Gerard Butler Picks Up a Pizza

Gerard Butler Picks Up a Pizza

Gerard Butler picks up a large pizza pie with a friend on Sunday (September 4) in Malibu, Calif.

The 41-year-old Scottish stud picked up the cheesy pie after spending the day on the beach!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Earlier in the day, Gerard made a quick phone call while on his way to eat breakfast.

The day before, a shirtless Gerry got some fresh air on the deck of a Malibu beach house as he took in the beautiful ocean views.

gerard butler picks up pizza 01
gerard butler pizza man 01
gerard butler pizza man 02
gerard butler pizza man 03
gerard butler pizza man 04

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

please stop stalking this poor guy!!!! give him a break already

@jmho: Even the GB brigade seemed to be stunned into silence for a while by the onslaught of inconsequential photos. Thought I might have to be the first to post. JJ not doing him any favours with all this.

bystander @ 09/05/2011 at 3:38 am

Somebody do a supermarket run for him, he has no food or coffee in the house.

what’s with all the GB posts???

better a pizza than another real housewife, enjoy the carbs gerry you need them!

I think Gerry could have had his pizza delivered if he wanted to. Or, I don’t know, just had his friend pick it up. Gerry is loving all this attention! He’s just about to promote two films. All this coverage is by design, folks. If JJ wasn’t posting these pix, Gerry and his PR would be panicking right now. They would be having a crisis meeting to figure out how to get JJ’s attention and no street musician in LA would be safe.

Next time: “Gerard Butler sits on the toilet …”

Any publicity is ... @ 09/05/2011 at 4:53 am

All of this stuff is PR and GB has a lot of money riding on MGP.
While MGP is on limited release, it has to double its rumored 50$k budget to satisfy the backers and make money for the companies who invest in it AND GB also seems to need that people accpet him as a serious actor too! With limited releases for its opening, GB will have to hustle hard to get people to see it.
Don’t for one minute, think that GB is not fully aware of the publicity he can attract, he is an ACTOR, and looking pi*ss*d off and anoyed with the Paps is just one of many faces he can pull. As others have said, Alan and his team will be making sure that he is in the spotlight. They all have big money riding on it.

bystander @ 09/05/2011 at 5:11 am

@Any publicity is …: well, in that case Gerry needs to find a new team, fast. This is such an unimaginative, one track strategy, as media scruff/hook up merchant just invites the public and critics to look for fault in acting performance . I think Gerry is going for media personality instead of serious actor ? Get a more professional team and LISTEN to them. It’s currently like the bank of England trying to manage the economy with only one tool in the box, interest rates.

Anyone know what that pin is that Gerry is wearing on his shirt? It looks like a celtic cross.

This poor man cannot do anything without being watched. He does not seem to be asking for it like some celebs either. This is almost stalking. Why should we care or need to know what he ate for lunch and that he made a phone call on his cell or had breakfast. These are very typical things that we all do.

His ‘friend’ is his surfing instructor, and the guy is wearing the same swimtrunks as G. was on that day of the beach pics with the mystery blonde (who everybody thought was his assistant).

I kinda like the fact that he seems to make friendships out of his professional relationships. Everyone he’s ever worked with has said how incredibly niiiiccccccccceeeee he truly is- they probably can’t help but to want to hang with him.

Pizza is one of my favorite foods, like ever! Fun to see he likes pizza too. Not that this is surprising. LOL Now I want to know what kind? Hummm.

scots girl @ 09/05/2011 at 9:00 am

Gerry, looking rumpled and unshaven – like the ‘average joe’ on the street . . . but better . . . MUCH better! (Sexy Gerry!)

Wonder how he likes Malibu? He seems like he’s adopted the casual lifestyle fairly quickly. Except for the paps, I bet he’s lovin’ it!

Makes me want to move to Malibu . . . for the lifestyle I mean. eh hem*

Hola a todos,siempre hay que levantarse con energia y alegria,les dejo una bonita cancion de NEK, a bailar temprano….AMOR IMENSO,tu la dueña de todos mis besos,cuando tu te vas soy un desierto,yo que me burlaba del amor,y ya me vez ,y ya me vez.La vida es amanecer y despertar donde tu estes.Quedate aqui y abrazame,lo que me pidas yo te lo dare.En tu cuerpo se cumplen todos mis sueños,si estoy vivo es por ti .AMOR IMENSO yo no se contar cuanto te quiero,si te veo lejana siento miedo,es porque comprendo que sin ti no vivire.Desde que llegaste no hay nadie mas,porque te quiero tener una y otra vez,otra vez……..amorcito good morning…adios

trying to figure it out @ 09/05/2011 at 10:36 am

@bystander

trying to figure it out @ 09/05/2011 at 10:38 am

@bystander
Sorry, my post went off into Never-Never-Land.

I was going to say, the next set of photos will be Gerry out doing his grocery shopping. Why send a friend when he can get more publicity?

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/05/2011 at 10:38 am

@GFW: I wish there was a pic of him actually stuffing a slice into this mouth!

Girl with a cap @ 09/05/2011 at 11:05 am

I wonder why they omitted to post the pictures with the girl on the pizza run?

@Girl with a cap:

Nothing to do with him I suppose. Just a passer by.

why are all the articles saying Gerry at his “friend’s beach house”that’s the house he rented for the interview with the Dutch chick and clearly must be renting for the summer

Why do you idiots assume it’s with a girl maybe he is just having some guy time.maybe that is his friend and not a passerby. Get a life.

@Girl with a cap
I was wondering the same thing.Can anyone enlarge the Ramey Pix.
It looks like she is wearing the c*ck hat.
@Intrusive
I get the feeling that she was with him.

Girl with a cap @ 09/05/2011 at 11:46 am

@#.: You can see her walking behind him on one of the pics on Isopix. If she wasn’t with him and his friend, she wouldn’t have been next to them walking back to the car with the pizza after the street pic (Ramey).

It’s not that she might be with him or not that annoys me, it’s the fact that some sites seem to omit pics, or even crop out some people from group shots. I think my questionning is legitimate, even if it struck a nerve with @Liz !

