Chris Brown: MTV VMAs 2011 Performance!

Chris Brown: MTV VMAs 2011 Performance!

Chris Brown shows off some acrobatic movies while performing during the 2011 MTV VMAs on Sunday (August 28) at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles.

The 22-year-old singer started off the dance medley with “Yeah 3x” and ended with “Beautiful People” – all while he soared in the air with two of his backup dancers!

“Thx to all my fans who showed support tonight! Had a blast! Congrats to all the winners!!!! Be safe tonight! Love you!” Chris tweeted after he wrote he was “so nervous.”

Chris got a standing ovation at the end of the performance, including one from Kanye West and pal Justin Bieber!

Chris Brown – 2011 VMAs Performance

chris brown mtv vmas 2011 01
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 02
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 03
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 04
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 05
chris brown mtv vmas 2011 06

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

He did REALLY good. Although I didn’t see the point of the microphone when he wasn’t singing. Just being honest.

Great performance and we all know he can sign so…

yeah me too i didnt see the point to have a mic..but the performance was incredible..

I didn’t watch and I don’t plan on it. I will never support a man that abuses women and made no real apology. It’s nice to know that if you beat a woman’s face in you can still dance and sing years later and people will love you. If some random person we all knew did this we would be disgusted. If it was my sister or your sister, my daughter or your daughter we would never forget it . Since it’s “cute,hot” Chris Brown its ok. I will never understand people sometimes…

BrookeTheJedi @ 08/28/2011 at 11:45 pm

IT WAS LAME. I liked the dancing but this doesn’t even come close to beating his 2007 performance at the VMA’s He hardly even sang, I think he was lip-syncing. He doesn’t sing much these days, it’s mostly auto tune. Look at his mouth while he’s “singing” “beautiful people” for like 10 seconds. It’s the same as the CD. And I KNOW for a fact that he sounds different live. So he was lip-syncing. So disappointing. His dancing wasn’t that great either. This performance goes with being one of his worst, right next to the 2010 BET awards performance. COME ON CHRIS, people miss the old you!!

Although I haven’t warmed up to him since the whole Rihana incident, the VMA performance was AMAZING! You cant deny he has talent.

talent to lip singing? helloooooo
good performance? helloooooo
he was doing acrobacies, this was not a good performance

shell517nj @ 08/29/2011 at 12:10 am

loved chris performance. a;ways giving 100%.

chris brown has talent and is a true artist. no matter what, the fans have his back!

Wow! he was really good. Gotta give him respect.

OMG!!!! LOVED CHRIS BROWN performance he always bring new and differentthings to his performance that is what makes CHRIS BROWN he’s never afraid to show a different stlye bout himself and his music….. shout out to all Haters caus e your the ones who keep him goin and also STOP bringin up OLD **** let CHRIS LIVE his LIFE…..keep doin what u do CHRIS….LOVE ALWAYS *Team Breezy *

BrookeTheJedi @ 08/29/2011 at 12:50 am

How was this good compared to his last VMA performance? Compare him now to who he was back in 2008 and earlier. He’s lost his touch with music. His R&B music is way better and he needs to get back to that! Graffiti was a terrible album and F.A.M.E was just a little bit better. But nothing he has done will beat his “Exclusive” and “Chris Brown” days. He’s just not all that good anymore. :( And it seems like his fans don’t really care about what he’s doing. His actions are childish, and he needs to grow up. I know that people think that he’s a grown man, but age doesn’t define anything. His music and image are both garbage these days.

Brown’s P.R. team at work on just jared page. No way can you look at this trash and say “He has talent” no freaking way!!!!

First and foremost. If your brain even remember anything. You know Rihanna Chris’s ex quote from Rihanna: I want Chris to have a good life and careers. Might I add she forgave him publicly. So what the hell is your problem. I mean should people have hate or dislike for Chris when his two year ago situation had no direct harm in anyway to anyone life. Your problem is you just want to find some knd of reason to dislike him. Let me help you with this reminder: Chris Brown did not and I repeat did not hit you or anyone you know. So now you can stop the bullshit!

Mrsvagabunda @ 08/29/2011 at 1:50 am

What to say… I’ll just better keep my mouth shut. I don’t want him to beat me.

well done chris. you have energy one cannot see in a lot of young artists these days. am proud of you. keep doing what you do man, and you will do lots lots lots. am really happy with your performance, energy and you are superb. well done to you and good luck. what a performance, karim

Hands down the best performance of the night. Won my heart again. WOW

This topped 07 to be honest. Those saying he “lip-synced” umm he lip-synced back than too even in 07 at the VMAs and his dance routine back then wasnt as great now. I liked the performance.

I don’t see a point in hating Chris Brown. I WAS disgusted by the Rihanna thing years ago but in life we make alot of mistakes and have expierences that over a period of time turn into lessons we’ve hopeully learned. I see alot of potential and determanation in him. Really he needs to get his immaturity and anger in check sometimes. Minus the GMA stunt I think he is going in the right direction…but I can’t take most Chris haters seriously most of you probably live to see him fail and that isn’t helping anyone. Ya’ll act like he didn’t go through a period of time where his career and life was destroyed. If someone works to get there life and career back on the right path then more power to him…i just hope he keeps himself in check.

People stand on this balcony and look down on him which is annoying to me. No beating someone is never okay even if you are celebrity but who am i to say he can’t move on? That isn’t my place and it obviously isn’t yours either. You can’t hate someone you don’t know. You can’t not forgive someone for something he didnt do to you. Last I checked Rihanna forgave him and doesn’t wish anything but the best for him so when I see people who can’t forgive him it’s funny to me. Your opinion on him as a person is invalid really. You don’t have to be naive. You don’t have to forget. Or even be a fan. Just learn to forgive. It’s very easy to hate someone based off of the least favorable moments in their life isn’t it?

put the Rihanna thing to a side was this performance good or not? Yes it was. Does he have talent? yes he does. Does every dancer lip sing while dancing? Yes they do.

