Gerard Butler: Creative Coalition Awards with Michelle Monaghan!

Gerard Butler: Creative Coalition Awards with Michelle Monaghan!

Gerard Butler hits the red carpet at the Creative Coalition’s 2011 Spotlight Initiative Awards held at the Roosevelt Room during the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday (September 10) in Toronto, Canada.

The 41-year-old actor was joined on the carpet by his Machine Gun Preacher co-star Michelle Monaghan, who was honored with an award during the evening.

“To be honoured with a Spotlight Award means a lot to me, actually,” Michelle said. “I think it’s important to recognize projects that take a risk, and this one isn’t afraid to confront the audience with some tough material.”

That evening, Gerard also checked out the premiere of the film Rampart during the festival.

FYI: Michelle is wearing an open-back dress and clutch both by Prada.

10+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan at the awards…

gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 01
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 02
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 03
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 04
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 05
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 06
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 07
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 08
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 09
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 10
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 11
gerard butler creative coalition awards with michelle monaghan 12

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

If Gerry is making faces to to camera it’s agood sign.

Great pics!. Thanks manny for posting the interview in the last thread. I loved the way they were with each other. Respectful and not flirting. And I thought he looked great. Shaved neck and all lol

Great pics! Manny thanks for posting the interview in the last thread

Many thanks @ 09/11/2011 at 3:08 am

Thank you, Manny, for posting that great interview, Michelle is such a class act, and you can see the difference in the way Gerard acts around a woman like that, he actually answers the questions in a very dignifying enlightening way, the interviewer was very straight forward, and you can actually appreciate the fact that he is indeed, a damn good artist, when all is said and done, without all the BS that usually he does for the press when he’s with, oh i dont know, someone classless like a………….Jennifer A.? You can actually get introspect about the movie itself without any crude comments or snarky remarks. I love interviews like this.

LUV them too. Just cannot understand why Gerry always “pick” the wrong women for him…

To our american friends here:
ozymandias/ percy bysshe shelley
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: “Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!’
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away”.

All the world is with you today, my heart is with you today with hopes that you will never know a dark day like the one happened 10 years ago.
peace

bystander @ 09/11/2011 at 5:28 am

Sad to see armed guards at the american embassy in London last night, although on the USA side of the fence. Wish it wasn’t necessary in my country. My birthday today. Thinking of those who lost family, friends and colleagues 10years ago.

@bystander: Happy birthday, do something nice for yourself

@she:@bystander:
Thank you, from Washington DC. It’s been a sad but triumphant weekend.
WE’RE STILL HERE!!
THOSE BAS.TARDS DIDN”T BRING US DOWN! AND THEY NEVER WILL!

@bystander:

I used to work in Upper Berkeley Street, there are armed guards outside the American Embassy everyday, nothing special in that regard, a lot of other embassies in London also have armed guards outside on a daily basis too. Sadly, it’s the world we live in.

@Manny, thanks for the link to the interview, finally one that makes sense. He is a little nervous rubbing his legs. Michelle is a class act and I think she really likes Gerry with the praise she gives him. She saw him in a way we generally never see, him being himself. You can tell their is respect for each other between them. That is so refreshing to see.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/11/2011 at 7:25 am

More terrific pics! Gerry and Michelle look great together!! Have a great day JJer’s!

@#4, I think Gerry has held this side of him back from his HW “image” as rogue, bad boy, ladies man but it is could be the real him.? Also he has transformed his life in the last year. Sometimes things need to be painful for us to sit up and listen.
The more you hurt, the serious you become about listening. So now I think he’s had a heart-to-heart with himself, maybe God? Maybe this movie did have a life-changing effect on him? But not to go ‘religious’ he has seriously cleaned up his act. He’s been reshaped, literally!
The more serious side of Gerry is emerging as he embraces the adult he’s been avoiding becoming-maybe hiding- after being crushed by fans or the press or maybe simply by accepting his own mortality. Hollywood can be cruel however generous as long as you’re making it money.
OK, he looks outstanding. Very neat, well put together, focused, friendly and well handsome! Here’s to his continuing to develop!

You’re welcome one and all.
I just love Michelle. Genuine, adorable, sweet, and open. She is breath of fresh air. It will be interesting to watch them on this press junket.
I think about his last press junket with Aniston and how this new one is shaping up and I feel for Butler. He has sold so many projects on sex appeal and that is not appropriate with this movie. It will be interesting to see how soon the nervous edge of his leaves.
Michelle will make the adjustment easier I believe because she is just so honest and seems delighted with their performances.
May God bless those who lost so much on this day ten years ago. Just watching the news this morning my heart physically hurts for the events of that day because I understand more fully the ghastly impact that 102 minutes had on this country.
God bless the families of the lost and the heroes who stepped up from their every day existence to make a difference. We will never forget.
Have a good day one and all.

curious cat @ 09/11/2011 at 11:21 am

@bystander:

Happy birthday, Bystander! And many more!

Michelle brings out the best in Gerard

curious cat @ 09/11/2011 at 1:11 pm

@Manny:

Isn’t Michelle married? That may partly account for the lack of flirtiness. I don’t recall any serious speculation about Heigl or Swank either. But if his co-star is single, like Aniston or Biel gossip unfolds, whether it’s just to drum up interest in the fllm or prying press.

We also had an interviewer who stuck to the topic at hand, the film, without nonsense about law school or how to pronounce his name.

Manny, thanks again for that interview clip. I am looking forward to both MGP and Coriolanus, which seem to have had positive reviews. If and when they come to this Rock. MGP seems to be scheduled for Oct. 14 at my neighborhood theater but nowhere else on this Rock that I can see. Coriolanus I think is scheduled for December release?

curious cat @ 09/11/2011 at 1:12 pm

Or his single status or reputation with women.

cubedweller @ 09/11/2011 at 1:18 pm

@Manny: Caught your reply on the last thread – thanks! I’m watching all this with great interest as well. Have you seen “Source Code”? On the DVD extras, Michelle is just the same – sweet, enthusiastic and very normal. She’s very generous with her comments, and seems genuinely humble.
Many many thanks for all the good wishes from our friends outside the U.S. It is a day of great sadness and remembrance. And it brings back a lot of painful recollections, as well as admiration for all the selfless heroes of that awful day. Blessings to all those grieving their personal losses. I heard a story on the radio about a local couple traveling in Eastern Europe on 9/11. Late in the evening when they went out into the town, all the local shopkeepers had put out American flags as a show of support and sympathy. I’ve heard many tales like that, and they never fail to make me tear up.
Have a good Sunday, all you JJrs.

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/11/2011 at 1:32 pm

I can’t keep up with all these new threads! Gerry’s the hottest ticket on here lately! Like I said before, he’s looking good and very happy these days. But he’s got a lot on his plate! He thrives on this kind of thing though.
Gerry’s like a chameleon. He adapts to his surroundings and the people. It seems if he’s with a playful, flirty person, he’s that way. If he’s with someone serious and no nonsense, he’s that way. That ability to change colors quickly and adapt to his environment serves him well as an actor! He’s very empathetic too. I’ve always loved that about him.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All