Looks like Mel’s ex Oksana. Too scary to contemplate.

@Girl with a cap
Yes I think that she was with him.In a pic on another site she is standing by the car.I don’t know why some sites print all of the pics and other sites choose to leave some out.
Maybe Gerry asked for her pic not to be printed or something.He has done in the past.

don’t get so excited she could be the friend’s girlfriend and the paps figured that out and therefore wasn’t important to get her in the shot

It is not the c*ck hat.It is the Black&White cap Gerry was wearing a few threads back starbucks with Lolita.

I wondered how long it would be before someone starts trashing the poor girl just because she dare be with Gerry.
@hmmm hmmm
You can’t really tell from those 2 pics what she looks like.But from what I can see she looks a pretty girl.Not scary looking at all.She’s got a great figure.Not many people could wear that.

Who knows... @ 09/05/2011 at 12:38 pm

maybe she was his one night stand (wink)!!or like hmmm hmmm said , she could be the friends GF.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/05/2011 at 12:39 pm

No one should be getting uptight about the girl nor should anyone bash her. Remember the girl on the beach? She was wearing his white t shirt. This girl could be just a friend, she could be the GF of one of the guys or she could be one of G’s FWB. That black and white hat looked new maybe one of the guys got one too or maybe she asked to borrow it from G, who knows? Regardless, we all know Gerry is a private person when it comes to his relationships and it’s highly unlikely he’d be parading around his half-naked GF in Malibu with paps on every corner!

angelsrock @ 09/05/2011 at 12:48 pm

@hmmm hmmm:

Exactly why I don’t believe most of what is written on the gossip sites.

From what I see, the girl is with them , not some passerby . She could be a friend but we’ll probably never know.

@Who Knows
“like hmmm hmmm said she could be the friends GF”

hmm or she could be Gerry’s.

@Can’tGetEnough
“Gerry is a private person when it comes to his relationships and it’s highly unlikely that he would be parading around his half-naked GF in Malibu with paps on every corner”.

Gerry himself has said that he hides them in plain sight.Just sayin’.

hmmm hmmm @ 09/05/2011 at 1:35 pm

@#.: Oksana is a scary thought. You misunderstood.

St Patrick’s Day in September?

@lea
St.Patricks Day is 17th March.

Zimbio has posted more photo’s of the day at the beach on Saturday. The same girl is there. She is in the car.

hmmm hmmm @ 09/05/2011 at 1:46 pm

@lea: I got the joke lea.

hmmm hmmm @ 09/05/2011 at 1:50 pm

@?.: You don’t know that is the same girl. Not all of Gerry’s friends can be gay, some of them must have girlfriends. After all they don’t need to hide theirs.

Please findout who this girl is for me I know all of you out there want to know.please send this photo to ebueno862@gmail.com.

@liz
I don’t mean to be rude but it is nobodys business who the girl is. Why are you so interested?.Just let them be.
@hmmm hmmm
I also think it is the same girl.
=
Those surfing pics on zimbio are the first ones i’ve seen of Gerry standing up and not falling off.All of this practice must be paying off.

hmmm hmmm @ 09/05/2011 at 2:07 pm

You got better eyes than me. Like most blondes in Malibu look alike so do the brunettes. Half of Gerry’s male friends all look alike. Weird. Except baldy that’s one of the MGP producer dudes.

Be cautious JJer’s! #. and ?. is you know who. She is trying to get everyone riled up about the brunette girl. If you notice all the posts by #. and ?. they are persistent about the girl. Same person using different monikers. Best to ignore and not respond.

@45
I don’t know what you mean.This is my first time posting on this thread.Who am I meant to be?.I have answered posts that have been directed at me and just said that people shouldn’t trash her just because she was with Gerry.Other people @liz,@Me2,@Can’tGetEnough@?@who knows and @hmmm hmmm are mentioning the girl also it is not just me.

redOctober @ 09/05/2011 at 2:39 pm

Not the best quality photo but I like this poster

@redOctober
Love that poster pic .Thanks for posting.
Can’t wait to see it on Sunday.
I hope MGP does really well for Gerry.
It’s about time that he gets some recognition for his work.

redOctober @ 09/05/2011 at 3:04 pm

@#.:

You’re welcome . I hope the movie does well for all involved, specially the children’s cause. I’d like to see the movie too, but I have no idea when or if it’ll be released in my country.

@19 CantGetEnough, LOL I’m not too sure I could handle watching Gerry actually eat the pizza. He’s a very erotic mouth. Serious as cancer I am. Unless of course I’m across the table and he’s sharing it, and a good long Tall Tale, with me… while I watching him chew! :o)
~K

he got old so fast?! I used to love the movies he was in.. now I have no idea in which movies he’s been in lately.. ? what happened

Today is Freddie for a Day, another great Brit !

please help raise awareness against HIV/AIDS

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 4:16 pm

@Aenneken:

We almost had that! He was caught leaving a portable toilet on the set of TUT.

There are a bunch of witty people here today.

Buttercup @ 09/05/2011 at 4:17 pm

I think Gerry is worse than them middle east men who hide their women!! And please its not about protecting her or what fans on the net think! Gerry has always done things that makes him happy if he was serious about any one of them he would bring her out and be proud and normal.

And if does have a GF he hides then thats just plain dumb and no decent, intelligent woman would put up with that! He flirts and makes out with randoms and travels the world and events she would have to have a really big heart to put up with that. Im not saying she hog the limelight but make an appearance with him occasionally! I personally think he has lots of FWB and if he comes open with one it will p!ss the rest off and he doesnt want that he himself said he loves them all and variety dont think he cant stick to just one or maybe he needs keep going through many to fine the ‘ONE’ lol

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 4:20 pm

@legends:

Will it surprise anyone if he buys a home there soon?

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 4:27 pm

@?.:

Did actually ever say that? I have heard him say while people are gossiping about him with women he’s been “linked to” by the press, he’s been in a few relationships people didn’t find out about. I don’t know about hiding them in plain site. But here we go again, speculating about a female person he’s seen in a pap picture with.

