Madonna & Abbie Cornish Premiere 'W.E.' in Venice

Madonna & Abbie Cornish Premiere 'W.E.' in Venice

Madonna strikes a pose at the premiere of her new film, W.E., on Thursday (September 1) at the Palazzo del Cinema in Venice, Italy.

The 53-year-old entertainer directed the flick, which stars Abbie Cornish, who wore an Atelier Versace gown and accessorized with Bulgari High Jewelry Collection, to the Venice Film Festival premiere.

“I see myself as a storyteller. Film has always informed the other areas of my work. I don’t think that being a filmmaker is such a big leap,” Madonna told the Associated Press. “I think all of my work before actually prepared me for the responsibility of filmmaking.”

FYI: Madonna is wearing a dress and shoes both by Vionnet.

25+ pictures inside of Madonna and Abbie Cornish premiering W.E. in Venice…

madonna abbie cornish premiere we venice 01

• Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Abbie Cornish is so gorgeous and voluptuous. One of the most talented and sexiest Australian actresses.

Jackie Channing @ 09/01/2011 at 6:01 pm

Madonna looked far better and more attractive at the Academy Awards after party earlier this year.

Sebastian @ 09/01/2011 at 6:04 pm

QUEEN OF POP! she looks gorgeous, classy, sexy…omg i love this woman…she’s everything…..cheers from South America =)

Very BEAUTIFUL – Madonna & Abbie Cornish – Stunning DRESS!!! :) – Loving Madonna Pictures 26-29 – shall I say… “marilyn” _— LOVE YOU MADONNA…

Abbie Cornish is SO gorgeous!!!

Madonna looks like a plastic grandma. Retire already!

Pattycake @ 09/01/2011 at 7:12 pm

Abbie has exquisite taste in gowns and this one is no exception. But she must be two dress sizes larger than her Bright Star premiere.

Madonna looks beautiful

@Jackie Channing: you’re kidding, right? She looked so trashy earlier this year. I really do wonder if she got a stylist lately or if this is just a new ‘era’ for her. She has been looking very elegant lately.

winterwren @ 09/01/2011 at 10:15 pm

Really, really, really like Madonna’s dress. Looks great on her and just great.

Aníbal Domingos @ 09/01/2011 at 10:18 pm

i hope if that movie will be so good like Filth and Wisdom.

long live to queen of pop, oh I’m sorry long live to EMPRESS OF POP

helloooooo @ 09/01/2011 at 10:39 pm

a story teller? hahahahha you tickle my funny bone madonna! who can forget your trash movie swept away? if you cant act you cant direct. period. you had to rope in guy name into your interview to promote your movie….sad!

Madonna and all of the cast look wonderful – so happy. She looks like she is very proud of her film – I hope it is good, and that it is well-received. The Vionnet dress is exquisite, along with the jewelry. Bravo!!!

Christina @ 09/02/2011 at 1:00 am

Madonna looks gorgeous and her dress is very beautiful. Congratulations! I’m sure her movie will be very successful.

Wow, Madonna looks gorgeous! I want the name of her plastic surgeon, seriously. She is 53 years old, and rocking it!

OH my God my queen is stunning