Gerard Butler Tears Up Talking About 'Machine Gun Preacher'

Gerard Butler Tears Up Talking About 'Machine Gun Preacher'

Check out this new poster for Gerard Butler‘s upcoming movie Machine Gun Preacher!

The 41-year-old Scottish actor recently sat down with the L.A. Times and teared up while discussing the film.

“This happened to me a lot when we were filming. I would just be overcome. I feel every emotion. I haven’t talked much about this movie in a while, and I did the other day, and I just started crying. I cried for about five minutes,” he explained.

During filming, screenwriter Jason Keller met with Gerard for “marathon sessions to deconstruct each scene.”

“I think it was a great responsibility for Gerry to play the role of a guy who is alive, a guy who is as dynamic as Sam with a story that’s so incredible,” Jason told the LAT. “During the sessions, and even when we were filming, I saw him going deeper and deeper [into the role]. It was an incredible burden [for him].”

Bigger pic inside

gerard butler tears up talking machine gun preacher

• LeBron James has revealed the name of his unborn baby daughter- US Weekly
  • Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett are spotted on vacation together in Costa Rica- TMZ
  • Tony Dovolani will be returning to the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars- Gossip Cop
  • Claire Holt wants us to follow Grey Damon on Twitter - Just Jared Jr
  • Simpsons star Yeardley Smith will guest star on Revenge- Entertainment Weekly
  • Paramore does a powerful tribute for Robin Williams- Huffington Post
  • Who is Anna Kendrick dating?- Lainey Gossip
  • Film producer Peter McAlevey has died at the age of 58- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Laura Cremaschi shows off her assets in a bikini- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Gerry, I wish you great success on this movie and in life.

The world of film has mastered a lot in the last few decades. Today, independent film enjoys a cred that Hollywood never did. Love the colors used in this poster.
~K
who hopes MistyMills accepts the invite to join in discussions but is treated well if she chooses to

The ladies at WO have found some new stills from MGP and another small video showing a very touching scene when the kids see a playground built for them. I am really going to need a box of tissues when I see this movie. The simple things in life we take for granted are so awesome to some people of this world who have never seen such little things as a playground. God Bless you Sam.

Laws wouldn’t necessarily stop the aggression that comes rippling through this unsettling assault on these young children. Laws simply protect the vulnerable. Is there ever a way to stop the root psychological damage from these violent encounters on these innocents? Take nothing for granted. The only attitude that brings peace, comfort and joy is that of gratitude.
~K

SOUP CAN!!!!! HAHAHA OINK OINK!!!!! HAHAHA BIG AL AND AND MACHINE KELLY SEND THEIR BEST FROM HELL!!!!! HAHA KELLY LIKES NAPPY HAIR AND RICE BOWL SOUP!!!! HAHA OINK OINK OINK!!!!! HAHAHA

LOVE,
CHICKEN NOODLE POODLE SOUP CAN!!! HAHA OINK OINK OINK OINK!!!! HAHAHA

@lolita
I know what you mean.I worked out in Africa (help to build a school)during my gap year and spent most of my time crying.The woops of joy when I made them a paper airplane out of a little scrap of paper fit only for the bin.We do all take a lot for granted.
Hope this movie does really well,not only for Gerry but Sam and his charity too.

@Scarlett: What a wonderful thing you did, donating your time to improve someone else’s life. You can relate to this movie on a level that the rest of us will only get a glimpse of because of this movie. What a special memory you will always have, sad and uplifting at the same time.

GOING OLD BROAD(WAY) SOUP CAN TWO!!!!! HAHA

LOVE,
BLAME IT ON RIO!!!!??? HAHA THE SPELL OF LOVE CAST DOWN ON U!!!!! HAHAHAHA

curious cat @ 09/08/2011 at 7:45 pm

This film is sounding like a must see although I’m sure it won’t be easy to watch. If it could focus attention on the problems not only in Sudan but other troubled African countries and bring more aid to them, that would be more of an achievement than an Oscar.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/08/2011 at 7:45 pm

@Scarlett: Very nice to know that you did that Scarlett! I agree with Lolita, you’ll be able to connect with this movie on a much different level then the rest of us.