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 4:43 pm

@Girl with a cap:

Some sites don’t want his personal life discussed per his request or so they say. Some did show Laurie with him which means he was OK with it. She must have been a serious contender. But I think it’s up to the site administrators to decide ultimately. Some don’t mind a conversation about his ladies/dates/hookups but others feel it’s an invasion of his privacy.

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 4:47 pm

@ Buttercup
W’ve been over that ground before. No, most of us here agree no self-respecting woman would put up with being a hidden GV. Even Clooney openly acknowledges GFs.
I’d say the evidence is against him having a longterm relationship going on.

@redO

I add my thanks for that poster. You don’t know when or give MCP will show in your country? I can’t resist asking what country you live in. (you don’t need to answer of course.) Maybe you’ve said in the past and I forgot, but somehow I’ve thought you were in USA. I don’t know when it will show where I live either (Hawaii). We don’t get everything here, as I’ve said on a previous thread. We had one art theater and that’s gone now. Maybe we’ll get MGP, less likely Coriolanus. The only reason “The Tempest” played here was that it was filmed in Hawaii, and it ran for 2 nights at the Hawaii Film Festival and maybe a week in a regular theater, not one of the big ones. It’s too bad–we miss a lot of good films–but I suppose the population here doesn’t support the ones that aren’t guaranteed moneymakers.

btw, I keep looking with disbelief at recent photos of Gerard Depardieu like the one posted above. So overweight! He was considered quite a hunk years ago although I never found him handsome myself. How do these stars let themselves go like this?

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 4:54 pm

@curious cat:

He already has one in Los Feliz and I think after he no longer needs the one he’s renting, he’ll be gone from there. Too many paps around for every day living. He’s better off up in the hills away from it all. Besides he’s made enough friends there now he can make a pest of himself visiting them. LOL!
But speaking of that, I wonder if he he is going to look for another apartment in NYC again? I had heard that the lovely loft he has now was fine up until they built a highrise blocking his view of the Hudson. He was looking at bigger ones there for a while but nothing floated his boat I guess. I know he likes to bring family over and he could use the space rather then put them up in a hotel. I’m bored today.

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 4:55 pm

Oops! Sorry for all the typos. I wish JJ had a preview feature as some sites do, so you can edit what you wrote. But we all do it, writing quick and dirty, and I usually don’t bother to correct because I figure peeps know what I mean.

Of course I meant GF not GV and don’t want to speculate on what a GV might be. Let’s not GO there. :) I meant sight not site, and “when and if” etc.

Happy Labor Day, even if it’s not celebrated where you live. For those who may not know it’s a U.S. holiday to celebrate and honor the contributions of the working people, who get NOT to work today.

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 5:01 pm

@Beware:

I think you’re right. Same MO.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/05/2011 at 5:01 pm

@curious cat: Happy Labor Day to you too Cat, and thanks for the chuckle over the GV. I knew you meant GF, but I sat there wondering how many weird and nasty things we could come up with as to what GV stood for! =)

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 5:03 pm

Drat it! I’ve just been made a liar! The garbage truck just went by picking up trash. They have to WORK today! Bummer. Well, there are exceptions. Fire and police and hospitals and other essential services have to function. But most people have the day off.

I didn’t put out my bin. But I am an avid recycler and had two little grocery store bags of trash. So at least I saved the guys one pickup.

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 5:07 pm

@Can’tGetEnough:

Somebody thumbed me down for my oops though. Go figgah as they say here, what offends people. :)

redOctober @ 09/05/2011 at 5:16 pm

@curious cat:

No problem answering to that ; ) . I’m from Argentina, from the capital city to be exact. And I have no idea when or if we’ll get to see Coriolanus or MGP. Movies usually premier here at the same time with the rest of the world, the blockbuster ones or those expected to be. So far we’ve got all of Gerry movies including Shattered. We’ll see.

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 5:28 pm

@curious cat:

Yes I noticed the truck and the guy staring down in to my empty bin this morning. I thought they would pick up tomorrow. Now my trash will sit there a week.
Question, why did my post get a thumbs down for talking about Gerry’s abodes? There’s some strange birds flying over this place! LOL!
@#.: @?.:

It’s true every one of your posts makes some inference to a GF or some strange girl in a pic. And as far as I can see, no one has dissed any girl he’s with. What’s your problem? I would think you’d have given this crusade of yours up by now as a lost cause! No one is going to go bonkers over any gf here.
Unless you’re purpose is just bent on irritating people, why don’t you drop it about the mystery girls or GF and just post about the topic at hand! The dude was snogging Brandi Glanville at a party a few nights ago per her. I’m doubting any long term GF exists so give it up!
Butler likes to talk trash. He doesn’t hide any real GF. He might hide his casual hook ups or dates but not anyone serious. And I will wager you, if and when he gets a serious one, we will see her! Trust me! Jeannia Robinette…serious. Laurie C. ….serious. Why? Because we saw them in pics with him. In the meantime, who gives a rusty fck! LOL!

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 5:33 pm

@redOctober:

One of the producers of MGP says that it is out in limited release first to see how it does. She said many movies are released this way. Then it will go out in a wider market. Be patient. My money’s on that it will be out before Christmas!

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 5:38 pm

@curious cat:

As regards to the “other” Gerard, I used to think he was sexy too. Even though he wasn’t what you’d call handsome, he had a sweet charm to him. He was a big doofus of a guy, all man, but seemed sweet and gentle. Did you see him in “Greencard”? I think unfortunately though some people don’t age well. If he lost a bit of weight perhaps it would benefit him. He’s seems more pudgy now rather then just a big guy. You can get away with pudgy if you have a pretty face or you can get away with an ugly face with a good bod but you’re sunk if you don’t have a pretty face and you’re a pudgkin! LOL!

