Adele Covers 'British Vogue' October 2011

Adele Covers 'British Vogue' October 2011

Adele graces the cover of British Vogue‘s October issue.

Here’s what the 23-year-old English singer had to share with the mag:

On her pre-show ritual: “I puke quite a lot before going on stage. Though never actually on stage. But then, I s— myself before everything … the bigger the freak-out, the more I enjoy the show!”

On the entertainment industry’s obsession with weight: “I’ve seen people where it rules their lives, who want to be thinner or have bigger boobs, and how it wears them down. And I don’t want that in my life. I have insecurities, of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.”

On being single: “I do get massively distracted when I’ve got someone in my life, which I can’t afford to do right now. Besides, no one treats me as well as I do.”

adele vogue uk october 2011 01
adele vogue uk october 2011 02

Jesse Grant/Getty

LeAnn Rimes needs to read this article.

psycho Who@rlina @ 09/05/2011 at 3:59 pm

wow she is so beautiful

wow, she’s fat but not that little

Right now Adele is the most beautiful singer with a great voice! She doesn’t need to do hideous thing on herself to look different. She is interesting the way she is.

A true inspiration! Adele you are perfect.

Wow !! Nice cover ! She is just beautiful.

I hope she has daughters!

Oh please, all these girls who say they get along better with boys/men have something wrong with them! They can’t get along with ONE GIRL??? That’s insane! These women make me sick and she is just trying to find another excuse to be her fat self…

@hahahah:
you mean doughnuts?

@dumb-bar: Did you perhaps miss the part where she said “MOST” of her friends are boys? Not ‘ALL’. One could come to a conclusion that, she does, indeed, have at least one female friend. Moron. Was this just a little clever attempt to embed some comment about her weight?

@dumb-bar: erm why does her having more guy friends make you sick? why does it bother you lol…And she is right about one thing girls can be very mean and she is beautiful and has an amazing voice please take your bitterness somewhere else!

Totally looks like Katy perry

no not katy. she look like girl in danity kane but i forget her name

or bit like christina aguiler in her eyes

look like mila kunis lol

katy and christina has sick eyes

Totally katy perry but she looks fake glamour

she is overrated!! nothing special about her or her voice.

Roben raice @ 09/05/2011 at 5:19 pm

Mila looks older than Adele they are nothing looks alike mybey a bit of katy

Adele is a beautiful woman and has a great voice! She has the perfect body as well! You go girl!

adele looks beautiful but katy looks older

She should be photoshopped more often so we don’t have to look at her double chin and fat rolls.

Hahahah of course katy looks younger like 10 years old. Mila has beauty face like sooooo older woman i hate any woman have looks old G_mother.

brits have everything. they have adele the best singer in the world, they have william and kate the cutest couple in the world and they have london the most beautiful city in the world. what more could they ask for?

@annie/glee/nikky: we know your jealous and try voted yourself don’t try i kow hows your person. Commple use other name and voted yourself. Lie person

She is the most beautiful person inside and out (from what I have read and learned about her and from seeing her in concert) I think she is stunning! And her personality tops off the awesomeness that is her. She doesn’t take herself to seriously and when I look at her I don’t see weight. I see an amazing artist that has more talent in her left pinky than a lot of other “artists” out there these days.

Sorry glee i don’t mean your also

@Nikky: she not like charisma carpenter.

OMG, I liked her so much better before she spoke! Puke and sh–herself backstage, stay classy England!

Wait and see @ 09/05/2011 at 6:03 pm

Adele will win a Grammy for her new CD

Again i want to say true annie/glee one person (sorry nikky)

@M:

I dont think that she looks like Charisma C. I think she has charisma, like personal charm..

@Lis:

no problem :)

she is amazing.i dont understand why some people saying these negative things about her.haters gonna hate…

I really like Adele, she is pretty, talented, and she doesn’t care what people think about her or her size. PLUS she isn’t doing that dance-pop/electronic music thing which I am sick of! Adele is a pioneer for the next music revolution and I hope she has a fulfilling career.

i truly respect Adele both as a person and as an artist. She’s one of the best musicians we have today, and I find her quite mature for her age:)

Always Problem &hater&jealous comment in great person.

LoL IN FACT @ 09/05/2011 at 9:29 pm

Mila/Anglina/megan looks sooo much older then christina and katy

LoL IN FACT @ 09/05/2011 at 9:29 pm

Mila/Anglina/megan looks sooo much older then christina and katy

The comment about kids is a bit shallow! be thankful that you just have happy healthy babies, not BOYS or GIRLS. Girls love their mothers??? and boys can be mean?? Its how you raise your children.

ooo they put Alaia on the cover and he HATES Anna Wintour, that makes me wonder if British Vogue isn’t such a fan of her either..anyway, I lopve Adele, she’s amazing. Although I do disagree on her comment about children, I think girls make way better daughters but hey, we’re each entitled to our own opinion.

“On preferring sons over daughters: “I’ve always got on better with boys. Most of my friends are boys. Like, if I ever have children, I want five boys. Boys love their mothers whereas girls can be so mean to each other.”

if a thin woman said this she would be called a b**** and a woman hater.

@Alaia: Clever? Hahaha

look katy without makeup look older and sick eyes loooool

Not mila not katy just Miley cayres looking more great for you gays but she not my favr.

megan looks littel girl jerk

britney win look older

But she eye beautiful but head &lips &nose All miley

totally agree katy looks young reason round eyes i like any girl round eyes than any eyes for me

Psychosomatic Syndrome @ 09/06/2011 at 6:02 am

What a beautiful face she has!
Can you imagine all the furor and publicity she’ll generate if she lost weight to a very healthy size??
All the commercial contracts she’ll gain.
Just like Sophie Dahl had in the 90s.

Love her. AHHH MAZINGGGGG voice. the kind you get chills from when you hear. I’ve been waiting for another singer like that for YEARRRRSSSSSS. We haven’t seen such talent since the 90s triple threat that was (in their primes); Whitney,Mariah,Celine. Go Adele!!!!

mila looks old but megan looks young

This might be the first vogue cover I buy in more than five years. Ever since the departure of the fuller looking supermodels, I have never bought Vogue. I just love the way Adele does her eye make-up. Whoever does her makeup is a genius.

Adele Fan @ 09/06/2011 at 3:23 pm

I LOVE ADELE! So beautiful! Adele’s one of the most beautiful and inspirational singers out there. Im so happy we have her to represent the UK. Just goes to show there are people from the UK that are able to become world-wide singing sensations.

SO PRETTY! I LOVE YOU ADELE<3

beautiful woman!!!!!

Mumford&Fans @ 09/06/2011 at 5:14 pm

With some of these comments I can understand why young girls want to starve themselves. I hate to break it to some of you but being skinny and dancing around stage in ****** clothes while lipsyncing an overly auto-tuned doesn’t mean you’re talented. Adele is a REAL talent!

one word to descride her is “ UNSTOPABLE” i love her and always will. she is saying inspirational words on the first of binder with a cigarette in her hand. never stop loving and theres no one like you ily forever

aww she’s so sweet and I can tell she is nervous performing on stage. she does get awkward when speaking between songs but Adele you sound AMAZING and we love that you are humble and normal. I hate these arrogant performers that think what they do is performance art. You are getting the attention you deserve. And for the haters calling her fat we all know its the lil monsters who have a monkey for an idol. don’t listen to them Adele you are beautiful. One more thing please stop smoking you have a gift & your health to take of :)

@Jane: She has the talent..what do you have? Miserable, envious low life!