken sh!t. Makes me sad. :(

Da%n Manny tell us how you truly feel!!! BRAVO! on both your post 119/120.

Once you burn a bridge with Gerry you don’t get a second chance.
Because if you’re talking behind his back, you’re in a good position to kiss his ass!
~K

How do I put this...? @ 08/27/2011 at 3:40 pm

@gossiphound:

I stand corrected. You are right.
I did *mean* to put Coriolanus, NOT MGP. Didn’t notice I did that, until I came back to shut things down for maintenance.

THE BROTHERS ARE IN FACT PUSHING CORIOLANUS PEOPLE, NOT MGP! CORIOLANUS! NOOOOOOT MGP!

I’m hoping there’s a temporary truce between Relativity/The Brothers at least over this person/these movies. With the US releases being so darn close together, one can’t help but feed of the other positive press. Although backroom bickering could potentially be even more PR…and some think that ANY press, etc. Didn’t Relativity have MGP before The Brothers picked up Coriolanus?

But you have to admit, The Brothers’ power (purchasing, promoting, and political) is long-standing and far-reaching. So I still stand by Ted’s dubiousness. Why is Gerry’s dirt treated so much more precariously than others, who have more to hide/lose? Forget LC, PC, or even LMNOP, for the moment. Ted’s recent floundering on this man specifically = there seems to be something up with HIS “relationship” with Gerry. =D

*************************************************
@Me2:

I read “ticks” as d!cks, so that tells you where my head was at. HA! Showering shots (without old dudes) and wetsuits rock.

It’s not like it requires a mutual, amicable agreement for someone to “incidentally mention” the other ((unless ordered by the courts – O_o)), so you could be just as right about Gerry’s hand not being in THESE particular rounds of releases (some other leaks, I will disagree) . He was getting more and more positive attention before Frenchie and Piggy started with the yap, yap. So, it would be lop-sided, at best. Tis the nature of the beast (that he has been known to feed himself).

I agree about Frenchie’s questionable importance. And Piggy was even longer ago and father away, and had there were NO “leaked” pictures of them kissing, dating, and whatevering, so I REALLY don’t get her relevance to him and his current life at all.
—————————–
(Psst. I’ll admit it though, I would LOOOOVE to know what happened in Detroit with LC. Didn’t someone here [a "friend of a cousin of a..."] said he was blowing her off big time all day/palming her off on “Poor overworked/underpaid Amy” on the set *THE* pics were taken of him almost in a full trot walking away with [read from] her? Porquoi, mon amie? SPILL IT OR STFU, FRENCHIE! HA!)

Latesummer's Eve @ 08/27/2011 at 3:56 pm

@Manny:

That’s right, Martina was during that six months time frame wasn’t she? How quickly I forget! And she reported that he did or he didn’t snore for credibility to the whole thing. LOL! Gerry and his women!
I think all Gerry needs to do is get down Frosty’s style, like getting on the board and what he does when he falls off the board, LOL, so he looks like he knows what he’s doing and looks like him out there. They’ll have a pro to do the fancy stuff I’m sure.
Gerry looks nothing like him in stature and I’m wondering if he’ll dye both his hair and his beard white and put on a couple of pounds! Frosty seems like the “stocky” kind of build.

@psycho B

Oh no! How disappointing if that’s true about Paul Haggis.

angelsrock @ 08/27/2011 at 4:03 pm

She’s done it again. engchikie has made some wonderful videos of Gerry. This is very well done and depicts Gerry past and present. Very cool.

Irene is knocking on my door. Lots of wind and rain, but major impact here between 2am and 6am. Hope all you east coast JJers are safe.

gossiphound @ 08/27/2011 at 4:08 pm

Notice Frosty has a goatee or is that soul patch right now LOL.