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 5:41 pm

@Iz:

I miss Freddy! One of the all time great bands, Queen! But he didn’t have to die. I heard that he denied his illness until it was too far gone to treat. That’s too bad. There will never be another like him!

redOctober @ 09/05/2011 at 5:42 pm

@Earlyautumn’s Eve:

I’m sure both movies will arrive here in a few months. Around Christmas and New Year when we are in the middle of Summer vacation , it’s the time for the new movies.

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 5:48 pm

@redOctober:

Yes, I agree. I think they test the waters to see what else is coming out when so as not to have too much competition and/or the same genre films coming out at the same time. I’m sure it’s all a well thought out strategy on their part….whoever THEY are! LOL!

Be prepared for his uninhibited emotional intelligence on the Machine Gun Preacher junket. The emergence of a new kind of leading man.
An intuitive actor with and life-lived intellectual intensity garnered by mixed emotions. He has a lot to give. Fantasy and fear.
His sense of emotional optimism will be infectious. Allow yourself to witness a man, whose an actor, whose taken flight to inspire the best part of you to come out. He knows what and who he is. Self-aware like no other man. Gerry’s upcoming impact will be powerful. His emotional force will be felt. He’ll hit you head-on in the solar plexus.

redOctober @ 09/05/2011 at 6:27 pm

@Earlyautumn’s Eve:

You’re right . It’s all about what other films will be released at the same time and if THEY are ready to risk money with a controversial movie (MGP) or a Shakespeare one like Coriolanus.

@Beware:
You’re exactly right!
You’ll also notice that #. and ?. have the formatting “tell” that gives her away.

It isn’t like he has a sly soft talking appeal but he’s know for his message movies.
He’s an actor (and ) a man whose feeling he’s making films who’ll make the world a better place.
~K
who thinks Gerry might feel like a Hollywood foster child but one whose earned its respect, and respect is BIG in The Business

Hollywood Leaks @ 09/05/2011 at 6:51 pm

@curious cat: Bragging about hiding your girlfriends in plain sight rather fuels the speculation does it not so once again Mr. Butler is often the author of his own fate. Like moving to Paparazzi- ville. He must enjoy the games to hide all the women. Must be part of the turn on. Or he’s prepping for possible roles as CIA or FBI agents.

Hollywood Leaks @ 09/05/2011 at 6:53 pm

Yup, and she left with him, too.@from WO:
Yup, and after they said goodbye to G. and a friend, she left with the surf-instructor-dude.

AmICynical? @ 09/05/2011 at 7:27 pm

Enough already…the work should speak for itself without this celebrity hubbub (good usage of Scots Gaelic don’t ya think?). Toodles!

I have a question. With the passing of the author of the Bricklayer, Noah Boyd, will this have any effect on the making of the movie? He probably would have been involved as a consultant, in helping write the screenplay.

Intrusive @ 09/05/2011 at 9:18 pm

@Earlyautumn’s Eve:

” The dude was snogging Brandi Glanville at a party a few nights ago per her”

Why do believe Brandi Glanville? Because a “source” said so? What proof is that?

@lolita:

No, I don’t think it will have any undue effect.

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 9:21 pm

@redOctober:

RedO, actually, I realize I did know you live in Argentina. It even flittered across my feeble brain briefl when I posted that query, is she the one from Argentina? Or the one from Romania? I must have confused you with someone else because I had started thinking you were from the U.S. west coast. I think it’s probably because you seem so knowledgable about the film industry and provide good links.

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 9:52 pm

@Hollywood Leaks:

LOL. Prepping for roles as FBI or CIA agents! Or Pinkerton perhaps?

But to me it’s pointless to speculate about all this since for whatever reason he doesn’t choose to share that part of his life with the public. It could be a lot less interesting than his career anyway.

curious cat @ 09/05/2011 at 9:53 pm

@Hollywood Leaks:

LOL. Prepping for roles as FBI or CIA agents! Or Pinkerton perhaps?

I still doubt he’s deliberately “hiding a GF in plain sight.” for all the reasons people keep saying. I do think he may be willing to let gossip swirl about co-stars like Aniston or Biel, women he has to be seen with anyway, while not going with real “persons of interest” to the pap-infested areas. Not to mention that on set romances or perceptions of them promote the films.

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/05/2011 at 10:24 pm

@GFW:

who thinks someone just likes to hear their own blather! LOL!

@Hollywood Leaks:

I never heard him make that comment but I think he says stuff like that just to mess with the paps. In other words he’s fooling them right under their noses. I don’t think it has anything to do with hiding anyone from fans.

@lolita:

You know I was thinking about this the other day. I had ordered this book along with another one. I got the one book but haven’t received The Bricklayer yet. Very strange. Then the author dies suddenly. Wasn’t this book written under a pen name and wasn’t this guy sort of telling some things on the FBI and weren’t those those things the reason he left them? Wasn’t he fired or did he quit because he didn’t agree with something they were doing?
Now the rights have been bought up to turn in to a film. The story out there for all the world to see on the big screen. The author, the ex FBI agent, dies suddenly supposedly of pneumonia. He wasn’t that old to die of something like that! Very odd.
Now what’s next for the film and it’s makers? Should they proceed on to tell his story? Will they be taking any risks themselves? It all sounds like a thriller story in itself!

@Earlyautumn’s Eve: that sounds like a book in itself! What a weird string of events.

curious cat @ 09/06/2011 at 12:41 am

Sorry for the double post folks. Computer was acting weird. Seemed to post before I was finished writing, then it seemed not to have posted at all…TWICE.

@ Eve. Probably right. Messing with the paps –and the press–to throw them off.
And that Bricklayer story does sound weird.

Remember when Britney Spears used to go for five Starbucks runs each day to keep the paparazzi enticed?

Someone text me the moment he shows up at a salon and starts shaving his head.