If he didnt lip sync while doing those moves his voice wouldd of sounded terrible. then u would of said he has no talent. Like come on!

salignary @ 08/29/2011 at 5:24 am

The best performance at the VMA 2011 !!!

Brown sux @ 08/29/2011 at 6:55 am

@BrookeTheJedi: His music and image are garbage because of karma, baby. You pass out sh!t, you get sh!t back. I pity any woman who gets with him thinking she can fix him, change him. Some women are stupid like that. His phannies would have a different perspective if they were the ones getting their face bashed in. This punk has no respect.

Someone needs to work on their lip-synching. That was HORRIBLE.

#14 Mann
you are soooo right about the PR team

Nahh people don’t think he has talent, can’t be. People just like a come back story but he never had TALENT and I mean NEVER. Talent and Chris Brown don’t belong in the same sentence!! I’m actually offended that some Retards would put those words together.

@Truth: His talent has nothing to do with his attitude, sorry, but you people kix it all the time, “his cool, because he did good job, so we can forgive him rihannas case now”, this is just silly. Seriously, i dont listen his music, not my style, he is talented, far enough, i can admit it, but as a person, hes a total zero to me and always will. The man who has bitten the woman is dangerous, because it means he is able to do that, normal people know the lines, and know what lines to not cross ever again. If he did it once, he might do that again and again and there is a high chance he will, because he is able to cross that line. No respect for him. not for his talent.

Go away, woman beater.

Too Damn Bad... @ 08/29/2011 at 11:46 am

His fans really need to stop debating a close to 3 year old incident. Who cares what his haters think? If the fools come out of the woodwork every time he does something amazing, thinking it’s going to stop him, well it hasn’t worked and won’t.

Since the incident. # 1 movie, # 1 gold (heading to platinum) album, Many in the business clamoring to work with him. New movie and TV deals, Record breaking audience viewing and crowd for DWTS and TTS….and his tour is taking off!

None of you can do what he does and most of you watched with amazement behind your little computers and regrouped to not sound like a fan but the usual suspects. If you hate him, don’t like him, why are you here? U are not going to change one fan’s mind. He’s doing just fine without you.

Chris Gucci @ 08/29/2011 at 8:11 pm

@Mann:

the true ****** is you, for calling people names because they don’t share your same taste. I bet you listen to lady gaga. Now shut up dumb nazi.

Now we know why he beats on women. GAY GAY GAY Just has not excepted himself yet. Poor boy.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE YOU NEED TO LET THE WHOLE “CHRIS BROWN BEATING UP RIHIANA” THAT WAS THE PAST GOD DAMN I BET THEIR OVER THAT ****& DON’T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT BUT YET THEIR FANS (YOU) KEEP GOING ON AND ON ABOUT IT. JUST LET THAT **** GO. IT SO GETTING ANNOYING. BUT ANYWAYS CB DID VERY GOOD ON HER PERFORMANCE. WHO GIVES A **** IF HE WASN’T SINGING OR THERE WAS NO POINT OF THE MIC. HES DANCING ALONE WAS AMAZING TO WATCH! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE AND STOP TALKING ABOUT CB&RIHIANAS PAST!

Did anyone else notice that the only people standing up in the audience during his performance were male hip-hop artists. It made me want to throw up. It was as if they were all praising a fellow woman-beater; As if to say, “Hi. I’m a famous musician, and I’m beat on women.” I don’t like to categorize like that, but WTF?! It’s not as if Chris Brown deserves a standing ovation during his entire performance, so my assumption can only be this.

It was almost as bad as the performance at the Grammy’s a couple of years ago when M.I.A. was pregnant and all of the men (Kanye, TI, Lil Wayne) singing with her might has well have been knocking her to the side, they were trying to upstage each other so much. It was her song that made that performance possible in the first place, so give her room! Watch it, and tell me I’m wrong.

Sick sick men.

chicagoan @ 08/30/2011 at 9:11 pm

Chris Brown is so last decade. He looked like a total douchebag. Oh yeah, thats right. He is a douchebag!

Some pple drive me nuts.all the never do well are the critics and i hope u get it into ur thick skulls haters that pple make mistakes and this guy was just nineteen then.Some of u haters and ctritics do worse.The truth is this guy has amazing talent and all the haters will die hating and see him moving up and never go down.they thought his carrer would be over and are bitter he is back on top.Please Chris check urselt control your anger and let this pple die of hating.As for Jay z a fool at over fourty is a fool forever,why would u be hating on a boy u can give birth to, shame on you where is your maturity or is their something else?is it rihanna…because i dont get what ur problem is or is it because u never acheieved what he has when u were his age…shame on uuuuu.

jack sparrow @ 08/31/2011 at 1:46 pm

its ok theyre doing a song together with drake… him and rihanna

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND OUT THE NAME OF THE SONG HE DANCED TO AFTER YEAH AT THE BEGINNING.
that techno one :)
thank you.

C.B. Gave a performance full of energy what the audience wants to See. What U got. He got skills. It’s f–k up what he Did or Not with Rihanna. No Man should every hit a woman period. The Case between them is Close. They Both move on And doing what they Luv “Music”. Enjoy it or don’t listen to them and move on. C.B Great job! I dig on Ur performance.
Homey from Chi-Town.

personally, I think my friend Veronica is a better lip-syncer. hahah, try harder Chris Brown.