Gerard Butler Gets 'Sirius' in NYC

Gerard Butler Gets 'Sirius' in NYC

Gerard Butler stops by “The Morning Mash Up” at the SiriusXM Studios on Thursday (September 15) in New York City.

The 41-year-old actor has been busy promoting two new films, Machine Gun Preacher and Coriolanus, which both premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.

“I think that was one of those career defining moments for me,” Gerard said about screening Machine Gun Preacher at TIFF.

“I’m very proud of the movie, I think it’s a very powerful, remarkable piece of work. Last year was kind of a time for me that I stopped and said, ‘Ok, really, what do I want to do right now?’ And I took on a couple of challenges, challenged myself with more edgy and grittier roles, with this and also with Coriolanus,” he added.

FYI: Gerard is wearing a Rogue plaid shirt.

gerard butler sirius 01
gerard butler sirius 02
gerard butler sirius 03
gerard butler sirius 04
gerard butler sirius 05

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

Gerry, my dear you get around like hot air. You must be running yourself ragged, but you still look so good.

JJ, what’s up with your site chewing up posts and making them disappear.

Howard Stern has never been a favorite of mine but I do feel the praise he had for Gerry and MGP was genuine. I think he found Gerry to be open and spontaneous. Howard has a way of making people very uncomfortable but Gerry handled it well.

Big daddy! Wait! Harpo, who dis woman?

@lolita:

I said it before that Butler is a chameleon. He can adapt to any and every situation.

that girl is ugly, no way she’s with him, she probably works for Sirius

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/15/2011 at 6:28 pm

Another thread! OMG! It’s JustGerard for sure! LOL! Gerry looks like a lumberjack! I tossed out a shirt just like that one not too long ago because the plaid made me look to big. I see where it ended up!

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/15/2011 at 6:31 pm

@lolita:

Yes I liked the Stern interview! It wasn’t too over the top raunch!
That girl in the pic is dressed strange! I’m no fashionista but a summery flowered dress with suede boots is an odd combo! LOL!

@Truth: I remember an interview on TMC when they were showing movies of Lon Chaney and they said he was an actor with a 1,000 faces. Gerry falls in that categoy too.
@Eve, I agree not over the top considering how Howard can get.

Just make sure you come to Australia soon. Make some of your fans happy!

Where can I watch the whole Howard Stern interview??? I’ve only watched this teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxDN5A2ePt0

Gerry Oldman @ 09/15/2011 at 7:18 pm

Gerry has really old looking arms these days and GROSS elbows! I hate when people have that kind of dry, wrinkly and bluish elbows.
http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOpenDetail.action?searchString=pacificphotos634627&search1String=gerard butler&search2String=a&dispOutput=grid&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=pacificphotos&vg=false&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=N&searchText=N&searchGraphics=N&sort=d&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch

Gerry Oldman @ 09/15/2011 at 7:21 pm

Fifth picture in the third row:

Sweetestone2 @ 09/15/2011 at 7:29 pm

More amazing Gerry!!Yeah!! Luv him!!x

Two thumbs down? What’s wrong with asking about the Stern interview?

omg another gerry thread i just cant keep up but he does make me smile when i see him thats it gerry smile for me awwww that was great luv the pictures

Predictable @ 09/15/2011 at 8:02 pm

Jamison Ernest, Linda Vojtova, Ronnie Madra, Alan Siegel and lookie, lookie if it isn’t The Butler’s latest model victim: http://lnx.gerryscorner.it/cpg133/displayimage.php?pid=28566&fullsize=1
Nothing serious this time either, of course. As usual.

Love Gerry to bits but just spoke with a dear friend who has half followed him cause of me.She say she swears he looks”methy” lately.Surely hope not. Will be ducking any slings and arrows coming my way as I’m off to the land of Nod.

Do wish him good health and all the best with MGP and Corialanus, both of which I’m dying to see.

@Melinda

The HS interview has been posted on Youtube in 6 parts. Here is part 1 and you can follow on from there by clicking on the other parts on the sidebar

OK, everyone… Scroll down to post #26 in this thread http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/09/15/gerard-butler-im-up-for-a-300-sequel/all-comments/#comments.
I swear, that sounds exactly like Gerry’s Icelandic friend and ‘spiritual guide’ Halli Hansen! EXACTLY like him. The words, the writing style, *everything*. I know what I’m talking about since I’ve read a few things of what he’s written and also met him in person and heard him speak. Very weird.

Hey predictable who is gerry’s lastest model victim.

I find it very ironic that just when there is so much to discuss about Gerry’s career, interviews, public appearances and all the great news surrounding this man….hardly anybody is talking…. *crickets*…. I loved the HS interview and have enjoyed most of the press about MGP and Gerry. I am so thrilled that his true talent as an actor is finally being recognized. But all this Oscar talk has me nervous because I don’t think there is any chance of MGP even being considered for an award. Not because it’s undeserving, but because Christian based themes are not something the Hollywood elite are going to acknowledge. This is just my opinion, of course. Looking forward to MGP release, and I just found out that it WILL be playing in at least one art house theater in my city!

Swannie

Scarlett-E @ 09/15/2011 at 11:02 pm

@Predictable
She is not Gerry’s latest model victim.She is a Dutch model, Rianne Ten Haken and her and Gerry have been friends for years.

@SwansongPaisley: I also liked the Howard interview. Howard does his homework. There is huge buzz about Clooneys new picture as well as Pitt’s. And their movies don’t have God as a main part of the story.

Informal Observer @ 09/15/2011 at 11:33 pm

I hope the movie does well and gets the recognition it deserves, but in my opinion, the powers that be in Hollywood might find it a little bit too controversial to nominate it for an Oscar for two reasons : religion and the political situation in the Sudan right now. I hope I’m wrong!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All