@Earlyautumn’s Eve: Eve, Paul Lindsay was his real name, he wrote under Noah Boyd. I found the book in Barnes and Noble on the discount table. It was sad to hear he passed so suddenly. I didn’t know if all the legal things were worked out about the book becoming a movie that his death would effect. I think the movie would be a great legacy for his books. He did lead a very exciting life.
Did you see on THR that they are listing MGP and the actors in it as possible canidates for oscar nods. They seem to be pushing Pitt, Leo and Clooney again as front runners. What a bunch of horse hockey.
HW won’t stop until Pitt gets his oscar whether he deserves it or not.
Some of their movies have been good and some not so good, the same applies to Gerry. He almost ruined his career by being in TBH with JA.
I think that is when HW kind of turned away from him. He worked so hard in MGP and Coriolanus to give good performances to show the world he has the talent for better parts. Now they are only showing them in limited areas. I hope MGP kicks butt at all the showings it has and at TIFF to get the word out and more movie houses pick it up.

Sorry for being so long winded, took a vacation day today and when I read the THR report about what movies they are pushing for oscar nods this year and pushing Gerry’s as a possible chance I guess I got a little aggravated. I know some of his past movies haven’t been stellar roles but his two new ones are. He deserves more than a possiblity of a chance IMO.

Don’t be so jealous EarlyHereTooMuchEve!! I’m interesting at least! :o)
And that’s known for movies with messages.
Movies don’t exist in a vacuum. They exist in conjunction with an audience.
I’m so proud of my lug. Not like a mom but partner of the heart. Too bad about Coriolanus being rolled back because that series of interviews would be massive interesting! But also draining so F.E.A.R. and he’ll have two films out for next year.
He interviews well with mature males. They seem to tap into better questions.
I think the power is shifting in Hollywood and that Gerry is on the crest of that wave.
He’s rejected the Hollywood glossy image with confused amusement. Gerry has an outsiders ambition.
He’ll use carefully grounded language. This is a serious film and (beaming ear to ear) we’ll finally get to see that side of him again. Law Abiding Citizen and 300 brought that out in him and parts when he spoke from his heart about PS, I Love You and even The Ugly Truth (swooning) [read: I cherish the other side of him many aren't aware of from his carefully crafted "happy go lucky" and "ladies man" posturing images]
So many of his fans are attracted to the goofy funny guy. While that’s a part of him, it isn’t the soul of him. He’s more than his sloppy gait.
Take his photos we see (here). What all do we see? A serious man who takes life and living very seriously. Now, granted most of the gossip pictures are invasive. I only used one from the sunny deck. The others speak louder than words. I felt bad looking at them. A few others too. But that’s how it is out there and he’s in this place where a lot of “stars” are seen. He could be invisible if he wished. I like to think he (and I say this there) wants a certain few (me) to keep tabs on him. His emotional health.
We can be swallowed whole by attempts at love, disappear, reemerge as a different human being, ourselves but not quite who we were before. And while once swallowed, he’s now reemerged a different man all the wiser for wising up.
~K

@GFW: You are not interesting at all. You only repeat what other poster have stated. You claim to be a writer, but you are very unoriginal. You totter on the edge of plagiarism.

cubedweller @ 09/06/2011 at 10:04 am

@oy: “Someone text me the moment he shows up at a salon and starts shaving his head.”
I think after the surfer movie he should donate his hair to Locks of Love. It should be long enough then. However, I don’t know if they accept hair that’s been dyed every color known to Clairol. It might be toxic.

Posts are being deleted again

cubedweller @ 09/06/2011 at 10:20 am

Possible topics for next Butler thread:
- Gerard Butler Scratches His Ear
- Gerard Butler Looks Bored
- Gerard Butler’s Dog Glares at Photogs
- Gerard Butler Ejected from Starbucks for No Shirt
- Gerard Butler Shirtless – Gets Pizza Sauce in Chest Hair
- Gerard Butler’s Nips Rebel – Ask for Coverage
Discuss, and Happy Tuesday, JJrs!

Dear coat-turning LLL,
One word: SkipOverMe :oD
~K

PS, I don’t read posters here for the most part. I’m a drive-by poster then split straightaway.
Seeing the same people (like you) here day in and out, night in and out, just depresses me.
The drive-by posting could be the reason for what you state? But whatever, just skip me. My aim is true.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/06/2011 at 11:07 am

I enjoy mostly everyone’s posts here. GFW, Eve, Maggie, Curious Cat, Cube, Lolita, LLL, Manny, Appilonia, and others—-you all add a little something to the thread, that’s what it’s all about. Why be mean to each other? It’s not necessary. The only thing that causes difficulty on here is when the “problem child” shows up to try and taunt, or when people come on here to bash GB. Again, not necessary, but you can’t keep them away. Sometimes, it’s just about respecting each other’s ideas and opinions and agreeing to disagree once in awhile.

Enjoy the day JJer’s!!

@GFW: You said you were leaving this board, you don’t speak the truth?

@cubedweller
One word – Brilliant!
However, I think the next thread might be an airport one.Gerry is supposed to be in Chicago tomorrow – 7th Sept – on the Windy City Live TV show @9am. Then I think he would be heading to TIFF for the APJ event with Paul Haggis on the 9th.
Hoping for some nice airport pics.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/06/2011 at 11:18 am

@cubedweller: Hilarious!! You might not be that far off with some of those!!

When GErard wanted takeout after hanging with friends, what would he do to mix it up? That girl is so his type. If I wanted to get my pizza and bring my gf, I would tell her to go and stand and sit next to my friend in public. He must do these tactics often in public. Speculate away people.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/06/2011 at 11:25 am

@Scarlett: Yes, Gerry is going to TFF.GERRY JUICE PLEASE, LOL,,,,Just love Gerry. He will be flying, yea, MORE PICS PLEASE,LOL Appionona G. MontiNegro

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/06/2011 at 11:29 am

@Appilonia G. MontiNegro: Just what we needed this morning! Cheer on Appilonia!! Bring on the Gerry Juice! LOL

