Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Alexander Skarsgard: 'Maisie' in Central Park!

Alexander Skarsgard: 'Maisie' in Central Park!

Alexander Skarsgard strolls through the set of his latest film What Maisie Knew while on location in NYC’s Central Park on Thursday (September 1).

Earlier in the week, the 35-year-old True Blood actor shot some scenes for the movie with his young co-star!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Alexander Skarsgard

Alex‘s father, renowned actor Stellan Skarsgard, recently spoke with E! about his son’s fame.

“If he had the feeling that it was thanks to me that he had any of his success, it would just be half a success. He owes everything to himself,” Stellan said.

When asked if Stellan would be able to make an appearance on True Blood opposite Alex, he simply responded, “I don’t have the time.”

alexander skarsgard central park 01
alexander skarsgard central park 02
alexander skarsgard central park 03
alexander skarsgard central park 04
alexander skarsgard central park 05

John Parra/Getty

It’s a shame he doesn’t have the time to do a guest spot on TB… I know it wouldn’t really fit into the story, but it would be entertaining if Eric was his maker :)

PurpleSamantha @ 09/02/2011 at 3:43 am

@Canuck: I would be afraid of it looking like a cheap publicity stunt.

this is boring

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wake me up when something interesting happens

VERY VERY SEXİ

@PurpleSamantha: How about Dracula from the CH Sookie companion book?

lafamepoma @ 09/02/2011 at 7:41 am

Handsome

I am not sure I happened to end up on this website? But anyway I don’t really follow the actors work, but after what I’ve googled. It seems that this thriving actor is attempting to tear away from his series role and grasp into knew adventure. I am little curious as to why he never went through on being a doctor. Medical school is hard enough and a education like that can touch lives in so many great ways! I hope he uses those talents one day as well! Good Luck and God Speed!

cute_lil_becca@yahoo.com @ 09/02/2011 at 9:09 am

@Rebecca:

Forgive the miss spelling. LOL Quite haven’t found my way to the staying awake part yet! I.E. Medical School ;D

Apparently his character likes baggy t-shirts but really tight jeans. LOL! Not that I’m complaining about jeans that fight him, but that shirt is about 3 sizes too big for my liking. I love his gym shirts. They show off his fantastic chest.

Alex confirms in the German GQ that he had to lose a lot of weight for Melancholia. I guess that’s why he was so thin last fall. Here’s the excerpt of him talking about it, and just for reference 10KG is 22lbs. That’s a ton on his frame!

“Is it true that Lars von Trier demanded you diet your True Blood body down for Melancholia?

I really lost weight, actually a lot. But Lars didn’t tell me to. After I read the script I thought a football body wouldn’t fit the movie.
Wait a moment. I had to take off my shirt in front of Lars von Trier once. And he wanted less muscles. I’m rather skinny and before every True Blood season I start eating a lot of meat, go to the gym daily to weigh 10 kg more when shooting begins. Well 10 kg more on muscles. With Melancholia it was in reverse. For that I lost the 10 kg.”

LOL I didn’t know Alex actually owned shorts that weren’t for the gym.

gorgeous as ever. And the man must have the patience of a saint as nice as he continues to be to all the fans who come around to the shooting locations

KB at the airport with her new victim. WTF is she wearing? This poor bugger, he looks haunted already.

@Camille: how funny is it when u pull that site up there are all these ads about eating disorders above her pictures ….that’s classic!

@chelle:
I noticed that too! Interesting.

Ahaha oh snap ‘I don’t have the time’!! Best answer ever! Lol

Haha well Stellan is more famous and he has his own career going.
He doesn’t have the time for a measly guest spot on some cable show.

@Camille: Oh I saw those on another site. Yes, you are exactly right. He does already have that look of stress and misery LOL. What is she wearing? Why the lower half is an army tent with a white flag of surrender handily available on the upper body. Not sure where she’d be headed to in that ensemble. The black boots surprised me. This is one outfit the usual beige boots might actually go with. But honestly, I wish her and this new guy both well. Just glad she seems to be staying entire continents away from Alex

Anyone have any new news on ‘The East”?