Actually the picture of Frosty and Jay from around 1995, the time period this movie will cover, that Manny found, shows Frosty had true blonde hair, yellow if you will not white blonde. He’s gone white since then and he did not seem to have any facial hair but he was pretty stocky even then. He would have been in his late forties at that time. This is why I think some people were confused as to why Gerry was getting so thin esp with the PR spiel saying it was for the Mavericks role. Guess we will be getting the Hollywood version of Frosty.

gossiphound @ 08/27/2011 at 4:13 pm

Okay I can’t resist. THIS IS ……………SANTA CRUZ.

Frosty is going to be Leonidas Light.

@Latesummer’s Eve:
Totally agree that Butler is not looking much like Frosty IMO. Maybe Butler is terrified of the feedback after Barbados and doesn’t want a whole movie with him looking anything but muscle.
I was actually giggling at the piccies above. Lolita is right… the skinnier he gets the bigger his nose looks. I miss Butler with some meat on him.
@angelsrock:
Keep your head down and godspeed Angel…
@gossiphound:
*giggling* Both in weight and in leather knappies. :)))

Where has Gerard been hid’ing haven’t seen him around in a long time. Looking “HOT” there Mr. Butler.

oldbutnotdead @ 08/27/2011 at 4:30 pm

@Manny: You missed the point completely. I just wanted to post some links, pics, vids, have fun, and not be bothered with the name calling and attitude of other posters, such as the post you display above at 119, admittedly one of your milder ones. It was fun having a different persona.

Your posts often display a foul mouth and foul attitude as well as frequent cruelty that I find unpleasant; in my view, you are a bully; Eve frequently rises to the same level, but not always as unkind, except when she is ranting. I have seldom seen this kind of behavior in adult women, just young girls still in school, as well as some immature men who still write and talk like this. Yet you have your fans, so keep on keepin’ on.

Generally I tried to avoid you, Eve, Darba. I just want to keep things fun, you have a need to call people names on a regular basis. I was so shocked about the way you wrote to Paisley Swansong that I actually contacted her separately. She had many people do that privately by the way, after the display you put on, which was rather toxic.

Neither as sockpuppet nor as OBND have I lied, I did have fun with a different persona; sockpuppet is just the down home version of me. In fact, here is a sockpuppet aphorism: “I do not give a flying f…k”. This attitude is crucial to lawyers who have to develop a thick skin in order to function in the legal system, which is all about attack and counterattack, and I learned that early. Sockpuppet represents my lawyer attitude to bullies and some of the JJ posters. OBND is the nice old lady down the block that wants people to be kind to one another.

Too bad you feel “sad” about my other persona, but your sadness is not anything I am concerned about. It is fun to provide links, the rest is over the top. I like a few people here, and avoid most of the rest.

I wish the best to LLL, Red October, Maggie, Lolita and a few others who just want to have fun, provide information, not malign people and amuse the crowd with nasty remarks and name calling.

Before sockpuppet came at me sideways I actually liked her! I enjoyed the pictures and the videos. How about bring her back and leave obnd on the bench. Or just post as yourself and keep posting pictures and videos that we all enjoyed very much via your alter ego. Please don’t become offended by anything done on here, this site is purely for entertainment purposes.

@oldbutnotdead:
There is no way of talking your way around it. My behavior has nothing to do with you lying and being a coward. You have to own that all by your little self.
Too bad, I thought much better of you. You are no better than the rest of us you were referring to in your post. In fact you are worse. We at least were honest and up front in our feelings even if not kind, at least we were not deceitful. You are a fraud. To me that is much much worse.
And don’t you even try to justify yourself using me, Eve or anyone else. You said sh!tty things under your sock. Funny that someone who spoke so highly of being fair about Gerry is the epitome of what you were criticizing in others. And the hilarious part, I’m even above that. You have really sunken that low. What excuse are you going to use now… I was just playing??? Are you really GFW now socking and lying your way through the thread??? How many pairs of socks are you sporting, not that we could take your word for it. See what you have sown…
Damn shame…….. LIAR and COWARD will follow you now…

redOctober @ 08/27/2011 at 4:58 pm

@oldbutnotdead:

I wish the best to you, too…and the same to all others posting here. We have a really wide range of “personas”, I think. And we can enjoy each other company and learn a thing or two in the process. We cannot be too different after all we came here following the same man *wink* ; D

…forgive the teacher in me but I love photos with kids

People in the path of Irene…stay safe!

who cares? @ 08/27/2011 at 5:00 pm

@Manny:

who cares? why are you even replying? you both got to say your thing, now drop it and move it. it’s when you reply like this that you DO become a board bully.

i like the fun butler joking manny better. stop taking this place so seriously sometimes.

@oldbutnotdead:
So does that mean me, Eve and the others are more grown up than you??? You know the old saying… if you can’t stand the heat…
redOctober and Lolita are the sweetest things on the planet and are still here, actually talking to us evil meanies and not socking… Your excuse is absolutely ridiculous. You are not the only source of information here so that doesn’t hold water either as an excuse to sock/lie… Geeeesh…. you’re a lawyer and you say this??? Good grief and then some…
You could have posted anything under your old moniker and not lied. Just skip what you don’t like. Are you that fragile??? I’m sorry but your pity poor me is just a crock.
You are on JJ, an OPEN gossip board that is for posting opinions both good and bad. I can’t believe you of all people are that childish/overly sensitive… Like I said, a damn shame… Liar and Coward…

Don’t worry so much about Manny; ‘she’s’ most likely a ‘he,’ and a hypocrite, to boot! She talks about some posters being ‘chicken sh*t’ – I can’t really think of anything more ‘chicken sh*t’ than making yourself into a cyber-bully. Do you think ‘she’ would ever have the b*lls to say the things ‘she’ does to anyone’s face??? Uh, no.

@who cares?:
Sorry, I’m not a fan of liars and socks. It is my opinion. As OBND/SP tried to use me as her excuse for her poor behavior, I’m not going to just sit and say, “Okay you lied to everyone and you can blame that on me.” She has to own her own decisions. Funny things is, if she hadn’t gotten caught she would still be doing it. BTW are you OBND???
As for joking, where have you been??? Apparently having a sense of humor about Butler doesn’t play well. Take a look at my joke on the front page… How dare I make a joke at Butler’s expense… funny damned if I do, damned if I don’t.
@legends:
Same back at ya babe. Here is my email address mannyjjtemp@gmail.com… Let’s see who has the b@lls…

Try sitting ina office allday @ 08/27/2011 at 5:16 pm

@lolita: Hi, how are you? Who is this TedC ? I have never heard of him? He is completely unknown in Australia? is he a gossip reporter or a psychic ?
I don’t understand -he is implying he knows something but dropping hints- but they are hints that mean nothing????
Skeletons?? – GB has been single forever and is 40+. whatever !
Hope you are safe away from Irene.
xx

It looks like Robert Luketic is the person talking up the Butler/Heigl Romancing the Stone rumor… He was the director on TUT. I guess he needs work. :P

Manny, are you that desperate for attention? Really? Have you cracked open and gone crazy?
Balls for what? To take your firing back at the world, one JJ poster at a time, because you’re stuck in your lousy rut of a life? Will never get close to Gerry? Seriously. Get.Some.Help.
~K
who had Gerry shower much like that in her first story, right Manny? ;o)

@legends:
What nothing to say??? Email is open and ready for you… *tapping toe*

Try sitting ina office allday @ 08/27/2011 at 5:44 pm

@Manny: Thank you!
After my post, i thought ” just goggle him”.
Can i assume that as he works for a large well known organisation & looks like he as been around for a longtime he has some credibility ?
mmmm, I think like most gossips, giving the impression they ‘know stuff’ is what keeps them in a job.
I’m sure as he works in the biz he has access to lots of info but probably would’t be able to print/say any of it.
Also, assuming you have libel&defamation laws in the US, so even if he knows ‘stuff’ he is better off implying rather than reporting as fact.
Sounds like a great job !!
thanks again.

