Gerard Butler Explains His Drastic Weight Loss

Gerard Butler Explains His Drastic Weight Loss

Gerard Butler lands at LAX Airport after flying in from NYC on Thursday (September 15) in Los Angeles.

The 41-year-old Scottish star was in the Big Apple to promote his new movies, Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher.

Gerry also attended the Diesel Black Gold show where he chatted with Us Weekly about his recent weight loss.

“I ate my last meal in October and I run about 40 miles a day,” he joked. “It’s just doing a lot of cardio and extremely watching what I eat. I stopped lifting big weights and I’m doing yoga.”

“If I wear a long shirt, everyone says, ‘Oh my, God! He lost so much weight.’ But this is how I look,” he added. “I just used to be a lot bigger. But now I’m surfing. I’m doing a surf movie so I have to slim down. I don’t know … maybe I’m sick or something!”

FYI: Gerard is wearing a Rogue plaid shirt and dark olive jacket.

gerard butler explains weight loss 01
gerard butler explains weight loss 02
gerard butler explains weight loss 03
gerard butler explains weight loss 04
gerard butler explains weight loss 05
gerard butler explains weight loss 06

A&E

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 713 » Show All
Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/16/2011 at 8:35 am

Thanks JJ for the great pics! Gerry looks great and rested..He had some great interviews and all the ROAR for MGP, Anyone else see OSCAR in the area! Yea!lol I am glad he is home in LA, and now maybe Gerry can have some down time. I just love that MAN BAG, just think it wonderful, Gerry seems to be fond of it as well, lol…..
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/16/2011 at 8:36 am

Appilonia G. MontiNegro

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/16/2011 at 8:45 am

OH, GEEEE Sorry JJers for the extra post, the site this morning was stuck or something, I resent my post because I thought it was lost, SORRY Appi

Anna butler @ 09/16/2011 at 9:03 am

I want to have sex with gerard butler. Yummmeh.

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/16/2011 at 9:06 am

Gerry back in CA, looking good!! Maybe he’ll get some surfing in this weekend before he heads to San Francisco!!

Have a great day JJer’s!

wow looking good gerry love the darker jeans and always love the smile keep posting the pic jj im loving!!!

if scottish eyes loss wight to be his hair coming out

@Anna butler:

It probably wouldn’t be that difficult to achieve that goal.

I love he still uses that leather mailbag satchel. If it could only talk! Oh, and that we no longer see him smoking. (sigh of relieve)
~K

I mean (sigh of relief! (eye roll)
Also, I think after that interview he’d want to be as far away from NYC as possible, and the west coast was the perfect choice–all things considered. Looks like he high-tailed right after! LOL
~K

he’s making a movie that involves surfing? Point Break? Bet he thinks he can look younger by losing weight. Not. Working. LOL!

speaktruth @ 09/16/2011 at 9:41 am

If he is sick, I’ll catch his disease haha he’s so hot!

He’s paid to lose and gain weight for roles, just like any other actor / actress…he looked good before and he looks good now.
I certainly hope he is not sick, although I am sure he was kidding.

GB and PDAs . . . really? Gossip from NY Post? Probably, maybe, but regardless of all the silly tabloid stories I will honestly say that she is beautiful and a twenty-something model which seems to be perfect for him and more importantly perhaps is that she fits industry standards for a Scottish stud actor. Image wise he really should be with someone such as that. Good for him! Best of luck on the upcoming interviews!

latest gossip @ 09/16/2011 at 10:49 am

she’s a pre-existing “friend” not a random

not buying it @ 09/16/2011 at 11:01 am

@SeeFSee: He gained weight he said to play Sam after he lost weight on that silly “cleanse” after Barbados. From what pictures that exist, Frosty Hesson was in his late 40s and stocky, when he mentored Jay Moriarity. Gerry in MGP mode would have been right for Frosty and he was hardly out of shape. He looks bloody good and in shape in the movie. .

I am sure Frosty won’t mind being portrayed a tall thin hottie from Scottie but…. Now Jay was a hottie and he’s being played by a hottie. Guess they want two hotties to bring in the women to a surfing movie that might not otherwise appeal to females. The Butler fans would be coming anyway.

sweetestone2 @ 09/16/2011 at 11:02 am

Gerry!! Luv him!! Especially with that Smile on his face..What I wouldn’t give to wake up next to him everyday! AMAZING MAN!!

Buenos dias,les dejo una bonita cancion de NAT KING COLE muy romantica….Siempre que te pregunto,que CUANDO,COMO y DONDE,tu siempre me respondes….QUIZAS,QUIZAS,QUIZAS….Y asi pasan los dias y yo desesperado y tu,tu contestando….QUIZAS,QUIZAS,QUIZAS…..
Estas perdiendo el tiempo pensando,pensando,por lo que tu mas quieras hasta cuando,hasta cuando…..Y asi pasan los dias y yo desesperado y tu,tu contestando …..QUIZAS,QUIZAS,QUIZAS………buenos dias Sr.Butler….buenos dias Sra.Dargabriel vibraciones positivas para todos uds……amorcito…..I LOVE YOU…..adios.

Latest gossip,who is the prexisting friend.

Latest gossip are you talking about the danish model he has been friends for years?

letest gossip @ 09/16/2011 at 11:12 am

@cupcake: The Australian model the NY post is reporting he was snogging last night Nicole Trunfio.

@letest gossip: A bona fide FWB – she is already on his Facebook friends list.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 713 » Show All