Brad Pitt Covers 'Sports Illustrated'

Brad Pitt Covers 'Sports Illustrated'

Brad Pitt sports an Oakland A’s cap on the September 26 issue of Sports Illustrated, on newsstands Wednesday.

Here’s what the 47-year-old actor, who stars in the upcoming movie Moneyball, shared with senior writer Austin Murphy:

On getting the SI cover: “I was just happy to do Sports Illustrated. To do something other than the fashion-y things, for something I respect, is much more fun.”

On his background in baseball: “It’s shameful how little I know about baseball…. I’m amazed they let me do this movie…. Baseball and I didn’t get along that well. I wrestled one year [in high school]. I dove one year. Everything but baseball.”

On what initially drew Brad to the Moneyball story: “I’m a sucker for the underdog story.”

On the end goal of the film: “What we were trying to do is tell an unconventional story in the Trojan horse of a conventional baseball movie.”

On the comparisons between Moneyball and three of his favorite ’70s films (The French Connection, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, All the President’s Men): “In scripts today, someone has a big epiphany, learns a lesson, then comes out the other side different. In these older films I’m talking about, the beast at the end of the movie was the same beast in the beginning of the movie. What changed was the world around them, by just a couple of degrees. Nothing monumental. I think that’s true about us. We fine‑tune ourselves, but big change is not real.”

Moneyball opens everywhere on Friday, September 23.

Mike Coppola/Getty

alexandra @ 09/19/2011 at 1:05 pm

He used to be so hot,now he looks like a scruffy old man

alexandra @ 09/19/2011 at 1:05 pm

He used to be so hot,now he looks like a scruffy old man

Hot as hell ;))

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 09/19/2011 at 1:08 pm

Great cover. Love him. Can’t wait for the movie. And I don’t even like baseball but I’ll see it because of this handsome man.

Jack Easton @ 09/19/2011 at 1:08 pm

My favourite Brad Pitt movie is Meet Joe Black (1998). It is an underappreciated and underrated classic and deserves better than the mockery and contempt it gets from many people. Anyone who hasn’t seen it should watch it. It’s one of the greatest films of all time and it stays with you years after you see it. It should have been much more critically and commercially successful and won a truckload of Oscars.

woman spanish @ 09/19/2011 at 1:11 pm

Stunning!!!

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 09/19/2011 at 1:13 pm

Brad looks hot & young for his age.

total joke @ 09/19/2011 at 1:13 pm

never played
total candyasz

The cover looks good!

"A's" is for acne scars @ 09/19/2011 at 1:15 pm

Hows this man in cover? ? ?

On Being Uncoordinated: “Hey I’m awesome at pocketball”

He is still so beautiful.

brad fake in cover lol

Thanks for the new thread : )
Love Brad and Angelina!

Brad is great as a person and as a father. Stop the hate!

Il est trop beau, Brad je t’aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime .

Wouldn’t let the jenhags get to you, they aren’t worth the time.

Brad has Beautiful eyes :-)

Love his interview. The man is looking so hot on the cover.

@alexandra:
Nobody stays the same as you get older. Unless you go for botox injections like Aniston.

He is still handsome and his scruffy looks are for movie roles.

im sure people out more good looking

COVER’S GREAT