@GFW:
So are you socking as legends today??? Oh yeah… it can’t be you because you always sign ~K, huh Kathy??? Like no one can tell who you are…
Other than being delusional ~K you aren’t the brightest bulb in the package either…
Did you spend your whole morning in bed with your hubby??? I did. Did you get a promotion at work this week because of how hard you work??? I did. Did you break your personal best in the mile this week??? I did…. You can make fun of my life all you want. I’ll take my rut of a life over your delusions any day. :)
See there is more to life than Butler and a blog…. Cheers!

curious cat @ 08/27/2011 at 5:51 pm

I was going to make individual replies but too complicated. I need to whiz by. I too am sure a pro surfer stunt double will do most of whatever surfing Frosty has to do. But he is after all a coach, the movie isn’t about HIS career as a surfer. I suspect GB’s main job will be to learn enough to look and sound as if he knows what he’s doing on a surfboard. He certainly has been working at it. Kudos.

What is this item of Ted Casablanca’s that is being discussed? I went to his blog or whatever you call what he does, but didn’t see anything that seemed to apply. I don’t know how to get his back history if it’s not a new item. Anyone have a link? Or preferably just a direct quote? I’m super scared of viruses here. Maybe I missed where this started here but suddenly this was being talked about.

Thanks gossiphound and others who provided discussion of the releasing companies for Coriolanus and MGP.

I was sorry to see bad blood squirting between two posters I like and respect. We have a lot of different personalities here. Even in cyberspace we won’t all get along. I prefer to stay out of personal conflicts. I hate to think how much I sound like my mother, who used to say in any conflict, “There is right and wrong on both sides.”

Maybe I’m donning my highbrow hat again here, but I want to weigh in on socks. I’ve said this before but a reminder doesn’t hurt. We all post anonymously here so we CAN post under any moniker we like. ANYTHING we like. ANY TIME. Maybe it’s my years as a journo writing publicly under my own name, being accountable every day for what I wrote, and getting both slings and arrows and praise too, but

1) I try not to post anything I’d be ashamed to have revealed under my own name if it somehow came to that. It’s not that I think it would, but some day the internet world is going to get caught up in the legal world of free speech, libel, etc. Imagine yourself in court in the witness chair having your posts read aloud. Worst case scenario, and I don’t mean to say it will happen or convey fear. I’m just sayin’, keep that worst case scenario alive when you write stuff.

I’ve had the experience of having my notes subpoenaed and journos always fight this because there are laws that protect us from revealing confidentialities as long as we can prove the veractity of what we write. Nobody has to prove *** on the internet. SO FAR.

2) I never use a sock although I’ve been accused of it once or twice. Someone used my moniker once and said something I’d never say. You can’t stop that, but I think if you consistently use a moniker and people know it, they get to know who you are and know it’s fake if someone steals it. The feds can trace it to the source anyway.

3) I am not CC who also posts here.

4) I do have another internet moniker for the research I do, totally unconnected to JJ, Butler or any of this. And that is accidental. I’d use one moniker just so I could remember it, but had signed up before my visit to JJ under a moniker that kept coming up. Being a bit of a computer klutz, I didn’t know how to change it and decided, it’s easier just to sign in. But tthe sites I visit under that moniker have nothing to do with anything here.

I’m not interested in playing games or messing with people’s heads.

