Chris Brown: MTV VMAs 2011 Performance!

Chris Brown: MTV VMAs 2011 Performance!

Chris Brown shows off some acrobatic movies while performing during the 2011 MTV VMAs on Sunday (August 28) at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles.

The 22-year-old singer started off the dance medley with “Yeah 3x” and ended with “Beautiful People” – all while he soared in the air with two of his backup dancers!

“Thx to all my fans who showed support tonight! Had a blast! Congrats to all the winners!!!! Be safe tonight! Love you!” Chris tweeted after he wrote he was “so nervous.”

Chris got a standing ovation at the end of the performance, including one from Kanye West and pal Justin Bieber!

Chris Brown – 2011 VMAs Performance

chris brown mtv vmas 2011 01
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 02
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 03
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 04
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 05
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 06

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

He did REALLY good. Although I didn’t see the point of the microphone when he wasn’t singing. Just being honest.

Great performance and we all know he can sign so…

yeah me too i didnt see the point to have a mic..but the performance was incredible..

I didn’t watch and I don’t plan on it. I will never support a man that abuses women and made no real apology. It’s nice to know that if you beat a woman’s face in you can still dance and sing years later and people will love you. If some random person we all knew did this we would be disgusted. If it was my sister or your sister, my daughter or your daughter we would never forget it . Since it’s “cute,hot” Chris Brown its ok. I will never understand people sometimes…

BrookeTheJedi @ 08/28/2011 at 11:45 pm

IT WAS LAME. I liked the dancing but this doesn’t even come close to beating his 2007 performance at the VMA’s He hardly even sang, I think he was lip-syncing. He doesn’t sing much these days, it’s mostly auto tune. Look at his mouth while he’s “singing” “beautiful people” for like 10 seconds. It’s the same as the CD. And I KNOW for a fact that he sounds different live. So he was lip-syncing. So disappointing. His dancing wasn’t that great either. This performance goes with being one of his worst, right next to the 2010 BET awards performance. COME ON CHRIS, people miss the old you!!

Although I haven’t warmed up to him since the whole Rihana incident, the VMA performance was AMAZING! You cant deny he has talent.

talent to lip singing? helloooooo
good performance? helloooooo
he was doing acrobacies, this was not a good performance

shell517nj @ 08/29/2011 at 12:10 am

loved chris performance. a;ways giving 100%.

chris brown has talent and is a true artist. no matter what, the fans have his back!

Wow! he was really good. Gotta give him respect.

OMG!!!! LOVED CHRIS BROWN performance he always bring new and differentthings to his performance that is what makes CHRIS BROWN he’s never afraid to show a different stlye bout himself and his music….. shout out to all Haters caus e your the ones who keep him goin and also STOP bringin up OLD **** let CHRIS LIVE his LIFE…..keep doin what u do CHRIS….LOVE ALWAYS *Team Breezy *

BrookeTheJedi @ 08/29/2011 at 12:50 am

How was this good compared to his last VMA performance? Compare him now to who he was back in 2008 and earlier. He’s lost his touch with music. His R&B music is way better and he needs to get back to that! Graffiti was a terrible album and F.A.M.E was just a little bit better. But nothing he has done will beat his “Exclusive” and “Chris Brown” days. He’s just not all that good anymore. :( And it seems like his fans don’t really care about what he’s doing. His actions are childish, and he needs to grow up. I know that people think that he’s a grown man, but age doesn’t define anything. His music and image are both garbage these days.

Brown’s P.R. team at work on just jared page. No way can you look at this trash and say “He has talent” no freaking way!!!!

First and foremost. If your brain even remember anything. You know Rihanna Chris’s ex quote from Rihanna: I want Chris to have a good life and careers. Might I add she forgave him publicly. So what the hell is your problem. I mean should people have hate or dislike for Chris when his two year ago situation had no direct harm in anyway to anyone life. Your problem is you just want to find some knd of reason to dislike him. Let me help you with this reminder: Chris Brown did not and I repeat did not hit you or anyone you know. So now you can stop the bullshit!

Mrsvagabunda @ 08/29/2011 at 1:50 am

What to say… I’ll just better keep my mouth shut. I don’t want him to beat me.

well done chris. you have energy one cannot see in a lot of young artists these days. am proud of you. keep doing what you do man, and you will do lots lots lots. am really happy with your performance, energy and you are superb. well done to you and good luck. what a performance, karim

Hands down the best performance of the night. Won my heart again. WOW

This topped 07 to be honest. Those saying he “lip-synced” umm he lip-synced back than too even in 07 at the VMAs and his dance routine back then wasnt as great now. I liked the performance.

I don’t see a point in hating Chris Brown. I WAS disgusted by the Rihanna thing years ago but in life we make alot of mistakes and have expierences that over a period of time turn into lessons we’ve hopeully learned. I see alot of potential and determanation in him. Really he needs to get his immaturity and anger in check sometimes. Minus the GMA stunt I think he is going in the right direction…but I can’t take most Chris haters seriously most of you probably live to see him fail and that isn’t helping anyone. Ya’ll act like he didn’t go through a period of time where his career and life was destroyed. If someone works to get there life and career back on the right path then more power to him…i just hope he keeps himself in check.

People stand on this balcony and look down on him which is annoying to me. No beating someone is never okay even if you are celebrity but who am i to say he can’t move on? That isn’t my place and it obviously isn’t yours either. You can’t hate someone you don’t know. You can’t not forgive someone for something he didnt do to you. Last I checked Rihanna forgave him and doesn’t wish anything but the best for him so when I see people who can’t forgive him it’s funny to me. Your opinion on him as a person is invalid really. You don’t have to be naive. You don’t have to forget. Or even be a fan. Just learn to forgive. It’s very easy to hate someone based off of the least favorable moments in their life isn’t it?

put the Rihanna thing to a side was this performance good or not? Yes it was. Does he have talent? yes he does. Does every dancer lip sing while dancing? Yes they do.

If he didnt lip sync while doing those moves his voice wouldd of sounded terrible. then u would of said he has no talent. Like come on!

salignary @ 08/29/2011 at 5:24 am

The best performance at the VMA 2011 !!!

Brown sux @ 08/29/2011 at 6:55 am

@BrookeTheJedi: His music and image are garbage because of karma, baby. You pass out sh!t, you get sh!t back. I pity any woman who gets with him thinking she can fix him, change him. Some women are stupid like that. His phannies would have a different perspective if they were the ones getting their face bashed in. This punk has no respect.

Someone needs to work on their lip-synching. That was HORRIBLE.

#14 Mann
you are soooo right about the PR team

Nahh people don’t think he has talent, can’t be. People just like a come back story but he never had TALENT and I mean NEVER. Talent and Chris Brown don’t belong in the same sentence!! I’m actually offended that some Retards would put those words together.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All