@seeshay:
I haven’t read anything further on The East. He’s only confirmed for Disconnect that I know of and that’s supposed to be filming until the end of October. Perhaps they’re still working out scheduling because I think The East was supposed to start filming in Oct in Nashville. I mean if his part in Disconnect is fairly small maybe he could do both at the same time, but it could be tricky.

@Camille: I know I’m going to get slammed for this but those shoes make his feet look ginormous …lol. chuck’s always do that. I have some pink one’s but I don’t wear them alot cuz of that reason.

PurpleSamantha @ 09/02/2011 at 6:25 pm

@Canuck: Can’t comment on that, haven’t read any of the Sookie books, etc. I’m coming strictly from the TV end. :)

@chelle:
I don’t think it would be so bad if his pants weren’t so skinny. If he had a more relaxed fit pant they would cover more of the shoe.

charhamblin @ 09/02/2011 at 6:56 pm

@seeshay:

OMG, laughed my a** off. You are so right. Those short brown bootie boots (that have to stink to high heaven about now) that she wears with everything that are so unappropriate with everything she wears them with, would have ACTUALLY have gone good with this outfit instead of the black cowboy boots! And, as far as her new “victim” I think he is a few slices shy of a personal pan pizza myself so at least with their body frames, they seem a great match! Think of all the money they’d save on groceries! Must be true love!

Here’s a promo for the season finale of TB. It had better not come down to Sookie having to choose who burns at the stake. Ugh!

Well actually Stellan works a lot haha
I heard that he’ll coming to Brazil for shoot a serie and a movie this month!

or maybe he doesn’t like vampire issues….

But would be interesting watch him on True Blood…and just HBO can make it! HAHAHA

Not the most flattering clothing on him. I think he plays a scattered artist in this movie.

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/03/2011 at 1:43 am

@Rebecca:
I couldn’t agree with you more. Mr. Skarsgard would probably be far better at helping save lives. Instead, he has been wasting his life being worshipped by low-lifes, especially the ones here. You can count all the people who will thumbs down my comment and you know who you are ; )

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/03/2011 at 1:48 am

@Camille: The fact he eats a lot of meat tells me that he must have toxic farts and the bathrooms he goes into must be labelled disaster zones after he uses them. I’d hate to be in the stall next to this guy when that happens.

I still see the Bosworth cooties, or boscooties as I now unaffectionately call them, on him. It will take some time to wash that **** off, if ever…..
Yes, Mr New-boscooties looks as cootied up as one can look…….poor bu**er

@Camille: thanks for that link Camille. Hmmm. All I can say is that TB takes some bizarre twists and turns IMO. We’ll see where this one goes. I think Straw Dogs has a pre screening in NYC this week. Will be interesting to see comments on it afterwards.

@Neela:

Stellan is definetly more experienced and of course much older than Alex but Alex is the real star of the SkarsFamily. Stellan is not that famous outside Sweden, he is not Sutherland/Douglas famous, not even Steven Buscemi famous. If we speak the watching audience only moviefreaks and Swedes maybe know Stellan better but Alex is way more famous in worldwide.

The Skarsfans are 2x1 @ 09/03/2011 at 5:39 pm

HA HA HA
Wich one of you (ladybug camille canuck) is this?

The Skarsfans are 2x1 @ 09/03/2011 at 5:39 pm

HA HA HA
Wh
ich one of you (ladybug camille canuck) is this?

Sylvia A. @ 09/03/2011 at 6:16 pm

@my2cents:
I think Stellan is more important, just not as loud.
I mean, in 20 years probably people who like good movies, acting, etc they will talk about Stellan work, not about Alexander GP.

@Camille:

that AskarsSwedishMeatballs girl…is a nasty piece of work, that puts down anyone who doesn’t fit to her prescribed view of a “fan”. Witty? Maybe. Nasty? Definitely.

Skarsfans are 2x1 @ 09/03/2011 at 9:51 pm

@Camille:
that one HAS eyebrows and a mousy face. aND greyhairs?
ew

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/04/2011 at 12:16 am

@The Skarsfans are 2×1: I say ladypig. That picture fits her to a tee.

@Rebecca: Well, judging by the interviews I’ve seen, he has special needs or something, obvs he had to drop out

@The Skarsfans are 2×1: But all the people in here is thin and healthy. Yeah…as if

Well, judging by the interviews I’ve seen, he has special needs or something, obvs he had to drop out.