@Try sitting ina office allday:
You are absolutely right. I call him Terd Crapablanca because he is just like that dirtbag Perez Hilton who loves to out people and takes great joy in destroying celebrities. Now that is what a cyberbully is…
E! has a huge legal staff and corralling him and Chelsea Handler must be a handful for them. :)))

@who cares?:
I still think the producers should check and see if Reese is available for a surfing double… apparently she has mastered what Butler is still struggling with… http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2571771/reese-witherspoon-surfing-hawaii-01/

curious cat @ 08/27/2011 at 6:08 pm

The one thing this LC said that might be true is that GB isn’t as the press portrays him. Oh yeah? This is no brainer watching him ad the stories about him.
I got pissed off recently when I saw a story about another star, a famous singer I like. The reporter wrote that said singer married late in life, at age 37. Not only did the writer editorialize about what is “late in life” (37 for a man building a career would not really be late) but she seemed not to know that this was his SECOND marriage! He’s been married and had two kids before! How can people just put out such glib stuff?

It seems Butler is out an about auditioning talent for his Saturday night lay…
jayciwashere Jayci Stephen
@shaddstephen Uncle Eric’s gf just got hit on by Gerard Butler and she had no idea who he was…. #awkward

For the board malcontent, and every board has one, they’re so let down by Gerry. So jealous of him, all he’s done with his life. How bright his future is. How genuinely happy is regardless of his air-pockets and speed-bumps… he’s RICH, famous and living the life, and this board’s resident malcontent is Miserable Manny…
This is for you…
~K, the one and only :oP who wants to say their is life beyond Just Jared sad frustrated lonely home-bound discontented sour-puss Miserable (bring everyone down because she is) Manny SO in need of attention she puts her EMAIL address on an international gossip site??? Miserable Manny who’ll never will have a chance with Gerry OR to read my stories again…so go on then… take advantage of the site above… it.is.time.

curious cat @ 08/27/2011 at 6:14 pm

@oldbutnotdead

I wrote a messge on the NY Yankees post. which ended quickly at 38 comments when new threads arrived.

@GFW:
Why would I want Butler??????? Seriously?????? Does money and fame buy happiness for you???
I spent the morning making love to a man who loves me, married me, and wants to be with me ONLY. Why would I want Butler??? To be one of many??? To be used and left??? To be lied to? To be Queen for a Day and then yesterday’s trash???
What did you do today??????? Write more of your confusing thoughts on Butler on your blog??? Oh don’t reply, the question was rhetorical…

It seems we have a Where’s Waldo night starting…
Holland_Boertje Holland Boertje
Slight possibility Gerard Butler might be at the airport
6 minutes ago

@GFW:
The only thing I have ever read of yours was two paragraphs posted here by someone else. It was obvious you are nuts and very sex deprived. ‘Those that can’t write about it’ mean anything to you???

How do you spell frustrated, angry, and jealous?
This is how you spell it, “It seems Butler is out an about auditioning talent for his Saturday night lay…”
The above is so sad. It will never be you will it? No eyes the color of the sand and the sea, even bloodshot from being in the sea will look into yours quite how I wrote it when you read me. No not ever. Truth. Fact. Reality. But stay here tossing darts at him to make that pain better.
You’re an ex reader knowing all I’m capable of with my, cough, fingertips. ;o) Take care of yourself Miserable Manny. THIS is now your l.i.f.e. Pathetic too isn’t it? It is. Get help for your addictions. Hey, Gerry has. You can too!
~K (waving bye-bye to the saddest JJ poster ever) who just got an invite for dinner worth risking getting REALLY wet for (blows air kiss)

@GFW:
Really, is Pizza Hut delivering???

..Anyone who is interested.... @ 08/27/2011 at 6:48 pm

Gerry is on his way to Hawaii.

Can'tGetEnough @ 08/27/2011 at 7:37 pm

Kind of a shame there is so much bickering on here tonight.

Outer bands of the hurricane already reaching me here in New Jersey, rain and wind picking up. It’s going to be a long night. Good luck to any JJer’s on the east coast tonight and tomorrow. Stay safe!

@Can’tGetEnough:
Keep your head covered and godspeed…

Can'tGetEnough @ 08/27/2011 at 7:52 pm

@Manny: Thanks Manny. 6 people dead already from the storm. Sad.