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/06/2011 at 11:41 am

OK, GFW & All you JJer’s…I was on another thread and thumbs down,LOL, GEE, Hey, back on the JJ Board, “GREAT PICS OF GERRY”! Gerry is such a STUD MUFFIN, LOL,,,,,He has the sweetest face and expressions. Gerry when he was much younger and now, he just is so wonderful to look at and to listen to. I just love the way he is true to his self, I love his sense of being…Gerry truely holds Power & Presence anywhere he goes. All the Roar on the Board about the brown head girl on the other threads.,Gee they get mad at him if he hooks up and mad at him if it doesn’t work out, lol, Its all a game, who has alot of players, It’s called making a quilt” PATCH , PATCH PATCH, LOL….Gerry when he finds the one that he could love, well she will not be in the closet, she will be on his arm, 24/7 ..Gerry is a love person all round, he is a professional business man and a great Actor. Gerrys personal goings on is just that. And the most important thing of all, LOL, is that Gerry is HIS OWN best marketing tool! He’s just the best!..lol,ok, Gerry I know you know that already, he heheh,,,,,lol. All the other stuff well, it is what it is. lol, I just love him all the more for being so human. He is a man with a wonderful pure young mans heart!. Just wonderful GERRY, NEVER CHANGE! LOL, Gerry is a sweetie and for years the people that work around him, usually become friends, GERRY IS A KEEPER, he is a good friend and all round nice guy. Alot of PR coming are way, MGP Preacher in a couple of days, and yea I just cant wait, lol, just love to watch Gerry work….I just found out that MGP will not be coming here were I live so I will have to wait for the DVD…THEN IT IS A GERRY PARTY, LOL,,,,,,Looks like Gerry had a great weekend with friends and he looks great as well.
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/06/2011 at 11:52 am

@Can’tGetEnough: THUMBS DOWN AGAIN! WHATS UP JJ….I am going to make a t shirt, with green thumbs running away from red thumbs. ooops Sorry Appi

cubedweller @ 09/06/2011 at 11:55 am

@Scarlett: He better bring a shirt (or 3) to Chicago, and leave the flipflops at home – temps dropping into the 40s here tonight.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/06/2011 at 12:04 pm

@Appilonia G. MontiNegro: I gave you a thumbs up which cancelled the thumbs down. LOL Always a thumbs up from me! =) Have a great day Appilonia!!

@102, hmmm hmmm,
I did say that but I changed my mind! I want to talk about Gerry’s career right now. Never know whose reading! [read: not him]
Who he’s sleeping with, since is isn’t me, doesn’t concern me like it does most here. He’s never celibate for long. It’s got to be someone.
And “she who is still here reborn with another log-on” is a trouble-maker and got me to perform a few weeks ago. But, I was right. I’ll leave it at that. F.E.A.R. (for everything a reason) plus everything is preparation anyways! :o)
@101, CantGetEnough, thanks. Frankly, I’m having issues with a reader whose terribly negative (subconscious possibly) who drains us. I find that here but try to be, even when I’m not, interesting. I’ve a different vibe or slant, I know it. I’m terribly hard to get. I leave out words or there are too many, and let us not even mention my typos. But I’m usually, like now, just driving by. So I guess this (me quoting means I do occasionally read–but if directed at me).
~K

“If I wanted to get my pizza and bring my gf, I would tell her to go and stand and sit next to my friend in public. He must do these tactics often in public. ”
Then she is NOT a girlfriend of potential (if you ask me). She knows that so agrees. Plus it is fodder for the likes of you. Someone it will never be so you want speculation. His contracts agree to that. He (I think) might have women he cares for (who may or may not be potential) he does not want upset by sightings? It’s protection for them, not the contract.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/06/2011 at 12:17 pm

@GFW: How come I checked thumbs up and it gave you a -1? I think something is wrong. Now I have all thumbs down, oh, well, have a great day. JUST GOING TO WAIT AND SEE ABOUT GERRY! LOL…Appi

With enough thumbs down you can get my Post #94 hidden. Keep it up! LOL Do it for all of them you jealous prigs. I don’t care! LOL
~K
going back where her words really matter :o)

@114, People counter it with a thumbs down! LOL Their malcontents. Unhappy folks who want to get a reaction! Don’t let the thumbs bother you! They f’n with your mind, or tryin’ too! *giggles* Remember we have lurkers here too. Can’t wait to see Gerry out of his cargo shorts and pants (blushing) [wicked grin] and his dress clothes (beaming) because he’s an interview soon!! Love his words. He can string them together like no one else I’ve ever heard. Tight as a chicken-butt!
~K

Still despite how good looking or talented he is i would never like a biyfriend like tht who plays games and tactics to hide you! if a guy celeb really cared for you he would not hide you or disregard you while he enjoys his fun in the public eye

@ Turning: I’m going to take a gander here and say…..I think Mr. Butler’s “type” is ******. Sorry for the vulgarity.

Haha, the word got blocked out. Okay, I will give you a hint. The word starts with a V and ends with an A. :-)

@Tina:

Lol tht sounds just his type im sure hes got so many stories to tell his grandchildren lol just for fun would love to know his grand total

Sorry, Tina, he’s not that base. But his reputation is his own making!
His body is back and stronger than ever. His mind too, which is more important. I used to call him a “madman”. I no longer do. F.E.A.R. (for everything a reason) I can’t. He isn’t any longer.
Gerry needs to keep paying special attention to his immune system. He rarely gets ill like he used to! Whatever he’s doing, keep it up, but it is time ease in some carbs. Yummy pizza was a great idea. Carbs calm him down. Now he knows how to omitting them works so maybe he can put on a little softness again?
Please, and thank you. :o)

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/06/2011 at 1:40 pm

@Tina:

A “Vega”? Isn’t that a car they don’t make any more? LOL!

@LLL:

Thank you! You noticed that too? I thought she was just repeating things I said! LOL! The funniest part is how she thinks people’s dislike for her is jealousy! Of what? Her incoherent rants? The only time you can understand what she says is when she does repeat what someone else has said! I’m beginning to think English is not her first language!

Dear AllAboutEve,
One word: SkipOverMe :oD
~K

@Earlyautumn’s Eve: Yes! How did you know??!

