Alexander Skarsgard: More 'Maisie' Filming!

Alexander Skarsgard: More 'Maisie' Filming!

Alexander Skarsgard heads back into his hotel after a day of filming What Maisie Knew on Thursday (September 8) in New York City.

The 35-year-old actor carried with him a copy of the novel The Good Soldiers by David Finkel for some reading during downtime!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Alexander Skarsgard

The day before, Alexander attended the BlackBook anniversary party – he is currently the mag’s cover guy!

In case you missed it, check out Alex and his co-star Kirsten Dunst in the Melancholia theatrical trailer.

alexander skarsgard back hotel 01
alexander skarsgard back hotel 02
alexander skarsgard back hotel 03

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Love this man. He is yummy!

He’s definitely eye candy.

ufff so hot! go alex!

Delicious!!!!!!!

Skarsgrd kiss JJ a$$ @ 09/09/2011 at 1:14 am

Skarsgard and Jared had s€x at blackbook anniversary party.
They really enjoy it and Jared delete negative comments about Skarsgard

He looks great!

Beautiful, talented man.

He’s such a good guy and took pictures with everyone last night. Looks great as always.

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/09/2011 at 1:35 am

@Skarsgrd kiss JJ a$$:

Wow, JJ and Askars are a new item. They do look really hot together. Sarah Tun, Amanda Segfreid, and Kate Bosworth have nothing on JJ. I hope it lasts. : p

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/09/2011 at 1:37 am

@lily:

That’s not a very positive comment. I hope JJ deletes you’re comment. You are being a Debbie Downer.

He looks fab. Please..the man is delicious.

What a nice way to start the day! He looks like he had a long day of filming though.

@Roby: You’ve chosen rather an odd place to out yourself, but hey! Baby steps, soon you can tell your loved ones too.

Hate blog just jared @ 09/09/2011 at 4:01 am

JJ KISS with black Woman and Man

@Roby: we know he looks old but not crazy just cool and lovely.

why insult. really people here too bad

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/09/2011 at 5:07 am

@Canuck:
And you should know. ; )

He looks lovely – i kinda in love with his shorts. The books seems interesting – had it on my wishlist – did it anybody read here?

@Anni: I suppose I’ll read it eventually. But after reading Black Hearts by Jim Frederick I need a break from reading about the Iraq War. Except for GK, of course.
The shorts are growing on me, they look comfy.

@ladybug: bet those come from Europe.

What a great way to start the day! Yum!

Love him all sweaty and in those shorts. He looks good in everything!

i just cant stop watching these pics …. hes so beautiful

My comment was gold, so:
- looking old and sick
- GREASEBALL (LOL)
- Potato nose
I have the feeling that he smells a mix of snus, beer, sweat and dirty clothes. and someone said “a lot of jiz”

@Natalie:

I’ve actually hugged him once and he smells really nice, a faint air of a cologne, very fresh…

Man his hair is getting so long. No wonder he doesn’t know what to do with it. LOL! I wonder if he has to grow it out for some other role. BTW, I’ll scoop JJ and post Alex’s cover of Men’s Journal. So hot!

@Lovely: Aww, that’s nice that he doesn’t mind hugging his fans :)

I never get what the hell potato nose is supposed to mean. Seriously WTF is that? It’s sounds retarded.

@Camille: I just dont understand what they are talking about

@Camille: In a few weeks, maybe you’ll be posting one of you! Don’t forget my sign ;)))

@Canuck:
OMG, I’m going with my mom and she’s not one to wait around for that stuff but maybe I can convince her though she’ll probably be totally embarassing.

@lily:
You’re not the only one.

Mmmmmmmmm…I am in love! :-)

@Camille: Good luck, Camille! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Maybe, after meeting him, you’ll get to say: “Mmmmm, such a strange sensation when reality matches what you’ve pictured in your mind so precisely”. Hope your mom is a sport about it.

@Mia:
Thanks! I’ll try but my mom is really stubborn when it comes to that stuff. She’s not one to yeild to the needs of others so easily. Sigh!