@Can’tGetEnough:
The news just said they were from trees falling on them. Please be safe…

Maggie P.U. @ 08/27/2011 at 8:17 pm

@164…..I’M WITH YA CAN’T GET….. PRAYERS TO ALL ON THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!!

MPU

@angelsrock: Angel thanks for the video, great pics in it. Hope you stay safe from the storm.

Dot Net Gerry Princess @ 08/27/2011 at 8:29 pm

@Manny:
You know….after reading all the sad PR attempts coming from Piggy Chops and Laurie C., I am inclined to give a little credit to Bianca, Jasmine and even the Arcade chick and his trainergirl Alicea (if they did indeed get it on which I do believe knowing our Gerry).
Pathetic sk/anks Martina, Shanna (the blowjo/b girl) and Beatriz and the ugly airplane chick sold stories like Piggy and Laurie.

@Manny:
Ew he is hitting on randoms at the clubs. How pathetic a man he is.

@Try sitting ina office allday: Hi Try, Ted is a pompous behind. Manny is right when she says Ted and Perez are cut from the same cloth, prunemeisters. Their blogs aren’t worth reading.

@redOctober: Hi Red, cute picture. I am happy to see any new pics of Gerry, especially ones where his smile his genuine. I just read recently that you can tell a fake smile because there is a muscle near your eyes that only works when the smile is a genuine happy smile. It doesn’t work any other way. That’s why sometimes when he smiles it never reaches his eyes.

The weather channel is saying that the hurricane is also spawning tornadoes. This hurricane is 500 miles wide. Over one million people without power. Eight dead from the storm so far. Everyone in its path please be a safe as you possibly can.

redOctober @ 08/27/2011 at 10:06 pm

@lolita:

Hi sweety ; )..I like when his smile is a real and happy one, too. Not seen one of those very often this year. Too much to worry about, I guess.
God be with you people in the path of Irene. We are praying for your safety.

And one little thing to make you smile JJers

Have a great night you all!

Can'tGetEnough @ 08/27/2011 at 10:12 pm

@lolita: It’s huge Lolita! It’s making me nervous. It hasn’t even hit us here in NJ and NYC and I’m already getting the rain and wind. Can’t wait till this thing is out of here!

@redOctober: Red, you always find the rare pics of Gerry. Thanks!! He is thankful for us, I think it is the other way around. We do enjoy him. I am so looking forward to his new body (that too) of work. He is getting great reviews for MGP.
Goodnight Red, have a nice evening.♥

angelsrock @ 08/27/2011 at 10:44 pm

@lolita:

Rain is pounding and my sump pump was malfunctioning so I had about 1/2 inch of water in the basement. Thank goodness my son is here and he fixed it!!! So just spent an hour sucking up the water with the utility vac.

Fingers crossed we won’t lose electricity any time soon or I’ll be baling out the basement!!!!

Hope everyone stays safe.

@Can’tGetEnough: CGE, I’m fortunate to be west of the storm, it has dropped to a category one, but that still has winds of 80 to 85 miles an hour. It is showing the storm over Philly, PA tornado watch, Trenton, NJ, New York City is getting prepared, asking people not to go outside. The intense colors on the map shows this storm is still packing heavy rains and high winds.
The unfortunate thing with hurricanes is that they only lose power over land but with the size of this one the eye is still small and not weakening. Jersey City is said to be under flooding watch because of the rain. Saying it can last anywhere from 6 to 12 hours in deration over where ever it hits. Huge and slow moving. Reaching to Canada. They are saying billions of dollars in damage will be caused by this storm.

@angelsrock: I hope you don’t lose power either. Telling people to be careful if they use candles, because of fire hazards. They just said because the storm is so huge that it is still sucking up moisure from the tropics that is why there is so much heavy rain being dropped. Severe flash flooding in low lying areas. Huge waves hitting the shorelines.

The storm is over NY, NJ, CT, PA, RI, and it’s tail end is still raining with strong winds in Virginia Beach. That is the widespread reach of this storm. Please take every precautions for your safety as possible.