@ ellie: You did What/Who Grandpa??!!”. Not to sound Motherly (seeing as I am younger than him, not sure how that could be… anyhow) maybe he should stop with the randoms and find a good woman (no, not me) and get started so that he isn’t having children in his 70′s like Charlie Chaplin. This is of course, if he wants that in his life. I’m none the wiser on that.

Ursecretfan @ 09/06/2011 at 2:06 pm

@GFW:

Really i like ur posts and writing. Keep it up!
luv to read more of ur prose when I have time! Enlighening!
I’m always here lurking about.

@ GFW: I’m not at all for insulting and you have every right to your opinion and to write on this site just like everyone else. But do you know Gerard Butler? If not, you make yourself sound….well…like you need a new hobby. That is all. Okay, going back to the Fassbender thread really fast, then back to work!

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/06/2011 at 2:09 pm

@Tina:

Just a wild guess! LOL!

Wondering @ 09/06/2011 at 2:09 pm

Do we have posters talking to themselves again?

@127, That won’t sit well here! But thanks! That is if you’re not a sock. If so, thanks anyways! I’m well know in GerryLa-La-Land, but not well liked. I am myself.
With that said, some soul food from my blog…
A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.
-Richard Bach

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/06/2011 at 2:16 pm

@Tina:

“But do you know Gerard Butler? If not, you make yourself sound….well…like you need a new hobby.”

No, she needs to take her own advice and “live her life”! Oh wait, this IS her life! LOL!

@Wondering:

Nah, just the ghosts of spirits past!

@Ursecretfan:

Really? I’m so …………JEALOUS! LMFAO!

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/06/2011 at 2:20 pm

OMG! A first! She just gave credit to the original author! LOL!

@130… all day and all night, week in, week out! Sad, huh? Their socks have socks!
@132… sorry lady, YOU’RE here (read the above) not me! Sad :~~o(
~K
who thinks here goes another try to speak to his work goes down the JJ drain… [read: new photo Gerry so we can have a new thread??] Cheers!

Gerry is definitely Chicago bound.
He is also doing an interview on WGN-TV @7:45 am.
Must be going to get some airport pics soon and maybe a new thread.

Need to say (again) I saw the trailer for Machine Gun Preacher before The Hedgehog this weekend–which was an excellent French film by the way and I highly recommend it.
The MGP trailer really packs a wallop on the big screen. So does his presence! It makes all the difference too! Now to hear (and see) his interviews as he deals with this emotional topic. Can’t wait to see it! Go-Gerry-Go. He has the go in the go for it! Let those eyes well up, who cares!

@GFW
I can’t wait to see MGP either but it isn’t released in the UK until November.I have just read the book that the movie is based on.
It looks like Gerry is doing two TV interviews in Chicago tomorrow.Some of the ladies on the Wierdly obsessive Gerard Butler site are going to tape them.Might catch them there.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/06/2011 at 3:27 pm

Yes, look at the Gerard Butler Gals Facebook page, there is a link to lodge onto tomorrow, live stream! 9a.m. to 10.00 am. We will be able to see Gerry! Yeppy …. Appi

@Scarlett #137, No worries. November will be here before you know it! Hope he goes over there for the UK premiere! I have a reader whose been to nearly all of his, in the USA. I suspect she’ll be at the California one… if he does NYC… I might take the trip up and spy on him. Shhh, tell no one. ;o) I’m actually hoping he comes this way for to get some research done on the FBI. He’s going to rock as Steve Vail. I’m laughing so much with his one-liners back to Kate. Now WHO is going to play her? They must have chemistry, m.u.s.t.
The link was/is here. 2? Wow, excellent! I yanked it for my blog… maybe I can listen here from work? Now, back to work!!

curious cat @ 09/06/2011 at 4:32 pm

ON a previous thread someone, I forget who, mentioned that The Hollywood Reporter listed MGP as a contender for Oscar nomination. I think it was Hollywood Reporter unless THR stands for something else.

I went to the Reporter website and saw saw no mention of MGP but George Clooney’s new film, “The Descendants” was mentioned. And another article, which I’ll try to post said it had great response at Telleride Festival.

The film is based on a novel by a Hawaii writer, Kaui Hart Hemmings. I’m not sure, I forget, but it may be her first novel. But what a triumph for the author to land Clooney as the star and have all this buzz about the film. Lucky lady.

I’m trying post the link. http://www.examiner.com/movie-locations-travel-in-national/hawaii-clooney-and-the-descendants-wow-telluride-crowd.

That said, I hope response is as good for MGP. It sounds as though it’s up against some real competition. And one can’t discount politics in all this.

@Scarlett: Gerry is just as likely to be doing the interviews in HW. It’s a piece of cake to use a satellite feed. I would think G would only be in Chicago if he has other business there.

curious cat @ 09/06/2011 at 4:33 pm

Oops, forgot add, can anyone steer me to the article on MGP mentioned? Link?

Can’t wait to see A Dangerous Method. BIG Fassbender supporter. He and James made X-Men-First Class (first class) watchable. Shame looks really good too. He’s finally, after Jane Eyre (which is excellent in), he’s getting some exposure.
Yeah, it’s a stretch for George playing a dad. Annoying scene seeing him running to neighbors house. But I’ll see it anyways. Ides of March looks WAY better, but then I adore Ryan Gosling. Drive, his film looks interesting. Lots of good films coming out. Yes, competition is stiff for Machine Gun Preacher but the reviews are solid. That’s all that matters, well, as well as butts in seats. But this reaches out to a wider audience, the mature crowd. The ones with deep pockets and high intellects. Wise be Gerry.
No, studio interviews. No new pics, but sense he’s there already.

Hollywood Reporter @ 09/06/2011 at 5:09 pm

@curious cat:
Here’s the Hollywood Reporter article. Frankly it doesn’t say much for MGP’s chances. It lists almost every film being released in the next four months and then divides them into four categories in descending chances for awards: Frontrunners, Major Threats, Possibilities, and Still Seeking Distribution.
MGP is listed as only a “Possibility” in each section with multitudes of other films placed in the “Frontrunner” and “Major Threat” category ahead of MGP.

@PsychoB
According to tweets from the people interviewing him he is going to be live in the studio.