@Camille: Make her watch True Blood first, she’ll be nagging you to come with her to get a photo and autograph ;)))

Here’s an exerpt from his interview with Men’s Journal:

Alexander Skarsgård is featured in the October 2011 issue of Men’s Journal.

He talks his experience with the Swedish Navy:

“Usually we’d be out for two weeks, just me and my men. We’d come at night in speedboats with our dry suits and our weapons and under the cover of darkness swim onto the island. Then we’d campout somewhere, dig a hole in the dirt, and take pictures and notes.”

Alex also talks his plans for the future…career-wise

“I’m at a place in my career where I need to show people what I want to be doing. I have a great opportunity where, as long as I’m on [True Blood] I know I have a job in December. So I can afford to say no to stuff and go after these little cool projects that I feel really passionate about.”

He also talks being typecasted in Hollywood:

“You tend to get a lot of offers that are like, the hot guy and those parts aren’t very fun. I hope there’s something more to me than my pecs.”

@Canuck:
She’s a wuss. I’ve tried to get her to watch it and she’s like “I can’t watch vampire stuff, I’ll have nightmares.” *eyeroll*

@Camille: Whew, that first one just sent me into my own personal summer! *Fans self* They’ve said in a few interviews that he’s better lookng in person, that a little hard to image when you see a shot like that.

@Camille: At least the Men’s Journal I can get easily, having a heck of a time getting the Blackbook.

jealous much @ 09/09/2011 at 12:34 pm

@Skarsgrd kiss JJ a$$:

that jealousy of you is quite unbecoming beehll, I mean stephen lol

lilla syster @ 09/09/2011 at 12:46 pm

@Camille:

Thanks Camille. That was a really good interview and I agree. He has to make right decisions. It’s good to know he’s aware that too. Sry by saying this, if there are some tb fans on board but NO more vampire soap operas kinds of things which only generate grudge and hate in fandom. Does anyone know for sure how many years his tb contract covers? Anyone?

@lilla syster: Through season 7.

wow he looks so hot here! And tanned…

@ladybug:
Yeah I can’t ever find half of the magazines either, and I don’t feel like ordering them off some website and paying like $25 for it.

@Canuck:
I can’t imagine what he looks like in person if he’s supposed to be hotter than in pics and on tv. Jesus!

@lilla syster:
It seems like he’s focusing more on smaller movies, which isn’t a bad thing. Some of the big blockbuster crap that Hollywood puts out is terrible. I know that his contract is for 7 seasons. That’s pretty standard in tv.

@Camille: Men’s Journal I know I can find at my grocery store. Our main book store does carry Blackbook, but didn’t have it as of last Saturday.
Though, to mention once again, I’d love for him to have a photo shoot where he’s smiling and not all smoldering. Smoldering’s nice, but he looks even better when he’s laughing.

Cafélady @ 09/09/2011 at 1:46 pm

@ladybug: Really? In that case I would be reassured to hear that.
I thought, I had read somewhere (sorry I have forgotten in which magazine it was), that alleged Alex was the only one of the tb-cast who had signed an contract only for 5 seasons and all the others for 7….but I don’t know whether this is true or whether it was just speculation at this time…

…and btw. of course he looks good here, as usual! I like the shorts and love it always if he wear his ‘hammarby’-shirt! ;)

@ladybug:
The real cover of Men’s Journal isn’t as good as what I posted. I posted someone’s edit of it. I don’t know what they did to the actual shot, but…it’s weird lighting and his face looks strange in it. It’s not the best shot of him, that’s for sure. This is what it looks like without the edits.

@Cafélady: I remember reading something about 5 years too.

@Cafélady:
No, it’s for 7 seasons. This was confirmed by Skarsgard News when someone asked them, and they have contact with Alex.

Cafélady @ 09/09/2011 at 2:06 pm

@Camille: Ahhh. Good news! Thanx for the info, Camille! :)
I have really no idea, how this thing with the 5-season-contract was brought on the table, and why…may be it has something to do with one of his earlier interviews he has given years ago? I mean, a lot of actors are ‘afraid’ of to sign such a long-term contract…or admit this on an early point of their career, before they do then tv-shows, I mean…

Cafélady @ 09/09/2011 at 2:33 pm

@Canuck: Yeah. But like I said, unfortunately I can’t remember in which magazine I have read that. But according to @Camille, apparently the 7-seasons are confirmed by skarsgardnews.com and Alex respectively, so I think it was possibly just speculation or they (the magazine-people) misunderstood something.