Glad to see a new thread tonight. Soooo much bickering on the previous one and no one got anywhere with it. I still read all of the posts and I still respect everyone’s opinion! Since none of us really know the facts pertaining to last night, I think we can drop the entire “No show at the church/Dancing with Miley” thing. None of it matters anyway. We were able to see Gerry in a couple of interviews yesterday and that was great!

Have a great night JJer’s!!

Wow. Someone stole my user name.

@Lolita: I have used this name since I started posting, a little over a year. Small lolita and in blue. We can share the moniker because yours is actually different.

love the new poster gerry lookls great cant wait to c the movie

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/08/2011 at 8:54 pm

This film is going to cause a lot of controversy as well as perhaps become the movie that gets a lot of attention at awards time. I hope Gerry is prepared for not only the praise and recognition he’s going to get but the backlash too.

curious cat @ 09/08/2011 at 9:12 pm

I skimmed the last 4 or 5 pages of the previous “Gerry at LAX” thread but this one was already up and I felt I had nothing to contribute to that discussion, which seemed to cover much ado about nothing with few real facts.

Do y’all know what a katydid is? A large green horned nocturnal grasshopper, called katydid in some parts of the USA, known in Britain I understand as a bush cricket.

At night the male katydid sings the mating song that gives the insect its name. With a whole bunch of them around, It’s an earsplitting choir that sounds like, “katydid, katydidn’t, katydid katy didn’t.” For hours.

That what’s the last thread began to sound like, Gerry did, Gerry didn’t, Gerry should, Gerry shouldn’t, Sam did, Gerry didn’t, Gerry did, Sam didnt, Gerry was with Miley, no she was with her boyfriend. She is 18, she shouldn’t be there. She’s a star, it’s her life. She should. He should. It’s his life. Thumbs up thumbs down. Who’s wearing a sock? Who’s jealous? Who needs meds? Munster is 200 miles from Chicago, no 30 miles. He could have made it, he couldn’t have made it.. He was booked, he wasn’t booked, It was his fault, it was Sam’s fault. he was supposed to there, he wasn’t. He had no commitment, he didn’t meet his commitment. Katydid katydidn’t katydid katydidn’t….

We are all entitled to our opinions, but…what were the facts? Just give me the facts, ma’am.

Do Gerry’s People read and analyze this stuff as a barometer of public opinion about him? I sure hope so. We are the A-Team. The Focus Group. OK, I ask, why is he always going to Starbucks, not the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf? Why Coke, not Pepsi? We need to know this. ASAP. What we need toute suite is an in-depth interview by Piers Morgan. He’ll investigate and sort it all out. :)

@curious cat:

I cracked up laughing at your post! Just the facts ma’am just the facts lmao

Chicago Tribune @ 09/08/2011 at 9:51 pm

@GFW:Your post contradicts yourself. You were correct in the first instance. Laws do not stop aggression or atrocities. Laws do not protect the vulnerable. Certainly not in places in the world that are lawless or run by corrupt genocidal governments. In essence, if we believe Mr. Childers, the LRA were government sponsored terrorists of the government of Sudan. Brute force only understands brute force but brute force can be a force for good if it is trying to eradicate evil and protect the vulnerable.

@curious cat: You’re f/king crazy!

@curious cat:
Unfortunately I don’t have the time to read through the other thread BUT please don’t tell me that Gerry’s trying to hook up with Miley Cyrus now. That would be too much even for Gerry. :( :(

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/08/2011 at 9:59 pm

@curious cat: I liked this so much I read it twice!!

Machine Gun Preacher? That’s an oxymoron if ever was.
Jesus of Nazareth was a passivised!

I have a question. The…umm…large woman in this picture http://gbgalsgallery.com/v/interviews/chimgp/WindyCityLive-4.jpg.html is it Moira aka Framo? Just curious ;)

@petite:
That is Frammie…

@curious cat:

Because Pepsi sucks. Everyone knows this.

@Manny:
OMG! That woman is everywhere, LOL. I wonder if she ever feels embarrassed about herself knowing that Gerry will see her all the time. I would friggin die of embarrassment because Gerry would think I was a stalker. I just don’t understand how her mind works. She’s a grown up woman not a crazy teenage fan. Weird that one.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All