Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorcese: 'The Gambler' Team?

Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorcese: 'The Gambler' Team?

Leonardo DiCaprio is attached to once again team up with director Martin Scorcese for a remake of the classic film The Gambler, according to Deadline.

The Gambler is about an academic whose “gambling addiction gets to the point where he convinces a student athlete to shave points so he can win a bet, and the high he experiences from risking everything takes him into even darker places.”

Leonardo and Martin previously worked together on Shutter Island, The Departed, The Aviator and Gangs of New York.

WILL YOU WATCH Leonardo DiCaprio in a remake of The Gambler?

Credit: Larry Busacca; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorcese

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Mary Jane Patton @ 08/26/2011 at 11:25 pm

Leonardo is SO damn handsome.

`Darker places` Let me guess! Somehow it`s going to involve a dead wife and some crying again. A typical Dicaprio movie.

Coral Reef @ 08/26/2011 at 11:56 pm

This story sounds like a movie called Rounders with Edward Norton and Matt damon. It was really good. I saw it on Cable.

Bring it on! ;) Love seeing these too colaborate! Plus, Leo is just so damn sexy :D

Should be exciting of course I will ! Love leonardo and Martin !

Fan of Leo @ 08/27/2011 at 12:20 am

Who played in the original version of the Gambler? Was it James Caan? I’d sure love to see Leo in another movie project with Scorsese.

BTW, Jared…. thaks for posting something about Leo that has not the Flake’s name attached to it. What a relief.

Leonardo DiCaprio is a good, capable actor and all…. But I’m really going to be disappointed if Martin Scorsese doesn’t come through with the movie all of us real film fans want to see… The Irishman with Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci.

At last! Something we can discuss that has not Miss Plastic Surgery’s name to it. Scorsese and DiCaprio is a solid value.

Sounds boring, just like this overated actor. I’m so sick of di Crapio. I wish Scorcese would not attach himself AGAIN to di Crapio, there are other actors out there, someone should break it to him.

I love Scorcese and i love Dicaprio, I love the magic they bring to the camera…. definately will see it :)

Stacey Hagen @ 08/27/2011 at 2:33 am

Martin Scorsese’s college film professor and mentor Haig Manoogian (who he dedicated Raging Bull to at the beginning of the end credits) was Armenian. A lot of people don’t know that.

I wish Marty would make Sinatra next. I can’t wait to see Robert De Niro as Dean Martin and Al Pacino as Frank Sinatra.

My eyes!!! @ 08/27/2011 at 2:44 am

You gotta know when to hold ‘em
Know when to fold ‘em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run …

bogdan from transylvania @ 08/27/2011 at 5:21 am

the only good movie actor that you have in your fake country is this guy ..thanks god that is european at the base ….

@My eyes!!!: good ol’ kenny rogers.. im 24 and old skool haha

So much handsome thanks just jared

@Lisa: ok Lisa Rose. doesn’t barf have any projects to stalk? oh wait; that’s a big N.O.!

News is when a project announcement does not begin with the words reboot or remake. Yawn; wake me up when it is released on DVD.

he’s mister non stop

I want to see Martin S. Do a movie with Ellen Pompeo. It would be amazing and perfect.

Oh yeah, please. Them together again. Love you Leo, your such handsome and sexy. Mucho gusto.