@PsychoB,
I’m pretty sure GB will be in Chicago. He’s scheduled to appear at one of Sam’s churches in the area, as well. There was also a twitter or fb from one of the news stations that seemed to indicate GB will be there in person. :-)

angelsrock @ 09/06/2011 at 5:41 pm

Just heard that Gerry will be on The View on Tue. Sept 13. Can anyone confirm?

angelsrock @ 09/06/2011 at 5:49 pm

Just saw this on Facebook:

I’m getting psyched about seeing this. I’m heading up to NYC on the 24th to see it with my hubby.

angelsrock @ 09/06/2011 at 5:50 pm

@Scarlett:

The link wouldn’t work for me, scarlett.

@angelsrock
Sorry I don’t know whats happened.The pic is on Weirdly Obsessive.It is of Gerry’s new advertising campaign of a wrist watch.

That’s pretty cool lookin’. Did he do that while in Germany tourin’ the plant with the watchmaker this spring?
~K
who hopes Gerry gets a part in The Game of Thrones because he does that time-period really, really well!

@Can’tGetEnough
Thanks for posting the right link to the pic.Gorgeous isn’t it? Very Macho.
I only just realised that I put nv instead of ny.It’s been a long shift.LOL.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/06/2011 at 6:07 pm

@Scarlett: You’re welcome! I noticed the error. We’ll forgive ya, but only this time!! LOL and yes, it’s a great pic!!! =)

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/06/2011 at 6:10 pm

Here’s another pic, hopefully this link will bring you right to it!

angelsrock @ 09/06/2011 at 6:41 pm

@Can’tGetEnough:

Thank you, CGE, and scarlett. Wow!

GB is already in Chicago. He’s at a pre-screening for MGP right now. Loads of tweets. There will be a Q&A after the screening.

hmmm hmmm @ 09/06/2011 at 7:43 pm

@Can’tGetEnough: He needs to wear that outfit to an event. hmmm hot.

angelsrock @ 09/06/2011 at 7:45 pm

@redOctober:

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one heck of a picture. The word VIRILE comes to mind.

The Dubuis photo ties in with the watch being promoted:
The Excalibur.

redOctober @ 09/06/2011 at 7:52 pm

@angelsrock:

Really a great photo *O*

Thx. WO. Good to know. The watch add is his new thinner look. I understand why, hand how and the need, but think he’s taken it a tad too far. But that’s just me. JustMeForHim. Maybe I’m not used to this (new) him? Liked the softer side of him, literally. His thinness in this ad resonates as hard as and precise as, well, as a … well tuned watch. The him (to me) he isn’t (but is working for all its… worth). Good for him. But I like the softer him, the him in him, then, that’s just me for me.

@from WO @161
What he’s there already?. No pics?. How did he manage that?.

@Scarlett:
LOL
He’s at the ShowPlace ICON Theatre in Chicago. It makes sense he went a day early because he has an interview very early tomorrow morning.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/06/2011 at 9:59 pm

New thread JJer’s!

@GFW: Sorry, I just now have time to reply. I am not sure what you mean by coat turning… ?? Maybe you can explain what you were implying. I am sorry if I let you down or hurt your feelings. I think Eve explained some of what I was feeling this morning. Very early morning for me…I am not use to being out of bed that early, but I had to be up, out and on the go, so while waiting on my ride I checked in on JJ. I do not post daily, and yes, there are days I read but do not post. I always do catch up on the threads when I have missed a few days. If that is considered lurking, I don’t mind if you label me a lurker…no big deal. I will never put you down for being Gerard Butler’s fan. A poster asked if you know Gerard Butler personally. It is certainly your right not to answer. But, I and others do know the answer (those that post and those that only read and do not post). I do appreciate when you do add ( ) around words to show its your thoughts and opinions. Your posts sometimes infers that you know everything Gerard wants, thinks, and you know his total make-up. Now that is just not true, is it? You are quick to call people jealous, I don’t understand why you do that at all. It comes off as being arrogant. So see why that gets irriating? You have sometimes repeated what other posters have stated as if it you are giving the information first hand. Example about the paps….you considered them stalkers. I made mentioned in few threads back it was the norm and to be expected in Malibu and Manny also reiterated that Malibu is a pap’s haven. Then you post “that is how it is there” as if you are right there, after over and over stating they invade Gerard Butler’s privacy. Maybe you don’t realize how many paps there are around. Eve also commented that you seem to repeat what she has posted also. That is why I made the “unoriginal” comment in my post. As for you calling me a turn coat or coat turning… If I agree with what is posted I either make a statement or give the thumps up. If I don’t agree, I do the opposite. I am not bias to anyone on the threads. So if I let you down on this one so be it. In the future if you make a statement that seems of benefit or I agree with you, I will post a statement or give you the thumps up. Once again I want to state, I will never put you or anyone else down for being Gerard’s fan….enjoy, enjoy, enjoy……

There are a lot of people on here socking! I have noticed that when certain people are away so are their socks. lmao at the foolishness!

curious cat @ 09/07/2011 at 1:09 am

@Hollywood Reporter:

Thank you for showing that. Very interesting. I need to see some of these films.

I will post this also on the new thread in case you don’t come back here.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/07/2011 at 9:03 am

@redOctober: Gerry is just wonderful looking. Thank you, I just love this! Appi

@LLL. I explained several times that, whether good or bad –and I did this on fan sites too which annoyed everyone calling me anti-social or one-track-minded), I don’t read people here. I zip in; zip out.
If by scrolling and scanning, I see something back to me, I’ll reply. So I suspect this explains why what I say could be similar to what others have stated before but (to me) they are original thoughts!
I don’t live here… at all. So many are here like all day; all night discussing this man. While I love him like cash, I think if I did this, he’d find it off-putting. Even as into himself as he is!
~K

@GFW: FYI People here ignore your posts too. LLL is right on.

OkayFine! [read: no they don't] ;o) I mean that’s why she spoke to me and asked me questions, right? She ignores my postings? LOL ;oP