Gerard Butler Explains His Drastic Weight Loss

Gerard Butler Explains His Drastic Weight Loss

Gerard Butler lands at LAX Airport after flying in from NYC on Thursday (September 15) in Los Angeles.

The 41-year-old Scottish star was in the Big Apple to promote his new movies, Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher.

Gerry also attended the Diesel Black Gold show where he chatted with Us Weekly about his recent weight loss.

“I ate my last meal in October and I run about 40 miles a day,” he joked. “It’s just doing a lot of cardio and extremely watching what I eat. I stopped lifting big weights and I’m doing yoga.”

“If I wear a long shirt, everyone says, ‘Oh my, God! He lost so much weight.’ But this is how I look,” he added. “I just used to be a lot bigger. But now I’m surfing. I’m doing a surf movie so I have to slim down. I don’t know … maybe I’m sick or something!”

FYI: Gerard is wearing a Rogue plaid shirt and dark olive jacket.

gerard butler explains weight loss 01
gerard butler explains weight loss 02
gerard butler explains weight loss 03
gerard butler explains weight loss 04
gerard butler explains weight loss 05
gerard butler explains weight loss 06

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 713 » Show All

His wakeup call was when those pictures of him all huge and flabby were all over the net. He was humiliated and immediately after that he started to lose weight big time. It scared him shitless that he wouldn’t get another leading job.

Someone gave me a thumbs down for stating the obvious?! Oh, c’mon now. I’m not buying into any gossip ‘cuz it’s all a game . . . but it’s even better if they are already friends or “whatever”. . . they really would look great together as a couple . . . they obviously hang in a similar circles (young models and older guys) and have similar lifestyles as well. There’s a big age difference which I always wonder about but I guess if it works it works.

Is this fwb blonde or brunnete just curious.

#28
Does it really matter?

what the ... @ 09/16/2011 at 11:43 am

This is the guy at the gate that everyone prays doesn’t sit next to them.

Yes it matters he looks better with a brunette than a blonde just humor me.

Dolly Madison @ 09/16/2011 at 11:59 am

Nicole is a friend of Gerry’s, have been friends for a while. But JUST friends. Reliable sources that were there said that they only kissed hello and goodbye, they were NOT snogging or anything of that sort. They talked for a while and left separately. She supposedly has a boyfriend, and it’s NOT Gerry. Far too much is being made of this. It was just a social meeting of two friends.

Oh I’m sure they are all “friend’s of Gerry’s” in one way or another. Anyway . . . so, did he wear that same shirt the entire time he was in NY? lol.

Good one dmp.

Gerry, You look great now! You do not need his cheeks like a hamster

Gerry’s been in deep relationships with fair and dark haired women over the years. I simply loved how he blurted out how with a big yes he’s been in love. Not that I didn’t think he had, but it was (one of) the better questions.
Also, loved how he (finally) admitted to not liking the business as much but more the job of acting (and he has grown better at). Watching his favorite actor might have helped, along with being invited to work with better talent as well.
Now for the next leg of this junket. The talk shows!
~K :o)

cubedweller @ 09/16/2011 at 12:30 pm

Another model story – what a surprise. It will be interesting to see what the fallout is in the coming weeks, since to my mind Butler basically outed HIMSELF as a huge player on the HS show. I loved the interview, and one of the things I loved about it is that Stern really grilled him about his lifestyle. I have no problem with that, since I have always thought that Butler was purposely creating his own “ladies man” image, in the extreme. The coy denials that his image is exaggerated, seemed to me like thinly disguised bragging. And I really found it jaw-dropping that he would say things like he didn’t know his live-ins had moved out, or that it was tougher to have casual hook-ups with American women. We all hear things differently, but I actually liked that he finally just put it out there for the record – who he really is. Perhaps the romantically-inclined will now kindly step to the rear – Mr. Hit It and Forget It is nowhere near a relationship. Butler is clever and extremely ambitious. He ran that interview – not Stern. He put out there what he wanted to be out there.
Have a great weekend, all you JJrs!

He’s in the same shirt because after being singed, I mean Sirius’d, he couldn’t stick around town having been emotionally gutted like a trout!
~K
who loves that satchel that made it the Taj Mahal, one of the Wonders of the World like him :o)

~K
who loves that satchel made it the Taj Mahal, one of the Wonders of the World like him :o)

@# 38 cubedweller: My post was for you. Trying to get a post to go through is almost impossible on here today!

I couldn’t agree with you more cubedweller gerry is a bonafide player he will settle down if he wants to.

ugh he’s beyond ugly

latest gossip @ 09/16/2011 at 1:21 pm

@cupcake: And the older he gets the harder it will be to settle down unless his career tanks but then the excuse will be gotta make a comeback, gotta make a comeback.

He’ll probably settle down when he is 80 with some famewhore 21 year old who can push his wheelchair around and maybe pop out some Butler sprogs if the Gerry juice is still viable.

bystander @ 09/16/2011 at 1:29 pm

@cubedweller: me too, I concur. what will his more blinkered fans make of it tho’?

#43
“Stating the obvious” table for one!

May God Bless yoou all! @ 09/16/2011 at 1:56 pm

1 Corinthians 10:13
New International Version
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

I hate to read that CorBlimey has decided to leave the JJ Gerard Butler threads/board. She was an enjoyable part of this group.

@LLL: Agreed, but understandable. Not much reward or cheer following GB as a hobby. Better living your own life – a resolution I should abide by. If anyone had the time to calculate the number of posts by name, the results might show that very few people actually post here, though some are quite vocal (and repetitive). The rest of the world doesn’t care.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 713 » Show All