@Camille:
That first pic is amazing!! Wow.
Can I have him??? Pleeeeease???? I promise I’ll take good care of him!! Pretty please?!?!?!?

Director Rod Lurie has him some brass balls, remaking Sam Peckinpah’s polarizing Straw Dogs. … Lurie’s incendiary film means to shake you – and it sure as hell does.

@Canuck: @Cafélady:
It’s possible that he didn’t actually sign it until second season perhaps, so if it went to season 7 then that would only be 5 seasons if he wasn’t a contracted regular for the first and second season? I’m just speculating though.

@ladybug:
I read that. I think it may be a decent movie with some decent performances but I just can’t get past KB and her terrible acting.

LOL! This little kid sure loves to climb on Alex.

lafamepoma @ 09/09/2011 at 3:43 pm

I love his t-shirt, he loves to promote Sweden, it has to be a beautiful country with gorgeous guys

@Camille: It’s my understanding that the 7 years was the original contract.

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/09/2011 at 3:55 pm

@Canuck:

Granny, thanks for putting up a picture of you and your daughter. I can definitely see the family resemblance. : p
——————————————————————————————-
Here a story of a recent sighting of Askars that might interest you …

Seemingly drunk Swedish moose found stuck in tree

08/09/2011
The Associated Press
STOCKHOLM – A seemingly intoxicated moose has been discovered entangled in an apple tree by a stunned Swede. … Other neighbours in the Goteborg suburb Saro had seen the animal sneaking around the area for days. Johansson said the moose appeared to be sick, drunk or “half-stupid.”

Cafélady @ 09/09/2011 at 3:56 pm

@Camille: Well, that’s possible. But I thought perhaps it had something to do with it, that he usually not like to sign such long-term things just for the “artistic freedom” or somewhat like that. I mean, an actor usually want to make as much different projects as possible, I think and to sign for a few years is in contradiction to have this “artistic freedom”. I mean 7- even only 5 seasons is a long time to be obliged.
But of course, your idea could be right.

Nice pic!! thanx for posting it! I believe, she just enjoys the time with him, to have the attention of an other person to make a little fun with her respectively. :) For a kid in her age this is important. Especially on locations which are may be a little boring for kids, like this film-set.
And I would say, it seems like he is an “kids-type”, someone who knows good how to handle with kids. And obviously he has no problem with it. This would makes him a little more likeable for me than so far, if this would be possible. :)

@Cafélady: He’s mentioned that there’s enough break time that he still gets to do movies. And it gives him what he called in the GQ interview as ‘f***-you money’, so he’s secure and doesn’t have to take the movie offers just to take the movie offers.

Alexander Skarsgard is balding @ 09/09/2011 at 4:09 pm

@Lovely:

very fresh … what?
fresh smell of vanilla creme.
Is that what his jiz smells like?
Forget the ice cream ladies, I now know what you ladies will be having for dessert if you were on a date with Askars…. ; )

@ladybug:
Yeah that’s what Skarsgard News reported, 7 years. I’m just trying to think of why some article would have stated it was for 5.

@Camille:

apparently he likes to grow his hair out during hiatus .. that way the stylist have more options on what to do with it!

Asprey where are you? @ 09/09/2011 at 7:05 pm

TrueBlade, Merrick, Asprey whoever you are I miss your posts. Since you’re no longer here or now at that other Yuku place where are you? I need your dry wit and doses of reality to stay sane in this crazy fandom. I heard it mentioned you have your own board, I’d love to hang there. Hope you’re doing ok -keep being your awesome self!

Skarsfans are 2x1 @ 09/09/2011 at 10:56 pm

@Camille:
Oh poor Alex, most of his fans are overweight.
I bet all these fan pics are a big joke for him.

@Natalie: He also smells like JJ’s ass

Gosh. He looks delectable when he’s slightly dishevelled.