Gerard Butler Premieres 'Machine Gun Preacher' in L.A.

Gerard Butler Premieres 'Machine Gun Preacher' in L.A.

Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan attend the Machine Gun Preacher premiere at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences on Wednesday (September 21) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The night before, the 41-year-old actor promoted his new flick on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Gerry recently opened up about prepping for his role as Sam Childers, the former drug-dealing biker who finds God and becomes a crusader for child soldiers.

“[Sam] gave me his bible. There was a million things. I watched documentaries on fundamentalism, on preaching, on bikers, everything – all the different things that made Sam who he is,” he shared.

FYI: Gerard suited up in Calvin Klein Collection. Michelle accessorized with Neil Lane jewelry.

10+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan at the Machine Gun Preacher premiere…

gerard butler michelle monaghan machine premiere la 01
gerard butler michelle monaghan machine premiere la 10
gerard butler michelle monaghan machine premiere la 11
gerard butler michelle monaghan machine premiere la 12
gerard butler michelle monaghan machine premiere la 13
gerard butler michelle monaghan machine premiere la 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 716 » Show All

Michelle is adorable. Butler looks sharp in that suit. Excited to see the movie if it makes it to my town…

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/21/2011 at 11:25 pm

Gerry is looking oh so fine and Michelle is adorable! Hope they have a great evening!

BrookeLondon @ 09/21/2011 at 11:59 pm

Looking good Gerry!!!
But we all know Fram and all the other phannies will be there. Hahaha….
Thats why Gerry told them see u tomorrow outside Leno’s.

@Manny: @Can’tGetEnough:
I love michelle too! I think she is underrated, but hopefully that will change soon. If you haven’t seen kiss kiss bang bang with michelle, robert downey jr., and val kilmer then I highly suggest you watch it. It is so funny lol!

interesting @ 09/22/2011 at 12:23 am

On cue Gerard talks about Sam, who he is, and how he prepared for the role.Something JJ’ers pointed out was sadly lacking in his promotional interviews. I think his people must be reading here.

interesting @ 09/22/2011 at 12:28 am

He also addressed his weight loss, his reputation and his smoking again.
Food for thought, if his team reads here they really do get an idea of what the general public says about him. A little more realistic than fan sites.

The premiere was at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, not the TV Academy (which isn’t in Bev Hills).

No need to get all excited. This movie will be just as bad as all the rest.

Swannie

nice pics @ 09/22/2011 at 1:03 am

I agree with everyone. The pictures of Gerry and Michelle are great. The green in her dress is actually bringing out the green in Gerry’s eyes. I wonder if a stylist coordinated both of their outfits together. This is a very professional and classy red carpet look. Good job to everyone involved.

Zoe Saldana at the MGP premiere.

You both look gr8.

bystander @ 09/22/2011 at 4:23 am

Call me old fashioned but I still think these ultra slim legged, narrow shouldered suits make him look a bit feminine! At least the buttons on this jacket do up.
God I’m so superficial today.

bigfanofher @ 09/22/2011 at 6:57 am

nice dress!

Aglow with success!
~K

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/22/2011 at 8:20 am

Yes, Gerry and Michelle, looked so wonderful! The photos are GREAT!
I heard the premier went GREAT!Yes, Oscar’s for 2 PLEASE!
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

oooooo gerry looks hot and michelle look so pretty looks like gerry is haveing a great time look at that smile i have to wait to see the movie not playing in my area but as soon as i can im at the theater i agree oscar vote for mgp and gerry

Zoe has a “partner”. Dunno. Could be male or female. Just sayin’. But nice try at some gossip. ;o)
~K

sweetestone2 @ 09/22/2011 at 10:41 am

Gerry and Michelle Look Amazing!!! He is SO Gorgeous..and She is SO Beautiful…Great to hear LA went well…Keep hearing OSCARS…I truly wish that for all on this Movie…Especially GERRY!!

I agree, nice from the neck up, but full body Gerry looks like a lollipop IMO.

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 09/22/2011 at 12:36 pm

@N.: Yes N, I agree with you, Gerry is a big Kid,and sooo funny, Gerry is PURE Starfantastic! lol, Gerry was hilarious and Whitney is a blast herself, lol…I just love Gerry , always have and always said so,,,,,I like Whitney and Gerry together, he is such a big HAM, LOL., and She just ran with it, lol. It was a really good Leno Show, Just tooo funny….
Appilonia G. MontiNegro

cubedweller @ 09/22/2011 at 2:21 pm

Nice pics – they both look really great. Wish Butler would wear his jackets cut a little fuller because they always look a size too small to me – but he cleans up really well. Like the beard this length. Michelle’s dress is gorgeous on her. Looking forward to seeing the movie soon.
@ Manny – I read your comments on the last thread.
I too was surprised that the smoking issue was immediately brought up with Leno. Seemed it was deliberate – to reassure the worried, (and to shut up the haters) regarding the smoking. Whatever – I was happy to hear he is back on the nonsmoking wagon, no matter how he accomplished it.

Odd – censorship??? They have deleted the post about the Ramey Pix shots of GB leaving the premiere party looking angry. Is the a real effort here to clean up his image?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 716 » Show All