Can'tGetEnough @ 08/27/2011 at 11:10 pm

@lolita: CBS NY news just said that the path veered a bit towards the west. Could cause catastrophic flooding in NYC. OMG.

Praying that everyone will be safe! God bless.

Some good news, new thread Gerry with little Lolita. Good night and be safe to all.

I meant “tricks” not ticks …JJ ,edit button please.@How do I put this…?:

oops… I posted comment #183 on accident. sorry everyone :(

i wish laurie and piggy would stfu.
dumb wh/ores just cuz gerard pumped and dumped

This thread has been crap since it started. Next please JJ!

angelsrock @ 08/28/2011 at 7:55 am

@lolita:

We are so lucky!!!! We did not lose power over night so no water in the basement. The sump pump churned away. Not out of the woods yet though. Heavy winds predicted here throughout the day. I hope N.J. and N.Y. fair as well!!!!! Be gone with you, Irene!!!

Don’t know a thing about surfing but is it even a good thing to be in the ocean when it is churning from rain? Aren’t their deep dangerous undercurrents?
Maybe his lack of on-board balance is due to is inner-board balance being still a bit off-balance not totally back on-balance so he’s testing it? One cannot surf if not totally relaxed.
~K, Irene survivor who has downed branches in her mini backyard from dry trees that got saturated so broke at the joints but had fun at her dinner party last night :o) and delivered pizza was so not on the menu… friendship was on the menu

gossiphound @ 08/28/2011 at 12:33 pm

@curious cat: “I was trained by tough editors who didn’t let a story go to press without thorough research and accuracy. And you were held responsible for what you wrote.”

Those days appear to be gone if they ever totally existed in the tabloid world.

Even the NY Times has been rocked by scandals, they had that intern that was filing fake stories for months.

With today’s technology they have no excuse not to have proper research, even if they just search their own archives. But the major problem is too much media too much competition less paying subscribers less money for factcheckers and the pressure to get stories out first. And all those peeps who are cheating their way through high school and college, even getting caught with little or no repercussions, it is showing now everywhere along with the mentality of we can’t fail kids it might hurt their self esteem so you get what you create.

gossiphound @ 08/28/2011 at 12:38 pm

@..Anyone who is interested….: Apparently not on his way to Hawaii. Not last night.

gossiphound @ 08/28/2011 at 12:49 pm

@GFW: Nothing wrong with surfing in the rain, avid surfers do it all the time and in fact if you like your waves bigger, storms bring out nice big waves. Just a matter of your experience level and dedication and it may also depend where you are surfing. They always have a shot in the news of some crazy surfer usually off the coast of North Carolina trying to catch some waves before the hurricane hits.

@Dot Net Gerry Princess: Did Shanna sell her story or was it her husband Travis Barker who was rather livid who let that cat out of the bag? Funny how Gerry was in Las Vegas same time as Miss USA pageant cause you know who was there too.

Fritz luvs Zak @ 08/28/2011 at 2:09 pm

@OBND….or whoever you are…
We all wallow in the muck sometimes or we wouldn’t be here. Your self righteous lectures fall on deaf ears. If you didn’t care how Manny addressed you as you put it…you would not have posted that “War and Peace Part Three”novel back a few.

APPILONIA G.MONTINEGRO @ 08/29/2011 at 11:54 am

THIS IS MY 3RD TIME !WHATS UP JJ?-TRYING TO REPLY TO MAGGIE P.U.- Hey Maggie P.U. Looks like fun, fun …..OMG, you guys are toooo funny!lol, I have a visual going on here lol, to funny, I see all the women in America suddenly buying Yellow Towels, ha haha to funny…
Appi

Please let him do a Russian accent. The world needs more levity.

love Gerard . . . I myself surf being from Hawaii . . .
He is so hot even at his age . . . . can’t wait for this movie, any of his movies! My BF likes him in action films too!